Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 201 202 203
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-18 23:37:07  
Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
Has there been any word on the 7th Nakuual (sic?) For SoA?
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-18 23:48:39  
So, I just had a thought. Most afterglow owners that I know of only have one AG weapon but also have multiple other RME weapons. So, wouldn't all of those AG owners who are complaining be completely shooting themselves in the foot for wanting to make it really hard for the non-AG weapons? Do you really want to be stuck with extremely time-consuming upgrade paths on your other weapons just so you can be unique?
 Leviathan.Protey
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-19 00:14:08  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So, I just had a thought. Most afterglow owners that I know of only have one AG weapon but also have multiple other RME weapons. So, wouldn't all of those AG owners who are complaining be completely shooting themselves in the foot for wanting to make it really hard for the non-AG weapons? Do you really want to be stuck with extremely time-consuming upgrade paths on your other weapons just so you can be unique?

No. Yes.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-12-19 00:34:03  
Well that makes no sense whatsoever.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-19 00:59:10  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Well that makes no sense whatsoever.

You should know this by now, but not everyone has the same thoughts/feelings/beliefs that you do.

I will try and explain why it makes sense, but I'm not going to be too disappointed if you don't understand: there are people who believe that games should be just that: games. And part of the definition of game is that there be challenges to be overcome. So these people don't want to get things instantly, they want there to be a challenge. Obtaining the ultimate of the game should be an excessive challenge to these people. And for a game that has spanned over a decade, the thought of obtaining the ultimate of the game easily and/or in a small amount of time is reprehensible.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-12-19 01:00:06  
Who are the AG owners that are complaining they want non-AG weapons to be super hard to make? I was simply saying that their decision was a lazy one and they should have kept both paths separate. Then I specifically said they almost 90% won't do current AG users justice with this trial. I don't see in any of my posts that I wish its super hard for non-AG users.
 Sylph.Gobbo
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2015-12-19 01:05:11  
Draylo said: »
I don't see in any of my posts that I wish its super hard for non-AG users.

Even if it was super hard to the point where AGing is the desirable route, the only one that's rather unreasonable at the moment is the Empyrean one. I do agree though that it is lazy.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-12-19 02:20:32  
Sylph.Gobbo said: »

Even if it was super hard to the point where AGing is the desirable route, the only one that's rather unreasonable at the moment is the Empyrean one. I do agree though that it is lazy.

His attitude can be summed up on the statement of "If everyone glows then nobody glows". Essentially if everyone has something, then that something is no longer exclusive and "special". There are only a few ways to make something exclusive and still act as a status symbol, either make it a one time random handout or make the requirements so obnoxious that most players would just "nope". That last part is where Draylo and his folks are wishing things to be more difficult, though they won't come out and say it directly. SE has already stated why they are making it a single path, they wish to conserve developer time to work on content. This wasn't good enough for that group, they are demanding special treatment because ya know, they are so hard core.

This mentality isn't limited to AG REM's either, you see it in all the people demanding "hard challenging content!", that when dissected ends up being them asking for content that only they can clear so as to get some sort of exclusive item for status out of it. It has absolutely nothing to do with difficulty as these same people would find the easiest, cheesiest way of quickly farming it. Instead it's about the shiny item that gets dropped and their ability to show it off as a sign of how awesome they are.

Which is why I say that anyone having this mentality needs to step away from the game for awhile. It's not healthy to seek self validation from this type of video game.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-12-19 02:50:04  
Asura.Saevel said: »
you see it in all the people demanding "hard challenging content!".....

Which is why I say that anyone having this mentality needs to step away from the game for awhile. It's not healthy to seek self validation from this type of video game.

I think you've gone way too far to label players enjoy challenging game content. Please stop. Sometimes I wonder if it's YOU that's seeking validation from a video game, since you're the one who kept bringing up self-esteem and real life validation talk in this thread over and over, when nobody else even mention it.

I play the game for fun, I think spending a lot of time/effort to work on my char and see my char making progress in MMO is fun(which was the point Protey was making). I don't think spending more time than everyone else and get the less out of it is fun. That's the reason why I think SE should keep AG/REM exclusive and never change the requirement. It really has nothing to do with the lack of validation from rl.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-19 04:01:10  
Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
There are no plans to allow characters to reach the maximum skill level for every type of craft.

The reason for this decision falls on two key points:

• There are a large amount of players that use multiple characters that each have different synthesis masteries, and the impact on these players would be very large.

• There would be a large amount of text and other aspects that would need to be revamped to adjust for the removal of skill caps.

While the first reason is an important decision making factor, it's the second reason that is the larger of the two.

Quote:
Getting straight to the point: we will not be able to make it so the Astral Cube works on all objects throughout Vana’diel.

Addressing this would open up a risk that when a player logs out while sitting on an object and then logs back in, they would be unable to move. We’d also have to redesign the maps throughout the game from scratch if we wanted to address this for only certain locations, which isn’t a realistic task.

While you can't get 110 in all crafts, you can get expert in them:

[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-19 07:27:08  
How did you do that? Shouldn't they be Artisan?
By Draylo 2015-12-19 08:03:17  

His attitude can be summed up on the statement of "If everyone glows then nobody glows". Essentially if everyone has something, then that something is no longer exclusive and "special". There are only a few ways to make something exclusive and still act as a status symbol, either make it a one time random handout or make the requirements so obnoxious that most players would just "nope". That last part is where Draylo and his folks are wishing things to be more difficult, though they won't come out and say it directly. SE has already stated why they are making it a single path, they wish to conserve developer time to work on content. This wasn't good enough for that group, they are demanding special treatment because ya know, they are so hard core.

This mentality isn't limited to AG REM's either, you see it in all the people demanding "hard challenging content!", that when dissected ends up being them asking for content that only they can clear so as to get some sort of exclusive item for status out of it. It has absolutely nothing to do with difficulty as these same people would find the easiest, cheesiest way of quickly farming it. Instead it's about the shiny item that gets dropped and their ability to show it off as a sign of how awesome they are.

You are reading way into it there Mr. psychologist. Save yourself the effort and just stop lol. Last I saw you tried to show off your glowing weapon from Escha when it first came out so don't act like its some subhuman denomination of the game that tries to show off certain gear they achieved that is considered rare. It's not uncommon in RL and certainly not in-game. People do it ALL the time, ask anyone who got a Tartarus Platemail if they didn't lockstyle that ***instantly and sat in town? Just because its something you don't have you are trying to shame me and others for liking to have rare gear lol.

I want the trials to be separate, not have everyone else be penalized because I created one and make it harder on them. The current way the system is, nobody wins. The AG users who created the AG for vanity or rare item/status symbol lose because their investment will be made *** (and lets not pretend that it isn't a lot of gil, even these days.) The current REM owners lose because now they are forced to expend more effort for a lazy dev decision and for a glow they never wanted in the first place.
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2015-12-19 08:24:31  
Can't take any of this seriously without thinking of everyone becoming Smith at the end of the Matrix.

[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-12-19 09:27:39  
SoA story spoiler
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2015-12-19 09:39:00  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Can't take any of this seriously without thinking of everyone becoming Smith at the end of the Matrix.

I can guarantee you this ends the same way The Matrix trilogy ended: walking away, shaking your head with a silent "wew".
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-19 10:36:35  
leo said: »
SoA story spoiler
It's in the KI description for the 7th Aged Naakual Crest, too.

As far as the RME upgrades go, the only thing I think would be truly *** is if it required fighting enemies that you would never melee due to their extreme evasion.
By Clinpachi 2015-12-19 11:27:01  
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Quote:
There are no plans to allow characters to reach the maximum skill level for every type of craft.

• There are a large amount of players that use multiple characters that each have different synthesis masteries, and the impact on these players would be very large.

• There would be a large amount of text and other aspects that would need to be revamped to adjust for the removal of skill caps.

While the first reason is an important decision making factor, it's the second reason that is the larger of the two.

Quote:
Getting straight to the point: we will not be able to make it so the Astral Cube works on all objects throughout Vana’diel.

Addressing this would open up a risk that when a player logs out while sitting on an object and then logs back in, they would be unable to move. We’d also have to redesign the maps throughout the game from scratch if we wanted to address this for only certain locations, which isn’t a realistic task.

