Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 175 176 177
 Asura.Byrne
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Byrne 2018-06-19 07:46:00  
One easy way to test for attack bonus would be using a geo and RDM to help you. The RDM can start off with Dia 1, then do your tests, then dia 2; test again; dia III test again, no dia, but frailty, test again; frailty+dia 1, etc. You can also throw other attack buffs into the mix, but the RDM and GEO would probably be faster, as you wont have to deal with ability cooldowns.

You keep cycling debuffs to the monster's defense until you reach PDIF cap. (which you should be able to do in roughly increments of 5% with those jobs helping. At each interval you would test multiple weaponskills to see which ones keep scaling up in damage, and which ones don't. (Be mindful that some actually have an attack penalty, and will not cap until after you would be at PDIF cap with the other WS, though I don't know offhand if any axe WS are that way.)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-06-19 09:13:31  
I'm guessing at least 100 samples at each level? 3k tp for easy consistency
By clearlyamule 2018-06-19 10:47:10  
Well we did kind of start this discussion at comparing 1k tp lol

Ruinator has an attack bonus. A lot of ws have bonuses/penalties that aren't listed in game though they often don't get found out till decently after the fact when people start questioning the dmgs they are getting on ws they use. So less popular ws hardly ever get checked

Depends on how tight you can control things. If you can keep tp steady (easy at 3k) And take out multi attack variance will go down to just the 5% randomizer. Also could probably zero in faster using melee hits to find when you are capping melee then see if going up/down from there changes the ws dmg
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-07-15 19:22:17  
Random update:
Using flippant's Parse lua (great addon that was quite useful for breaking down some detailed pet data) was able to evaluate some Pet Double Attack rates.

There was an Official Forums post several years ago where some info was dropped about BlackbeardRandy and RedolentCandi/AlluringHoney... the snapweed comments were debunked by dasva, but I was always curious if the Tiger actually had an enhanced Double Attack rate or if their info was simply an allusion to him being a WAR pet.

For test subjects I used:
1. VivaciousVickie (Boar MNK)
2. RhymingShizuna (Sheep WAR)
3. BlackbeardRandy (Tiger WAR)
and as a point of interest...
4. Left-HandedYoko (Mosquito ???).

Tested on Campaign Fortifications, with no Pet:Double Attack gear equipped, and got the following results:

So as predicted, VivaciousVickie had 0% Double Attack (MNK) and RhymingShizuna had 18% Double Attack (Level 99 WAR trait).

The parse indicates that they gave BlackbeardRandy an additional Double Attack+10% bonus, so Pet:DA 28% total. Kinda cool, though it's not like it benefits Razor Fang or Claw Cyclone greatly.

And on top of that we can see they gave the Mosquito a 40% Double Attack rate, which is... interesting.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-15 22:28:09  
Are you listing the 10% DA bonus as simply a Randy pet bonus?

Yeah, Mosquito is a really strange pet.
I knew it hit really fast, but I didn't actually think it was DA. I thought it just had a really low delay combined w/ haste.

wish I could figure a way to pin down its job.

I know drk is the best guess. but its attack is ridiculously low. and only other pet supposed to be drk is diremite, which Does have high attack.
Yoko DOES have mp
Drk job traits are just rediculously impossible to test for.

unfortunately pets don't get the killer effect from their job.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-07-16 07:52:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Are you listing the 10% DA bonus as simply a Randy pet bonus?

Yes - as far as I can see, this is a "BlackbeardRandy" bonus and not a "Tiger Pet" bonus.

Double Attack Parse:
GorefangHobs (Level 99 WAR) - Double Attack 18% (Level 99 WAR trait)
SaberSiravarde (Level 78 WAR) - Double Attack 14% (Level 75 WAR trait)
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-16 10:21:55  
I spent a few minutes trying to test traits for Colibri familiar and Left-handed Yoko.

As I'm sure you already tested, both have MP.
I also tried to compile a list of traits to test for each remaining job type.
I made the following table of traits for the jobs with native MP:
Listed are traits that should be testable.

whm MDB Auto-Regen
rdm MDB Resist Petrify
blm MAB Burst
sch Resist Silence Burst
pld Resist Sleep
drk Resist paralyze
smn Resist Slow
run MDB Auto-Regen
geo ????
blu ????

