サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-03-03 10:04:37  
Taken from BG:

Quote:
Acumen, Fend (2016/3/3)

Greetings,

Based on reports we received regarding certain geomancy spells, we took a look at the effect values. After investigation, we discovered the effects for Indi-Acumen, Indi-Fend, Geo-Acumen, and Geo-Fend were higher than the values we have originally expected. The correct values can be found in this post.

We have considered several ways to address this; however, we have decided to adjust the values to follow our the originally designed value. We’re planning to address this in the next version update.

Adoulin Mission Necklaces (2016/3/3)

I want to exchange the necklace reward from the Adoulin Missions.
We apologize for the late response to this issue. Currently we have two issues regarding this matter.
First is that these items are closely related to the Adoulin Missions, which have many variable states for us to examine.
Second is that we allowed these items to have very high stats because of their restriction to Reive areas, so we must discuss any possible cost for switching these items before moving forward.
We don’t have a specific date yet, but once we’ve cleared the above two issues, we will report back to you.

Voidwatch (2016/3/3)

We have noted the feedback of many players involving difficult-to-obtain items like Heavy Metal Plates. As mentioned before, due to the core design philosophy behind Voidwatch, we have no plans on increasing the drop rate. However, we are thinking of making the following changes.

-Make it possible to start a battle using the Voidstones stocked on the NPC “Voidwatch Officer”
We wish to make it possible to use the Voidstones on the NPC “Voidwatch Officer” to start a battle, consuming one per battle. As before, you will still be able to start battles using the Voidstones on your character. If your character has no Voidstones in stock, you will not be eligible for treasure, and you will be unable to initiate battles.

-Make “Cell” items have 3 times the effect
As we mentioned before, there are some issues with making these items stack to 99, so in place of this change, we wish to make it so that using a single cell will max out the alignment of the respective color.

We hope by doing this, the content will be easier to access than before. The weakness and alignment system will stay as-is for now, but during the campaign scheduled for April, we will be observing the situation and revisiting these adjustments if necessary.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-03-03 10:10:38  
Meh. I thought Camate posted that they were looking into new venues for dropping HMP and stuff.

:<
By dustinfoley 2016-03-03 10:33:37  
So instead of 150% red you start with 450/500 for alignments?

Interesting but even on the capped allignment events drop rate still sucks. Not sure whats so hard to understand here.
 Asura.Loire
サーバ: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2016-03-03 11:00:52  
dustinfoley said: »
So instead of 150% red you start with 450/500 for alignments?

Interesting but even on the capped allignment events drop rate still sucks. Not sure whats so hard to understand here.
One cell gives the value of three cells. Doesn't read like they will increase the max value of starting lights letting you use three cells of the new value.
By dustinfoley 2016-03-03 11:05:13  
O so you still cap at 150% from cells...lizame and less than helpful still....
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-03-03 11:05:24  
Dio I read that good? Are they nerfing acumen and fend?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2016-03-03 11:10:07  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Dio I read that good? Are they nerfing acumen and fend?

yes...

Here is the post bringing more info on the nerf

Quote:
It looks like the values listed for acumen are off, it should be 30/45 (dunna/idris) at 900 skill but is coming out to be 38/54 and they plan to fix it in the next update.

Sorry if my translation is off but that was my take home.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2016-03-06 09:45:45  
I really hope they do wildskeeper campaign plus again for another week. In asura if you are quick u can catch the train and the morimar foret ceizak cycle is like 6 minutes done. Can obtain all the HP Baylds needed for Ergon weapons in 2 weeks lol
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-07 03:55:09  
Welp new Login campaign and the interesting part for me is the 2k Jeuno VWNM upgrade items. If they don't have a VW campaign, even though I believe they will, I at least have a way to get Pil's Tuile's, been wanting to upgrade BLU relic and been to lazy to proc Pil and too cheap to pay AH price.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-03-07 05:21:17  
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
I really hope they do wildskeeper campaign plus again for another week. In asura if you are quick u can catch the train and the morimar foret ceizak cycle is like 6 minutes done. Can obtain all the HP Baylds needed for Ergon weapons in 2 weeks lol
Wishful thinking.
A WKR plus is out of question. No way they're gonna allow for a second week of 4x HP bayld drop.
Another week of WKR simple (2x HP bayld drop) is possible instead, I could see that happening.

