users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - news, discussions
Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 201 202 203
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2016-04-08 13:54:19  
The fact that they just copy/pasted the entire list of items rather than going through and checking which ones are easily gotten through sparks effectually doesn't matter. Excluding those wouldn't have gotten additional items placed on the list in their place.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-04-08 15:00:00  
You'd be surprised how many people don't realize basic stuff is on the sparks npc. We have people shout all the time on Asura for relic upgrade weapons and other random useful quest weapons that happen to be on sparks npc. I use to go run to the npc sparks and buy it then sell it to them for whatever dumb reward price they had been shouting but now I just send a tell telling them to go to the sparks npc.

SE probably decided it was just best to add all so they didn't hear complaining to add every JSE weapon to login points for the people that don't know its already on sparks.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-04-11 08:18:13  
goofy question but is the voidstone pulling from stock thing automatic? I read somewhere where you had to talk to a vw person to do this but none have anything new on them.
 Sylph.Staleyx
サーバ: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2016-04-11 08:28:43  
Go to "Ask a bunch of questions" Its under there.
By Pantafernando 2016-04-12 17:29:00  
Quote:
Freshly Picked Vana'diel 25 Digest

Greetings,

To coincide with the April 2016 version update, Producer Akihiko Matsui held another "Freshly Picked Vana'diel" to go over some of the new content and discuss other topics pertinent to adventuring. The following is a digest of what was discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post

Hello. Matsui here.
Thanks for tuning into Freshly Picked Vana’diel 25, which focused around delivering various information about the April version update

For those who were unable to watch the broadcast, I’ve compiled a digest of what was discussed if you would like to catch up.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Announcement regarding the change of the director

As of April 1, Ito will be leaving the project, and Fujito will be taking over the role of director. We’ll continue developing the world of Vana’diel with this new team structure.

Freshly picked

This segment focused on specific aspects of the April version update that I felt should be communicated, so with that said, I would like to talk about Ambuscade and mounts.

• Battle content: Ambuscade

I challenged Ambuscade along with director Fujito, and I had intended to go about doing in the following way.

• Enter into Intense Ambuscade’s normal mode based on the survey held.
    • Show off a super close loss at the end of a difficult battle in order to rouse the adventuring spirit in our seasoned adventurers.
    • Then let everyone know to be at ease, because if you select Ambuscade’s normal mode (the dragon battle), you’ll be able to win.
    • Select Ambuscade’s normal mode, and win gloriously.
    • And finally, show a wonderful performance in battle at a difficulty that matched my preference.

BUT… It turns out I forgot to turn off the invincibility debug setting, and I also didn’t have the Ambuscade Primer Volume Two key item. A lot of things didn’t go as planned, so I apologize to everyone who watched in real-time. I would have beaten the dragon too…

• Enhancement examples of job-specific capes

The video showed of an enhancement example of a job-specific cape prepared by Shirai from the marketing team. By using Abdhaljs Thread/Abdhaljs Dust/Abdhaljs Sap, it’s possible to make enhancements in stages. Ultimately, these can become the highest rank of equipment for the back equipment slot. Definitely give Ambuscade a try to obtain this equipment.

• Mounts

This is a brand-new transportation system that allows you to ride through fields while mounted on monsters. As long as you meet the requirements, you’ll be able to ride them anytime by selecting them from the main menu. We’re planning to expand the areas in which mounts can be ridden gradually in a future version update.

• Misc.

We also implemented the ability to link emotes with alter egos, a command to mute the background music and sound effects, Mog Wardrobe 2, and two tiers of item display. The two-tiered item display will prioritize loading items in your inventory and wardrobe, while the rest of the items in storage will be loaded afterwards. With this change, equipping armor and weapons as well as using items can be performed much quicker than before right after you change areas.

• The secret memos of Fortuna Shirai

This segment focused on promotional announcements, so I guess the secret memos aren’t so secret anymore.

The Egg Hunt seasonal event has just come to a conclusion as of today, but we are in the midst of two different campaigns, so please be sure to take advantage of the bonuses.

→The Spring Alter Ego Extravaganza
    →April 2016 Login Campaign *The campaign period has changed to Monday, April 11 at 8:00 a.m. (PDT).

Also, we setup a special page for shifting to the Windows version of FFXI, so if you are planning to make the move from PS2 and Xbox 360, please be sure to read it over.

Directly Picked Vana’diel & What If Vana’diel…

In this segment, we utilized the survey feature of Nico Nico Live Broadcasting to directly explain certain tidbits of knowledge that may be common knowledge to some, yet a mystery to others. We also explored aspects of Vana’diel that could have been!

Starting off with “What If Vana’diel…” first, there was a time that Siren was planned to be an avatar in Adoulin.

When the main scenario of Seekers of Adoulin was approaching the final chapter, we were closely working on the plot of Rhapsodies of Vana’diel at the same time, and from a story progression standpoint we just couldn’t add Siren to Adoulin.

After implementing Adoulin we did manage to add Cait Sith and Atomos as avatars, but this is not to say that it was a replacement.

