The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
The 6th Ministry's Secret: A Summoner's Guide (v2)
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 149 150 151
By Autocast 2019-03-21 16:02:22  
Indi frailty + BoG/EA Geo Malaise or inid malaise and BoG/EA Geo frailty? Assuming indi frailty isn't going to cap your attack, for Flaming Crush specifically of course.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-03-21 17:53:34  
Geo-Frailty & Indi-Malaise. If you cap attack, Flaming can hit capped damage pretty easily without even having Malaise up. Malaise is more to seal the deal on tougher mobs where you can't cap attack or where the magic hit may be getting resisted.
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2019-03-21 18:47:06  
Pantafernando said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
What is the best way to solo JP on SMN?

Flaming crush is your heavy hitting BP. Probably you should work in this set first then try one shooting mobs in reisen. If you can have some sort of fragmentation you can make light with FC for extra dmg.

But personally i would either ask to help as a suport job in a party (providing SMN buffs and favor) or working in Thunderspark set for cleaving if someone can pull large amount of mobs and you have other SMN or BLU to assist.
Zeid II uses Ground Strike exclusively. I did Shattersoul > Ground Strike > Flaming Crush. It really made stuff like farming Bismark go fast.

I did a lot of JP a few years ago on the Dullahan type mobs in one of the Adoulin gates zones. I can't recall which zone it was but they were high level... at the time. A good FC set can one shot them if you pull one so it faces your character and then crush it from anywhere except the front (shield blocks were bad). 'jima may be easier though.
By Autocast 2019-03-21 21:06:37  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Geo-Frailty & Indi-Malaise. If you cap attack, Flaming can hit capped damage pretty easily without even having Malaise up. Malaise is more to seal the deal on tougher mobs where you can't cap attack or where the magic hit may be getting resisted.

Thanks for the reply, with that said is there a situation where you would have to ever use languor over malaise?
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-03-22 15:42:32  
I'm sure those situations exist, I can't think of any off the top of my head though. Generally if magic acc is an issue, your target is also tough enough that attack isn't capped and losing Malaise hurts.

I'd wager the most likely scenario where Frailty+Languor would be preferred over Frailty+Malaise is fire-resistant medium-difficulty mobs, something like Urmahlullu maybe. Before some of the modern gear existed, I had a heck of a time hitting consistent damage on him with Flaming. I'd say Blazewing too but my Flaming damage is still very bad on him even with modern gear so I usually just use Volt. I've never tried Languor on him though, so who knows!
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2019-03-22 18:26:27  
Malaise is also useful if the target has a high amount of MDB/MDT otherwise it's not hard to cap dmg without it like Pergatory said.
I tend to find Languor either unnecessary or insufficient on high level enemies. If you really want more macc you should think about bringing a BRD for Fire Threnody II, this debuff can change everything with Flaming Crush on wave3 Volte leaders and over half of the level 150 Aeonic NMs.
You also have to take into account the target's fire affinity. If it has less than 60% Fire then FC will be resisted no matter the amount of macc+/meva- (unless Rayke is used).
By Elyana 2019-03-26 23:21:13  
I'm just gearing up SMN and have been playing wheel o' augments with Oseem on Merlinic gloves.
I've burned more than 1,000 stones, and wanted to know what the BP dmg to MAB ratio should be. I had a 9 BPD and 28 MAB, but I wiped it for 10 BPD and 19 MAB.
Did I take a step down by doing that?
By Autocast 2019-03-27 00:42:27  
Anyone mind posting their smn lua? I know about pergatory's and just curious what other ones are floating around.
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2019-03-28 16:31:13  
Newly 99 Smn here. I don't plan on maxing out this job to BIS status but I was hoping to gear it up enough to be useful if I was needed on the job.

Do any of you fine Smn's have any gear set suggestions where you could advise me on something approachable and usable but not so over the top?

