日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 201 202 203
By Pantafernando 2016-03-28 18:15:54  
Quote:
Hello, everyone!

While there has already been some information announced about what's coming in the April version update, there will of course be some quality of life adjustments.
One of these is the addition of text commands to toggle the background music and sound effects on/off.

More news is on the way, so stay tuned!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-03-28 18:17:34  
Quote:
Coming Soon: The Spring Alter Ego Extravaganza! (03/28/2016)

The Spring Alter Ego Extravaganza will be coming to FINAL FANTASY XI on Friday, April 1-and that's no joke! If you missed out on the following alter egos the first time around, now's your chance to get their ciphers!

Qultada
Adelheid
Amchuchu
Sakura
Ovjang
Mnejing
Rahal
Koru-Moru
Cid

Extravaganza Period: Friday, April 1 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Saturday, April 30 at 7:59 a.m.

Read on for information on how to obtain the corresponding ciphers.

(http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/38761?p=537439#post537439)
By Pantafernando 2016-03-29 03:52:48  
Quote:
Announcing the April Version Update (03/29/2016)

The next version update is scheduled for Tuesday, April 5.

Read on for a list of additions and adjustments.

Quote:
Announcing the April Version Update

Dearest adventurers,
Matsui here, with a little bit of information on what the version update scheduled for April 5 has in store. There are two major elements I’d like to introduce to you: Ambuscade and mounts.

Ambuscade
Ambuscade is a new type of battle content in which the enemies within change every version update. Given that the entrance to Ambuscade is via Mhaura, it should be a breeze for any adventurer to find their way there. The item required for entry will not be consumed even if the battle is lost, so we expect that it should be relatively easy to participate.

In addition, Ambuscade has a variety of difficulty levels, so everyone from seasoned veterans to those just starting out should find one that matches their needs. Those wishing to tackle the strongest foes are advised to select “Very Difficult” and be prepared for a valiant struggle!

Even if you’re not the type to try battle content at its most challenging, you’ll be able to eventually earn the rewards from Ambuscade if you keep working at it, making the content truly accessible for all.

Mounts
Ever get tired of riding your faithful chocobo around and wish you could traverse the world on something completely different? In the April version update, you’ll be able to do just that with a new mount system! The initial quest will provide you with your very own raptor mount, and we plan to introduce further mounts through version updates, campaigns, and perhaps other activities as well.

In addition to the above additions, you’ll be able to synchronize alter ego emotes to your own, enjoy a more convenient way to participate in Voidwatch, try your hand against domain invasion NMs more frequently with decreased respawn times, and store even more goods in a second Mog Wardrobe.

More detailed information about the April version update can be found in the table below. Bear in mind that some of these items are still undergoing testing, so last-minute issues may prevent some of them from making the update.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50206

• Mission and Quest-related

Ambuscade Create new text | Create new events
Mount Create new text | Create new events
Repeat Login Campaign Create new items

• Content and System-related

Ambuscade Create new nortorious monsters
Records of Eminence Create new objectives
Domain Invasion Adjustment to battle balance
Voidwatch Adding option to consume voidstone from stock | Adjustment to ascent items
Legion Adjustment to nororious monster level
Trust Linking emotion
Text Command Addition of new commands
Auto-Translate Addition of new vocabulary

• Battle-related

White Mage Adjustments to help text for job point items
Geomancer Adjustments to geomancer spell effects

• Item-related

Ambuscade Create reward items
Mount Create new items
Synthesis Create new receipes

• UI-related

Storage Addition of Mog Wardrobe 2
Storage Making reading process into a two-step process
Title Addition of new titles
 Odin.Pixter
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Pixter
By Odin.Pixter 2016-03-29 05:03:01  
BEST THING EVER:

Storage Addition of Mog Wardrobe 2
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-03-29 05:07:57  
So we finally get new things to ride, just when nobody actually goes anywhere on foot lol.

Also Wardrobe 2, best thing ever!
By ibm2431 2016-03-29 05:46:09  
And here comes the previously mentioned GEO nerf!

Oh sure, it's only 8 MAB. "We didn't intend for it to be that high." But that's how it starts! It'll just be a little bit every update, until eventually our bubbles have a diameter of 3 yalms and only last 30 seconds!

..Okay, so some NMs already make us recast our luopan every 30 seconds. But still! We must fight the power! Raise your bells and demand no more nerfs in 2016!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-03-29 06:18:14  
Just hope they give up their idea of making bubbles resistable, and we'll be fine.

They need to do something about BRD though, and I mean something basic for the core job itself, not something hidden behind another legendary weapons. BRD already have 3 (arguably 4) to get, it's way too much stress on BRD players already.

Not sure what they could do. A new song for mages maybe, making so songs are undispellable under certain circumstances, stuff like that.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-03-29 06:39:18  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Just hope they give up their idea of making bubbles resistable, and we'll be fine.

They need to do something about BRD though, and I mean something basic for the core job itself, not something hidden behind another legendary weapons. BRD already have 3 (arguably 4) to get, it's way too much stress on BRD players already.

Not sure what they could do. A new song for mages maybe, making so songs are undispellable under certain circumstances, stuff like that.

Every time I take on a new job there's an adjustment of some sort. I guess they need to nerf all the new idris geos after handing out HP Baylds during the wildskeeper campaign. Good thing I didn't turn them in my 6000 supply yet.

My 4 Song bard is collecting dust. It's a damn tedious Job to play as it is. They need to up a tier and combine ghorn and daurabla in one so we don't need to sing on Daurabla and overwrite songs on ghorn.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-03-29 08:09:07  
I don't understand this need of SE to add in these weird little things that I see no one asking for.