Obviously There is no way to test bluemage job traits. (So if I can't identify Yoko, I'll probably call it blu: 40% DA? Why not!? he just has some blu spells {which cant be cast} set that give that trait!).

It doesn't look like any geo traits are testable either. conserve mp, clear mind, Max MP boost.... yeah right.

I did confirm that Colibri does NOT have auto-regen. I had all pet regen gear off, and had Colibri engaged to the obstacle. for about 10 min without hp ticking up at all. I think this should eliminate WHM and RUN from the possibilities.

for sch, drk, pld, smn, and rdm we should be able to see the Resist! message with a significant enough sample size. So finding the right mob to pound on a pet for 100 casts should determine if they have that trait or not. Carmine Dobsonfly is good option for Slow, but I'd love to hear good ideas for sleep, paralyze, petrify and silence mobs. Or if someone willing to team up and go to brenner on rdm w/ me.

MAB and Burst bonus is testable for Yoko (which I'm pretty sure Yoko doesn't have, i've bursted plenty and its a nice boost, but not nearly as big and fluffy bredo on a burst.) but NOT testable for Colibri; No magical ready moves.

the surprise DA finds for Randy and Yoko make me curious about other surprises on existing pets.

also, wow.. just thinking and putting this information together wi/ other stuff

if you take your Multihit ready set (pet da) and melee axes (skullrender x2) which is pretty much my master idle, pet engaged melee set... then you are are looking at 74% DA Melee on Randy and 86% DA for Melee on Yoko. and 64% DA for all the other war pets, and 46% DA for the non-war pets. (don't remember thf's TA rate, probably 8%) thats a pretty sweet DA rate.

I've talked w/ War players who try to get their DA capped and pup can get DA up there during Overdrive especially, but thats a fantastic DA rate.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-16 15:00:48  
OH! Tunga for petrify
By clearlyamule 2018-07-16 15:19:51  
Problem is it's pretty clear they've done a lot of just messing with stats and bonuses willy nilly to the point it's almost hard to say most even really are a certain job for any practical sense
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-16 16:19:33  
No Resist! message from either Yoko or Colibri vs Tunga. Thats alot of casts of Slowga and Breakga, even though I did get a 'Resist!' message on my main on a rare occasion that i was close enough to get hit w/ slowga (bst trait!)

so no to SMN, and no to RDM for either of them. though colibri does appear to have higher meva than mosquito, but thats just an assumption on my part.

looking at the resist testing forum, going to dynamis (lower level) and gathering all the bst types w/ there pets is a great way to gather information.

I'll probably have to /whm and diaga > snarl to claim them w/out pet killing them. or summon lower level pet.
By clearlyamule 2018-07-16 16:55:46  
Hmmm so that has me thinking has anyone seen any resist! message for any bst pet?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-16 19:48:41  
would have to test on a known pld pet for resist sleep.

any mobs or nm's which spam sleep come to mind?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-07-22 11:40:49  
From recent testing it appears that the Augments "Reward" III effect can remove Amnesia from your pet.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-31 15:38:21  
Ack.. I never see updates on this thread until its long past >.<;

Very nice find!

Did you test both Ankusa body and Totemic body?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-08-05 19:54:13  
Did you test both Ankusa body and Totemic body?

Yessir, they both work (so anything with Augments "Reward" III on it will remove Amnesia).

clearlyamule said: »
Hmmm so that has me thinking has anyone seen any resist! message for any bst pet?
I've never seen one.

Related to this, since Atma effects are conferred to pets, attempted to get a 'Resist!' message from Hedjedjet's Bindga (casts once per minute).

First got a baseline with level 99 HeraldHenry and bowled a perfect 300 with some Regen Atmas.
Then repeated the process with a couple Resist Bind Atmas - Impaler (Major) and Scorpion Queen (Superior).

Lvl 99 HeraldHenry vs Hedjedjet
Bindga ResultAtma: Vicissitude, Sea Daughter, StrongholdAtma: Scorpion Queen, Impaler, Stronghold
Bound300300
Resists00
Resist!00

It didn't feel worthwhile to continue beyond that - I'm mostly leaning towards Jug Pets not being able to use Resist Traits at all.

unfortunately pets don't get the killer effect from their job.
To add onto this: confirmed that Atma Killer Effects don't apply to Jug Pets (I think Xilk or Dasva tested this in the past, but just restating it here).

