First Page 2 3 4 ... 136 137 138
 Valefor.Zigbar
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Jacub
By Valefor.Zigbar 2015-03-23 14:49:13  
Carbuncle.Akivatoo said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I think if you used Aegis in 143 incursion we'd find out what the block rate floor is. <,<;;
+1 XD

actually we need some acc/enmity on Empy armor, and shield ilevel boost with skill.

Can someone can share an complete PLD.lua file on the guide too ?

Zigbar thank's a lot for this new topic, maybe we can improve it by submit exemple set for each macro ?

After the March 25th update and we figure out what the new Empy gear stats are I'll update all the sets again and then I'll upload my own PLD.lua file.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
サーバ: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-03-24 21:53:10  
nesanica torque
 Asura.Youngbull
サーバ: Asura
user: Joons
By Asura.Youngbull 2015-03-27 02:41:28  
Because very nearly no one picks knight's over suppa. If you actually did, go ahead and use it.

But it doesn't let you attain any higher Enlight/2 tiers, and it's all of 2 shield skill better than the next best skill+ earring. Not really overwhelmingly superior. Also, depending on your shield, mob, and reprisal, you may be capping blockrate anyway, in which case the skill+ does nothing.

What would be the goal to aim for for max Enlight/2 tier? I just spent 3 hours augmenting Paragon Moufles and was only able to get +4 divine magic skill, is that +1 make or break?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-27 23:34:43  
Asura.Youngbull said: »
Because very nearly no one picks knight's over suppa. If you actually did, go ahead and use it.

But it doesn't let you attain any higher Enlight/2 tiers, and it's all of 2 shield skill better than the next best skill+ earring. Not really overwhelmingly superior. Also, depending on your shield, mob, and reprisal, you may be capping blockrate anyway, in which case the skill+ does nothing.

What would be the goal to aim for for max Enlight/2 tier? I just spent 3 hours augmenting Paragon Moufles and was only able to get +4 divine magic skill, is that +1 make or break?
Well, depends on what else you have, and what tier you're trying for. for example in this set...

ItemSet 333814

Having +4 on hands would put you at 489 skill,assuming full merits and a +5 aug on kaiser. The Highest reasonable tier being 490. So in that case, it'd matter. But if you have Knight's earring or templar sabatons you could work around it.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-29 10:17:57  
A bit of retesting on PLD emp reforge.

Chevalier's(NQ) 5/5 absorb rate.

Total hits 1894
Absorb procs 82
4.3%.
Very likely still 5% proc rate at 5/5.

There's been a report that GEO empy set bonus proc rate did not increase going to the +1, so there's a fair chance that this won't either.

The "Mitigates dmg. taken based on enmity" on the body is still -2.4%~10.2% DT. Also, just in case, I checked to see if it broke PDT cap. Nope!

Disappointing, but not surprising results. They really shoulda just changed that stat to straight up -DT.
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2015-03-29 18:38:50  
With enmity adjustments cure 4 is insane hate again, anyone got up to date self cure cheat set/cure set with enmity/potency? atm my self cures do like 774ish iirc, ill post set in a sec
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2015-03-29 18:46:54  
ItemSet 334146
It's outdated i know, i need the ring from odin II and body from Puppet in peril off top of my head. Kaiser head 5 cure potency, ber hands FC+3 HP/MP+30
 Ragnarok.Orlind
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-29 23:21:20  
I'd replace that headpiece with at least the Shabti armet +1, the gloves for sure with Macabre Gauntlets +1, the K'ayres ring for any of the easy-to-get rings with more HP or even a enmity+ ring because the cap has been raised.

This is just what I've come up with on the tippiety top of my head. I cure myself for above 800HP and am already working to make it 900+.

EDIT: already made it to 900+ it seems
 Leviathan.Kaparu
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-03-29 23:35:32  
Asura.Natenn said: »
With enmity adjustments cure 4 is insane hate again, anyone got up to date self cure cheat set/cure set with enmity/potency? atm my self cures do like 774ish iirc, ill post set in a sec

In what way? The notes literally say enmity accrued through healing went unchanged.
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2015-03-30 00:19:24  
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »

In what way? The notes literally say enmity accrued through healing went unchanged.
they reduced enmity gained through phys/magic dmg and tripled the cap. Cure IV enmity is still the same, but with new enmity system curing for hate is the best way especially when dealing with large groups of mobs in vagary
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-03-30 00:56:33  

they reduced enmity gained through phys/magic dmg and tripled the cap. Cure IV enmity is still the same, but with new enmity system curing for hate is the best way especially when dealing with large groups of mobs in vagary
With the way JA self target works for hate in that zone, in the span of you using a cure, you could have done a wide range of JAs to acquire hate on targets while super tanking. If that is supposed to be used for hate tool while actually fighting stuff, its still pretty moot.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-03-30 04:18:18  
ItemSet 334151
the set i use
Yorium augment is Cure potency +5%
i do CI=113; CII=251; CIII=566; CIV=1061 actually.
Potency of "Cure" effect received +27%
Cure potency +45/45%
skill 389
MND 85+91

Edit max value i get with 5/5 legs
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2015-03-30 09:57:46  
ItemSet 334151
the set i use
Yorium augment is Cure potency +5% (exept on legs 4% actually ;_;)
i do CI=113; CII=250; CIII=562; CIV=1052 actually.
Cure potency +44/45%
damn i got work to do o.o
 Shiva.Keman
サーバ: Shiva
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2015-03-30 10:38:02  
one little thing about Swords, isn't Uson (Dex for high acc situations) better then Bura?

