users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » returning to BLU after 3 year break
returning to BLU after 3 year break
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2014-12-23 13:10:31  
the sam vs blu augment is over. how its blu vs thf/dnc.

hmm paged. here have a hamster with a knife

By Nazrious 2014-12-23 13:13:30  
Set
Subduction.
occulation(optional)

as much mab and md+. as your luck allows,
aug hagondes+1
10mab+ Nehushtan(sp?)x2 or Gaborexea(sp?)x2 or combo, can even use bolebunga club.

Now the exact set will vary but the basics stand.

Gathering mobs and landing the first subduction is the most dangerous part.

I like run sub but rdm and sch whm also work. Aquaveil is very important.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-23 13:17:06  
Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
I got STP+4 on both clubs in 14 attempts with +1 stones, and ACC+14 and +12 within 2 stacks of +1 stones, so probably a few hundred thousands but below 1 mil on my server prices :)

Oh? guess I'll get to doing that soon, since my GEO probably doesn't need the pet pdt one anymore. but its going to be rough giving up da+3 for my GEO for Stp stats. I only have 2 clubs. But for the 3-hit, I can pass on it.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-23 13:17:23  
Lordy, lookit all the hate.

My LS takes BLU to lots of things, serious things. Why? Utility, damage, and because good BLU is a hell of a lot better than bad OtherBandwagonDD.

Hell, even I get to go BLU and mine isn't so hot unless you count pure stab-to-the-face.

No, my LS isn't gimp, either, so don't even, Nazrious or I'll CdC /you/. (And you know it.)

With the BLU vs SAM thing, both jobs are fundamentally different. SAM relies on weaponskills. Amnesia a SAM and her DPS gets screwed, because SAM white damage doesn't compare to the constant fudospam that most PUG-type samurai think is best. (Don't get me started on that...)

BLU, on the other hand has utility. Amnesia happens? Sinker to the face, or perhaps any number of other high damage physical spells that can deal as much as a WS. Need magic? You got that covered too, though some elements are lacking decent spells (Ice, I'm looking at you.)Self-cures, self haste 2, status removal...and you'd have most of that set anyway just because of the useful job traits.

SAM can maybe stun with a Blade Bash every minute and a half.

BLU can do it every few seconds, if necessary. (Discounting resists, meh.)

Both jobs require skill to play at their fullest extent.....in different ways. Much like every other job.

SAM's bandwagony right now, though, and BLU requires a hell of a lot more work to make it good. You can buy your gear, but I seriously doubt someone is gonna go farm spells for you even for gil.
By Nazrious 2014-12-23 13:20:41  
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Lordy, lookit all the hate.

My LS takes BLU to lots of things, serious things. Why? Utility, damage, and because good BLU is a hell of a lot better than bad OtherBandwagonDD.

Hell, even I get to go BLU and mine isn't so hot unless you count pure stab-to-the-face.

No, my LS isn't gimp, either, so don't even, Nazrious or I'll CdC /you/. (And you know it.)

With the BLU vs SAM thing, both jobs are fundamentally different. SAM relies on weaponskills. Amnesia a SAM and her DPS gets screwed, because SAM white damage doesn't compare to the constant fudospam that most PUG-type samurai think is best. (Don't get me started on that...)

BLU, on the other hand has utility. Amnesia happens? Sinker to the face, or perhaps any number of other high damage physical spells that can deal as much as a WS. Need magic? You got that covered too, though some elements are lacking decent spells (Ice, I'm looking at you.)Self-cures, self haste 2, status removal...and you'd have most of that set anyway just because of the useful job traits.

SAM can maybe stun with a Blade Bash every minute and a half.

BLU can do it every few seconds, if necessary. (Discounting resists, meh.)

Both jobs require skill to play at their fullest extent.....in different ways. Much like every other job.

SAM's bandwagony right now, though, and BLU requires a hell of a lot more work to make it good. You can buy your gear, but I seriously doubt someone is gonna go farm spells for you even for gil.

Lol I would never Seeks...

;p
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2014-12-23 13:27:20  
Smart man.

Now to go try for the 10000000th time for some damn alluvion clubs.
By Nazrious 2014-12-23 13:53:57  
Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Smart man.

Now to go try for the 10000000th time for some damn alluvion clubs.

If going just for weapons then I find 222 spams to be fastest/best.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-23 14:00:44  
Quote:

Inb4 Square's nerf to SAM: Mobs that have aura-amnesia
[+]
 Ragnarok.Traubiont
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Traubiont
By Ragnarok.Traubiont 2014-12-23 14:51:37  
Thanks maybe I wasn't clear enough I was referring to spell set lists as a posed to gear sets for situational use such as cleaving vs dd vs all around. What sets do you like or find usefull in various situations
By Nazrious 2014-12-23 15:55:38  
Ragnarok.Traubiont said: »
Thanks maybe I wasn't clear enough I was referring to spell set lists as a posed to gear sets for situational use such as cleaving vs dd vs all around. What sets do you like or find usefull in various situations

Subduction can be made extremely potent without setting tons of MAB and since its so cheap to cast don't really have to worry about clearmind either.

Can just take out one or two spells from your reg DD list add in subduction, maybe occulation too, and be set on the solo front of things.