Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 175 176 177
By Vankathka 2020-08-06 13:02:11  
Yeah we already did the 99k Fantod backheels years ago its not new, it is extremely slow to do and Ramuh has already done 15 voltstrikes before you've gotten off 5 backheels, or in this case hoof volley but 70-99k was already possible on Falcorr on most Reisenjima NMs with a GEO.

Charged Whisker is barely stronger then Bloodclaws
But with Frenzied Rage a new option at least for Bursting/Buffing.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-06 13:07:52  
you don't need to use unleash to pair fantod w/ hoof volley

fantod > Heel > wait 10s > fight > hoof volley

the following macro works for backheel:

/bstpet 4 <wait2>
/pet "Fight" <t> <wait2>
/bstpet 1

backheel pops up to 50k, hoof volley 80k+ if you have attack capped.

Hippogryph familiar has attack bonus +20%
Patrice has attack bonus +30%
[+]
 Asura.Epigram
サーバ: Asura
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-08-06 13:08:21  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Epigram said: »
50 acc is not enough to be game breaking for KC I think, unless for lower lvl stuff.

I agree, it seems to be a bit of a tie now between RNG and BST with k-club.

Below are the major differences between the jobs and club (assuming similar gear (malignance) and assuming /dnc stacks.
Code
       Ranger   Beastmaster
Trait   73       50 (+10 for /dnc)
Club   300      334
JP      55       36
==============================
Total  428      420 (+430 /dnc)

Ranger gets +70 in JP 10/15/20/25

That being said I guess its workable.
BST set would look something like that:

ItemSet 374805

That's exactly the same accuracy as in this RNG set

ItemSet 370563

So still like 23 accuracy behind. That being said you can do similar thing like RNG (who has no access to Reiki) and just wear 10%DW cape and be 1%DW below ideal 36%. That will let you use 10acc earring (handler's R15 for example or Telos, tho I dont like that 1%DA :P) and Olseni belt. That puts you at almost the same accuracy lvl as RNG, so not bad.

Ah, I probably missed one acc bonus when gong through the job point list.

I think Emicho gauntlets +1 (path D) would be a reasonable swap for hands for ACC on the beast side. It gives you +12 acc over malignance for a reduction of -5 STP, (ignoring eva/meva/dt). This allows you to swap in another earring such as Telos for another +22 acc. You can also swap out the Unity O-hat for another +20 acc if you need it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-06 13:12:53  
I think Emicho gauntlets +1 (path D) would be a reasonable swap for hands for ACC on the beast side. It gives you +12 acc over malignance for a reduction of -5 STP

It's not really 12 acc over Malignance. Emicho +1 Path D provides no DEX, so its dex34 acc52 vs dex56 acc50
By Ermah 2020-08-06 13:19:25  
The HQ Lynx I was able to hit about 40k Magic Burst from a light skillchain on a Tier 1 in Zi Tah. That's without buffs. I think with a Geo and/or Cor you should be able to hit the damage cap. My gear is rather exceptional, I am only missing the Udug Jacket.
 Asura.Epigram
By Asura.Epigram 2020-08-06 13:26:07  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I think Emicho gauntlets +1 (path D) would be a reasonable swap for hands for ACC on the beast side. It gives you +12 acc over malignance for a reduction of -5 STP

It's not really 12 acc over Malignance. Emicho +1 Path D provides no DEX, so its dex34 acc52 vs dex56 acc50

Good point, is it still 1 dex = .75? That's what is on bg, but I recall hearing that there have been some changes that were never updated.

Either way if it is .75 then 56*.75 + 50 = 42 + 50 = 92 (malignance) and floor(34 * .75) + 62 = 87 (E. hands+1 (d)). So you can still get some acc benefit by using the DW from the hands to swap for a telos or handlers.
By Ermah 2020-08-06 13:27:08  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
you don't need to use unleash to pair fantod w/ hoof volley

fantod > Heel > wait 10s > fight > hoof volley

the following macro works for backheel:

/bstpet 4 <wait2>
/pet "Fight" <t> <wait2>
/bstpet 1

backheel pops up to 50k, hoof volley 80k+ if you have attack capped.

Hippogryph familiar has attack bonus +20%
Patrice has attack bonus +30%

Fantod is 2 charges, so you would need to wait 20 seconds, then another 50 seconds inbetween them. That's not really useable.
By SimonSes 2020-08-06 13:35:43  

Good point, is it still 1 dex = .75? That's what is on bg, but I recall hearing that there have been some changes that were never updated.

Either way if it is .75 then 56*.75 + 50 = 42 + 50 = 92 (malignance) and floor(34 * .75) + 62 = 87 (E. hands+1 (d)). So you can still get some acc benefit by using the DW from the hands to swap for a telos or handlers.

