users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Lethargy Chappel +1
Lethargy Chappel +1
 Odin.Tamoa
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-06-17 08:41:07  
Recently decided to start gearing my rdm which has been retired since around 2012, and I'm using this rdm lua: https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/blob/master/RDM.lua. Since I'm pretty clueless about GS, all I have done is editing gear, nothing else has been touched.

Now, I cannot for the life of me get GS to equip Lethargy Chappel +1 in midcast sets, and I've tried different ways of spelling it but nothing works. Everything else swaps as it should. In my enfeebling magic precast set it does swap in though (spelled Lethargy Chappel +1, but even spelling it like that in the midcast sets doesn't work). In all other midcasts sets the appropriate headpiece swaps in accordingly. I'm utterly confused, any suggestions would be appreciated.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-17 08:44:31  
So, if you do a //gs export, it'll give you a file that lists everything you have equipped. That'll show you everything as GearSwap expects it to look, in case it's really just a naming issue.

I don't really know much about Mote's stuff, but if you want to post your RDM lua I can take a look anyway.

[Edit: just realized, the fact that it works in some sets means it's not going to be a naming problem.]
By Ramyrez 2015-06-17 08:45:53  
You could say the Lethargy Chappel +1 is being...lazy.

[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-06-17 08:58:36  
Oh boy. I just found the error. Wow, I've spent hours agonizing over this... I should probably have my eyesight checked out.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-06-17 09:05:52  
...and you not gonna tell us?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-17 09:14:48  
You should probably say, otherwise in the future, others may have a similar problem and think they might be missing out on an obvious solution.

Even if it is something so basic as a spelling mistake or something.
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-06-17 09:23:53  
I feel dumb enough already. But yeah it was a spelling mistake of sorts.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-17 09:28:29  
Were you trying to equip it in the wrong slot? My Skulker's Cape was set to equip on my legs for like, three months.

I bet I could put some slot checking in GearSwap, hmmm...

[Edit: actually, I already know how to do this in a way that wouldn't slow up execution times. A //gs setvalidate or something, (help me name it!) that went through your sets and made sure you weren't doing something like that.
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa
By Odin.Tamoa 2015-06-17 09:36:44  
Fine, I'll tell so you can laugh at me (I was past laughing after all that time trying to figure out what was wrong, I did facepalm though) - somehow I had managed to name it Lethargy Chappel +l instead of Lethargy Chappel +1. Go me!

In my defense, l and 1 look very similar in Notepad++. On the other hand, they are nowhere near each other, so I can't really explain how I managed to do that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-17 09:39:40  
So! In the future, you can use //gs validate to tell you what's in your sets that's missing, and maybe catch that sooner.

I'll probably still write the setvalidate (slotvalidate? HELP ME) thing, when I have some extra time, though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-17 09:41:04  
[+]
 Odin.Tamoa