First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 201 202 203
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-07-22 08:41:29  
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
They did however say abjuration AND hexed equipment so the abjuration meaning all the older sets like sky/hnm/einherjar. Not much point putting the and in if not and all hexed equip come from Abjs so why include Abjuration at all if that's the case?

I mean, what they say is "new abjurations and hexed equipment will be added" and "ways to modify existing hexed equipment".

They never really hint at the cursed sets beyond the image on the post, so I really don't think they're part of it. I'd love to be proven wrong, though :)
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-07-22 09:06:29  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
They did however say abjuration AND hexed equipment so the abjuration meaning all the older sets like sky/hnm/einherjar. Not much point putting the and in if not and all hexed equip come from Abjs so why include Abjuration at all if that's the case?

I mean, what they say is "new abjurations and hexed equipment will be added" and "ways to modify existing hexed equipment".

They never really hint at the cursed sets beyond the image on the post, so I really don't think they're part of it. I'd love to be proven wrong, though :)

The fact they included images of cursed gear on both announcements looks promising enough. Perhaps they simply decided to describe both Cursed and Hexed gear as Hexed Equipment (they both involved an Abjuration and crafted item after all).

"Hexes can be removed from enhanced hexed equipment by speaking to Alphollon C Meriard in Northern San d'Oria (L-6) and trading him the piece of equipment along with new materials to be added in the August version update"

This sounds like you will have to trade your enhanced gear (say, an augmented Heca Cap+1 or w/e) with 1 or more materials (it could be another Abj of the same kind, another nq/hq cursed/hexed item or even completely new mats)..

All I know for sure is I'm glad my mannequin is still wearing Ebody and Heca stuff.
 Leviathan.Mckeag
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-07-22 09:11:18  
Can't wait to see the stats on Kheper Jacket one of the better looking pieces of gear in the game!
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2015-07-22 09:13:00  
I am looking forward to a non slowed heca armor set XD
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-22 09:37:10  
The return of the D.Feet!

But really, I'm hoping we can get refresh+3 head now.

Edit: btw, knowing SE, you can say goodbye to your existing stats once you upgrade. Might be a good time to farm abjurations for bazaaring the tatters.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-07-22 09:41:13  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
The return of the D.Feet!

But really, I'm hoping we can get refresh+3 head now.

Edit: btw, knowing SE, you can say goodbye to your existing stats once you upgrade. Might be a good time to farm abjurations for bazaaring the tatters.
There's a chance at least that the legion sets will automatically have the augments.

HNM sets on the other hand.... Yeah. I wouldn't hold my breath.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-22 09:41:24  
Odin.Sheelay said: »
I am looking forward to a more slowed heca armor set XD
ftfy!
[+]
By Ulthakptah 2015-07-22 09:42:28  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Skjalfeirdotter said: »
/cheer

Wonder if the augments on Sky / Einherjar / HNMs will be wiped out. ; ;
Ooooo wonder how good Iaso Mitra will be after it gets upgraded :)
What about Spurrina Coif? 3mp/tick would be insaiyan.

Might tempt me enough to actually try and craft them.
Well hopefully the Rhapsody KI that increases the upgrade rate for abyssite works outside of Abyssea too. Ethereal Squama being the most expensive part of the synth.
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-07-22 10:45:33  
Quote:
  • The respawn time for ??? targets required for Zeni notorious monsters has been reduced.

• The time that must pass between reattempting the following quest-realted minigames will be reduced.

Promotion: Sergeant Major / Promotion: First Lieutenant

• The following content and quests will become easier to enjoy through progressing through the Rhapsodies of Vana’diel missions.

• Limbus

• The time between reacquiring entry-related items will be reduced.
    • The price of cosmo-cleanse will be reduced.

• Campaign

• The amount of time between issuance of op credits will be reduced.
    • The amount of time between campaign evaluations will be reduced.

• Meeble Burrows

• The amount of time between replenishment of moblin pheromone stacks will be reduced.

• Moblin Maze Mongers

• The time that must pass before entering a new maze will be reduced.
    • Cave Conservation points will accumulate more frequently.

• Abyssea

• The chance of abyssite changing color will be increased.
    • The amount of time a player may reside in Abyssea per traverser stone will be increased.

