A Realm Reborn 2.55 Discussion (Spoilers)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » A Realm Reborn 2.55 Discussion (Spoilers)
A Realm Reborn 2.55 Discussion (Spoilers)
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Otek
By Sotek Sasara 2015-04-02 15:54:04  
Lye said: »
Sotek Sasara said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
I get the idea of wanting your persona to be more like you want him/her to be and such or that you want them to take more action but was there ever really another way that this was going down given how this has been how its has since the first day?

There were plenty of chances they could have put such options in, if that's what you're asking.

Where they ever going to put something like that in? No, not likely given their history. Again, I simply said it would have been nice, it's honestly something I think they should do more of, since the alternative (which we got) is effectively just the PC having all the personality of a sack of dirt, literally just being carried through the various cutscenes.

After Midgardsormr told us to think for ourselves in 2.5 and the various satirical comments by NPCs on the subject I may have hoped they'd be moving a bit more towards having more player input in cutscenes, I guess. Not really anything game changing, just adds more flavour. Hardly a massive issue, nor was it the crux of my post...

I guess I disagree. I've always been of the mind that a PC's silence is better than choosing from a paltry set of predetermined responses that all result in the same events unfolding.

The illusion of choice never made me feel empowered. But more importantly, I doubt it would change your previously opined critique.

I think it would have made some scenes slightly less... stale...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-02 15:56:06  
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-02 15:58:44  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-04-02 16:00:22  
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-02 16:02:19  
I was expecting Yugiri to appear at any time during the escape...fail ninja is fail.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-02 16:04:47  
Ul'dahn Syndicate:
General Raubahn Aldynn - Immortal Flames, General
Lord Lolorito - East Aldenard Trading Company, Chairman
Teledji Adeledji - Ul'dahn Prince, head of the Mirage Trust
Lord Godbert Manderville - Master Goldsmith and Proprietor of the Golden Saucer
Dewlala - Milvaneth Sacrarium, Director
Fyrgeiss - Amajina & Sons Mineral Concern, Chief Foreman
 Lye
By Lye 2015-04-02 16:07:01  
I get the idea of wanting your persona to be more like you want him/her to be and such or that you want them to take more action but was there ever really another way that this was going down given how this has been how its has since the first day?

There were plenty of chances they could have put such options in, if that's what you're asking.

Where they ever going to put something like that in? No, not likely given their history. Again, I simply said it would have been nice, it's honestly something I think they should do more of, since the alternative (which we got) is effectively just the PC having all the personality of a sack of dirt, literally just being carried through the various cutscenes.

After Midgardsormr told us to think for ourselves in 2.5 and the various satirical comments by NPCs on the subject I may have hoped they'd be moving a bit more towards having more player input in cutscenes, I guess. Not really anything game changing, just adds more flavour. Hardly a massive issue, nor was it the crux of my post...

I guess I disagree. I've always been of the mind that a PC's silence is better than choosing from a paltry set of predetermined responses that all result in the same events unfolding.

The illusion of choice never made me feel empowered. But more importantly, I doubt it would change your previously opined critique.

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-02 16:11:19  
 Lye
By Lye 2015-04-02 16:15:22  
Anna Ruthven said: »
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-02 16:36:28  

I think they do it because there are so many different personalities. They leave the PC as a blank slate to allow you to put your own emotion on it as a reflection of the events around you instead of giving you a set response. As I said previously too they would have to incorporate a multitude of different scenes to incorporate any kind of scene like Raubahns.

You want input that has nothing to do with the outcome of the story? Whats the point? that you get to choose from a multiple choice sheet that gives answers that may not even closely reflect how you feel about the situation and that has literally no impact on the game just so you can say oh well at least they let me pick this line to say?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-02 17:14:38  
I haven't given my full thoughts on the story itself, only how I feel about the way they handled this as the ending, so...
user: Otek
By Sotek Sasara 2015-04-02 17:15:33  

Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-02 17:21:00  
Recapping much of what I said on BG:

Re: Grand Company Leaders
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-02 18:08:36  
My dreams of seeing Teledji riding Omega Weapon...shattered *sniff*
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-04-03 09:07:55  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Re: Grand Company Leaders
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-04-03 09:33:31  
With the way some people bitched on the OF, you'd think they want level 75 Brass Blades to harass and chase you around Ul'Dah until Heavensward drops.

Think you could aetheryte in and do some leves? THINK AGAIN.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-04-05 19:56:19  
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-04-05 20:12:44  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »