Military Parade - A DD Bard Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-03-30 07:57:23  
trinironnie said: »
Does anyone have an updated LUA for DDing / Singing? Along the lines of being able to lock weapons so it doesn't change when I disengage, or only changes main when I'm singing. The current one I have sucks to seg farm with.

Will leave link up until I check google drive next time and see that it's still up. I just recently got Stage 5 prime and changed out Dibbydabber and Gjalla in a lot of places to make space. I left markouts where they belong. So ctrl+F the "Loughnashade" and replace them with the markouts it says belongs there. It assumes ML31 for skill calculations, so you might need the domain earring and such if you are below ML31 and care about reaching skill tiers.

You can also just check the TP/WS/song sets and rip them out for your own lua if you wish. I am missing the Dynamis pants for a more optimized set, but outside of those pants, which may or may not ever drop for you, everything should be ideal.

I have the shortcuts at the top so that if you hit alt+tilde it will lock and unlock weapons. By default it will keep your F7 weapon sets (main/sub) locked like every other lua and not swap them out when you sing, if you alt+tilde to turn "Unlock weapons: On" it will allow your sets to swap weapons out for their purpose, in this case, singing, and then put you right back on your proper F7 set. Just remember to lock them again if you wanna elegy something and not lose tp. Ctrl+tilde also cycles dummy lock on or off, which I think was always the default.

This is a selindrile's lua, so you need all of their lib folders and such if you want to use it, it will not work with out-of-the-box gearswap.
By trinironnie 2024-03-30 08:25:14  
Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
trinironnie said: »
Does anyone have an updated LUA for DDing / Singing? Along the lines of being able to lock weapons so it doesn't change when I disengage, or only changes main when I'm singing. The current one I have sucks to seg farm with.

Will leave link up until I check google drive next time and see that it's still up. I just recently got Stage 5 prime and changed out Dibbydabber and Gjalla in a lot of places to make space. I left markouts where they belong. So ctrl+F the "Loughnashade" and replace them with the markouts it says belongs there. It assumes ML31 for skill calculations, so you might need the domain earring and such if you are below ML31 and care about reaching skill tiers.

You can also just check the TP/WS/song sets and rip them out for your own lua if you wish. I am missing the Dynamis pants for a more optimized set, but outside of those pants, which may or may not ever drop for you, everything should be ideal.

I have the shortcuts at the top so that if you hit alt+tilde it will lock and unlock weapons. By default it will keep your F7 weapon sets (main/sub) locked like every other lua and not swap them out when you sing, if you alt+tilde to turn "Unlock weapons: On" it will allow your sets to swap weapons out for their purpose, in this case, singing, and then put you right back on your proper F7 set. Just remember to lock them again if you wanna elegy something and not lose tp. Ctrl+tilde also cycles dummy lock on or off, which I think was always the default.

This is a selindrile's lua, so you need all of their lib folders and such if you want to use it, it will not work with out-of-the-box gearswap.
Thank you ! Requested!
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2024-03-30 08:48:14  
Sorry, thought it was public already. Fixed.
By Ninjaxtasy 2024-04-06 09:32:06  
Artichokie said: »
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Areaden said: »
Do you happen to have a DD set for Melee sword or dagger set up that you use?

I believe this is in multiple guides already, but this is pretty much the agreed upon BiS TP set for BRD melee

ItemSet 392621

If you don't need 50% DT or have a different TVR ring you can adjust a little bit, but this is pretty universal.

It will change a little bit in very obvious ways if you're not dual-wielding.

Any variant to sub legs in order to cap haste? I'm about 0/90 in Bastok farming every 3 days with at least TH11 on.

Thanks for posting this
By Hydatos 2024-04-10 02:59:49  
Any tips on BRD Abs-TP set? Sortie team is workin' on takin the big guy down. Also, any other weird sets ya'll would recommend I work on?
[+]
By Dodik 2024-04-10 06:44:26  
Full empy set, metamorph/stikini rings, fomal for the macc. Dignitary/telos or mani earring (10 dark skill).

Cor and brd will have the lowest macc of all the jobs at Aminon - need as much macc in gear as you can get. That means fomal over TP bonus gun even if it lowers WS dmg. (edit) Ignore this, thinking cor for some reason.

Will need a capped fast cast set too.
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-04-10 07:24:24  
Dodik said: »
Full empy set, metamorph/stikini rings, fomal for the macc. Dignitary/telos or mani earring (10 dark skill).

Cor will have the lowest macc of all the jobs at Aminon - need as much macc in gear as you can get. That means fomal over TP bonus gun even if it lowers WS dmg.

BRD can't equip Fomal anyway.