• Voidwatch

• The amount of time that must pass after using /fume before a monster’s weakpoint may be changed again will be reduced.
    • The price of void clusters will be reduced.
    • The amount of cruor required to enhance atma will be reduced.

• Legion

• The price of legion passes will be reduced.

Did I mention before I can't wait for the August update? That must be all 99 content covered now.

They also need to increase the chance to receive KI from mobs in Abyssea. And Imprinatur timers need to be reduced. Other than that, this is fantastic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-07-22 10:52:03  
Sylph.Staleyx said: »
Quote:
Escha-Yhoator
Have mercy...

Oh Jesus no.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-07-22 11:04:05  
Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Quote:
  • The respawn time for ??? targets required for Zeni notorious monsters has been reduced.

• The time that must pass between reattempting the following quest-realted minigames will be reduced.

Promotion: Sergeant Major / Promotion: First Lieutenant

• The following content and quests will become easier to enjoy through progressing through the Rhapsodies of Vana’diel missions.

• Limbus

• The time between reacquiring entry-related items will be reduced.
    • The price of cosmo-cleanse will be reduced.

• Campaign

• The amount of time between issuance of op credits will be reduced.
    • The amount of time between campaign evaluations will be reduced.

• Meeble Burrows

• The amount of time between replenishment of moblin pheromone stacks will be reduced.

• Moblin Maze Mongers

• The time that must pass before entering a new maze will be reduced.
    • Cave Conservation points will accumulate more frequently.

• Abyssea

• The chance of abyssite changing color will be increased.
    • The amount of time a player may reside in Abyssea per traverser stone will be increased.

• Voidwatch

• The amount of time that must pass after using /fume before a monster’s weakpoint may be changed again will be reduced.
    • The price of void clusters will be reduced.
    • The amount of cruor required to enhance atma will be reduced.

• Legion

• The price of legion passes will be reduced.

Did I mention before I can't wait for the August update? That must be all 99 content covered now.

They also need to increase the chance to receive KI from mobs in Abyssea. And Imprinatur timers need to be reduced. Other than that, this is fantastic.
Well tbh I can go in Abyssea on THF and get KI without red proc pretty easily, as for imprinteurs, I suspect Adoulin easy mode will come in t he final RoV part.
By Pantafernando 2015-07-22 15:54:46  
Quote:
[dev1278] New Abjurations and Hexed Equipment
New hexed equipment and abjurations will be added.

It will now become possible to enhance existing hexed equipment using new materials.

Hexes can be removed from enhanced hexed equipment by speaking to Alphollon C Meriard in Northern San d'Oria (L-6) and trading him the piece of equipment along with new materials to be added in the August version update.

The equipment will be even more powerful once its hex is removed.
 Seraph.Jacaut
サーバ: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2015-07-22 16:07:53  
so that includes the old "cursed" gear from the top picture for new augments? or will the new hexed equipment be reskinned ya think?
By Pantafernando 2015-07-22 17:35:07  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Quote:
Freshly Picked Vana'diel 19 Digest

Greetings,

To coincide with the June version update, Producer Akihiko Matsui held another "Freshly Picked Vana'diel" to go over some of the new content and discuss other topics pertinent to adventuring. The following is a digest of what was discussed.

Adoulin Quests

Alter Ego Quests

Difficulty Adjustments for Existing Quests

High-tier Avatar Battlefields

Escha – Zi’tah

Geas Fete Adjustments

Unity Wanted

Unity Concord

Alter Egos/Adventuring Fellow

Job Adjustments

Item-related

Fishing Adjustments

Lu Shang’s Fishing Rod/Ebisu Fishing Rod Enhancement Quest

/Sitchair Emote

Mog Garden

Quality-of-life Improvements

Ongoing Events

Conclusion
[+]
 Leviathan.Mckeag
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-07-22 17:43:05  
Darn no mention of a server merger yet
By Pantafernando 2015-07-22 18:31:35  
Quote:
Important Notice

In order to strengthen the security of the Square Enix Account system, support for the SSL 3.0 protocol will end on Jul. 22, 2015.

Due to this change resulting in only TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 protocols being enabled, it is possible that some browser settings may prevent use of the Square Enix Account system.

Please follow the steps below to confirm and configure your browser settings to allow TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 protocols.

