Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 163 164 165 ... 176 177 178
By Felgarr 2023-04-01 17:19:52  
Vaerix said: »
Vankathka said: »
I personally use increased pet level items for magic accuracy, but I imagine they're very close in stats. I would also switch Pangu to Agwu's same accuracy but an additional 20 stats.

Good catch! Gonna make that adjustment!

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Hey BST Bros

Hey BST bro. :)

This is an interesting question - I bet the sets are very close!

The Pet:INT & Pet:MAcc gains from iLvl should make it a wash with the alternative pieces. Maybe we can brainstorm a reasonable test to see if they're in the same ballpark?

The Beetle pet Ready move Spoil is 1 charge (and the effect overwrites itself) so it might be a good candidate for testing.

I have such trouble with the effect testing because you never see a wear duration to reference macc level to resisted duration.

I was thinking maybe an aoe pull with a 0 mab Cursed Sphere(1 charge also) set with headbreaker Ken and watch for damage resists? Would be interesting to see, damage should be higher with lvl+1 items but it would mostly be about watching for number of resists vs standard damage hits/sphere.

kuroki said: »
gonna need unda rayke on mboze to be consistent imo, so that does most of the heavy lifting for you

I agree but any amount of lifting after that is solely on the bst, I wanna eliminate as many sources of error as possibly to get a succinct start to the fight without unleash. (KI > Swap Slug > Purulent > swap leech > drainkiss) a resist basically makes the plan null.

IIRC, you should be able to see "effect wears off" messages on pets. Are you saying you won't see it with an idle pet?
By Vaerix 2023-04-01 18:00:13  
Felgarr said: »
Vankathka said: »
I personally use increased pet level items for magic accuracy, but I imagine they're very close in stats. I would also switch Pangu to Agwu's same accuracy but an additional 20 stats.

Good catch! Gonna make that adjustment!

Hey BST Bros

Hey BST bro. :)

This is an interesting question - I bet the sets are very close!

The Pet:INT & Pet:MAcc gains from iLvl should make it a wash with the alternative pieces. Maybe we can brainstorm a reasonable test to see if they're in the same ballpark?

The Beetle pet Ready move Spoil is 1 charge (and the effect overwrites itself) so it might be a good candidate for testing.

I have such trouble with the effect testing because you never see a wear duration to reference macc level to resisted duration.

I was thinking maybe an aoe pull with a 0 mab Cursed Sphere(1 charge also) set with headbreaker Ken and watch for damage resists? Would be interesting to see, damage should be higher with lvl+1 items but it would mostly be about watching for number of resists vs standard damage hits/sphere.

gonna need unda rayke on mboze to be consistent imo, so that does most of the heavy lifting for you

I agree but any amount of lifting after that is solely on the bst, I wanna eliminate as many sources of error as possibly to get a succinct start to the fight without unleash. (KI > Swap Slug > Purulent > swap leech > drainkiss) a resist basically makes the plan null.

IIRC, you should be able to see "effect wears off" messages on pets. Are you saying you won't see it with an idle pet?

So my history with bst I've never seen a message for either of corrosive effects wearing nor purulent, ever in my history on bst which is why I said the bolded statement above, if it is something special in regards to Arthur then that's my bad, most of the other pets I use for damage don't have additional effects too often.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-04-01 19:46:11  
If you inflict a status on your pet (i.e Reward's additional Regen Effect), you'll see the "effect wears off" in the chatlog.

If an enemy monster inflicts a status on your pet (Sleep/Stun/Amnesia and countless other enfeebles) then you're unable to tell exactly when the effect wears off based on chatlog alone.

If your pet inflicts a status on an enemy monster (Defense Down/Silence/Stun, etc) then you're unable to tell exactly when the effect wears off based purely on the chatlog.

That should be sufficient, and AoEing multiple enemies will make the sample collecting faster.
By Vaerix 2023-04-01 20:35:37  
If you inflict a status on your pet (i.e Reward's additional Regen Effect), you'll see the "effect wears off" in the chatlog.

If an enemy monster inflicts a status on your pet (Sleep/Stun/Amnesia and countless other enfeebles) then you're unable to tell exactly when the effect wears off based on chatlog alone.

If your pet inflicts a status on an enemy monster (Defense Down/Silence/Stun, etc) then you're unable to tell exactly when the effect wears off based purely on the chatlog.

That should be sufficient, and AoEing multiple enemies will make the sample collecting faster.