Synchronized emotes with your trusts? Isn't that just a waste of development time and resources?

=_=
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-03-29 08:21:01  
Where is my damn VW event!
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-03-29 08:25:02  
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
I don't understand this need of SE to add in these weird little things that I see no one asking for.

Synchronized emotes with your trusts? Isn't that just a waste of development time and resources?

=_=

Depends on how complex it is to do. Both here and in my day job, I use the end of the development cycle to try and cram as many low hanging fruit items into a release as possible, because if it takes me an hour and makes a couple people happier with the results, that's usually a good investment.

Syncronized emotes probably isn't that hard; Trusts already get events for all sorts of actions you take (hitting a mob, putting your weapons away, etc), so adding an extra handler for emotes likely isn't a big deal.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-03-29 08:34:06  
Rooks said: »

=_=

Depends on how complex it is to do. Both here and in my day job, I use the end of the development cycle to try and cram as many low hanging fruit items into a release as possible, because if it takes me an hour and makes a couple people happier with the results, that's usually a good investment.

Syncronized emotes probably isn't that hard; Trusts already get events for all sorts of actions you take (hitting a mob, putting your weapons away, etc), so adding an extra handler for emotes likely isn't a big deal.

Hmmmm I guess I never thought about it that way. :}
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-03-29 08:38:07  

Hmmmm I guess I never thought about it that way. :}

Well, being Square, it's entirely possible they spent a month on it, so I wouldn't rule out the outrage just yet
[+]
By ibm2431 2016-03-29 08:45:47  
It's also possible they're something a developer does to look busy when they're not able to work on/finish anything else that update.

"A-San, what are you doing while B-San and C-San are working on the new battle content?

"Uhm... I'm adding... err... 'trust emotion linking!'"

"Oh, that sounds great! Keep up the good work!"
[+]
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-03-29 09:17:56  
Odin.Slore said: »
Where is my damn VW event!

Any event* ._.;

Rainbow Campaign spoiled me. First week in almost two months straight that there's nothing special going on.

Speaking of, the description for Ambuscade kinda makes me think it's going to be utilized in a similar fashion to campaigns. They can add/rotate fights on a monthly-ish basis, giving a window of opportunity to get whatever drops are available, like some Trusts are now.
By Monko 2016-03-29 10:09:03  
Quote:
Voidwatch Adding option to consume voidstone from stock
Adjustment to ascent items

I swear if they lower the plates/dross/cinder needed for upgrade 1 month after I finally finish my 119 Empyrean I'll murder someone.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-03-29 10:10:48  
That note refers to them changing the cells to give +150% each and limiting them to 1 per fight, instead of +50% with a limit of 3.
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2016-03-29 10:16:15  

That will still be useful for voidwatch. If august can mimic /fume

Hope he completed RoV missions though :)
[+]
By Monko 2016-03-29 10:20:26  
Odin.Geriond said: »
That note refers to them changing the cells to give +150% each and limiting them to 1 per fight, instead of +50% with a limit of 3.

Okay, much better! Thanks for the clarification :)
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2016-03-29 11:30:22  
Asura.Neufko said: »

That will still be useful for voidwatch. If august can mimic /fume

Hope he completed RoV missions though :)

I never even thought about that, but that's probably the main reason they did this. It seems like SE wanted to make VW easier/more accessible to everyone outside of the VW event, so this change ties in well with the other VW changes.

It should make soloing/low-manning VW with a trust tank easier now, since you can change procs without having to take hate yourself.
By Takisan 2016-03-30 16:50:52  
Pantafernando said: »
Quote:
[dev1304] Mounts

• A new type of transportation, mounts, will be added.

This is going to be GREAT seeing how EVERYONE nowadays uses a chocobo to get around...
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-30 16:55:50  
Takisan said: »
This is going to be GREAT seeing how EVERYONE nowadays uses a chocobo to get around...
If they expand the number of places you can call a chocobo/mount and give us a means of activating them like every 10 min, then it could be pretty nice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-03-30 17:08:44  
But really we just Tele-point to anything these days. It seems like something that would be attractive to a new player or someone starting a mule from scratch.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-30 23:06:12  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Takisan said: »
If they expand the number of places you can call a chocobo/mount and give us a means of activating them like every 10 min, then it could be pretty nice.

Hell I want an item that lets me call my mount anytime in any non-dungeon / non-battlefield location.

That is a pretty standard feature in more modern MMO's, so I'm hoping SE gets with the program.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-03-31 01:29:53  
I'm pretty sure he meant "anytime" literally. Why attach riding a mount to an item or stables? Just get up an go as quickly as you could use Flee or Mazurka.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-31 01:40:59  
Bigger issue is arguably the fact that you can't call your chocobo in most relevant areas nowadays.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-03-31 04:36:17  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I'm pretty sure he meant "anytime" literally. Why attach riding a mount to an item or stables? Just get up an go as quickly as you could use Flee or Mazurka.

No reason not to, provided you don't have aggro on something. Treat it the same as trusts, you can't summon your mount if someone this chasing you, otherwise your free to mount up and take off. All overland area's should be treated this way.
By Takisan 2016-03-31 07:41:28  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Bigger issue is arguably the fact that you can't call your chocobo in most relevant areas nowadays.

*Takisan logs on.*
*Takisan enters Reisenjima.*
*Takisan calls the new raptor mount.*
*Takisan uses the raptor mount to go to all the Ethereal Ingress locations that Takisan already has access to.*
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-03-31 08:38:30  
New mounts is a pointless discussion since nobody goes anywhere on foot these days, you can teleport to pretty much everywhere you want to go. I mean sure, they`ll be useful for someone who doesn't have all the warps yet, but once they do, no more walking or using of mounts.
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 201 202 203