[Affected Services]

-FINAL FANTASY XI Forum
-Square Enix Account Management System
-Square Enix Support Center

[Steps to Confirm/Configure Browser Settings]

-Windows
--Internet Explorer 11
Please update to the latest version.
*If security settings have been configured individually, please disable SSL 3.0 and enable TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2.

--Internet Explorer 10 and earlier
1. Open "Internet Options"
(Tools > Internet Options)
2. Open the "Advanced" tab
3. Uncheck the checkbox for "Use SSL 3.0"
4. Check the checkboxes for the following items:
---Use TLS 1.0
---Use TLS 1.1
---Use TLS 1.2
*May differ by version

--Firefox
*If config settings have been configured individually, please disable SSL 3.0 and enable TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2.

--Chrome
*If config settings have been configured individually, please disable SSL 3.0 and enable TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2.

-Mac OS X
--Safari
If you cannot access the above services normally,
please update your software and OS X to the latest version.

--Chrome
please update to the latest version.

-Smartphone
--iOS Safari
please update your software and iOS to the latest version.

--All Android browsers
please update your system software to the latest version.

*Edited on Jul. 22, 2015 9:27 a.m. (PDT)
Added information regarding SSL 3.0 settings in Windows browsers.
 leo
By leo 2015-07-22 19:12:52  
I remember canceling eco-warrior by mistake and then getting to the dungeon with the (JP)linkshell to do it and not being able to take the level cap from the NPC. Back then I was using the Japanese client (english version wasn't out yet) and didn't quite understand what I was doing.

I don't think SE staff even remember what they did with the original game design.

Blatantly claim that one can't cancel eco-warrior is kind of worrisome, you see...
By Pantafernando 2015-07-23 03:56:17  
Quote:
[dev1279] Job Adjustments

The following merit point categories will have their maximum bonus values raised.

Status / Combat skills / Magic skills

Job points will undergo the following additions and adjustments.

Each category's maximum value will be raised from 10 to 15.
New gifts will be added.

The maximum number of accumulated job points will be increased.

Jobs will undergo the following adjustments.

Red Mage

The chance of Temper enabling multiple attacks will now scale with a red mage's enhancing magic skill.

Dark Knight

The Consume Mana ability will become usable with elemental weapon skills.

Summoner

Ready's recast delay will be shortened.

Blue Mage

It will become possible to sort blue magic spells by elementals in the magic menu.

Puppetmaster

New attachments will be added.

The following attachments will have their effects adjusted.
  • Flame Holder
    The amount of attack power gained from spending a fire maneuver will be increased.

• Heat Capacitor
    The amount of TP restored from spending a fire maneuver will be increased.

• Ice Maker
    The amount of magic attack power gained from spending an ice maneuver will be increased.

• Replicator
    When spending wind maneuvers, the Replicator will now produce copy images instead of shadow images.

• Barrage Turbine
    Barrage will fire more projectiles as a result of sacrificing wind maneuver effects.

• Economizer
    The amount of MP restored from sacrificing dark maneuver effects will be increased.

• Tactical Processor
    The attachment's element will be changed.

Scholar

The Embrava spell will now also grant Flurry (increased ranged attack speed) on its target.

Geomancer

It will now become possible to target the area of effect of Geo spells.
By ibm2431 2015-07-23 04:12:27  
Quote:
Geomancer

It will now become possible to target the area of effect of Geo spells.

Requesting speculations on what this is supposed to mean!
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-23 04:15:17  
I think it means that you'll be able to use that AoE display added a while back for -Ra spells, now.

Also, 5 more tiers of some JP categories is going to be insanely powerful.
By ibm2431 2015-07-23 04:20:24  
Oh, I was thinking it had something to do with Geo- bubbles.
 Cerberus.Lasareth
user: lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2015-07-23 04:25:06  
I'm guessing it means you can target allies with offensive geo spells (geo-poison, geo-vex, etc...)

Or target enemies with buff geos..
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-23 04:27:22  
I would definitely appreciate that far more than my idea.
 Cerberus.Lasareth
user: lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2015-07-23 04:28:57  
I don't get the meaning of the RDM buff either. Temper supposedly did scale with enhancing magic. Are they implying it'll break the theoretical cap at 500 skill or did enhancing not even affect it in the first place?
By Ruaumoko 2015-07-23 04:45:48  
Quote:
Red Mage

The chance of Temper enabling multiple attacks will now scale with a red mage's enhancing magic skill.
I don't understand this. Didn't Temper always scale with Enhancing Magic Skill and 350 skill was the floor? Also, will this affect Rune Fencer as well? It gets the spell at 550 JP.