Continuing on with the questions asked during Directly Picked Vana’diel.
Question 1: “What person is connected with Siren?”
Viewers answered with the following:

Sih Renaye: 44.9%
Rala Renaye: 18.9%
Ikhi Askamot: 16.9%
Arciela V Adoulin: 19.2%

The answer is “Sih Renaye.” Actually, this portion of the story was touched on previously a bit on the official site in the lore spotlight, Geomancers: Wielders of Nature’s Force.

Question 2: “How old was Arciela when her father, Ghalcimus, disappeared?”
Viewers answered with the following:

10: 29.6%
11: 39.1%
12: 23.7%
13: 7.6%

The answer is “13.” Arciela’s father, Ghalcimus, mysterious disappeared; however, he was actually carried off into the past, and during the Crystal War he earned fame under the name of Duskraven.

In the 879th year of the Crystal Era, Ghalcimus gathered knights with superior fighting skills from the Order of Adoulin, and set off on a campaign to explore the wilderness. After getting caught up in an unexplainable event, he was whisked away to a time in the past. He then took on the name Duskraven and played a role in the Crystal War as a mercenary. Legend has it that the Dusk Raiders he led were in fact the knights of the Order of Adoulin.

During the development of Wings of the Goddess, one of the plans we had for campaign NPCs were the twelve knights known as the Zodiac Soldiers. Of these, only Duskraven was implemented while the rest were cut, but “twelve” was a keyword that was used with the twelve orders of Adoulin.

Future plans

• Crystal storage NPC and food effect duration information

We’re planning to implement an NPC that will allow you to store crystals, as well as addition help text for food item effect duration. To start off, we will first be addressing popular foods such as sushi and items sold by the NPC “Curio Vendor Moogle.”

• Heading into the 14th anniversary of FFXI

While I can’t tell you all of the details just yet, we will be doing something special for the anniversary that is approaching. Naturally, we will be holding another Mog Bonanza as well.

• Future mounts

The next mount to be implemented was decided via survey on Nico Nico, and between a bomb mount and a crawler mount, the bomb mount won the popular vote.

The next version update is schedule to be implemented in May. I’ll see you again around then!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50377?s=d9ea77a0d55d2190bbea9f2fd274e91b&p=576107#post576107
 Phoenix.Gameesh
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2016-04-12 17:33:40  
A... bomb mount? Are you kidding me?
I mean, raptors and tigers already look too small compared to when a Galka rides on them, but I can't imagine how a bomb would look like.
Unless they implement a scaling mechanic (like with regular chocobo's!) this is going to be the dumbest thing to look at in a long while...
By Pantafernando 2016-04-15 03:35:47  
Quote:
Greetings, everyone.

The development team is still in the midst of testing and verifying improvements plans for Ambuscase, and while I can’t get into the nitty-gritty details just yet, I would like to share the general direction of the adjustments planned.

First up is registration for entering an instance. The aim of this is to regulate the traffic at the entrance to this content, which has currently become a bottle neck. This will guarantee parties or solo players access to the instance in the order in which they registered.

Additionally, we’re looking into increasing the benefits of challenging Ambuscade as a party to give more opportunities for a greater number of players to get involved with this content.

There have also been questions about the rewards, so I would like to address what I can in regards to this as well. In the next version update, we’re looking to make it possible to acquire items via methods other than Hallmarks. With this system, we are planning to make possible to re-acquire the Sulevia equipment that can be purchased currently. Furthermore, we’ll also be adding new items that can be purchased with Hallmarks. (Hallmarks is also a part of Ambuscade that will reset, so after the next version update it will be necessary to save them up again.)

While it will be possible to purchase job-specific capes each time after a reset, the limit is one for each job during each period. This will also reset with each version update.

Once we get closer to the version update I will make a follow-up with more details.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-04-19 03:16:56  
Lol they're shutting down LSC for good!
Poor thing never made it past a Beta phase that lasted 12 years.

And let's all not forget when the site went down and they "investigated" the problem for weeks lol.
>can create videogames for all platforms
>can't fix a webpage
that's SE for you.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-04-19 04:19:02  
Quote:
Notice Regarding Termination of the FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community Beta (04/19/2016)

The FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community Beta service will conclude on May 10, 2016.
We would like to thank all those who have used this tool over the past ten years. While we know this announcement will disappoint those who have utilized the service, we reached this decision in light of the site's usage over the past several years. Our efforts going forward will be placed into further development and operation of the game itself.
We hope you will continue to enjoy all that FINAL FANTASY XI has to offer.

Matsui Akihiko
Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-19 05:02:29  
So what does this mean for FFXIAH related information that is pulled from the LSC website?
 Bahamut.Scizor
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2016-04-19 05:09:18  
Sounds like it will have to reply on Guildwork, could they configure it to update other peoples equipment similar to how it pulls bazaar info through?

Not sure how feasible that is though
 Cerberus.Jiko
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2016-04-19 06:20:03  
Quote:
>>used this tool over the past ten years.
>> Our efforts going forward will be placed into further development and operation of the game itself.

>>Websites still in beta.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-19 06:35:50  
Bahamut.Scizor said: »
Sounds like it will have to reply on Guildwork, could they configure it to update other peoples equipment similar to how it pulls bazaar info through?

