Question With Supersampling

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Question with Supersampling
Question with Supersampling
By Teapo 2015-02-04 15:50:41  
I am currently running a titan and when i run windower at 1920x1080 and have super sampling on my fps lags for some reason. Are there settings i should have to optimize the super sampling? Like bumpmapping off or something? Im new to the supersampling and would like to make it run well lol.
 Asura.Ensane
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nsane
By Asura.Ensane 2015-02-04 16:24:03  
I had a issue like this and found that my card was under clocking its self like there was no game running like as I was still just using my desktop nothing else. To fix it I had to go into nVidia control panel and manually set the clock to their respected values.

If your asking is there anything you have to adjust through the nVidia control panel for super sampling, the answer should be no. By default it uses application preference to turn it on or off for each game you play. If your turn on super sampling in Windower settings it should be turn on when playing. If you think its not turned on try both settings on and off, should see a drastic difference in the two.
By Teapo 2015-02-04 16:29:46  
if my knowledge about video cards wasn't potato this would be easier.
By Teapo 2015-02-04 16:34:40  
Do u think forcing the card to always run max quality on everything (3d Settings) will hurt the card overall?
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-02-04 16:41:19  
You are getting framerate lag because its having to draw 4 times as many pixels 3840x2160 then having to shrink it down (supersample) it to 1920x1080.

Depending on graphics drivers and the implementation of the game engine code, internal rendering buffers may be allocated at the next largest power of 2 size (1920x1080 becomes 2048x1024 internally before it doubles each dimension) increasing GPU memory bandwith requirements (slowing things down further).

If you are running high detail shadows, weather effects and have weaponskill/magic effects not turned off, these will also severely slow the game down at higher resolutions especially with super sampling on since they are alpha blended (semi transparent) effects which are more-expensive per pixel.

tldr simpler explanation; supersampling is a very simple way to antialias games, but its a huge GPU performance pig because its just rendering the game behind the scenes at a really huge resolution and then shrinking it down the smooth all the jaggies out for you.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2015-02-04 17:50:23  
And this game is optimized like a potato so it most likely can't even use most of your rig's power.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-02-05 02:44:38  
I suggest you disable Shadows or put them in the middle setting (simplified ones).
It does wonders for the fps loss when you're supersampling.