Windower 4 Macro Support Help
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2015-01-07 16:04:09  
Hi guys, me again :p
With windower 4, I have literally started again. This will be painful, as I need to write, literally, hundreds of macros again....

However, questions:
1) Where the hell do i put them now?
2) Is it still:
/console exec "VictorySmite".txt in the FFXI macro bit,
and, for the life of me, I cannot remember the macros needed for each line, the /equip etc etc

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help/point me in the right direction.
 Lakshmi.Splinters
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Splinters
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2015-01-07 16:32:48  
Windower4-Scripts folder.

VictorySmite.txt :

input /equip head "Uk'uxkaj Cap";
input /equip neck "Nefarious Collar";
input /equip ear1 "Steelflash Earring";
input /equip ear2 "Bladeborn Earring";

etc.

Hope this helps, also look at GearSwap Add On, it's awesome. And welcome back.
 Siren.Sieha
サーバ: Siren
user: Sieha1
By Siren.Sieha 2015-01-07 17:06:40  
or switch to gear swap and make one file with all of your gear and the only macro you need is to use the actual ability or spell. could even use it from the menu or using some other tools automatically as needed. windower macro scripts are so 2010.
 Bismarck.Ronalas
サーバ: Bismarck
user: jackx
By Bismarck.Ronalas 2015-01-08 00:38:45  
I recently got a new pc old one broke and went to rewrite my windower macros but seem to have no clue now how to make a txt file in the windower scripts file please assist ?
VIP
By Iryoku 2015-01-08 02:29:09  
By default Windows Vista and newer don't let you create or edit files anywhere inside the Program Files (x86) directory. For this reason we're planning to move the Windower script directory somewhere user accessible in a future version, but in the mean time you have a few options (in no particular order).

• Uninstall Windower, and reinstall it somewhere other than your Program Files directory. (I keep mine in Dropbox)

• Take ownership of the Windower directory so that you can edit the files inside; google should be able to help with this.

• Move or create the files somewhere else for editing, and then move them back into the Windower directory.

• Run your text editor with Administrator privileges.

[+]
 Bismarck.Ronalas
By Bismarck.Ronalas 2015-01-08 02:33:53  
my windows version is 7 home premium.how would i run text editor in admin ? useing windower 4
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2015-01-08 04:24:18  
Thanks for all the replys guys :)
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-08 04:32:33  
Bismarck.Ronalas said: »
my windows version is 7 home premium.how would i run text editor in admin ? useing windower 4
You would either right click and run as administrator every time, or go to your text editor, right click > Properties > Compatibility > tick "Run as Administrator"
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2015-01-08 07:44:40  
Lakshmi.Splinters said: »
Windower4-Scripts folder.

VictorySmite.txt :

input /equip head "Uk'uxkaj Cap";

etc.

Hope this helps, also look at GearSwap Add On, it's awesome. And welcome back.

Are you able to write (a really basic) example?
I made a .txt file called Smite in the scripts folder.

input /equip head "Thaumas Hat";
input /wait 1

input /ws "Victory Smite" <t>;

input /wait 3
input /equip head "Espialcap";

Just a tester.

On my character in game the macro reads:

/console exec "Smite.txt"

But it says the file can not be found, any pointers?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-08 08:04:40  
I don't know if it's necessary but I've always had inside the scripts folder, a folder for each job with windower macros and then the relevant scripts in that folder.

So in your example it would be /console exec "MNK\Smite.txt"
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2015-01-08 08:15:50  
Hmmm, I honestly can't remember doing that, but, it has been over a year lol
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2015-01-08 13:26:50  
Anyone?
 Leviathan.Frotaut
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Frotaut2
By Leviathan.Frotaut 2015-01-08 13:35:10  
I do believe you need sub folders in the scriot folder. ie. mnk fokder insde the script folder inside your mnk folder you would put smite.txt . when calling in game would be console exec mnk/smite.txt or mnk/??? w/e your calling.
 Odin.Stormcroww
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Stormcroww 2015-01-08 13:57:13  
Personally, what I do is make sub folders in my Windower/script folder. MNK, PLD, THF etc... in those I create my scripts.
The macro command will be /console exec MNK/Smite.txt
In your case /console exec Smite.txt. Drop the parentheses.
(I would use sub folders for jobs way cleaner)
The script should look like this. And drop the /wait on the gear change to .5 or even less.
wait .5
wait 3

This gear change script really is only changing your head piece. Unless you have another TP script. In that case you should just put the TP items in after the wait 3. Which in reality you can change that to a wait 1. You just need the gear on when you actually cast the /ws. Not through the whole motion.
Same with magic fast cast pieces. Just need those on when you start the casting.
VIP
By Iryoku 2015-01-08 14:23:10  
Leviathan.Frotaut said: »
I do believe you need sub folders in the scriot folder. ie. mnk fokder insde the script folder inside your mnk folder you would put smite.txt . when calling in game would be console exec mnk/smite.txt or mnk/??? w/e your calling.
You don't need sub folders.