While you can't get 110 in all crafts, you can get expert in them:

Hold the phone, I didn't know this x_x; How?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-12-19 11:33:35  
He probably leveled all of them up to Expert individually and then deleveled them back down to 70...
By Clinpachi 2015-12-19 11:38:32  
Sweet jesus screw that. Hat is off to you if that's the case lol.
By Draylo 2015-12-19 11:41:01  
If you do a synth that you can skill on, won't it lower a craft ?
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-12-19 11:54:42  
Yes but it doesn't lower your rank
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-19 14:20:52  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
He probably leveled all of them up to Expert individually and then deleveled them back down to 70...

This is correct. If you just level up the next craft and don't talk to the guild master to lock your other crafts to 70 cap, you will retain the higher tier titles. It's kind of cool looking in my 2nd story mog house to have wall to wall crafting stalls from all crafts. Maybe I'll post a pic of that too.
[+]
 Asura.Loire
サーバ: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-12-19 14:46:11  

Piling all the end game playerbase into that category that only a select few vocal natenn-esque players are part of is just naive. There has been more battle content tossed at us over the last few years in shorter periods of time then we ever had in the past so the bulk of what is fun about these fights is actually now figuring out the mechanics to abuse or streamline strategies, either as community because it is highly obscure (vagary perf and pluton) or on your own groups mechanics for jobs, bst strat, mb strat, dd/rng strat. To say it is for exclusive items is laughable, either its an obscene drop rate or it is outdated on the next major gear creep. The players that wanted the feeling of being superior because of their armadaberk have long stopped playing or can't form the groups to take down the current most difficult content. Any that stuck around for the challenge are going to be comfortable that their kc is ***now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-12-19 14:51:02  
Quote:

Time to start crafting mule. Dammit. I could have sworn a few months ago I saw SE post they were considering uncapping the crafts.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-12-19 15:06:31  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Quote:

Time to start crafting mule. Dammit. I could have sworn a few months ago I saw SE post they were considering uncapping the crafts.

They did say that. They changed their minds.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2015-12-20 15:56:21  
Leviathan.Protey said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Quote:

They did say that. They changed their minds.

So not going crazy, thanks. Just SE going back on their "word", if an internet announcement can be classified as one's "word" lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2015-12-20 16:40:46  
I'm a bit confused about "There would be a large amount of text and other aspects that would need to be revamped to adjust for the removal of skill caps." My highest skill is 50, yet I don't understand how simply raising a number limit in the code would conflict with everything?
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2015-12-20 16:59:29  
$ is what it boils down to. All those crafting mules cost players money which goes into SE's pockets.
[+]
 Phoenix.Syto
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Sessho
By Phoenix.Syto 2015-12-20 19:29:20  
The numbers are significant. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something as large as 10-20% of the total account population is an alternate account with some kind of alternate craft. That percentage translates to quite a huge number at this game's stage of life. Can SE afford that loss now? Now that is the trivial/controversial question to be explored.

They are really sensitive to losing the population as they announced a bit more content extension updates further into the year. Who knows? I personally think they can afford the loss, but they just would rather not go that route so soon. Everyone hates to say goodbye to money. Even a lot of the richer class.
[+]
 Sylph.Parshias
user: Parshias
By Sylph.Parshias 2015-12-20 20:02:29  
Phoenix.Syto said: »
The numbers are significant. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something as large as 10-20% of the total account population is an alternate account with some kind of alternate craft. That percentage translates to quite a huge number at this game's stage of life. Can SE afford that loss now? Now that is the trivial/controversial question to be explored.

They are really sensitive to losing the population as they announced a bit more content extension updates further into the year. Who knows? I personally think they can afford the loss, but they just would rather not go that route so soon. Everyone hates to say goodbye to money. Even a lot of the richer class.

Why would changing the level caps on crafting affect anyone's subscription who already has mules with crafts leveled?

If you have a mule with Bonework at 110 and your main with Goldsmithing at 110 and they uncap the crafts, are you really going to spend the time and money leveling Bonecraft to 110 on your main just so you can delete your mule and save a dollar a month?
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 201 202 203