Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 216 217 218
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-06-02 13:52:35  
Rife said: »
Sure they talk about both, but the level to which things are twisted are far different. And personally im speaking more about things like, late shows. Media that tries to be "hip" try to paint the idea that Hilary is the only hope for a decent pres. I don't see much mention of Hilary completley fabricating a story about sniper fire, or the level at which she has flip flopped on issues/laws
Late shows are entertainment. I assumed you were talking about news outlets. Yeah he gets beat up on late night. He's easy to make fun of.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-02 13:57:38  
I can totally relate
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-02 14:41:20  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I love that liberals claim tolerance etc, but are FAR more bigoted towards anyone who disagrees with them. Media is ran by liberals, and they all are trying their very best to demonize trump, while putting Hilary on a pedestal. This woman has lied so many times its unreal. Atleast Trump is different from the same old crap.
Yes, the media absolutely loves Hillary, which is why you never hear about any scandals involving the Clintons.

You hear about less than half of them.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-06-02 14:47:45  
"Less than half" sounds more than made up.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-02 14:48:38  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

where do you guys keep coming up with these calculations?

if there's really twice as many clinton scandals as anyone else knows about... how did you find out about them? and what are they?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-02 14:51:13  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
"Less than half" sounds more than made up.

I'm twice as angry as you are about it
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-02 14:51:36  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

where do you guys keep coming up with these calculations?

if there's really twice as many clinton scandals as anyone else knows about... how did you find out about them? and what are they?

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-02 14:53:53  
Romney could not ever reference binders full of female staff picks without everyone loosing their mind. He just sat there, took it, and it got him nowhere.

Trump isn't going to put up with the "everything goes into he spin machine" method the media uses to fit their own narrative. He will call them out on it and he'll win doing it.

It's about time.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-02 14:58:58  
Seems like nausi doesn't understand the difference between the media and late night comedy shows. Nothing Trump has said so far regarding the actual issues is being misrepresented or "spun". He flip flops on every issue, the most recent one today on nuclear weapons, because he forgets what his stances are.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-02 15:01:11  
I love the fact you're the biggest fanboy I've ever seen in P&R, despite repeatedly suggesting (unsubstantiated) fanboyism of Obama is akin to commiting a horrific crime.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-02 15:07:22  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Seems like nausi doesn't understand the difference between the media and late night comedy shows. Nothing Trump has said so far regarding the actual issues is being misrepresented or "spun". He flip flops on every issue, the most recent one today on nuclear weapons, because he forgets what his stances are.

He should just do what Hillary does. It's way easier to figure out your stance when everything you say is carefully crafted to maximize the number of votes.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-02 18:37:23  
We need to boost the morale of this thread here:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-02 18:53:47  
fonewear said: »
We need to boost the morale of this thread here:

[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-02 19:26:42  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
I don't see much mention of Hilary completley fabricating a story about sniper fire, or the level at which she has flip flopped on issues/laws

News report new things, they actually spend way too much time repeating the same crap over and over until they find something else to report on so they can just repeat that process.

Seriously the sniper thing was like 7 years ago why should they make articles about it now?

Why not? It's not like Whitewater and Monica Lewinsky aren't going to get brought in the next few months. The political machine will make sure that young voters who do not know Hilary's past know it. Expect many floggings of dead horses.

Admittedly veering off topic with this observation, but have you noticed trend in how our involvement in the Middle East has been depicted lately? 'American Sniper', '13 Hours' and 'Lone Survivor' are a far cry from, say, 'The Hurt Locker'. I'm still wondering why they haven't put out a Pat Tillman movie, but those of us who were old enough to remember know the implications of that might not sit well with some.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-02 19:51:21  
Actually, Miss Chanti, you're old enough to remember the Vietnam war, what did you think of the media cutting off footage of bodies coming home from the Afghanistan/Iraq war in about 2005/6 (IIRC)? I'm sure most people in their thirties here know that people very few years our junior were completely shielded from the early footage. What do you think of Trump's continuation of involvement of their conflict?

