GP: X
Guild sales room: X
Sparks: X
Accolades: X
CP: X
Dont think theres any new zaldon fish other than the 4 ryus
Pioneers coalition: X
Inventors coalition: X

Im starting to think these items will be in the next login campaign or something? I don't see any other places to get them, but maybe I missed something?
 Bahamut.Devilmaycry
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Devilmaycry 2015-06-27 13:15:29  
Only other thing i can think is catch every type of fish ingame with the NPC? working on it slowly!
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2015-06-27 13:19:52  
SE generally doesnt hand out two different items for one quest.

Also, both pieces of equipment have adoulin naming conventions, suggesting the come from adoulin content... O_o
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2015-06-27 14:17:55  
It would have to come from Zaldon..... I would imagine

/missing this game now...
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2015-06-27 14:39:30  
Im trying all the fish that might go to zaldon, he wont take anything.

Only new zaldon fish are the 4 ryus from what I see, but Ill keep looking.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2015-06-27 15:02:31  
anything with Remora/dwarf remoras?
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2015-06-27 16:13:09  
Rewora is a nope, that fish has other uses.

Didnt try dwarf remora, not sure where to catch it.
 Ifrit.Showmo
サーバ: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2015-06-27 16:17:16  
If it isn't from any of the new Zaldon fish, my next best guess would be that it's from the new Lu Shang's Rod +1 quest. After talking to the new Lu Shang NPC in Rabao with a Lu Shang's rod in my inventory, I flagged the quest along with 20 new fishing Records of Eminence objectives under Fishing -> Fishing (Tenacity).

I've only completed the first two Reel Endurance objectives so far, but both of them rewarded me with the new Fisherman's Feast food item (x3 for the first and x5 for the second). I wouldn't be surprised if one of the two items came from a certain objective, or that the NPC gave you one of them along with your Lu Shang's Rod +1 once you completed all objectives.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2015-06-27 16:19:48  
Probably not

#1: Theyre level 1 items, and clearly the gloves are intended for newer fishers with weak rods. Not very good gloves for lu shangs.

#2: Its very rare that SE makes a quest with 2 rewards, let alone 3.

#3: The armor pieces have adoulin naming conventions, hinting that they come from adoulin.
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2015-06-27 17:09:53  
Fair enough. I wouldn't put anything past them though— they did pull a shaper's shawl for crafters, which was also a level 1 piece.

As for the gloves, I saw it more as an item to help bridge Lu Shang fishers working on their Ebisu Rod to reduce their rod breaks, since Lik/Gugrusaurus supply or finding a fisher willing to help out has become increasingly more difficult on certain servers these days. Although I guess you could say that's what the +1 version of the Lu Shang's rod is for.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2015-06-27 21:06:20  
Kachina Gloves as a item or reward would seem like a quest item

Glasses more of the final reward on RoE or quest line as well?

Just my thoughts on them
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2015-06-28 01:04:20  
I just completed the "Catch Size and Weight" Lu Shang's +1 Tenacity objective and received the tlahtlamah glasses as the reward. I'm on the 6th Reel Endurance objective right now (but will likely hit fatigue for the night before I can finish it), but since the last one gave me x12 Fisherman's Feast (which is the stack cap), I'm fairly confident the next reward will probably be the kachina gloves, since Records of Eminence doesn't generally reward you with more than the stack's maximum (and each Reel Endurance objective has been rewarding them in increasing amounts). Unless they decide to reward us with another 12 Fisherman's Feast...

If you plan on getting these items, it might be a good idea to invest in a Lu Shang's fishing rod before the price goes up (if it hasn't already). Happy fishing all!

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2015-06-28 01:44:48  
Sick, thank you so much, good job!
By ySoxx 2015-06-28 04:34:46  
^lol, I was lucky then, Lu Shang sells for 2M on my server, logged in after update was one on AH, got it for 2M. It's now at 5M and rising......

Nice investment.
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2015-06-28 12:04:04  
Confirmed— the kachina gloves comes from the "Reel Endurance 6" objective. Surprisingly though, it doesn't end there. A 7th Reel Endurance objective appeared in the quest log... I wonder what it'll reward?