Then isn't a Claid with a 15+ or more dmg aug better then Uson?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-03-30 12:31:55  

..Except, you don't. Curing for enmity is still terrible.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-03-30 13:30:59  
ItemSet 334151
the set i use
Yorium augment is Cure potency +5% (exept on legs 4% actually ;_;)
i do CI=113; CII=250; CIII=562; CIV=1052 actually.
Cure potency +44/45%
juste do 2 or 3 Skirmish to get all yurium pieces then waste u'r money in leafdim stone to get good augment
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2015-03-30 22:04:33  

i'm pulling hate off ppl easily w/ C4 in vagary and keeping it, im missing alot of stuff to but yea, Cures for hate are stupid right? You just sound ignorant.
 Asura.Youngbull
user: Joons
By Asura.Youngbull 2015-03-31 08:12:18  
Can anyone help me out with a gearswap .lua?
No idea how to use gearswap and am just looking around for the best .lua to put into my data folder and try it out.
Thanks
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-03-31 11:36:58  

i'm pulling hate off ppl easily w/ C4 in vagary and keeping it, im missing alot of stuff to but yea, Cures for hate are stupid right? You just sound ignorant.

It remains to be confirmed that your methods are ideal for Vagary. You've had at least one dispute, and I'm inclined to believe them. Your understanding of enmity is otherwise lacking, and your reasoning for curing's resurgence in general was completely nonsensical.
[+]
 Phoenix.Neosutrax
サーバ: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutrax 2015-03-31 13:01:52  
To be fair, his sets were focused on cure potency and maximizing HP recovered per mp/time spent.

Curing for enmity may not be efficient anymore, but maximizing HP restored and MP utilized is always helpful, especially in harder fights/lower support situations.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-03-31 13:13:42  
Respectfully disagree with the latter, but to each their own.

That said, his inappropriately definitive(and almost certainly invalid) word vomit doesn't belong in a guide.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-03-31 13:26:19  
Phoenix.Neosutrax said: »
To be fair, his sets were focused on cure potency and maximizing HP recovered per mp/time spent.

Curing for enmity may not be efficient anymore, but maximizing HP restored and MP utilized is always helpful, especially in harder fights/lower support situations.
I'd agree in traditional content it is relevant but not something one would focus resources on first. Currently need to worry of having gear locked in encumbranced effect for the entirety of a fight on the latest of end game content in vagary. That and mp being absolutely destroyed with curse, virus, and aspir like effects.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2015-03-31 13:54:14  
Vagary notwithstanding('cause I haven't done it), my qualm isn't with limited resources, but with a general lack of purpose and/or practicality. Fights that require tanks rarely require a healer to split their attention; paladin deaths are virtually always the result of a failure to prepare for an attack, or a starsalign-badluck-***-oneshit situation. In most cases, reactionary self healing is either superfluous or a liability.

That's not to say that I think anyone who partakes is going to end up causing a wipe or anything, but if there are more productive things you can be doing, why not do them?
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-31 14:06:46  
Getting the gear from that set listed by Akivatoo isn't very hard and for me, even came as a side-effect of doing stuff for others. The only thing I went out of my way to get was the Shabti armet +1 and that was only because its rare to see on the AH.

I say there's nothing wrong with having an optimized cure set for anyone that would find it useful.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-03-31 17:22:18  
Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
Shabti armet +1
remove Shabti armet +1 and use Yorium Barbuta with cure potency +5% and you can get pretty cool set :)
 Ragnarok.Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-31 17:34:49  
Ragnarok.Orlind said: »
Shabti armet +1
remove Shabti armet +1 and use Yorium Barbuta with cure potency +5% and you can get pretty cool set :)

I probably will once I get that 5% from my barbuta.
 Carbuncle.Akivatoo
By Carbuncle.Akivatoo 2015-04-01 18:42:30  
the set show on the first page isn't great cause of the body
ItemSet 334158
Total Self Cure Pot. +34/30%
Total Cure Pot. +38%~40/50%
Increasing received potency over 30% is useless cause of the 30% cap
so focus on potency cause is mor difficult to cap ^^
use this one:
ItemSet 334151
Total Self Cure Pot. +27/30%
Total Cure Pot. +43%~45/50%
enjoy play pld !
 Siren.Finality
サーバ: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2015-04-03 17:50:36  
Reprisal's duration is determined by HP*2 and/or 1 minute duration.
Can anyone confirm "Enhancing Magic Duration" on Yorium with Duskdim and if so what amounts? I want to make a Reprisal set, if possible, or would an HP set be better?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-04-03 18:12:55  
Siren.Finality said: »
Reprisal's duration is determined by HP*2 and/or 1 minute duration.
Can anyone confirm "Enhancing Magic Duration" on Yorium with Duskdim and if so what amounts? I want to make a Reprisal set, if possible, or would an HP set be better?
THis refers to reprisals damage dealt cap. If your spikes deal more than that formula's worth of DMG, reprisal wears off even if it had time left.

Yorium doesn't get enhancing duration+. That's telchine specific.

The only piece of enhancing duration+ PLD has access to is Shabti Cuirass/+1
First Page 2 3 4 ... 136 137 138