Opening the floor to Omael and Nik too, even though they were younger.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-02 20:04:31  
New York AG: Trump U 'really a fraud from beginning to end
Politico

Excerpts:
Quote:
“In New York, we have laws against business fraud, we have laws against consumer fraud,” Schneiderman told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on “Good Morning America,” when asked which specific laws the Manhattan mogul broke in New York state, which filed a lawsuit against Trump in 2013. “We have a law against running an illegal unlicensed university. This never was a university. The fraud started with the name of the organization, and you can’t just go around saying this is the George Stephanopoulos Law Firm/Hospital/University without actually qualifying and registering, so it was really a fraud from beginning to end.”...

Pressed on his reelection campaign sending out an email touting the case against Trump on Wednesday as well as his name on Hillary Clinton’s New York leadership team, Schneiderman flatly rejected the Trump claim that the charges are politically motivated.

“Not at all. The case was brought in August of 2013 after over a year of investigation and extensive negotiations with Trump. If I had come on your show and said in August 2013 he would be the Republican nominee for president, you probably never would have invited me again,” Schneiderman said. “This is not a political case. It’s a straight-up fraud case.”

“We were bringing cases against different for-profit colleges. This one stuck out like a sore thumb because it really was remarkable. The New York state Department of Education was chasing them around, saying you can’t hold yourself out as a university. They kept saying they would change their name or move out of New York,” Schneiderman said. “This was just a scam.”
[+]
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-06-02 20:09:06  
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-02 20:09:35  
Trump: I'll reopen Trump University after I win

Openers:
Quote:
Donald Trump on Thursday vowed to reopen Trump University, the beleaguered real estate seminar business that is the target of multiple lawsuits and has become a new favorite attack line for Hillary Clinton.

"After the litigation is disposed of and the case won, I have instructed my execs to open Trump U(?), so much interest in it! I will be pres." Trump tweeted Thursday.

Despite Trump University being the subject of two class-action lawsuits and a $40 million lawsuit from New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, Trump has previously expressed interest in reopening the business, either running it himself or at the charge of his adult children within the Trump Organization.

The latest declaration follows days of negative coverage of Trump's role in the business, exacerbated by reams of unsealed court documents that the presumptive Republican nominee's legal team had sought to keep from public view. U.S. District Court Judge Gonzalo Curiel, who has faced the wrath of Trump on Twitter and on the campaign trail, on Tuesday evening tried to re-seal certain documents that had been "mistakenly" released, but are in the possession of numerous news organizations, including POLITICO....
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-02 20:17:28  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Admittedly veering off topic with this observation, but have you noticed trend in how our involvement in the Middle East has been depicted lately? 'American Sniper', '13 Hours' and 'Lone Survivor' are a far cry from, say, 'The Hurt Locker'. I'm still wondering why they haven't put out a Pat Tillman movie, but those of us who were old enough to remember know the implications of that might not sit well with some.

All really bad movies, Lone Survivor was at least a mostly accurate depiction. I doubt they make a Tillman movie, nobody wants to see a soldier's story come to an end with a friendly fire death.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-02 20:20:36  

All really bad movies, Lone Survivor was at least a mostly accurate depiction. I doubt they make a Tillman movie, nobody wants to see a soldier's story come to an end with a friendly fire death.

Well, if they're taking liberties with Benghazi, do you remember the flurry around Pat Tillman's death?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-02 20:27:10  

Well, if they're taking liberties with Benghazi, do you remember the flurry around Pat Tillman's death?

I remember it got a lot of coverage because he gave up his NFL career, I felt it was over glamorizing the bravery of 1 guy as opposed to the equally brave soldiers that also died but got no where near the amount of coverage. Then there was an investigation into his death because it turns out he was killed by friendly fire, I don't remember if his unit was in the wrong position or the artillery unit fired on the wrong position.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-02 20:33:44  
It was the original glorified statement of his death contrasted with the sad reality.

The one I remember: "he died shouting orders and attempting to protect his unit."

