サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2017-05-02 23:52:24  
Shiva.Renku said: »
Chriscoffey said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
SMN 'bout to get nerf batted?
blu, drk, war, dnc, and thf. Long live Tanaka.

Why would thf be nerfed?

You must have missed the brief window of broken rudra's storm! Thf already got a light slap on the wrist. Speaking of which Dear SE please bring back ukko's and victory smite! LOL
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2017-05-03 00:28:07  
Asura.Echandra said: »
victory smite!
just looool
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-03 01:05:28  
Shiva.Renku said: »
Chriscoffey said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
SMN 'bout to get nerf batted?
blu, drk, war, dnc, and thf. Long live Tanaka.

Why would thf be nerfed?

You must have missed the brief window of broken rudra's storm! Thf already got a light slap on the wrist. Speaking of which Dear SE please bring back ukko's and victory smite! LOL
Given the current game meta even if they were to un-nerf the TP>Crit from Ukko and Vsmite, they would still kinda suck compared to nowadays' standards, especially Vsmite.

For Vsmite to finally become okaysh I think they would need to allow for FTP carry.
That alone would probably make Vsmite worth it, but the problem of the current situation I think is that they probably want to buff MNK WS damage, whereas they don't want to buff PUP's.
If this is really what's making them doubt, it's not a sort of problem that can easily be solved with something like a WSDMG trait for MNK only. That would help of course, but given how all WS are multihit I'm not sure it would make a huge difference in the end, would it? Would buff stuff like Ascetic, Howling and FHeaven, but not enough I'm afraid.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-05-03 01:18:08  
If they made Boost function more like Building Flourish (via a job trait), that could maybe work as well.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-03 01:32:09  
They would have to reduce the CD for it though.
Because on DNC Climactic Flourish is a solid increase that you use every X minutes to raise the damage output of a job that already has respectable WS damage even without it.
On MNK you have a situation where WS damage is complete, utter, total ***, so you would need Boost up for EVERY WS, and given nowadays' WS frequency, yes, you would need to reduce the cooldown and it would have to be quite a substantial dmg boost too! Maybe applying to all hits because MNK has no 1-hit wonder WS like Rudra.

Regardless it's a really good idea in theory but it would need more work than just that, imho.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-05-03 02:08:26  
I'm actually pretty sure Building does apply to all hits.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-03 02:20:37  
Was thinking about Climactic, even typed it... duh, brain fart.
Building Flourish grants Acc/Att/Crit according to number of Finishing Moves used, and yeah I think this part applies to all hits.
Then there's a straight WSDMG bonus from job points, up to 20%, but I'm not sure this part in particular applies to all hits, afraid it works only on the first one like most other WSDMG bonuses.

Are there actually WSDMG bonuses that apply to all hits of a WS? Can't think of one atm. I seem to recall something but can't remember right now
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-05-03 02:36:00  
Wiki says it only applies to the first hit of physical and hybrid weaponskills. It applies to all hit of magical weaponskills.

Magian trial WSDMG Bonus applies to all hits of everything

and some WS like sturmwind and atonement are affected by both effects to all their hits.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-03 07:09:53  
Asura.Neufko said: »
It applies to all hit of magical weaponskills.

Magic WS's only have one hit.

Yeah there was a very short time when THF's were starting fights with 3000TP and both would do a stacked RS for obscene SC damage, reduced most NM's down to low HP in seconds enabling them to finish it off shortly thereafter. That was when UNM's were the big thing, we've long since moved off those though.

The "nerf" to Ukko's and VS was just to their crit rates, won't do jack ***for them now. They both need fTP transferred across all hits in order to be competitive with current WS's.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-05-03 08:01:20  
From my MNK spreadsheet allowing Vsmite's FTP to transfer would be a 1.5 to 2.0 damage boost to Vsmite.
I think we would be talking with numbers like these.
Think it would still be inferior to other WS options, but it would become quite a good WS with nice SC properties and would cover well what's currently the one big gap MNK is suffering from in current metagame.

Doubt that would suddenly make MNK into an OMGGODLIKE DD, but it would surely make it quite a competitive one with its own nice perks (HP, Formless Strikes, overall straightforward/simplicity etc)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-03 08:32:36  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Think it would still be inferior to other WS options, but it would become quite a good WS with nice SC properties and would cover well what's currently the one big gap MNK is suffering from in current metagame.

Would work exactly like CDC. CDC is 1.63 fTP three hit WS that's 80% DEX and can crit. If your DW you get an extra hit for four hits total. VS is currently 2.25 fTP on first then three extra hits, this is exactly what CDC used to be. SO if VS was changed to copy fTP, then it would be the same 1.63 x 4 with Multi-Attack adding more and having 80% STR mod. Remember to include gorget and belt which is a large increase on copy-fTP WS's. I can already get 8~15K VS on 136 apex mobs, so coping it's fTP should push that into the same range as CDC.

