users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Windowerlauncher keeps Crashing
Windowerlauncher keeps Crashing
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2015-01-05 16:27:14  
while im playing XI, i keep getting a pop error message every now and then says Windowerlauncher has stopped responding. the game runs fine still after this happens, but why is it happening mid game?
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zaphor
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-01-05 16:42:09  
I assume all of the following are true:
1. You multibox
2. You use the Update addon on more than one account
3. You have the AutoUpdate option set to true on more than one account

Two ways around that, either disable the AutoUpdate option (set it to false in the settings) and manually update using //update in-game, or disable it for all but one character. To do that, set it to "false" in the <global> section and make a new section for your main character <Main'sName> and set it to true there.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2015-01-05 16:43:09  
My guess is you had an extra instance open? And that didn't close properly?
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2015-01-05 16:55:24  
Leviathan.Arcon said: »
I assume all of the following are true:
1. You multibox <- negative
2. You use the Update addon on more than one account <- only use it on one account.
3. You have the AutoUpdate option set to true on more than one account <- see above.

Two ways around that, either disable the AutoUpdate option (set it to false in the settings) and manually update using //update in-game, or disable it for all but one character. To do that, set it to "false" in the <global> section and make a new section for your main character <Main'sName> and set it to true there.

i just turned off the Update addon, see if that helps.
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2015-01-05 16:56:11  
Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
My guess is you had an extra instance open? And that didn't close properly?

this is after a fresh reboot too, so no. i think i'll just turn it off. its quite annoying the few times its happend.
 Lakshmi.Neboh
user: Neboh
By Lakshmi.Neboh 2015-01-05 17:00:01  
I've seen it too but not in the way you're describing. Usually happens when I logout one of my mules.
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2015-01-05 17:03:27  
Lakshmi.Neboh said: »
I've seen it too but not in the way you're describing. Usually happens when I logout one of my mules.

thats more along the lines of Playonline Crashing, this is just windowerlauncher. and it doesnt crash the game when i close the box.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-01-06 00:37:51  
Yeah, the problem is just the launcher. The way updating works is they launch the Windower Launcher hidden and immediately close it after it checks for new updates (this can actually be done manually by starting the launcher with the --update option). If you have the Update addon set to AutoUpdate on more than one character, they can start two instances of the launcher at the same time and they interfere with each other while trying to update, causing the error. I put some code in to try and prevent multiple same-time updates, but apparently it's not working too well. I've known about this for a while but honestly just couldn't be bothered to fix it. I'll put it on my to-do list with a low priority.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-07 02:07:30  
PLEASE for the love of ***, fix whatever keeps crashing windower every. god. damn. time. I. mule. Logging out in a moghouse crashes the game every *** time, it's infuriating.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-01-07 02:46:53  
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
PLEASE for the love of ***, fix whatever keeps crashing windower every. god. damn. time. I. mule. Logging out in a moghouse crashes the game every *** time, it's infuriating.

I think you need to read this:
https://github.com/Windower/Issues
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2015-01-07 03:34:57  
I've said before I can't for whatever reason get a log to be compiled. The program that pulls the error causes a crash itself.

I know that it's not an issue that just I have, it happens to everyone I talk to. It happens on all 3 computers. Figure it must be a known issue if it's this common.
 Leviathan.Arcon
VIP
By Leviathan.Arcon 2015-01-07 04:28:25  
It's not, I've never had it or heard of it. I did hear of such a crash a long way back (because of the Guildwork plugin), but that crash has been fixed over a year ago. Since then, not a single report of this has come to us, as evidenced by our bug tracker.

Anyway, the program isn't crashing, nor is it able to cause a crash of FFXI, as it's completely unrelated. You can even run it when FFXI is not running, even with FFXI not installed. It does nothing to or for FFXI, it sets some Windows internal registry settings, that's all. Read the instructions on how to create crash dumps again carefully, or alternatively give them to one of the many people you talk to who experience the same issue.