users online
Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 216 217 218
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-02 22:09:02  
Granted, depictions of war have been alive as long as film and used as propaganda and over romanticized, I think there was a period right after the beginning of the second Iraq War and our foray into Afghanistan that the tone and underpinnings were a little bit different.

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Interestingly enough we didn't get a lot of coverage in the Clinton era with respect to Somalia and Bosnia. It was almost like a media blackout outside of Black Hawk Down.

See, I don't remember this vividly, so I can admit to some confirmation bias. As I've said before, it was footage of bodies floating down a river during the Rwandan War that I started having exposure.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-06-02 22:17:49  
Ah yes the Hutu and Tutsi that was another one from the Clinton era. Or as I like to say MTv's political activist era. (was also their best era content wise; not to go off on a tangent from genocide)
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-02 22:50:21  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
I worry about worse things than Trump's mideast views. Like his thin skinned short fingers on the big red button.

we disconnected the button when ronnie started losing it... now it just makes jellybeans come out of the head of one of the george washington busts

there is no way in hell trump wont push it just to see what happens

<jellybean jackpot sound>
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-02 23:42:20  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Rife said: »
Sure they talk about both, but the level to which things are twisted are far different. And personally im speaking more about things like, late shows. Media that tries to be "hip" try to paint the idea that Hilary is the only hope for a decent pres. I don't see much mention of Hilary completley fabricating a story about sniper fire, or the level at which she has flip flopped on issues/laws
Late shows are entertainment. I assumed you were talking about news outlets. Yeah he gets beat up on late night. He's easy to make fun of.

There is no difference between entertainment and news outlets in 2016. There are no lines anymore. Journalism is celebrity, period. If it is on TV or the Internet, no matter which capacity, it is absorbed as reality by a massive gullible audience. Sarcasm and mockery is the most powerful form of propaganda. It has been Obama's playbook for 8 years no different than propagandists Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-06-03 00:41:59  
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-06-03 01:23:26  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Rife said: »
Sure they talk about both, but the level to which things are twisted are far different. And personally im speaking more about things like, late shows. Media that tries to be "hip" try to paint the idea that Hilary is the only hope for a decent pres. I don't see much mention of Hilary completley fabricating a story about sniper fire, or the level at which she has flip flopped on issues/laws
Late shows are entertainment. I assumed you were talking about news outlets. Yeah he gets beat up on late night. He's easy to make fun of.

There is no difference between entertainment and news outlets in 2016. There are no lines anymore. Journalism is celebrity, period. If it is on TV or the Internet, no matter which capacity, it is absorbed as reality by a massive gullible audience. Sarcasm and mockery is the most powerful form of propaganda. It has been Obama's playbook for 8 years no different than propagandists Stephen Colbert or Jon Stewart.
Actually, no disagreement other than your confusion between propaganda and satire.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-03 04:51:10  
Propaganda and satire are not mutually exclusive, though. I'd say Stewart was more guilty of the former than Colbert, but they managed to blur the lines between the two regularly.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-03 07:15:00  
More violence at a another trump rally by the party of tolerance.

One wonder how long the Democratic Party will continue to endorse these brown shirt tactics by not condemning them as a group.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-03 07:16:02  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
More violence at a another trump rally by the party of tolerance.

One wonder how long the Democratic Party will continue to endorse these brown shirt tactics by not condemning them as a group.

It's only violence if Republicans commit it !
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-03 08:52:45  
More violence at a another trump rally

goddamit nausi! you know how much I like violence! where is the video!?

<pbs announcers voice>
This riot was sponsored in part by.... telemundo, the dnc pretending to care about you since 1828, cnn and viewers like you....
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-03 08:57:23  
and George Soros! the dark shadow that fills your heart with complacency since 1978!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-03 14:03:51  
Trump goes out and slams Hillary and gets blamed for inciting riots at his rally.

Hillary goes out and slams trump and doesn't get blamed for inciting riots at trump's rally.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-03 14:10:12  
Trump goes out and slams Hillary and gets blamed for inciting riots at his rally.

Hillary goes out and slams trump and doesn't get blamed for inciting riots at trump's rally.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe because the foul conduct at Trump rallies should be blamed on the people who engage in rioting at these rallies, and it says more about the type of people a candidate attracts? There's a real chicken/egg scenario going on here, though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-03 14:13:31  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you really can't compare a year of vitriol to the one semi-interesting thing hillary has said in 6 years. i mean, you can, but don't expect anyone to take your point seriously.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-03 14:14:27  
also, trump doesn't need someone to slam him to whip up a frenzy of hate against him. he does just fine on his own.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-03 14:15:40  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you really can't compare a year of vitriol to the one semi-interesting thing hillary has said in 6 years. i mean, you can, but don't expect anyone to take your point seriously.

I'll just put you in the "really believes the media is neutral" category.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-03 14:20:27  
lol, ok.
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2016-06-03 14:21:13  
Trump angry as golf tournament is moved to Mexico
Enjoy.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-06-03 14:35:24  
Quote:
"I hope they have kidnapping insurance," Mr Trump told Fox News.
Ok, I loled.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-03 14:49:40  
I almost responded in a serious fashion.

Never mind that, be reminded that golf cannot save you from your impending impregnation of the reptilian persuasion.

[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-03 15:23:38  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe because the foul conduct at Trump rallies should be blamed on the people who engage in rioting at these rallies, and it says more about the type of people a candidate attracts? There's a real chicken/egg scenario going on here, though.

Rioters aren't attracted to the rallies, they are sent to the rallies Democrats. It's not complicated. If Trump supporters were the problem they would be storming Hillary Clinton rallies and violently attacking her supporters.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-06-03 15:41:17  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rioters aren't attracted to the rallies, they are sent to the rallies Democrats. It's not complicated. If Trump supporters were the problem they would be storming Hillary Clinton rallies and violently attacking her supporters.
Which candidate told his supporters that he would pay their legal bills if they got into a fight with protestors?
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-06-03 17:24:18  
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Which candidate told his supporters that he would pay their legal bills if they got into a fight with protestors?
YouTube Video Placeholder

Can we sue him for 40 trillion over this one?
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2016-06-03 19:26:18  
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-06-03 20:05:03  
New York Attorney General Schneiderman sues Donald Trump in $40 million fraud suit
Looking for clarification here. Lets say Trump loses this lawsuit. Where does 40 million go exactly. To the Attorney General or to the 5,000 ppl that attended TrumpU?
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-03 20:09:03  
Just read the article.
Quote:
It alleges “persistent fraud” and seeks to repay all 5,000 customers. It also seeks additional penalties and fines.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-03 21:02:28  
Granted, depictions of war have been alive as long as film and used as propaganda and over romanticized, ...
As long as FILM?

Have you never read Homer?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-03 21:08:41  
Siren.Akson said: »
New York Attorney General Schneiderman sues Donald Trump in $40 million fraud suit
Looking for clarification here. Lets say Trump loses this lawsuit. Where does 40 million go exactly. To the Attorney General or to the 5,000 ppl that attended TrumpU?
Look at my post on this on the last page.

As far as I know the class actions pay the defrauded and the lawyers. The NY AG's suit will pay NY victims then the state's general fund.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-03 21:40:46  
Oh fricking wow article.

How an Outsider President Killed a Party

The Whigs chose power over principles when they nominated Zachary Taylor in 1848. The party never recovered.

Full disclosure: while I am educated in history this period of American history is a weak point. This article is eye opening to me.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 216 217 218