So, I was working towards phasing out the LSCOM anyway, and this just accelerates the process. Right now, the only thing I can only get from the LSCOM is mission information; I'm adding pieces to both the GW side and AH side to determine mission progression by title/equipment, since I can't get rank information directly.

tl,dr; anything Windower can give me is fair game, but it doesn't give me everything, so I have to find workarounds.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-04-19 07:49:58  
Hooking your char up to LSC was a rite of passage! RIP
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-19 08:19:50  
Rooks said: »
Bahamut.Scizor said: »

So, I was working towards phasing out the LSCOM anyway, and this just accelerates the process. Right now, the only thing I can only get from the LSCOM is mission information; I'm adding pieces to both the GW side and AH side to determine mission progression by title/equipment, since I can't get rank information directly.

tl,dr; anything Windower can give me is fair game, but it doesn't give me everything, so I have to find workarounds.

Anyway the Windower develops can help you out? They should have access to pretty much everything the game does, equipment lists, titles, mission ranks, skills, absolutely everything. Some things your missing might be there just not exposed for general use.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-19 08:33:16  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Anyway the Windower develops can help you out? They should have access to pretty much everything the game does, equipment lists, titles, mission ranks, skills, absolutely everything. Some things your missing might be there just not exposed for general use.

I'm in the windower dev channels, actually. The problem is that a lot of things aren't sent down to the client unless requested (missions, currencies, etc). So it'd be some extra calls to get all that, and honestly, it's just as easy to get it from the AH side, using titles/gear/etc that people have already uploaded. I have access to server-side GW as well, so I have some control over most of the supply chain anyway.

I'm sure if I ask Arcon/Iryoku nicely, I could get some extra stuff, but I don't need it, and they're busy with Windower 5. I'd rather wait to bother them when I have something I really can't do without them.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-04-19 08:42:06  
Rooks said: »
Windower 5

Ooooooooo..... (o.o)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-04-22 04:19:40  
Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update! (04/22/2016)

The next version update is scheduled for early May!

Ambuscade is getting a facelift with new enemies and rewards, and new high-end combat aimed at the most determined of adventurers awaits those waiting to sling sword and spell.

On top of the new battle content, players will be able to enjoy several quality of life additions, including an NPC to store the crystals that we know are spilling out of your pockets!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-22 04:28:10  
Odin + Valkyries + Alexander in... Alza'daal ruins?!
O.o

If I didn't knew any better I'd say that smells like alliance content, but I think it's highly unlikely at this point and state of the game SE would release alliance-exclusive content.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-22 05:43:40  
They said new high end content as in different to the new months mobs in Ambuscade?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-04-22 05:50:48  
I'm reading it as two separate statements but we'll see
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-22 06:13:26  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I'm reading it as two separate statements but we'll see

Same. It looks like to me that they are going to add a battle similar in concept to Apocalypse Nigh... "Ragnarok Nigh" maybe? :D
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-04-22 06:25:16  
I could well be reading too much into this... but is that a gear set of mages AND a gearset for melee?
(Or just the baddies we have to face off against)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-22 06:30:54  
Asura.Tarquine said: »
I could well be reading too much into this... but is that a gear set of mages AND a gearset for melee?
Wut? They're just Odin's Valkiryes.
As far as we can tell from that small pic they're wearing the same gear they're wearing in the Einherjar version?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-22 06:32:59  
Alliance 3000 Hallmark battle incoming! Just worried what the RoE requirement would be.. Getting everyone to kill Odin in Einherjar would suck and nobody would bother except determined peeps.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-22 06:33:55  

Yes, they are abjuration sets which were introduced alongside Einherjar, one for heavy melee, one for mages. The baddies (Valkyries) wear the full sets. Abjurations are from Odin and chests in lower tier chambers.

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Alliance 3000 Hallmark battle incoming! Just worried what the RoE requirement would be.. Getting everyone to kill Odin in Einherjar would suck and nobody would bother except determined peeps.

That would be too hardcore (Tanaka style). Popping a chest in one of the chambers would be fine. Maybe tier1-2 for regular and tier3 for intense.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-22 06:41:56  
To be fair the only 2 abj missing from the mass of Reforged ones we got in Ru'aun were exactely the 2 sets from Einherjar.
So it kinda makes sense they want to offer something like that? Though it won't necessarily be another ru'aun style augmentable abj set, maybe it will just share the same looks/model.
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2016-04-22 06:44:46  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Wut? They're just Odin's Valkiryes.
As far as we can tell from that small pic they're wearing the same gear they're wearing in the Einherjar version?

Yes, but the armour was available as a set:

Melee / Mage

My "reading too much into it..." is a WILD guess that these will be the models for the next "Rewards" in Ambuscade.
 Asura.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Asura.Foreverj 2016-04-22 06:51:15  
How come no one is talking about the npc that can store crystals? What crystals ? Lol
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-04-22 07:11:51  
Asura.Foreverj said: »
How come no one is talking about the npc that can store crystals? What crystals ? Lol
Fire/Earth/Water/Wind/Ice/Lightning/Light/Dark
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 201 202 203