Atma of the Beast King (Beast Killer+10%)
Atma of Hell's Guardian (Demon Killer+%)
Atma of the Dragon Rider (Dragon Killer+10%)
Atma of the Impregnable (Lizard Killer+10%)
Atma of the Hybrid Beast (Arcana Killer+10%)

All have no impact on Jug Pet intimidation rates versus those monster families.

And while the Killer Effect Vorseal/Blessing are added on top of your Master's current Killer traits effects, for Jug Pets they have no impact. After 10000+ attack rounds from Lentic Toads onto SwoopingZhivago, the intimidation rate was ~5%.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-08-07 13:43:21  
Great testing.

this sounds like a good one to enter as a bug though.

vorseals are supposed to affect pet and master.

maybe they'll fix it some day :P

I mean, hey, they changed the ram mount name to sheep mount :P

but really, those killer effects from vorseals and atma not affecting pets is probably unintentional. Most everything about pets is unintentional. If its not too hard to change, they might do it.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-07 14:14:11  
They might if they didn't have such a hard on for summoner and such a hard on for hating on bst
 Asura.Fuzzydice
user: Fuzzydice
By Asura.Fuzzydice 2018-08-27 10:35:18  
Question, just picked up a skullrender, what augment path do you guys recommend?

Thank you,
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-08-27 11:00:03  
Asura.Fuzzydice said: »
Question, just picked up a skullrender, what augment path do you guys recommend?

Thank you,

Skullrender is a nicely flexible weapons for augments.

I'd say it mostly depends on which augments you need most.

The ones I keep permanently are path C. i primarily use them for PET TP axes.

I use them for when pet is engaged and master is not. I also use 1 for offhand for Multihit ready moves.

There are better options for Pet attack and Accuracy. there are better options for Pet MAB. However, you might not have those yet, and a MAB skullrender might be a good filler piece until you can get something better.
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2018-08-27 11:18:48  
I saw the post about Plume from the previous page, and saw how it stacked up with Geo debuffs. Does anyone know if Corrosive ooze works the same way? How does it rank against and or stack up with geo buffs, dia2/3, and other defense down things?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-08-27 12:10:34  
Yes Corrosive Ooze works the same way.
Its really the way DEF down works.
Go read the DEF down page on BG-wiki. It describes the mechanics.

DEF down mechanics stack the same way MDB down mechanics stack.

I don't recall what the specific cap is for def down.

I have the impression that bolster geo-frailty caps def down by itself. but it feels vague and I'm not sure on that point.
By clearlyamule 2018-08-27 12:12:40  
Debuffs of completely different types pretty much always stack. So all geo ones will stack with non geo. And weird dot ones like bio/dia are a separate category and steps are yet another category. Corrosive ooze is and pretty much always been the strongest straight def down debuff a player had access to and still pretty competitive with geo stuff.

def/att down caps at 1 def/att. That said you'll reach ratio caps way before you take a mobs def/att that low
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-08-27 14:48:28  
FYI, I submitted Falkirk's testing on Reistance and pet killer effects+ as bug tickets on SE forums.

shoulda done that weeks ago, but I forgot that I hadn't.
 Asura.Fuzzydice
user: Fuzzydice
By Asura.Fuzzydice 2018-08-27 15:24:53  
Thank you Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk !
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-09-04 22:17:30  
Hey Look!!!
I actually got a Reply!!!

Quote:

Hello, Xilk!

Thanks for asking! We checked and the following pets' jobs are:
Choral Leera - ninja/red mage
Left-handed Yoko - dark knight
Anklebiter Jedd - dark knight/black mage

I hope this information helps!
(2)
SE Forum Thread

So we can expect to see subtle blow and skilchain bonus on Choral Leera, and MDB bonus from rdm

Mab and burst bonus should be there for both the rdm and blm but useless w/out magical ready moves.

I'm curious how the drk traits would be useful. Attack bonus is obvious and helpful. but I'm not sure if Smite will apply to Jedd or Yoko. Or Occult Acumen, but Crit attack bonus should be easily measured.

I'm guessing they are there, because yoko hits pretty darn hard for the low attack rating.
By clearlyamule 2018-09-04 23:13:32  
Hey Look!!!
I actually got a Reply!!!

Quote:

Hello, Xilk!