You dont read answers :) you suggested same exact thing in other thread (august bst update or something) and I already wrote you back there the same thing as Buuki here with reference to earring too :)
By SimonSes 2020-08-06 13:49:47  
Have you tried rhinowrecker with unleash and buffs?
 Asura.Epigram
By Asura.Epigram 2020-08-06 14:42:30  

You dont read answers :) you suggested same exact thing in other thread (august bst update or something) and I already wrote you back there the same thing as Buuki here with reference to earring too :)

Lol, looks like I missed it or forgot about it. I just double checked and I take your point about the trade-off and shut-up about it L(
By shamgi 2020-08-06 15:38:50  
Took the slime pet out to do Angrboda just for the hell of it, since it was the hardest hitting lower level NM I could think of.

Wasn't doing ***to the NQ slime physically, 60 a hit with no real DT gear on. Fire VI was hitting for around 1500, but then digest would follow up for 2400 and just top him back off.

Cleaving with fluid spread only did around 7000, so it's not a super hard hitting TP move, but Toss was around the same.

Slime feels really interesting for tanking and holding high physical hit mobs, especially if you can just fluid spread them and drag them off to the corner.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-06 15:58:21  
shamgi said: »
Slime feels really interesting for tanking and holding high physical hit mobs, especially if you can just fluid spread them and drag them off to the corner.

This is what I was thinking as far as uses. A lot of BSTs have been talking about tanking lately as master, but this pet is really good for physical damage mitigation. Im thinking of a setup in theory where master does all the damage/hate generation, then dumps it back onto the slime. It also looks like a really unique pet for holding nostos and Agon Beastmen in Odyssey, while the master runs around and kills the halo + monsters 1 by one.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-06 16:02:35  
I am actually surprised crab actually got mega scissors. Just want to acknowledge that.

Though still right about the damage, MS is merely MS in name not ability. No ones tried to hit an apex with it yet? Or otherwise "shitload of hp" mob etc. That wouldve been the first thing I did.
[+]
By shamgi 2020-08-06 16:07:47  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I am actually surprised crab actually got mega scissors. Just want to acknowledge that.

Though still right about the damage, MS is merely MS in name not ability. No ones tried to hit an apex with it yet? Or otherwise "shitload of hp" mob etc

I tried it out on some Bubu mobs testing my updated lua and it hit around 12k, so I doubt it scales with mob HP.

Still, 12k from a crab pet is a much, much bigger number than the old crab could put up.

A big question for Rhinowrecker and Venom Shower is also how much the DEF down is. If either one of them got a 33%, especially if the crab did, then you get all the benefits of Arthur while also having a harder hitting pet and some defensive buffs.

Hell, having the crab for Wave3 would mean a pretty constant source of stoneskin and DEF in addition to it's effects.

Venom Shower also has a poison effect, and I'm very curious if it's a nothing number or if they made it fairly high.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-06 16:43:05  
Code
nihility song 		20' Aoe				
frenzied rage		20% attack buff		90s @ 3ktp		
rhinowrecker		piercing	fusion		transfixion
hoof volley		blunt		Fragmentation		
fluid toss		blunt		Reverberation
fluid spread		blunt		Fragmentation		transfixion
Mega Scissors		slashing	Gravitation		Scission
venom font?		water		Will burst but weak; dunno poison potency yet		
Crossthrash		Slashing	Distortion		Detonation

All the melee hits on the new pets are slashing.

We get some nice skillchain properties here :D. 2x have good fragmentation properties. that nicely fills in a gap.. Distortion and stun from tiger is also very nice. Transfixion is secondary on a few of these also, which is another gap bst has. last one being compression.

I don't know the upper limits of digest, but I haven't seen it fail to fully cure yet.. then again, I need to find something to hurt the slime... Digest does NOT burst btw... but hey, only 1 charge also

The range on Nihility song is... frankly a bit scary. I measured this very carefully.. you have a 20' radius at 3k tp. Thats in ALL directions.
Its easy to pull extra aggro when.. you might NOT have wanted to. can you imagine 'accidentally' tapping that in odyssey? well its an excellent AoE pull if you need one.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think tandem blow or tandem strike boost the pet. I was doing some acc testing also and I didn't see movement. I might not have been facing the best target to test, so I want to test it more also.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-08-06 16:56:40  
At least for Tandem Strike the patch notes explicitly say it will improve the pet's accuracy. If it's not currently working that should merely be a bug, not intentional.

Tandem Blow is worded a bit more ambiguously, but it should also affect the pet going by the FFXI Digest.
[+]
By Vankathka 2020-08-06 16:59:53  
Abit of quick messing around with Sefina(Beetle) On Apex on Dho Gates, Rhinowrecker with +7 Frailty does around 30-35k per use, using it to close off Cloudsplitter for Light is actually quite nice, or you can do RW > Primal > Cloud > Mistral.

