Anti-Vaccination Legislative Win In California

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
Anti-Vaccination Legislative win in California
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17
 Seraph.Ramyrez
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 08:11:11  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Mother of Odin, do people really think this stuff

Leave Bestla out of this, she gave us Odin. She doesn't deserve to be dragged into this quagmire of dogshit.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-20 08:11:44  
A plate of tuna gives you more mercury than a vaccine.

Tuna causes autism.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-20 08:12:06  
So if I read this right the cure for gay vaccines is a straight shot ! Just shoot yourself up with tons of testosterone wrestle a bear and eat some beef jerky. If that doesn't make you a man nothing will !
By fonewear 2015-04-20 08:13:44  

Tuna causes autism.

All we need is a long costly research study to confirm this !
 Asura.Ivlilla
サーバ: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 08:14:02  
I'm of the opinion that there aren't really any more gay men now than in prior times. It's just that for most of human history, it didn't matter if you liked to *** men, you were still going to marry a woman and have kids. It's very interesting to me now that being "gay" as a "lifestyle" is socially acceptable, or, at least, not gonna get you stoned to death, in most of the developed world, to see what happens when gay men just stop having kids because they're no longer pressured by society to actually do so.

If homosexuality is genetic (male homosexuality specifically, for the above), and is not the result of a SNP, then it's something that could be bred out of the population if gay men stop having kids. So, in theory, in a couple of hundred years would could have a definite answer to the "born that way or choose to be gay" argument that sometimes comes up.

And I'm not exact sure of the exact bounds of what is acceptable to post on this site, or I'd say more.
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-04-20 08:14:14  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
They already extort in the us every April 15th saying you have a voluntary compliance to pay the income tax.
Um....no they don't

yes they do, by all mean continue to kiss the boots of misrepresenting traitors known as republicans and democrats.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 08:15:22  
fonewear said: »
So if I read this right the cure for gay vaccines is a straight shot ! Just shoot yourself up with tons of testosterone wrestle a bear and eat some beef jerky. If that doesn't make you a man nothing will !

You know what's wrong with society?

I skipped right over unregulated hormonal therapy and "wrestling a bear" as threats to your health to worry about the sodium content of the beef jerky.

*** this noise. Seriously.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 08:17:14  

Tuna causes autism.

Did you know the average fish contains more mercury than a rectal thermometer?
[+]
By fonewear 2015-04-20 08:17:44  
Maybe high levels of sodium can cause gayness...let me search the internets !
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-20 08:18:15  
charlo999 said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

The rest is ... nonsense.
Care to elaborate? Or has this turned into a, put fingers in ears response, because you said so.

Are you saying the immune system doesn't have a multi barrier response system that a direct injection bypasses?
And the viruses in vaccines aren't modified or dead to lower natural true response for safety?

Because everything they said is bullsh!t.

There are different ways to formulate a vaccine depending on it's infection vector and how potent it can be. The most common is to take a dead or dying virus inside it's protein sheath and inject it into the hosts blood stream, this causes the immune system to interpret it as an invader and build an antibody that responds to the virus's external protein configuration. This is the bodies primary immunity system and is whats responsible for removing viral invaders. There is absolutely no difference in the human bodies reactions vs this method or a live virus as they have the exact same protein sheath.

There are two barriers, external and internal. External is your epidermal which is primary staffed by benevolent bacteria that act to repel most harmful bacteria but since we're discussing viral vaccines we only need to talk about the internal barrier which is your autoimmune system. Virus's are incapable of independent motility, they need to be carried into their hosts while wrapped inside a protein sheath and transported inside a fluid of some kind. Blood to blood is the quickest infection vector but mucus glans and gastrointestinal both work, just slower. Once the virus is inside your body it bounces around until it comes into contact with the a cell that is compatible with it's protein sheath, the sheath then serves to create a hole inside the cell and the viral RNA gets injected which in turn interferes with the normal DNA replication method and *poof* infected cell which starts mass producing copies of that virus.

Your body has tons of antibodies floating around in your blood stream and eventually they will bump into that virus or infected cell. If the antibody has built a copy of the protein signature, then it will latch onto the cell and devour it. If there is no protein signature then a battle ensues while the antibodies attempt to create this signature. The virus now has a timer upon which to spawn multiple copies of itself and infect other hosts because the body will eventually create an antibody which will result in the annihilation of the virus. The exception is immunological virus's which attack the immune system itself and prevent that formation of an antibody (HIV). Now there is actually a sh!t ton more about this whole process, I just did a quick high school level course which everyone here should of gotten in Biology I. The purpose was to illustrate how bat sh!t insane your quotes statements were in relation to how the body fights off viral infections. "Good health / nutrition" absolutely can not take the place of antibodies, the most they can do is keep the host alive and assist in the immune system forming those antibodies and then mass producing white blood cells to eat the invading virus.

"Good diet / nutrition" is important for general health, as is frequent physical activity. That health makes your body stronger and more robust in fighting off all forms of infection, both viral and bacterial. Where I think you, and most anti-vaccine folks, get confused is the difference between viral and bacterial infection. You absolutely can not "build up" resistance to viral infections, you can only create antibodies after being exposed to that strain of virus. You most certainly can build up resistance to bacterial infections via constant exposure to various bacteria. Your body is covered with millions of bacteria, thousands of different types and most of them extremely beneficial. This bacteria is integral to our immune system and is acquired through drinking breast milk, eating organic food and interacting in a normal "dirty" environment. Children who have lived sterile lives can and will develop weaker bacterial immune systems as they won't have the same biodiversity of gut or epidermal bacteria. These bacteria assist us in digesting food and fighting off other harmful bacteria, collective they are referred to as the human microbiota.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 08:18:58  
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
I'm of the opinion that there aren't really any more gay men now than in prior times. It's just that for most of human history, it didn't matter if you liked to *** men, you were still going to marry a woman and have kids. It's very interesting to me now that being "gay" as a "lifestyle" is socially acceptable, or, at least, not gonna get you stoned to death, in most of the developed world, to see what happens when gay men just stop having kids because they're no longer pressured by society to actually do so.

