users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Class not registered error
Class not registered error
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-17 18:55:23  
Anyone getting this issue while attempting to log into windower or even without windower?

I'm able to log in up to the point where the mini movie will start to play and then it crashes and a bottom pops up with the message in the title.

any help appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-17 19:07:58  
This is generally a registry error which means that some registry entry did not get installed correctly. I'm not familiar with any easy fixes for this but I could look if I can get some more details but it is fairly likely you may need to re-install.

Is it a new, fresh install?

Steam or non-steam?

What OS are you running and is it 32 or 64 bit?
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-11-17 19:30:12  
Definitely not a new install actually was working fine yesterday, did a restart yesterday since nortan rq'd a restart and here we are.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-17 20:41:48  
Oh... norton... Okay so this is probably due to anti-virus's over-zealousness in deleting files and registry entries pointing to the quarantined files. So basically... it just partly uninstalled your game. To fix this you need to re-register those objects which I'm not sure how to do as I've never done a reinstall through reghacking. I always just copied my XI files and reinstalled the game and then pasted my game files back which would "update" them to a fair degree of accuracy.
 Cerberus.Hrasvelg
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Huev
By Cerberus.Hrasvelg 2014-11-17 20:49:19  
Norton users.
>> Tell program that ffxi.dll is not a trojan virus.
>> Run PoL and do a File Check.
-- Start PoL / "Check Files" / Select FINAL FANTASY XI (that drop down menu hides in plain sight)
>> Wait for FFXI to fix itself.
>> Get online.
>> Start raising a chocobo.
 Lakshmi.Raerie
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rae
By Lakshmi.Raerie 2014-11-17 21:18:39  
I had this problem earlier. Remove the file from quarantine and restore it.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-17 21:27:29  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Oh... norton... Okay so this is probably due to anti-virus's over-zealousness in deleting files and registry entries pointing to the quarantined files. So basically... it just partly uninstalled your game. To fix this you need to re-register those objects which I'm not sure how to do as I've never done a reinstall through reghacking. I always just copied my XI files and reinstalled the game and then pasted my game files back which would "update" them to a fair degree of accuracy.

regsvr32 ffxi.dll

(I honestly probably wouldn't go this method, as reinstalling POL takes all of about 5 minutes).

Then again I don't use Norton.