Remember don't compare a current mediocre (there are almost no good MNK's right now) MNK to a pimped BLU.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dibble
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2017-05-08 04:03:53  
May Login Campaign:

Cipher: Shantotto II - 300 pts
[+]
By Felgarr 2017-05-08 04:10:09  
Fenrir.Dibble said: »
May Login Campaign:

Is this good and why?
By Panthur 2017-05-08 06:28:59  
Shantanto II is a mean witch :) I hope AA TT is just as nasty! Would be awesome if the little taru ported around too! Poof in to ws, poof out to nuke heh.
 Fenrir.Dibble
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2017-05-08 06:34:31  
Felgarr said: »
May Login Campaign:

Is this good and why?
She's generally considered to be one of the most powerful Trusts and lots of people missed her Cipher last time round. People been waiting a year to get her.
I happened to log in last May (or w/e) on a free campaign and happened to snag her, so I guess I was lucky.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-08 07:36:56  
Felgarr said: »
May Login Campaign:

Is this good and why?
She's generally considered to be one of the most powerful Trusts and lots of people missed her Cipher last time round. People been waiting a year to get her.
I happened to log in last May (or w/e) on a free campaign and happened to snag her, so I guess I was lucky.

She's still weak as hell though and only good for a handful of MB's before running out of MP. I would say the most "powerful" trusts are tanks, WHMs, RDMs, buffers and other support related ones.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-05-08 08:03:32  
She MB's Tier I spells... how the hell is she gonna run out of mp?
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-08 08:25:30  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
She MB's Tier I spells... how the hell is she gonna run out of mp?

I'll summoner her next time I'm in game but she definitely blows through her MP, well she did last time I used her in a CP party at Apex Crawlers. We eventually just dropped her because and brought out the CP bonus moogles because even with Malaise and Focus she wasn't worth the slot. She has no refresh and we were constantly fighting so that likely was the cause.
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-08 08:32:14  
I've never had her run out of MP personally. Koru Moru is more than enough to keep her topped off. Ulmia and Joachim ensure it even further.

That said, I don't use her much anymore. Qultada was more useful for how I did CP solo.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-08 08:40:13  
She was the only trust in the party as we were 5/6 with an open space. I was CPing WAR using Cloudsplitter to close a darkness on Apex crawlers *WAY* back when. We used her for awhile but eventually we replaced her with the CP Bonus moogle. I can see if someone has a parry of trusts out and is self-SCing, but without malaise + focus her nukes are pitiful.
 Sylph.Cherche
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-05-08 10:08:50  
Ah, fair enough.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-05-08 10:08:59  
Sylph.Cherche said: »
I've never had her run out of MP personally. Koru Moru is more than enough to keep her topped off. Ulmia and Joachim ensure it even further.

That said, I don't use her much anymore. Qultada was more useful for how I did CP solo.

I've never seen her run out of mp either. Usually she's at 90%+ constantly. Granted the only time I use her is messing around leveling a job with a party full of trusts but still... I honestly thought she had what looked to be infinite mp (or just never ran out due to only using T1 spells).
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-05-08 10:15:19  
In my experience, Shantotto II is fantastic for leveling up characters. She closes skillchains and MBs for high damage, and wrecks enemies even when they're a much higher level. It's quite possible that she loses her value on CP mobs, though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-05-08 10:27:31  
Apex mobs are too high level for any trust that isn't a healer or tank. Trusts are generally for content below that. Escha/reisen mobs, the misc lotto nms that pop from em,t1 mobs,and so forth are what trusts can reasonably deal with. Fighting anything above that is a recipe for failure on the trust's end.
That's my experience with em anyway.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-08 11:00:50  
I wouldn't say only healer/tanks. Use the geo ones a lot lol. And I've been liking AAMR a lot since it has th and too lazy to make a set/unlucky on dmg augs and it also counts as a bst for beast roll.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-05-08 11:07:09  
Unless SE made MR different from other TH trusts; then it only has TH1 which the rarab cap already matches and even if i'm remembering the number wrong then you can use a chaac belt to make that th2.
The fact that it counts for bst roll is sort of interesting although I'd be questioning why the person playing cor didn't bother to get a decent relic hat.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-08 11:30:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Unless SE made MR different from other TH trusts; then it only has TH1 which the rarab cap already matches and even if i'm remembering the number wrong then you can use a chaac belt to make that th2.
The fact that it counts for bst roll is sort of interesting although I'd be questioning why the person playing cor didn't bother to get a decent relic hat.
True just lazy and don't like switching and forgot about new hat. Has anyone tested it's th?

Person did. But even fully upgraded relic hat is only 50%. Lower only 33%
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-08 12:11:06  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Apex mobs are too high level for any trust that isn't a healer or tank. Trusts are generally for content below that. Escha/reisen mobs, the misc lotto nms that pop from em,t1 mobs,and so forth are what trusts can reasonably deal with. Fighting anything above that is a recipe for failure on the trust's end.
That's my experience with em anyway.

This is my experience as well, any trust that's not a support or August gets destroyed on anything higher then level 121 or so. My point was more to counter this statement.

Quote:
She's generally considered to be one of the most powerful Trusts

When compared to the healing, tanking or buffing trusts she's much weaker, hell several of the DD trusts are better after the recent set of buffs.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-05-08 12:25:34  
@Saevel,

Any tips on which DD trusts I can try out? Been looking for some variety, but don't have the time to check them all out.
By fillerbunny9 2017-05-08 12:35:19  
Shantoto II has a lot of interesting side uses. she's great for proccing when soloing Avatar HTB fights. useful for hitting cast/bursted magic objectives in Omen (though never the Damage goals). she manages to deal decent magic damage in a lot of solo style activities. in Apex she is useless due to the absurdly high HP they possess, requiring a real black mage to effectively burst them (or multi-step SC to pull them down). I'd say she is well worth the points for the various niches she fulfills.
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 ... 201 202 203