Thanks for asking! We checked and the following pets' jobs are:
Left-handed Yoko - dark knight
Anklebiter Jedd - dark knight/black mage

I hope this information helps!
(2)
SE Forum Thread

So we can expect to see subtle blow and skilchain bonus on Choral Leera, and MDB bonus from rdm

Mab and burst bonus should be there for both the rdm and blm but useless w/out magical ready moves.

I'm curious how the drk traits would be useful. Attack bonus is obvious and helpful. but I'm not sure if Smite will apply to Jedd or Yoko. Or Occult Acumen, but Crit attack bonus should be easily measured.

I'm guessing they are there, because yoko hits pretty darn hard for the low attack rating.
Pretty much all pets have varying amounts of subtle blow and MDB... I think all the mdb were tested but only a limited testing on subtle after it became apparent several had a lot like iirc some were near capped naturally.

Smite likely doesn't work as non mnk pets are considered 1 handed... mnks I'm not sure right now because blunt attacking mobs used to actually have both options depending on the pet but they consolidated them when they did the one handed/pet acc update and I forget which one they put them all in. Can't speak for Yoko but pretty sure crit attack bonus has been tested for war pets as definitely working and basically being the only thing increases dmg on crits when capped pdif (they really need to fix that given they've raised player pdif caps to pet levels.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-09-05 08:09:16  

?????
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-09-05 09:24:42  
Yeah, in my reply on SE forum, I stated my surprise that some of out pets have dual jobs.

though we've seen it in monstrosity and NM's It never really occurred to me before that jug pets might have dual jobs.

It makes me wonder which others might have dual jobs.

Curiosity is killing me. I would guess that only the HQ- named types probably have dual jobs. and not all of them at that, as the reply states that Yoko is indeed just DRK.

Not sure how to check aside from posting the whole list of pets and jobs we've discovered and ask for additions/corrections.

easy proof that getting answers gives you more questions.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-09-09 08:49:30  
Speaking of differences between NQ and HQ variants, here's the list of Jug Pet HP Modifiers:

Jug PetMax HPHP Modifier
Threestar Lynn3604-40%
Brave Hero Glenn4212-35%
Weevil Familiar4084-32.5%
Stalwart Angelina4264-30%
Mosquito Familiar4322-30%
Slime Familiar4536-30%
Left-Handed Yoko4508-27.5%
Sultry Patrice4730-27.5%
Blackbeard Randy4860-25%
Generous Arthur4860-25%
Anklebiter Jedd4938-20%
Hurler Percival4988-20%
Suspicious Alice5184-20%
Cursed Annabelle5184-20%
Amiable Roche5184-20%
Headbreaker Ken5184-20%
Fleet Reinhard5184-20%
Sweet Caroline5344-20%
Lynx Familiar5312-17.5%
Colibri Familiar5308-15%
Droopy Dortwin5500-15%
Warlike Patrick5508-15%
Attentive Ibuki5508-15%
Brainy Waluis5508-15%
Spider Familiar5508-15%
Yellow Beetle Familiar5508-15%

Jug PetMax HPHP Modifier
Vivacious Gaston5508-15%
Surging Storm5678-15%
Sharpwit Hermes5678-15%
Hippogryph Familiar5224-12.5%
Choral Leera5496-12.5%
Pondering Peter5702-12.5%
Swooping Zhivago5702-12.5%
Gussy Hachirobe5702-12.5%
Energized Sefina5702-12.5%
Submerged Iyo5878-12.5%
Daring Roland5404-10%
Acuex Familiar5558-10%
Herald Henry5612-10%
Scissorleg Xerin5832-10%
Rhyming Shizuna5832-10%
Redolent Candi5832-10%
Porter Crab Familiar5738-7.5%
Fluffy Bredo5744-7.5%
Bouncing Bertha6026-7.5%
Alluring Honey6026-7.5%
Jovial Edwin5924-5%
Caring Kiyomaro6346-5%
Vivacious Vickie6546-2.5%
Sunburst Malfik5250+10%
Aged Angus5434+15%

Tested using Atma of the Bushin's static HP+200 bonus.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-09-10 01:59:56  
New BST Collar augments:

Beastmaster Collar+2 likely gets:
STR/DEX+15
Physical Damage Limit+10%
Pet:Double Attack+25%