Will probably be saving all of my mythril for Ramza event and Squall's BSSB at this point, but may toss a few pulls at Cloud and Yuna's BSSBs. Not gonna go crazy though.
Only exception is if they add Sazh's gun or Red's hairpin to any banner between now and then. The only SB type I'm missing is Haste at this point. Probably will pull a couple extra on Yuna's banner just because of that since Tidus is getting a Hastega there.
I also need to decide on which event I want to skip so I can start catching up. I still only have 76 stamina and can collect around 300 more mythril just from core dungeons. Having 1-2 new events a week makes it exceptionally difficult to do any core things without paying for gems.
also need to decide on which event I want to skip so I can start catching up. I still only have 76 stamina and can collect around 300 more mythril just from core dungeons. Having 1-2 new events a week makes it exceptionally difficult to do any core things without paying for gems.
Yeah I was in the same boat. You'll also be able to hone 4* abilities as the core dungeons give tons of power and black orbs.
I will do my last pulls before a long break - probably till next FF9 event just for some minor items. Looking mostly for mage weapons for FFV and FFX realms. Maybe if lady luck smile for me and give me 3 yunas rod and 3 krile rods in 2 consecultive pulls...
I also need to decide on which event I want to skip so I can start catching up. I still only have 76 stamina and can collect around 300 more mythril just from core dungeons. Having 1-2 new events a week makes it exceptionally difficult to do any core things without paying for gems.
you could probably get away with skipping most of an event until the last minute and then swooping through and clearing most of it on the final day. most of my Stamina has been going into this fiesta of Orb acquisition, as between the XP and Gil, I've been raking it in. I actually started catching up on some story stuff I had fallen behind on to try and get the SSB banner 3 (where I walked out selling ten 3 and 4 star relics and combining the last with something I had in inventory, and being VERY salty about it) just to scoop some mythril. probably going to stay away from the V banner completely at this point, because I just don't do the mage metagame that everyone seems to go for and instead favor a melee beatdown strat.
Pulled twice on the first V banner for Krile or Faris' relics aaaaaaaaaaaand I get Galuf's hammer. For a lvl 1 Galuf.
Welp, at least it has an AOE attack boost on hit. No clue on the percentage yet but it's going to be tough working Galuf into a party when V already has the power duo of Greg/Bartz.
I will have someones babies for Bartz' next SB weapon.
I have Galufs fist and still really can't make him good. It's good for some cheesy roaming warrior strats but right now im using Squall SSB as my RW. Also hammers have to be one of the shittiest weapon types.
I have Galufs fist and still really can't make him good. It's good for some cheesy roaming warrior strats but right now im using Squall SSB as my RW. Also hammers have to be one of the shittiest weapon types.
My inner Mjollnir wielding ways shun you, but even I know it's true.
There are just few hours (around 2h) till the power/wind/NE orb dungeon is replaced by the material dungeon.
Remember that once inside a dungeon, you wont be kicked for a long time. If you can form a self suficient party, you can spend some extra days repeating stage 1/2 in the current dungeon, instead doing materials.
Buying gems will get us in trouble one day. I wish we could trade certain items for others. Like if I have three yuna rods, I could trade it for a SSB weapon of my choice.
Buying gems will get us in trouble one day. I wish we could trade certain items for others. Like if I have three yuna rods, I could trade it for a SSB weapon of my choice.
Yes, thats the one aspect I hate the most in this game, thats the gambling factor.
But I think, at least for me, that relics tend to lose its importance as more and more power creep is introduced. In some months, the SSBs will be replaced by BSSB. And thats one problem I believe DeNa will face soon: knowing japanese history beforehand, lots of players can choose the best strat to aim the best relics, hoarding huge amounts and spend it in cash sinks, what it wouldnt be possible if we had no knowledge of whats coming (for example, lots of people will just be saving mythril till FFT or BSSB banners what should be at least 2 months ahead). So, aparently next months will be less profitable for them, maybe they will take some action, who knows.
