Full Potato Thread!!!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Full Potato Thread!!!
Full Potato Thread!!!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Bloodrose 2015-01-15 15:19:42  
Are you kidding? The POTATO was the only reason it rose to glory in the first place!

They wanted to use a BANANA chip as the next power source, and it failed miserably.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-15 17:01:22  
A long time ago, in a potato far, far away....

It is a period of civil war against the Austrian Habsburg Monarchy to prevent the Habsburgs from acquiring the Electorate of Bavaria. Rebel potatoships, striking from a hidden potato, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

During the War of the Bavarian Succession, potato spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's ultimate weapon, the DEATH POTATO, an armored space potato with enough power to destroy an entire planet.

Pursued by the Austrian Habsburg Monarchy sinister agents, Princess Leia races home aboard her potato, custodian of the stolen plans that can end the Kartoffelkrieg (Potato War) saving her people, restoring freedom to the galaxy....

source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Bavarian_Succession
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-01-15 17:03:06  

Best. Pic. Ever!
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-01-15 23:18:59  
Asura.Ackeronll said: »

I can't remember the last time I had a baked potato ....

The movie "Soul Plane" has forever ruined this for me. I sadly cannot look at this without remembering that movie...

/scarred for life ;_;

*potato bump*
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-16 01:27:28  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bloodrose said: »
I should also mention that the regally royal potato is also known affectionately as "Pomme de terre" in French, and that "French fries" are called "Pomme Frites"

(Giving some love to France in their time of grievance)
that's like saying "the thing you write with on paper? it's affectionately known as a "pen."

I have no clue how affection came into your post; pomme de terre just literally means "apple of the earth" since they were discovered after apples lol
Potato, this potato may answer your question.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-16 05:44:37  
3:40am get a call from my boss asking what "full potato" means because I used the term in an incident report lol the potatoes are affecting my life
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-16 12:12:21  
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »

Careful lets not give gun activists new Pototoes to protect from guns.
[+]
サーバ: Odin
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-16 13:05:03  
Is potato isolated to these forums or is this becoming a universal term? lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-01-16 13:47:31  
juicy j and diglett look like potato

[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-01-16 14:32:55  
Potato
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-16 16:25:04  
Odin.Blazeoffury said: »
One does not simply backtrace the root of potato.
Potato roots run deep.
Potato.
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-16 17:50:26  
user: Angeljcar
By Odin.Blazeoffury 2015-01-16 17:59:01  
Verda said: »
Potato is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. It is omnipotent and omniscient. You do not question the realm of potato, for potato is everywhere.
Is this merely written by man? What scientific proof do you wield? Pics or didn't happen. I believe in Bananas.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-01-16 21:05:22  
Purple potatoes!

Quote:
It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple potato eater
(One-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple potato eater)
A one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple potato eater
Sure looks strange to me (One eye?)
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-01-18 17:59:33  
Potato shall inherit the Earth.

By Potato, thy will be done.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-18 20:16:14  
Verda said: »
Potato is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. It is omnipotent and omniscient. You do not question the realm of potato, for potato is everywhere.
Is this merely written by man? What scientific proof do you wield? Pics or didn't happen. I believe in Bananas.

Potatoes grow from the ground, the ground makes up everything in the world, the world is part of the universe, and the universe is part of everything!

Therefore, the Potatoes is part of everything ergo, is everything.

Not enough Potato Blaze
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-19 16:16:57  
This the am is accept my potato and embrace it is not bad thank you.
 Asura.Jezzus
サーバ: Asura
user: L30x
By Asura.Jezzus 2015-01-20 16:45:22  
This thread is totting spuds!

Go to 1:00 into the song.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-22 21:36:13  
Happy National Potato Day! Fun Facts And Trivia About Potatoes.

Happy National Potato Day! Monday, Aug. 19, 2013, is a day to celebrate one of America’s favorite foods, according to ABC News, and we've compiled some facts and trivia about potatoes. Whether they are mashed, baked, boiled, whipped, fried or scalloped, most everyone enjoys potatoes. Not only are there seemingly endless ways to make them, they can also be eaten for any meal: breakfast, lunch, dinner or even dessert!

Check out a list of fun facts and trivia about potatoes, courtesy of Science Kidz, Farm Flavor and Potato.ie below:

--Potato actually comes from the Spanish world patata.

--Potatoes contain different vitamins and minerals.

--Aside from dairy products, potatoes are the most consumed produce in the U.S.

--The Incas used potatoes to treat injuries and they thought spuds made childbirth easier.

--Potato plants are usually pollinated by insects like bumblebees.

--Potatoes have more potassium than bananas

--French fries were first served in America in 1801

--The Great Famine in Ireland in the 1850s was because of a potato disease called potato blight. Nearly 1 million people who depended on the food source died.

--The U.N. International Year of the Potato was 2008.

--Potatoes are vegetables, but they contain a large amount of starch, which makes them more like pasta, rice, and bread as far as nutrition is concerned.

--Another name for potato is spud, though it is not as common.

--China produces the most potatoes, according to a 2010 statistic.

--Potato chips are one of the most common snacks, despite being generally unhealthy.

--Potatoes became the first food to grow in space when potato plants were taken aboard the space shuttle Columbia in 1995.

--The sweet potato is only roughly related to the potato, despite their common name.

--The world’s biggest potato weighed 18 pounds, 4 ounces, according to Guinness Book of World. Seventy-three medium fries at McDonald’s could be sold with that big of a spud!

--Scots refused to eat potatoes for a time because they were not mentioned in the Bible.

source: http://m.ibtimes.com/happy-national-potato-day-fun-facts-trivia-about-potatoes-1391267
 Odin.Korebin
user: Korebin
By Odin.Korebin 2015-01-23 14:48:35  
Read this earlier today, first thread that popped in my head.
Potato
enjoy!
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-01-28 03:32:35  
Odin.Korebin said: »
Read this earlier today, first thread that popped in my head.
Potato
enjoy!

"Let me tell you that I have made a bad mistake this evening.
My girlfriend (who let me tell you is only my 2nd girlfriend of all time) said I am "invited to dinner" with her and her parents. I was very aghast, nervous, and bashful to be invited to such a situation. But I knew it must be done.
I met them nicely, I should tell you, and it started off in a good way. The idea slapped my mind that I should do a comic bit, to make a good impression and become known to them as a person who is amusing.
When I saw that baked potatoes were served I got the idea that it would be very good if I pretended I did not know what potatoes was. That would be funny.
Well let me tell you: backfired on my face. I'll tell you how.
So first when the potato became on my plate, I acted very interesting. I showed an expression on my face so as to seem that I was confused, astounded but in a restrained way, curious, and interested. They did notice, and seemed confused, but did not remark. So I asked "This looks very interesting. What is this?"
They stared at me and the mother said "It's a baked potato." And I was saying "Oh, interesting, a baked....what is it again?"
And she was like "A potato."
And I was like "A 'potato', oh interesting. Never heard of a potato, looks pretty good."
And then they didn't see I was clowning, but thought I really did not know what is a potato. So I knew I would be very shamed, humiliated, depressed, and disgusted if I admitted to making a bad joke, so what I did was to act as if it was not a joke but I committed to the act of pretending I didn't know what a potato is.
They asked me, VERY incredulous, did I really not know what a potato is? That I never heard of a potato. I went with it and told them, yes, I did not ever even hear of a potato. Not only had I never eaten a potato I had never heard the word potato.
This went on for a bit and my girlfriend was acting very confused and embarrassed by my "*** up antics", and then the more insistent I was about not knowing what a potato is was when them parents starting thinking I DID know what a potato was.
Well let me tell you I had to commit 100% at this point. When I would not admit to knowing what a potato was, the father especially began to get annoyed. At one point he said something like "Enough is enough. You're *** with us. Admit it." And I said "Sir, before today I never heard of a potato. I still don't know what a potato is, other than some kind of food. I don't know what to tell you."
Well let me tell you he got very annoyed. I decided to take a bite of the potato, and when I did I made a high pitched noise and said "Taste's very strange!"
That is when the father started yelling at me, and the mother kept saying "What are you doing?" and my girlfriend went to some other room.
Finally the father said I should "Get the *** out of his house" and I said it was irrational to treat me like this just because I never heard of a potato before. Well let me tell you he didn't take that kindly.
Now in text messages I have been telling my girlfriend I really don't know what a potato is. The only way I can ever get out of this is for them to buy that I don't know what a potato is.
I wish I never started it but I can't go back. I think she will break up with me anyway."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/14q1lq/collection_of_my_favorite_latvian_jokes/
^This was a funny link shared on that pages comments.

Also potato.
[+]
 Odin.Korebin
user: Korebin
By Odin.Korebin 2015-01-28 11:15:04  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
I would wear this on one of those Che shirts! Such intensity in those eyes!
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-02-19 09:04:23  
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-02-28 03:34:34  
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-04-22 00:00:33  
giant potato or an unhatched pod-person?

Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-05-03 12:50:38  
Today is National Tater Day!
http://nationaldaycalendar.com/2015/03/30/march-31-2015-national-tater-day-national-education-and-sharing-day-national-clams-on-the-half-shell-day-national-bunsen-burner-day-world-backup-day/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [109 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-08-20 16:00:04  
Why does this thread get demained and other fun threads like "pics that make you lol" and "random thoughts" and various thread games stay mained?
This thread was full of good natured fun just like those other threads. Being able to laugh off stress in nonserious threads like these is good for the mental/emotional health of the sites users. Especially after spending time in some of the more serious threads where feels get hurt and tempers can really become elevated.
So don't be so quick to squash the potato thread!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7