Odin.Stormcroww said: »
Personally, what I do is make sub folders in my Windower/script folder. MNK, PLD, THF etc... in those I create my scripts.
The macro command will be /console exec MNK/Smite.txt
In your case /console exec Smite.txt. Drop the parentheses.
(I would use sub folders for jobs way cleaner)
The script should look like this. And drop the /wait on the gear change to .5 or even less.
input /wait .5
input /wait 3

This gear change script really is only changing your head piece. Unless you have another TP script. In that case you should just put the TP items in after the /wait 3. Which in reality you can change that to a /wait 1. You just need the gear on when you actually cast the /ws. Not through the whole motion.
Same with magic fast cast pieces. Just need those on when you start the casting.
Two problems. First, /wait only supports integer values, so /wait .5 is meaningless. Second, Windower doesn't know what to do with the /wait command so "input /wait #" doesn't do anything, the next line will execute immediately; use "wait #" instead. Windower's wait does support non-integer values, so "wait .5" is fine.
 Odin.Stormcroww
By Odin.Stormcroww 2015-01-08 15:15:56  
Iryoku, good catch. Just spaced on that part. Corrected in post.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2015-01-09 00:57:59  
So the formula I'm using is essentially correct, why is it saying file cannot be found?
 Bismarck.Ronalas
By Bismarck.Ronalas 2015-01-09 01:41:53  
I open file location scripts in that it has autoload and init.txt i make a new file and name it the job i open that now i need a txt. file but i cant figure out on this computer how to make the txt. file it just makes another folder inside the job folder and it keeps going. I cant find the text editor
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-09 03:34:47  
I open file location scripts in that it has autoload and init.txt i make a new file and name it the job i open that now i need a txt. file but i cant figure out on this computer how to make the txt. file it just makes another folder inside the job folder and it keeps going. I cant find the text editor
Sorry the wording of your question is confusing me but are you asking how to make a txt file to use for your macro scripts? Once you're inside the folder where you want to keep your scripts, you should be able to right click > New > Text Document, then name it whatever and that's your txt file.

As for the text editor, if you haven't downloaded any, the default in Windows will be Notepad.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-09 03:37:10  
Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »
So the formula I'm using is essentially correct, why is it saying file cannot be found?
Could you post a screenshot of the location of your scripts? Just curious if there's any slight mistakes and I'm more useful when I can see something anyway!
 Bismarck.Ronalas
By Bismarck.Ronalas 2015-01-09 04:29:33  
yea i get into scripts easy i make the new file and name it mnk then i open that but when i right click and go to new it doesnt give the option to make a text file it just makes another folder.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-01-09 05:10:11  
yea i get into scripts easy i make the new file and name it mnk then i open that but when i right click and go to new it doesnt give the option to make a text file it just makes another folder.
It sounds like you don't have write permissions in Program Files, I'll quote Iryoku from slightly further up the page because he already explained it.
Iryoku said: »
By default Windows Vista and newer don't let you create or edit files anywhere inside the Program Files (x86) directory. For this reason we're planning to move the Windower script directory somewhere user accessible in a future version, but in the mean time you have a few options (in no particular order).

• Uninstall Windower, and reinstall it somewhere other than your Program Files directory. (I keep mine in Dropbox)

• Take ownership of the Windower directory so that you can edit the files inside; google should be able to help with this.

• Move or create the files somewhere else for editing, and then move them back into the Windower directory.

• Run your text editor with Administrator privileges.

Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2015-01-10 14:07:50  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »
Could you post a screenshot of the location of your scripts? Just curious if there's any slight mistakes and I'm more useful when I can see something anyway!

Ok fella, here are some screenies of what I have.

VIP
By Iryoku 2015-01-10 17:34:33  
You have Windows set to hide file extensions for known file types. This is the default, but it's an insanely stupid one, that I wish Microsoft would change. Your file is actually named Smite.txt.txt, the last .txt is hidden by Windows.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2015-01-11 02:05:21  
Iryoku said: »
You have Windows set to hide file extensions for known file types. This is the default, but it's an insanely stupid one, that I wish Microsoft would change. Your file is actually named Smite.txt.txt, the last .txt is hidden by Windows.

lol ridiculous, that worked man!! Thanks alot :D Now, just a lot of things to write D: lol
 Bismarck.Ronalas
By Bismarck.Ronalas 2015-01-12 13:28:35  
not having any success trying any of those 3 suggestions. not sure what i am or not doing correctly.
 Odin.Korebin
user: Korebin
By Odin.Korebin 2015-01-21 18:03:20  
Is there a way to cancel a script once its is started? I made a skill up script and one of the spells was misspelled. I guess I could wait until the script ended, but was just wondering if there is a command to end it?
By Pantafernando 2015-01-21 18:11:46  
Odin.Korebin said: »
Is there a way to cancel a script once its is started? I made a skill up script and one of the spells was misspelled. I guess I could wait until the script ended, but was just wondering if there is a command to end it?

Close ffxi.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-01-21 18:12:07  
Odin.Korebin said: »

Nope. If you made a script that cycles, then you could change it and then when it recalled that script again it would do it right but if it's just a txt with a huge number of casts and pauses, you're probably going to have to log off and back on to stop it. I'd recommend using a gs lua instead of a txt script.
[+]
First Page 2