If homosexuality is genetic (male homosexuality specifically, for the above), and is not the result of a SNP, then it's something that could be bred out of the population if gay men stop having kids. So, in theory, in a couple of hundred years would could have a definite answer to the "born that way or choose to be gay" argument that sometimes comes up.

And I'm not exact sure of the exact bounds of what is acceptable to post on this site, or I'd say more.

Genetic vs. simple preference is questionable at best. Also, given the omnipresence of homosexuals throughout history despite many societies looking down upon the act (therefore, underreporting of the phenomena), you'll likely never get to the bottom of that one.

Also, people frown on eugenics.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 08:19:36  

Tuna causes autism.

WOULD YOU EAT A RECTAL THERMOMETER? ANSWER ME DAMN YOU!
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-04-20 08:20:35  
Mesic said: »
Vaccinations are never 100% effective. Usually ranging at around 90%. The dependency on not spreading a virus further is that everyone hopefully has this 90%, therefore depleting the viruses ability to stay within the population. If others have a 0% chance of deflecting the virus that puts the people who are vaccinated at a higher probability of hitting that 10% and becoming infected. I hope this is your attempt to educate yourself on the subject and aren't asking these questions as a means to prove what you think is correct.

That is not how vaccinations work at all, there is no "percentage", the virus going from host A to host B is completely unaffected by vaccinations. What happens is that when a vaccinated host is infected by that same virus, their body can immediately overwhelm the virus with extreme prejudice. The invading virus never has a chance to spread inside the host body and there is never any symptoms. A non-vaccinated person on the other hand would need to develop antibodies for that virus and during that time the virus spreads and you get symptoms.

Life isn't a video game, virus's don't get to roll dice to see if they successfully infect you, they always infect you if they can get through your epidermis. The only differences between a vaccinated and non-vaccinated humans is that the vaccinated human can respond to and remove the invading virus so fast that the virus never spreads further.
Different vaccines have different levels of effectivness statistically, because they do not grant 100% immunity.

CDC on MMR said:
How effective is MMR vaccine?
The measles vaccine is very effective. One dose of measles vaccine is about 93% effective at preventing measles if exposed to the virus and two doses are about 97% effective.

Vaccines are not 100% effective, in that there will be people who still contract a disease who have received a vaccine. For a variety of reasons. E.g. A baby given the vaccine too early and the left-over-immunity-from-Mother-system attacking the virus.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 08:20:47  
Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

Tuna causes autism.

Goddamn you. Stealing my thunder, just like Nixon.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-20 08:21:39  
How the *** do these people manage to find the right hole to keep breeding?
We haven't found the right hole to toss a grenade in yet.

Seha said: »
gay vaccines.
lolhuffingtonpost already beat you to it. BTW, Italian scientist.

And break the freebirthers up for the organbanks while we're at it.
At least they can finally do some good for the world.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 08:22:28  

Tuna causes autism.

But really. I *** love Sealab 2021.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-20 08:23:24  
They already extort in the us every April 15th saying you have a voluntary compliance to pay the income tax.
Um....no they don't

yes they do, by all mean continue to kiss the boots of misrepresenting traitors known as republicans and democrats.
So, wait, you are going to trust an uneducated person over the law?

What am I saying, of course you do and will continue to do so
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 08:24:03  

Tuna causes autism.

But really. I *** love Sealab 2021.

Don't you mean you BIZARRO love it?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-20 08:24:22  
These are all things anyone should already know...it blows my mind it isn't just common knowledge.

And having gone to a bad school isn't much of an excuse imo, most of the stuff I've learned came from personal research. You can still educate yourself if teachers didn't help you.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-20 08:25:37  
You can still educate yourself if teachers didn't help you.
That requires effort, which most people are unwilling to use.

Also requires knowledge in the source material, which most people are unable to comprehend.

Case in point: Truth and Justice.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 08:26:04  

Also requires knowledge in the source material, which most people are unable to comprehend.

What do Chuck Norris' fists have to do with this?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-20 08:26:59  

What do Chuck Norris' fists have to do with this?
You weren't here for this, I take it
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-20 08:27:10  
Ok. You don't have to necessarily become a scholar in every subject. But you could at least shutup when someone who did proves you wrong lol.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 08:28:39  

Attention all personnel: the black death is here. The great pestilence is finally upon us. Repent! Repent!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-20 08:30:34  
Repent! Repent!

[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-20 08:31:18  
Repent! Repent!

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-20 08:31:46  
Ok. You don't have to necessarily become a scholar in every subject. But you could at least shutup when someone who did proves you wrong lol.
Which requires knowledge too.

Knowing when you are wrong is a step in the right direction.

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-20 08:34:08  
Also the title of this thread bothers me.
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-20 08:35:19  

Attention all personnel: the black death is here. The great pestilence is finally upon us. Repent! Repent!

Look, it'll all be fine. We just get Wendy here to sing her irresistible Siren song and lure unwitting epidemiologists into the thread. Then we Shanghai 'em and make THEM think of a plan!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-20 08:35:49  
There's no spellcheck for titles!
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17