Even with 2 weeks of PLUS campaign no way you're gonna complete an Ergon weapon just from the HP Bayld you get as your direct drop (and those you get indirectly through bayld>HPbayld conversion).
Unless you play 24/7 and have multiple mules of course, in that case it might just be possible I guess, but managing multiple toons in a scenario where you have to zone in, check multiple "Yes/No" boxes on multiple characters and have to get credit on the boss that usually dies within 60 seconds, well I dunno, I think it gets harder to do it realistically the more toons you have.
With 3 total toons I can see that happening I guess.

Personally I played the PLUS campaign several hours every day and I'm almost done with my Ergon, but 90% of my HP bayld came from cheap bazaar and kind players willing to sell.
The amount I farmed myself directly is a nice addition but pretty absymal by itself, compared to the total grand amount of 13.099
[+]
 Sylph.Ice
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-03-07 05:44:51  
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Wishful thinking.
A WKR plus is out of question. No way they're gonna allow for a second week of 4x HP bayld drop.
Another week of WKR simple (2x HP bayld drop) is possible instead, I could see that happening.

Even with 2 weeks of PLUS campaign no way you're gonna complete an Ergon weapon just from the HP Bayld you get as your direct drop (and those you get indirectly through bayld>HPbayld conversion).
Unless you play 24/7 and have multiple mules of course, in that case it might just be possible I guess, but managing multiple toons in a scenario where you have to zone in, check multiple "Yes/No" boxes on multiple characters and have to get credit on the boss that usually dies within 60 seconds, well I dunno, I think it gets harder to do it realistically the more toons you have.
With 3 total toons I can see that happening I guess.

Personally I played the PLUS campaign several hours every day and I'm almost done with my Ergon, but 90% of my HP bayld came from cheap bazaar and kind players willing to sell.
The amount I farmed myself directly is a nice addition but pretty absymal by itself, compared to the total grand amount of 13.099

Can confirm. Managing 3 characters between all the zoning/HP menus/clicking the ??? To enter the WKR gets very old very fast. On top of that, add the inventory management and it gets dumb when a standard rotation on Sylph (low population server) is around 5 minutes for all 3. Granted, if you can get all your characters in quick and do enough damage its worth it obviously.
[+]
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2016-03-07 05:48:36  
You'd have to play a lot or run multiple characters to do it in 2 weeks. I wasn't running at optimum but I did only have to focus on one character and I averaged just over 100 HP Bayld an hour in most of my stints this week.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-03-07 06:04:41  
Think I was around 100 hp bayld an hour myself.
Bit more, bit less according to my breaks etc, but around that.

You'd have to play over 10hrs a day for 2 weeks to get enough for a single Ergon just from your own farming without spending a penny.
I can see some individuals able to pull that off, but at the same time I wouldn't really say that's something an average human being can do without going insane...
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-03-07 06:08:21  
You'd have to play over 100hrs a day for 2 weeks to get enough...

...I can see some individuals able to pull that off.

100hr/day, eh? How's that work? ;)

Edit: awh, it's fixed :p
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-03-07 10:20:15  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Welp new Login campaign and the interesting part for me is the 2k Jeuno VWNM upgrade items. If they don't have a VW campaign, even though I believe they will, I at least have a way to get Pil's Tuile's, been wanting to upgrade BLU relic and been to lazy to proc Pil and too cheap to pay AH price.

Read my mind precisely. Also, Incoming VW mats price drop. Hold off on buying them until This Saturday ^^, as I'm pretty confident It will be VW tomorrow.