"DON'T SHOOT I'M PAT *** TILLMAN."
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-02 20:37:11  
Actually, Miss Chanti, you're old enough to remember the Vietnam war, what did you think of the media cutting off footage of bodies coming home from the Afghanistan/Iraq war in about 2005/6 (IIRC)? I'm sure most people in their thirties here know that people very few years our junior were completely shielded from the early footage. What do you think of Trump's continuation of involvement of their conflict?

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-02 20:55:00  

I didn't like it. We should be reminded of our sacrifices.

But I know why they did it. They had learned the lessons of having a free, uncontrolled media in Viet Nam. An in this aspect as well they were fighting the last war.

I worry about worse things than Trump's mideast views. Like his thin skinned short fingers on the big red button.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-02 20:55:45  

I remember it got a lot of coverage because he gave up his NFL career, I felt it was over glamorizing the bravery of 1 guy as opposed to the equally brave soldiers that also died but got no where near the amount of coverage. Then there was an investigation into his death because it turns out he was killed by friendly fire, I don't remember if his unit was in the wrong position or the artillery unit fired on the wrong position.

Okay. Do you remember the conspiracy theories attached to that event (not saying I believe them), and what parallels can you make with the whirlwind around Hillary, despite there being a closed investigation?

Why does one story warrant more attention than another?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-02 21:05:15  
One being the easier sell for war hawk propagandists to armchair patriots? Is probably why.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-02 21:13:01  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
I didn't like it. We should be reminded of our sacrifices.

But I know why they did it. They had learned the lessons of having a free, uncontrolled media in Viet Nam. An in this aspect as well they were fighting the last war.

I worry about worse things than Trump's mideast views. Like his thin skinned short fingers on the big red button.

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
One being the easier sell for war hawk propagandists to armchair patriots? Is probably why.

So, to both of you, do you feel as though we are so detached from this on-going war that people are so cavalier about it?

I mean, I wouldn't doubt that some of our resident 'Pubs were former Bush supporters if they were old enough or cared enough to vote. (I voted for Bush's second term.) When some make disparaging comments about Obama and Hillary and denounce Bush, I can't help but notice a little hypocrisy in supporting Trump.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-02 21:22:05  
It was early in the war and the media was looking for a hero, with Pat Tillman they thought that they had one so they blew it out to tell his "amazing" story and it got way out of control. The Army didn't help matters by being so vague about the circumstances of his death. They didn't want to admit he died from rounds fired by his own platoon and the media certainly didn't want to report it.

With Benghazi/Syria/Iraq people are just looking for villains. No one is interested in any feel good stories they just want to blame someone for something even when its not there.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-02 21:31:24  
Okay. For those that don't remember, here's the scoop that was fluttering around at the time:

His brother is an anti-war activist now. There was a mishandling of his body and suspected foul-play as far as his autopsy, which has led to years of questioning the Bush administration's handling of the situation. It was also noted, that after Tillman's service time was up, he was disenchanted with his iconic status and was going to rally against the Bush administration and the war. His family points to this as the reason he was murdered.

Clint Eastwood would never direct or produce that diddy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-02 21:35:46  
It's the post Vietnam approach with "Hearts and Minds" R.O.E mixed into Reagan era propaganda that America is so overly powerful that population should expect minimal casualties on our end.

I don't go so far as to say we cherry picked skirmishes in the 80's allowing for this mentality. However, it was apparent during Operation Desert Storm that the perception was that we could face roll on Iraq. We did too, so it was justified and maybe that's why the random downing of a plane or death of a US Soldier in combat was over glorified and sensationalized in it's coverage.

Interestingly enough we didn't get a lot of coverage in the Clinton era with respect to Somalia and Bosnia. It was almost like a media blackout outside of Black Hawk Down.

Then you had the over exposure and sensationalism during the Bush era wars but no real visceral coverage of the combat. That lack of real combat coverage more than likely romanticized the concept in some peoples mind, especially coupled with recent memory of 9/11. More than likely that combination is responsible for fascist like the cult of patriotism that manifested on the fringes of society and capitalized on by 2004-05.

More than likely its the by product of a capitalist economy and society in world where wars are big business.

All in all its a far cry from what WWI, WWII and the Korean Wars were advertised as.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 216 217 218