I should have some time tomorrow and can test earrings, I don't have the +3 boots yet to give a comparison between gleti tho.
[+]
By Minaras84 2023-04-05 18:18:22  
Re Onslaught again ( sorry, i just love this ws and the axe haha), why is Thrud Earring preferred over Lugra +1?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-04-06 15:04:28  
Minaras84 said: »
Re Onslaught again ( sorry, i just love this ws and the axe haha), why is Thrud Earring preferred over Lugra +1?

Lugra +1 is likely superior - thanks for pointing that out.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-04-07 15:10:29  
I'm really hoping the upgraded Prime axe has Light/Fragmentation properties on a physical ws.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-04-16 07:07:58  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I'm really hoping the upgraded Prime axe has Light/Fragmentation properties on a physical ws.

It might!

And possess an Aftermath effect that unlocks the true potential of BraveHeroGlenn.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-04-16 07:48:14  
Betting it's light/fusion but there's a chance
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-04-16 11:05:05  
We have 2 good magical ws's..
we have 3 with level 3 darkness properties
We have 2 good physical ws's with fusion property

one of the reasons Tri-edge is lackluster is because we don't have a light weaponskill. and Mistral axe is the best WS that benefists from tp bonus and has good skillchain properties... then again skillchain tier doesn't matter as much when you can cap out skillchain damage with the BiS ws set (nyame).

It would be hilarious and fun if BraveHeroGlenn gained something special.. but I have little hope for it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Minaras84 2023-04-27 19:20:52  
Cloudsplitter and Primal Rend
Oshasha's Treatise or Pemphredo Tathlum?
 Odin.Demhar
サーバ: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-04-28 12:17:27  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

It might!

And possess an Aftermath effect that unlocks the true potential of BraveHeroGlenn.

Obviously Glenn gets access to Toad Song & turns mobs into mini frogs <3
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-04-29 06:03:58  
Minaras84 said: »
Cloudsplitter and Primal Rend
Oshasha's Treatise or Pemphredo Tathlum?

Oshasha
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-10 01:31:11  
Prime Onslaught is "Blitz"
Delivers a fivefold attack. Damage varies with TP. Skillchain attributes: Detonation, Compression, Distortion

Didn't go the easy route and just make them opposite 3's

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-05-10 05:52:09  
Quote:
DMG:218 Delay:280 STR+35 DEX+35 CHR+35 Accuracy+35 Magic Accuracy+35 Axe skill +277 Parrying skill +277 Magic Accuracy skill +277 Critical hit rate +15% Pet: Accuracy+35 Ranged Accuracy+35 Magic Accuracy+30 Lv. +3 Blitz Aftermath (Incl. Pets): Physical damage limit+

probably make this first, pet level +3 is pretty nuts. crit rate is odd, but whatever.

Assuming the pet level lasts after removing the weapon, this is now a Call Beast axe. I don’t see an applicable use for the Crit on Bst outside of Off-hand for empy maybe. Even then, it gives less M.acc and acc to Agwu's axe.

Maybe the STR and DEX will be useful to help the WS (and other WS).
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-10 05:58:57  
Odin.Senaki said: »
Assuming the pet level lasts after removing the weapon
And why would you assume that? When the other items that grant this boon require to be kept equipped to benefit from it?

I mean the description is shorter here, it's just a generic "Lv.+" but given how pretty much all other existing items (even for other jobs like SMN and PUP) require to be equipped, it's a long shot to assume this weapon will allow to be used as a call beasts swap-in.

I'm not saying it's "impossible", just that I see no reason to expect it.

Edit:
While the raw Pet Macc is lower than Agwu, when you add up the Lv+3 then it might prove to provide an overall higher amount of macc.
Granted it's never been precisely demonstrated that Pet Lvl grants Macc, but it's always been assumed to do so.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-05-10 06:06:40  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
Assuming the pet level lasts after removing the weapon
And why would you assume that? When the other items that grant this boon require to be kept equipped to benefit from it?

I mean the description is shorter here, it's just a generic "Lv.+1" but given how pretty much all other existing items (even for other jobs like SMN and PUP) required to be equipped, it's a long shot to assume this weapon will allow to be used as a call beasts swap-in.

I'm not saying it's "impossible", just that I see no reason to expect it.

Edit:
While the raw Pet Macc is lower than Agwu, when you add up the Lv+3 then it might prove to provide an overall higher amount of macc.
Granted it's never been precisely demonstrated that Pet Lvl grants Macc, but it's always been assumed to do so.

I misread it as Call Beast for some reason.

Ya it just depends if pet lvl +3 is > than otherwise provided pet acc values.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-05-10 06:09:55  
yeah dampened my excitement a bit after i thought about it, maybe if you are letting your pet build tp it would be ok compared to aymur, but otherwise probably not.