I also need to decide on which event I want to skip so I can start catching up. I still only have 76 stamina and can collect around 300 more mythril just from core dungeons. Having 1-2 new events a week makes it exceptionally difficult to do any core things without paying for gems.
Considering current FFV event, if I calculated right, total including the Ultimate fight, its necessary 593 staminas. Per day, we can get 480. Also, normally events last for 10 days and even considering we normally just have at most 2 events going on at same time, its around 3 days out of 10 to end every stage and 7 days to do anything else.
That said, it isnt really necessary to skip anything, you can do everything at a normal pace. Also, while doing dungeons, quickly you can do lots of them in sucession due to staminas refreshes after 5 shards. Just need to time correctly to not to waste any stamina.
necessary to skip anything, you can do everything at a normal pace. Also, while doing dungeons, quickly you can do lots of them in sucession due to staminas refreshes after 5 shards. Just need to time correctly to not to waste any stamina.
Lots of easy elite dungeons give 2 stamina shards in beginning too.
Buying gems will get us in trouble one day. I wish we could trade certain items for others. Like if I have three yuna rods, I could trade it for a SSB weapon of my choice.
Yes, thats the one aspect I hate the most in this game, thats the gambling factor.
But I think, at least for me, that relics tend to lose its importance as more and more power creep is introduced. In some months, the SSBs will be replaced by BSSB. And thats one problem I believe DeNa will face soon: knowing japanese history beforehand, lots of players can choose the best strat to aim the best relics, hoarding huge amounts and spend it in cash sinks, what it wouldnt be possible if we had no knowledge of whats coming (for example, lots of people will just be saving mythril till FFT or BSSB banners what should be at least 2 months ahead). So, aparently next months will be less profitable for them, maybe they will take some action, who knows.
Nah. You're thinking like everyone sits down and plots ahead towards what relics suit them when I'm sure alot of purchases are simply based on favorite characters and popularity of the FF game itself. Throw in the obsessive gambling factor and you end up with fun things like 600 dollars to get a One Winged Angel and 900 bucks to max out a Blazefire Saber.
It's also why we get constant VII/X/VI banners and I/II/III get to eat donkey ***. While I'm sure Cloud / Squall banners bring in the most bank, the VI crew and Cecil 'n pals aren't far behind. The distribution is poop. :/
Buying gems will get us in trouble one day. I wish we could trade certain items for others. Like if I have three yuna rods, I could trade it for a SSB weapon of my choice.
Yes, thats the one aspect I hate the most in this game, thats the gambling factor.
But I think, at least for me, that relics tend to lose its importance as more and more power creep is introduced. In some months, the SSBs will be replaced by BSSB. And thats one problem I believe DeNa will face soon: knowing japanese history beforehand, lots of players can choose the best strat to aim the best relics, hoarding huge amounts and spend it in cash sinks, what it wouldnt be possible if we had no knowledge of whats coming (for example, lots of people will just be saving mythril till FFT or BSSB banners what should be at least 2 months ahead). So, aparently next months will be less profitable for them, maybe they will take some action, who knows.
While that's true for damage things, like all SSBs so far, the trinity of Hastega/Wall/Medica have always remained important. I don't know much about the JP release but I've been seeing a lot of talk about the misfortune events being insanely hard without having your own Wall or Hastega relic. I guess it would be fine if every relic was created equal but to even compare those 4 or so relics with any other relic is laughable.
It makes it even funnier that we got so boned in the last month on relics. JPs had a guaranteed Medica II and the ability to pull Vegas off their SSBreakfast.
Started playing a few days ago under the suggestion from a linkshell mate. The game is definitely nostalgic, & I am having a blast. It's for iOS, and Android smartphones and tablets. Currently trying to complete these timed events.
Any one else loving the global release of this game? It's been out in Japan for some time. We finally get in on the goodies