+7 Malaise 61k Charged Whisker, Bolstered 90k bursts, just doing a 2 step Skillchain.

Edit: Not gonna lie I was pretty bitter of the damage output on first testing these pets but, Crossthrash > Primal Rend for 70k Darkness is pretty amazing the new SC options are quite nice you don't feel super locked into Vickie anymore.

Also I'm pretty sure Nihility Song is zone wide, what the hell.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-06 17:19:43  
Aerix said: »
At least for Tandem Strike the patch notes explicitly say it will improve the pet's accuracy. If it's not currently working that should merely be a bug, not intentional.

Tandem Blow is worded a bit more ambiguously, but it should also affect the pet going by the FFXI Digest.

thank you for the reminder.
I'll find a better target to test on a bit later.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-08-06 17:41:19  
I’ll test the potency of Venom Shower and Rhinowrecker in PVP later.
[+]
By shamgi 2020-08-06 19:29:53  
Ruaumoko said: »
I’ll test the potency of Venom Shower and Rhinowrecker in PVP later.

Make sure to check the beetles debuffs as well. I doubt they got buffed, but worth checking.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-08-06 22:59:17  
Venom Shower is -25% DEF, the duration is just over a minute.
Rhinowrecker also -25% and duration the same. Hi-Freq Field is -40 Evasion. Spoil is -10 STR.

Something I did notice that I thought was interesting is that the Evasion Bonus from Rhino Guard is actually very strong, it gives a whopping +193 Evasion to the Beetle.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-06 23:42:49  
Something I did notice that I thought was interesting is that the Evasion Bonus from Rhino Guard is actually very strong, it gives a whopping +193 Evasion to the Beetle.

This is great to me, mainly because it has been one of my pet peeves/secret loves of FFXI for years that Rhino Guard makes beetles evasive. Because when I think of an agile and evasive creature, I totally think RHINOS.

(and yeah I know that being obsessed with beetles is a thing in Japan, and that they're surely talking about a rhinoceros beetle. But still...)
By shamgi 2020-08-07 01:32:29  
Rhinowrecker also -25% and duration the same. Hi-Freq Field is -40 Evasion. Spoil is -10 STR.

Did you get any info on the Poison tic?

And it's a bit sad that neither are 33%, though I guess entirely invalidating Arthur would have been too far.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-08-07 02:17:34  

And it's a bit sad that neither are 33%, though I guess entirely invalidating Arthur would have been too far.

It still would have been nice not to be handcuffed to Arthur for party play, right?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-07 02:22:19  
Honestly you aren't. It's 8%

Not even noticeable in reality. Specifically for dienamis, maybe, but you're really trying to hard, it's not a deal breaker. You can swap pets. You don't need def down from the start to the 2nd wave boss. So you swap and swap back. You've got enough cool down from boss to boss and you make millions per run, pets are cheap.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-08-07 02:52:37  
Asura.Sirris said: »

It still would have been nice not to be handcuffed to Arthur for party play, right?
While weaker, it's a better alternative to having to maintain Armor Break/Ageha/Shell Crusher. And Hi-Freq Field on top of it.
By Vankathka 2020-08-07 02:54:59  
Well keep in mind you're not just trading 8% defence down, you're
also trading 33% attack down which is not insignificant, still more options.

Also need to know its land rate as well, Ooze simply lands, can't say for sure Venom Shower will always apply its additional effect.
By SimonSes 2020-08-07 03:08:41  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Honestly you aren't. It's 8%

Not even noticeable in reality. Specifically for dienamis, maybe, but you're really trying to hard, it's not a deal breaker. You can swap pets. You don't need def down from the start to the 2nd wave boss. So you swap and swap back. You've got enough cool down from boss to boss and you make millions per run, pets are cheap.

Def down is like haste, the more you have the better next each % gets.

If you take 8% from 2000 def mob and you have 2000 attack, you will rise your cratio from 1 to ~1.087 so 8.7% increase.
If you take same mob but it already has 50% def down applied and you add 8% more you will rise your cratio from 2.0 to 2.38 so 19% increase.
From 65% def down to 73% it will be 29% increase etc.

So depends on how much you already have, 8% def down can be a really noticable difference.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-07 03:51:10  
Box is 21? Dia IV is 23? bolster frail is... 54/4 13ish? +25 from bst gets you there well over cap regardless of the 8% missing (right?)

(even if its not, you swap pets and drop 33 on the boss, so it's a moot point)

You don't need 33 for every mob, so you aren't "locked into" slug
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-08-07 04:44:33  
It's not always a big deal, but the slug doesn't apply a dot so you can still sleep things.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 175 176 177