My biggest issue with the above changes to VW stones consuming from the NPC instead of the character itself is the fact that some Planar Rifts may never become open for use. What's to stop one player from spamming a VW rift all day long? Would mean they would either have to increase the amount of rifts per zone or put some kind of cooldown so players can't abuse the system. Though, I'd love to not have to travel (could probably solo al the HMPs for one weapon in a single week).

As far as this campaign goes, I am kind of hoping they extend it, or bring it back again. It's great to have something to doevery week, but on some occasions, there is literally so much ***going on that I can't decide what to do. Shouts, CP, Levi VD, WKR spam. Its like, choose money, choose completing your weapon/character, or choose CP. Its almost as if you have to choose what to do but unmistakably miss out on others. Still an awesome event (just keep double CP going indefinitely please).
 Shiva.Zykei
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2016-03-07 11:29:45  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Read my mind precisely. Also, Incoming VW mats price drop. Hold off on buying them until This Saturday ^^, as I'm pretty confident It will be VW tomorrow.

My biggest issue with the above changes to VW stones consuming from the NPC instead of the character itself is the fact that some Planar Rifts may never become open for use. What's to stop one player from spamming a VW rift all day long? Would mean they would either have to increase the amount of rifts per zone or put some kind of cooldown so players can't abuse the system. Though, I'd love to not have to travel (could probably solo al the HMPs for one weapon in a single week).

As far as this campaign goes, I am kind of hoping they extend it, or bring it back again. It's great to have something to doevery week, but on some occasions, there is literally so much ***going on that I can't decide what to do. Shouts, CP, Levi VD, WKR spam. Its like, choose money, choose completing your weapon/character, or choose CP. Its almost as if you have to choose what to do but unmistakably miss out on others. Still an awesome event (just keep double CP going indefinitely please).

Maybe try teaming up? Not like you're fighting against each other for loot or anything :|
[+]
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-03-07 11:47:11  

Only in asura do we have that many options of stuff to do. Maybe Odin too but that's it. I wanted to join the tenzen VD shout but then wildskeeper spam seems just safe way to farm fast HP Baylds.

What's best way to make Gil during these campaigns.

Wildskeeper spam: 1 stack per hour or close to it.
High tier battlefields: tenzen is death before mighty guards runs out lol can do 7 plus merit farm around an hour.

Battlefields might pull in more if get more plutons plus beit instead of boulders.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-03-07 11:50:43  
Quote:
Maybe try teaming up? Not like you're fighting against each other for loot or anything :|

Tell that to the JPs that say {I'm sorry}{I don't speak any English}.

That said, I still like this change.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-03-07 12:06:14  
Shiva.Zykei said: »

6/10 times, teaming up is great. But what's really kind of irritating is having to wait for people to clear their VW treasure. When you're all about maximizing your time at a rift, you don't have time to be waiting for afk/full inventory woes. In some cases, people prefer to solo it because they can do so expeditiously without any hassle from others.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-03-08 13:22:32  
No VW ; ;
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-08 13:30:33  
No VW ; ;
I wouldn't count on it during the Rainbow event since--
Quote:
Voidwatch (2016/3/3)

The weakness and alignment system will stay as-is for now, but during the campaign scheduled for April, we will be observing the situation and revisiting these adjustments if necessary.
By Pantafernando 2016-03-11 16:04:12  
Quote:
Gamepad with Windows®

For those switching migrating to the Windows® version of FINAL FANTASY XI from the PlayStation®2 or Xbox 360® version, don’t forget that you can continue to use your gamepad by following these simple steps.

Direct Input Controllers

1. Connect your gamepad to your PC and install the appropriate drivers.
* Refer to the instructions provided by your gamepad manufacturer for information on installing the drivers.

2. Open up the FINAL FANTASY XI Config tool.
* The location of the config tool may vary depending on your system.

One common location for the config tool is All Programs – PlayOnline - FINAL FANTASY XI - FINAL FANTASY XI Config

3. From the General tab, click “Gamepad Settings.”

4. Make sure the box next to “Enable XInput” is not checked.
Click image for larger version

5. Assign the buttons however you desire.

XInput Conectollers

1. Install DirectX End User Runtime from the Microsoft website.

2. Connect your gamepad to your PC and install the appropriate drivers.
* Refer to the instructions provided by your gamepad manufacturer for information on installing the drivers.

3. Open up the FINAL FANTASY XI Config tool.
* The location of the config tool may vary depending on your system.

One common location for the config tool is All Programs – PlayOnline - FINAL FANTASY XI - FINAL FANTASY XI Config

4. From the General tab, click “Gamepad Settings.”

5. Check the box for “Enable XInput” and uncheck “Enable slider.”
Click image for larger version

6. Assign the buttons however you desire.

* For further details, refer to the manual “FFXiPadConfig.chm,” located in Program Files (x86\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI.

Errors with particular gamepads

As of March 11, 2016, there is a bug wherein using certain gamepads while in windowed mode will cause the game to crash when the game is no longer the active window. This issue will sometimes be resolved by placing a check mark in the box for “Enable gamepad when game is inactive.”
By Pantafernando 2016-03-16 17:56:49  
Quote:
Announcing the Vana'diel Reentry Campaign! (03/16/2016)

Enjoy playing FINAL FANTASY XI for free through the campaign period. If you were experiencing FINAL FANTASY XI on the PlayStation®2 or Xbox 360® platforms, now's the perfect opportunity to migrate to the Windows® version!

Campaign Period
Friday, March 25, 2016 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Tuesday, March 29 at the same hour.

Read on for details.

Don't miss this chance to switch from the PlayStation®2 or Xbox 360®, versions to the Windows® version!
Read on for details on migrating your account.

* After PlayStation®2 and Xbox 360® service terminates on March 31, 2016, it will no longer be possible to retrieve data such as screenshots, macros, equipment sets, and map markers stored on your console. We strongly recommend that you transfer your data in advance.
By Draylo 2016-03-18 03:21:15  
Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update!

The next version update is scheduled for early April.

Enjoy a variety of additions and new ways to enjoy FINAL FANTASY XI, including new battle content known as ambuscade, a new method of transportation known as mounts, and alter ego emotion linking.

We are also making progress on implementing a second Mog Wardrobe, and we hope you're looking forward to enjoying it as much as we're looking forward to bringing it to you.

New battle content known as Ambuscade, can we just pretend that the March announcement didn't happen at this point? lol
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-03-18 03:30:24  
"Alter ego emotion linking"... I hope it means what I think it means.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-03-18 03:36:59  
"We are also making progress on implementing a second Mog Wardrobe, and we hope you're looking forward to enjoying it as much as we're looking forward to bringing it to you."

This makes it sound like it won't be ready for the april patch?
Please, pretty please, nooo :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-03-18 04:02:10  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Gambit-like system? I hope so (as does everyone else)

I would like to see something similar to MMM system where you would set pieces of behaviour patterns in different shapes etc. to make combinations for more specific behaviours that have multiple conditions to kick in. I bet they would go with a much much simpler system though.
 Sylph.Nimlith
user: Nimlith
By Sylph.Nimlith 2016-03-18 05:45:46  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

I hope it's not something lame like when you /wave they do too.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-18 06:11:04  
The new content certainly intrigues me, the area looks like Legion and when was the last time SE introduced an event where the gear wasn't instantly useful?

Hell maybe it'll also be a new source of upgrade materials.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-03-18 06:13:45  
"We are also making progress on implementing a second Mog Wardrobe, and we hope you're looking forward to enjoying it as much as we're looking forward to bringing it to you."

This makes it sound like it won't be ready for the april patch?
Please, pretty please, nooo :(
The last digest they mentioned having technical issues with the mounts; so if that's been dealt with in time, I'm confident that wardrobe2 will be ready.
Namely cause it's just copypaste coding and the only "new" thing is wanting to change pack loading order when a character zones.
(Which shouldn't be too hard if they know where that's coded at.)

There's also a possibility that the mount issue was console only and their fixing any bugs was just to say "screw the consoles" since they're terminated in a few days.
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 201 202 203