Thanks!
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2019-03-28 17:14:14  
Most of the BiS gear should be cheap enough now, the only expensive item is going to be nirvana, but you can just do JSE from Oboro instead for that to still be useful in situations where SMN needed.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-28 18:27:52  
Jdove said: »
Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Most of the BiS gear should be cheap enough now, the only expensive item is going to be nirvana, but you can just do JSE from Oboro instead for that to still be useful in situations where SMN needed.

And the +2 neck which you sholud get before mythic you will see more results from the neck than the staff

Lolno.

Nirvana is the single biggest boost of straight gear, not counting a sachet for level correcting.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-28 19:58:30  
Nirvana is the single biggest boost but if you are usibg the ilevel satchet the +2neck and jse vs ilevel satchet nirvana and no smn neck the jse will pull ahead. The jse isnt far off at all especially vs someone who doesnt have the neck

Are you counting just straight 40bpd & +2 levels vs the +25 stat, 10 bpd and 15 DA?

Because again, lolno. You're forgetting the aftermath effect, which will vastly outparse everything. nirvana's aftermath double attack is 40%, or roughly 22%+14% damage increase by itself.

even without aftermath up, it's a roughly 14% increase vs a 11.75% increase.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-28 20:26:28  
Not arguing nirvana vs jse by itself im saying jse with +2 neck vs mythic and am3 without it
nirvana + aftermath : 37% increase
nirvana by itself: 14% increase
Gridarvor+smn neck: 11.75% increase

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2019-03-29 00:27:57  
Im trusting my own judgement on this ty for the math tho dont dismiss what isaid based on an equation
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-03-29 05:32:44  
Wow.

just Wow.

Uhmm.. you know video games are nothing BUT math... right?
[+]
 Bahamut.Scizor
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2019-03-29 05:50:53  
Im trusting my own judgement on this ty for the math tho dont dismiss what isaid based on an equation
You cant argue with this level of stupid.
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-03-29 05:53:03  

Just because your own judgement tells you to huff paint and play on the I-95 during rush hour doesn't make it right.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-29 06:25:57  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Wow.

just Wow.

Uhmm.. you know video games are nothing BUT math... right?

Perhaps too general, but FFXI sure as *** is.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Autocast 2019-03-30 21:45:34  
At what rank does +2 neck surpass other neck options? (physical and magical)

And asking again if anyone has an up to date motes based smn lua they wouldn't mind linking/posting, appreciated.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-31 02:04:47  
mote's is a hot mess to troubleshoot and add ontop of, use sel or pergatory's gs.
By Wotasu 2019-03-31 06:31:25  
Autocast said: »

And asking again if anyone has an up to date motes based smn lua they wouldn't mind linking/posting, appreciated.

I think I've read somewhere in this thread that +2 > +1 > Shulmanu/Adad > NQ, so would need Rank17 or something. But just a assumption.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-03-31 11:54:39  
I was looking at the BIS gear posted in the Nirvana thread and I wanted to know what changed to bring Helios back in over HQ Apogee gear in their respective slots? I swear I used to see two sets of Apogee for physical and magical as recommendations before but now I see Helios again. Was it a better understanding of how much DA contributes to physical hits? Or is this strictly only better for Conduit burning and Apogee sets are still BIS in normal circumstances?

I'm working on HQing the rest of my Summoner and just wanted a heads-up before I start reinvesting in the Helios pieces I tossed ages ago lol.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-04-01 13:09:53  
They changed how Pet:DA works with blood pacts a while back. It used to be basically worthless, then sometime a couple years back they changed it for multi-hit pacts. So Volt Strike, Predator Claws, etc. Pet:DA is now awesome for those. (Not Flaming Crush though.)

Autocast said: »
Physical without Nirvana AM3: Around rank 18
Physical with Nirvana AM3: Around rank 12
Magic: Around rank 12
Flaming Crush: Probably even earlier, maybe rank 10 or even lower
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 149 150 151