As soon as I saw the Axe I was like, ‘do the stats work in offhand?’ Lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-05-10 07:18:34  
This is NOT a call beast axe.
The only thing that REALLY matters for Call beast are the relic hands.

all the other level + equipment: gleti feet, nukumi earring, and now this axe only raise the level while they are equipped. And they ONLY Work for pets that are already in the ilvl range; ie 99+

I'm REALLY curious if this works for offhand. Verymuch hoping so (though I would not expect the ws to be available for offhand)

Crit rate is probably because they REALLY expect bst to be a low attack job. so crits try to make up for it a bit.

As far as PDL+ being a benefit for pets.. I think that will be REALLY rare. It takes alot to cap attack on pets. you need to stack alot of def down to do it.

Is geo-frailty nerfed in Sortie? really the geomancy nerf hurts bst pet damage the most. If you completely floor the enemy's defense you can do it, but you have to stack alot of sources.

I'm sad it wasn't fragmentation on the axe. but hopefully the damage is better than Ruinator.
[+]
By shamgi 2023-05-10 11:42:03  
BST is one of the higher attack jobs if you cycle your pet buffs. Between the Sheep and the Lynx you can hit almost double attack.

But my guess is that these things can take augments. They have very little in the way of secondary and tertiary stats, and SE has been loving augmentable gear with paths.

I'm also interested in the pet ring. 10 DA means we're getting to some pretty absurd levels of double attack for BST.

Edit: Though, looking at it, I think it's actually technically possible to hit 100% Crit rate on BST now. Even if we can't, Ikenga's and the new axe alone are 25%. But even at a quick glance with Heyoka +1, Blistering, and the weapons we're at 83%.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-05-11 05:19:59  
If the Pet:DMG increases from Pet Level+ continue as predicted (DMG+1 per level), then I would expect the following physical Ready values:

Conditions
(Level/Gear)
Pentapeck
Tickling Tendrils

(6 fTP)
Sweeping Gouge
(13.5 fTP)
Razor Fang
Hoof Volley

(26 fTP)
Rhinowrecker
(38.5 fTP)
Tegmina Buffet
(41.875 fTP)
Mainhand iLvl 119 Axe
(Level 119 Pet)
Level 119 Pet
w/Sroda Earring (Pet:DMG+10)
Level 120 Pet
w/Sroda
+ Nukumi Earring (Pet:Lv+1)
Level 121 Pet
w/Sroda + Nukumi Earring
+ Gleti's Boots (Pet:Lv+1)
Level 121 Pet
w/Sroda + Nukumi + Gleti
+ Agwu's Axe (Pet:DMG+10)
Level 121 Pet w/Sroda
+ Nukumi + Gleti + Agwu's
+ Fickblix's Ring (Pet:DMG+10%)
Level 124 Pet w/Sroda
+ Nukumi + Gleti
+ Agwu's + Fickblix
+ Spalirisos (Pet:Lv+3)
Level 124 Pet w/Sroda
+ Fickblix + Spalirisos
+ Nyame [R20 D] (Pet:DMG+10%)
Level 124 Pet w/Sroda
+ Fickblix + Spalirisos
+ Nyame [R25 D] (Pet:DMG+15%)
Level 124 Pet w/Sroda
+ Fickblix + Spalirisos
+ Nyame [R30 D] (Pet:DMG+21%)

This does not take into consideration the potential impact of Pet:PDL+ from Spalirisos Aftermath.

After the absurdly high Magic Evasion buff from the February 10th, 2023 version update,
I'm interested to see the durability increase for pets that would accompany the Pet:Lv+3 effect from the new Prime Axe.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-05-11 21:28:54  
fickblix here i come!
One of the few items to impact Digest potency!
By Felgarr 2023-05-11 22:09:35  
fickblix here i come!

Apologies. How so?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-05-11 23:48:41  
Apologies. How so?

Aside from Pet TP Bonus and Job Points, the Pet:Damage+X% gear has been shown to improve Digest damage / amount drained.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-05-12 00:39:23  
fickblix here i come!

Apologies. How so?

Aside from Pet TP Bonus and Job Points, the Pet:Damage+X% gear has been shown to improve Digest damage / amount drained.

Thanks. I had a feeling that's what you meant. Maybe one day we'll have Beastmaster/Digest parties? Bah, who am I kidding? 2005 is never coming back.
By Zyx1337 2023-05-12 12:16:15  
Does Aymur TP bonus work in off-hand?
First Page 2 3 ... 163 164 165 ... 176 177 178