[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-06-28 13:33:36  
You can't do those objectives for the glasses with ebisu?
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2015-06-28 14:14:52  
That's correct. In order to even flag the quest and unlock the extra fishing objectives, you need a Lu Shang's fishing rod in your inventory while speaking with the NPC. Not just that, but even after you unlock them, the objectives specifically state that the catches need to be done with the Lu Shang's fishing rod equipped.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2015-06-28 14:35:31  
Funny how the Lu Shangs quest takes like a week to complete and is exponentially more time consuming than Ebisu lol.
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2015-06-28 17:46:17  
The Reel Endurance 7 objective rewarded me with x15 fisherman's feast, for those who may have been wondering (I guess I was wrong about it not rewarding past the stack limit too); Reel Endurance 8 became available as well.

I don't think there's any other new fishing items we haven't located from the last .dat mine, so I'm expecting the rest to just be more food items unless they throw in something random like guild points or existing gear like the fishing enchantment rings. Guess I won't have to worry about starving for a while with all of this foodstuffs, haha.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2015-06-28 20:30:54  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Funny how the Lu Shangs quest takes like a week to complete and is exponentially more time consuming than Ebisu lol.

Yea, I don't understand this at all.
 Asura.Skyrant
サーバ: Asura
user: shaihulud
By Asura.Skyrant 2015-07-07 12:51:53  
Which fish did you fish for the ROE or give highest amount of Endurance? I have a hard time finding anything that gives more than 15 and has a good bite rate. Titanictus give 10 and are really fast catches, i might stick to them.
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2015-07-07 13:29:49  
For Endurance, just about any ol' fish will do. It's actually based on how long you keep it on the line for, and not the actual fish itself. So if you wait until the very last second (when you get the warning about not being able to keep the fish on the line for much longer), you'll get more endurance credit/points (it credits based on the amount of seconds the fish was on the line for). Good luck!
By dustinfoley 2015-07-07 13:32:30  
What showmo said. I think you can get 25-30 seconds per fish if you just wait for the warning message.

Granted you need to cacth 75 in each area, and by the time you finish that most of the endurance are done anyways.
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-07-11 03:40:15  
Could i have more information on Fisherman's Feast?

how does it increase skill up rate? i assume its a consumable.
how long does it last?

i see its also in the july login campaign. i assume its a new item.
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2015-07-11 04:46:53  
It's a standard consumable food item that lasts for 30 minutes. I don't think anyone has done any testing on how it increases your skill up rate, and the Japanese Wiki also states the increase effect is unknown. The only information given to us by Square Enix is via the new login campaign page in which they state:

Square Enix said:
Exchange 100 points (four logins) for the all-new fisherman's feast. This delicious packed lunch will increase the rate at which your fishing skill increases.

It's likely that it's a +% boost to your chance to receive a fishing skill up, but there's also the possibility they made it similar to the pelican ring, which gives you an additional chance for fishing skill ups to happen (where you can get two skill up messages/procs from a single catch).
By fillerbunny9 2015-07-11 11:45:49  
how many Reel Endurance quests are there? I am on 7 and just wanting to get my lightsaber.
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2015-07-11 13:36:22  
There are 8 in total; the last 2 reward more of the Fisherman's Feast.
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-07-12 01:17:29  
Ifrit.Showmo said: »
It's a standard consumable food item that lasts for 30 minutes. I don't think anyone has done any testing on how it increases your skill up rate, and the Japanese Wiki also states the increase effect is unknown. The only information given to us by Square Enix is via the new login campaign page in which they state:

Square Enix said:
Exchange 100 points (four logins) for the all-new fisherman's feast. This delicious packed lunch will increase the rate at which your fishing skill increases.

It's likely that it's a +% boost to your chance to receive a fishing skill up, but there's also the possibility they made it similar to the pelican ring, which gives you an additional chance for fishing skill ups to happen (where you can get two skill up messages/procs from a single catch).

thanks,

i wonder how that would work. since wearing two pelican's rings also works in your favor.

is it dbox/trade-able?
 Ifrit.Showmo
By Ifrit.Showmo 2015-07-12 04:01:35  
Yeah, I've seen a few placed up on the auction house, but I think the only way to get them right now is via the new Lu Shang's +1 quest and the login campaign. The New Recipes -June 25, 2015 Update thread on BG reported that the Fisherman's Feast was not found on the recipe list in the cooking guild.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [203 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2016-01-31 11:42:18  
Whats a good fish for Catch Size and Weight? Something that is pretty big that bites frequently.
First Page 2