ItemSet 395351

Luckily BRD gets a lot of gear that has macc and FC. If you need more macc or you don't have the Volte Brais you can switch the legs to EMPY+3. If you don't have weatherproon you can always use Kishar or Stikini. Linos and Ambu cape are augmented with INT, Macc and FC.
 Asura.Dexprozius
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-10 16:54:00  
As an aside... Don't use Fomal over TP Bonus gun on COR for hard mode aminon.... being able to rip savages at 1k is a huge DPS increase and helps separate your savages from the BRDs savages. Even popping them at 1k consistently you can keep up with absorb TPs, and assuming SV or Marcato Dark Thren II is up you wont see resists.
 Odin.Boogs
サーバ: Odin
user: Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-04-12 23:47:25  
I need some better math/mechanics experts to explain me something.

I have BRD with all the gears. And all buff songs base duration is 120s if I'm reading stuff correct.

So if you have Mousai Seraweels +1, that +2 should be 20% duration, correct? Which is more than the 17% from Inyanga.

When I sing songs I get-- Minne 5:27, Minuet 5:35, Madrigal 5:29, and Ballad 5:23 (so doubling for NT is Minne 10:54, Minuet 11:10, Madrigal 10:58, and Ballad 10:46)

So with NT, if I want Ballad and Minne on a tank. I always do the Minuets first, but still if I sing songs too fast, I will have Ballad overwriting the Minne if I don't wait like 10 seconds for the Minuet timers to tick down.

Minne is +9 tho and Minuet is +8. Is there something I am missing?
 Bahamut.Boposhopo
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Boposhopo
By Bahamut.Boposhopo 2024-04-13 01:54:34  
Odin.Boogs said: »
I need some better math/mechanics experts to explain me something.

I have BRD with all the gears. And all buff songs base duration is 120s if I'm reading stuff correct.

So if you have Mousai Seraweels +1, that +2 should be 20% duration, correct? Which is more than the 17% from Inyanga.

When I sing songs I get-- Minne 5:27, Minuet 5:35, Madrigal 5:29, and Ballad 5:23 (so doubling for NT is Minne 10:54, Minuet 11:10, Madrigal 10:58, and Ballad 10:46)

So with NT, if I want Ballad and Minne on a tank. I always do the Minuets first, but still if I sing songs too fast, I will have Ballad overwriting the Minne if I don't wait like 10 seconds for the Minuet timers to tick down.

Minne is +9 tho and Minuet is +8. Is there something I am missing?

Super simplified explanation for it, but It's cause you're swapping out the legs on the Minne. So Minne may be +9 songs, but doesn't get the 17% extra, but Minuet does get that 17% extra giving it the 8 + 1.7 basically.

So assuming you had no other song+ duration gear, you're looking at +9 for Minne, or 90%, but basically +9.7 or 97% duration on Minuet (I'm ignoring the + song duration on the +minuet empy body).
[+]
 Odin.Boogs
サーバ: Odin
user: Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-04-13 03:58:22  
Bahamut.Boposhopo said: »
you're looking at +9 for Minne, or 90%, but basically +9.7 or 97% duration on Minuet.

Ok, this is it. 90 vs 97 is the part I was missing. Thanks! I knew I wasn't adding something up correctly.
By Chimerawizard 2024-04-13 14:08:53  
Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »
Dodik said: »

Cor will have the lowest macc of all the jobs at Aminon - need as much macc in gear as you can get. That means fomal over TP bonus gun even if it lowers WS dmg.

BRD can't equip Fomal anyway.

ItemSet 395351

Luckily BRD gets a lot of gear that has macc and FC. If you need more macc or you don't have the Volte Brais you can switch the legs to EMPY+3. If you don't have weatherproon you can always use Kishar or Stikini. Linos and Ambu cape are augmented with INT, Macc and FC.
only 23 haste. i would swap Inyanga jubbah +2 for zendik robe. should do better than the FC+1.
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-04-13 21:41:52  
There should be a lot of flexibility in terms of gear haste/FC considering you'll have capped magic haste (Haste II/SV Honor March) and recast reduction caps at -80%.

Ignore this, I'm just dispensing misinformation. You need a lot of FC lol. Here's a set that isn't quite capped recast but is a 13-second recast with capped magic haste:

sets.midcast['Dark Magic'] = {range=gear.linos_macc,
head="Bunzi's Hat",neck="Mnbw. Whistle +1",ear1="Enchntr. Earring +1",ear2="Fili Earring +1",
body="Zendik Robe",hands="Fili Manchettes +3",ring1="Stikini Ring +1",ring2="Stikini Ring +1",
back=gear.intarabus_macc,waist="Obstin. Sash",legs="Volte Tights",feet="Fili Cothurnes +3"}

25% gear haste, 54% FC.

This set is actually probably just under 14 seconds. Also probably want to sub Ayanmo legs in instead of Volte.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43