Quote:
Puppetmaster

Flame Holder
The amount of attack power gained from spending a fire maneuver will be increased.

Heat Capacitor

Ice Maker
The amount of magic attack power gained from spending an ice maneuver will be increased.

Replicator
When spending wind maneuvers, the Replicator will now produce copy images instead of shadow images.

Barrage Turbine
Barrage will fire more projectiles as a result of sacrificing wind maneuver effects.

Economizer
The amount of MP restored from sacrificing dark maneuver effects will be increased.

Tactical Processor
All good stuff. The change to the Heat Capacitor and the Flame Holder are very welcome. Automatons need some serious boosts to damage output to come even remotely close to a Beastmaster's pets. They are certainly more durable but their damage is lacking. Replicator's shadows becoming ninja shadows and not Blink ones is very welcome.

It seems that the final cap for Job Point categories is going to be 20. 30 would have been serious overkill.
By Pantafernando 2015-07-23 04:45:50  
I think there are errors in this translation, like smn. Unless i missed something, ready is a bst move. Google tradutor didnt help much with jp dev tracker, though it showed "expand" in geomancer adjustment.

Anyway, better to wait someone that can read jp to fix those infos.

Cerberus.Lasareth said: »
I don't get the meaning of the RDM buff either. Temper supposedly did scale with enhancing magic. Are they implying it'll break the theoretical cap at 500 skill or did enhancing not even affect it in the first place?

Fora, Dilma.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-07-23 05:14:13  
Ruaumoko said: »

Quote:
Puppetmaster

Flame Holder

Heat Capacitor

Ice Maker

Replicator

Barrage Turbine

Economizer

Tactical Processor
All good stuff. The change to the Heat Capacitor and the Flame Holder are very welcome. Automatons need some serious boosts to damage output to come even remotely close to a Beastmaster's pets. They are certainly more durable but their damage is lacking. Replicator's shadows becoming ninja shadows and not Blink ones is very welcome.

It seems that the final cap for Job Point categories is going to be 20. 30 would have been serious overkill.

The attachments are an interesting prospect, but I have a feeling they will be more things PUP doesn't need. Something that increases base magic damage /and/ forces the puppet to cast low level spells more frequently would be fantastic. Or straight mdt would be nice.

The boost on the attachments we have now will have to be quite substantial to make them worth losing my maneuvers over. I don't see Flame Holder or Heat Capacitor being high enough to be worthwhile, but I could be wrong. Barrage Turbine could be interesting, but I don't see it being used over Repeater/Drum Magazine unless you don't want the Auto to melee at all, which I can't imagine happening anymore now that repair is so OP. Ice maker is nice though. I also hope Tactical Processor is changed to like... Dark I guess. Something I don't ever use so I can keep actually using it.
By Ruaumoko 2015-07-23 05:28:11  
The only attachments I think the Automaton needs are things along these lines.

1. An attachment that gives the effect of Souleater.
2. An attachment that erases Water Maneuver effects to copy beneficial status effects currently on the Puppetmaster, x2 effects per consumed Water Maneuver.
3. An attachment that operates like a HP version of the Economizer. Converts Light Maneuver effects to HP once HP falls below a certain threshold.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-07-23 05:41:00  
The souleater idea sounds pretty cool, actually. I doubt SE is willing to do that though, but it would be cool. Copying effects from the master would be incredible. If it were water it would be broken though. Heat Sink makes it to where you can spam maneuvers over and over with little risk of ever overloading, and since you are already pumping out Water moves, it wouldn't end.

After the repair change, I have found that I rarely need to use light maneuvers except on Zapdos, Perfidien and Plouton. I don't bother bringing PUP to tanking HTMBs though, so there is that.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-07-23 06:54:55  
Quote:
I don't understand this. Didn't Temper always scale with Enhancing Magic Skill and 350 skill was the floor? Also, will this affect Rune Fencer as well? It gets the spell at 550 JP.

I think it's them raising the cap past 500. It was tested awhile back and it did indeed scale with enhancing magic but like most other such spells the cap was 500. Then adjusted enspell's so I figure this is just them finishing the job.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 201 202 203