Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 216 217 218
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-10 12:25:36  
You have a very poorly educated idea of academy.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-10 12:29:02  
So lets look at a Gallup poll:

Looks like it'll be white men v. the world in this election. But that was already kinda obvious given the rhetoric route.

Trumps highest favorability are among married, religious, white men. Income factors in but Clinton is favored among the rich in ways that mirror Trump. Mainly because the two aren't too apart on issues there.

Of the categories that Trump is losing badly in, it would be very hard for him to lure over most of those groups. He could pull over some married women and the Catholic vote but his best bet would be to pull out more white male voters who might choose to sit out otherwise.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-10 12:35:29  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
So far, Mr. Trump leads Mrs. Clinton by 27 points among white voters without a degree, 58 percent to 31 percent,

*sigh*

Everyone has the same right to vote, but the uneducated, easily-swayed-by-rhetoric deciding things is really upsetting.

That said, nobody asked to get back on topic!

College students are more swayed by rhetoric than any other group. A college degree more often than not leaves people poorly educated with a very narrow focus on useless trivia they forget within five years taught to them by close minded inexperienced adult students that stayed in college forever.

And a high school diploma leaves you crushing beer cans with your head while complaining that all the Mexicans are stealing your jobs and the blacks are the source of all ills. When they aren't avoiding the crushing reality that their lives are an open dumpster fire, they fuel the reality TV craze that spawned by Trump by daring to believe that everything they see is infact true.

Often seen with two to three children in tow.

See? Anyone can play this game. I encourage more to join in.

Wow. The absolute hate and overt racism in your post is not lost. Take a time out.

I'm a regular fountain of hatred, a purveyor of bile. I gorge upon fear and spew it forth as bile. All shall be tainted with pestilence.

Might want to learn what satire is. They teach it in the college you so loathe. Enroll some time.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-10 12:40:11  

Looks like it'll be white men v. the world in this election. But that was already kinda obvious given the rhetoric route.

Trumps highest favorability are among married, religious, white men. Income factors in but Clinton is favored among the rich in ways that mirror Trump. Mainly because the two aren't too apart on issues there.

Of the categories that Trump is losing badly in, it would be very hard for him to lure over most of those groups. He could pull over some married women and the Catholic vote but his best bet would be to pull out more white male voters who might choose to sit out otherwise.

These are largely based on exit polls who's accuracy has been called into question lately. It will be tough for trump to get a large portion of minorities or women, but old white men make up a disproportionate amount of ballots cast.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-10 12:41:49  
Might want to learn what satire is. They teach it in the college

I wouldn't recommend it as a major.... /stares at foney
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-10 12:45:01  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Might want to learn what satire is. They teach it in the college

I wouldn't recommend it as a major.... /stares at foney

Art History has proven to be immensely invaluable for me. With it I make latte creations the world has never seen.

Now do you want a chocobo or a moogle on that?
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2016-06-10 12:45:36  
Trumps talking in my town tonight i wish i could go but im moving this weekend. I didnt even plan to go to a rally until i saw the san jose attacks. We Cant let bullies destroy ideas with violence, no matter how bad you think they are.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-10 12:49:45  
I dunno, I've found my degree to be very useful, but there is something to be said for professors in certain fields being out of touch with reality. Two personal examples:

1. My statistics professors (with the exception of one) told me that real businesses do not use Microsoft Excel to do data analysis. Yeah. Took me about a week in the real world to realize how out of touch with reality that was.

2. I had two professors in particular who would not shut up about a new philosophy in statistics, how it was changing the way the world views statistics and how the old ways were wrong. They forced the students to relearn how to calculate practically everything so that they were more in line with the "axioms of probability". I have yet to meet a non-statistician who has a clue what I'm talking about when I mention it, and I've never had a reason to use the "new" method even once (because if I did it would confuse the crap out of the people I make reports for).
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-10 13:00:20  
I did notice more recently that instructors in subjective fields like sociology and communications have a pretty progressive lean, but the ones I've dealt with don't preach it in the classroom.

There is the old saying that those who cannot do, teach. By the very nature of education, instructors are not in the field, so they are disconnected. Unfortunately, internships and apprenticeships don't work in many fields.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-10 13:11:11  
There are incompetent people in every field. The romantic idea that every internship / apprenticeship is a changing of the guard goes right out the window when you're stuck with some jerkass who doesn't want to give up any of his 'secrets' or decides to make your life hell via hazing.

I've had brilliant professors who couldn't teach for the life of them. Be that communication issues, an unwillingness to separate themselves from their own work or just general apathy.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-10 13:16:49  
Oh there's definitely drawbacks either way, some fields lend themselves better to one or the other, but bad teachers are bad in the classroom and the field.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-10 13:19:37  
hazing

can you show us on the doll where he touched you?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-10 13:32:05  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
hazing

can you show us on the doll where he touched you?

Get me a piece of PVC pipe and I'll demonstrate.
By fonewear 2016-06-10 14:35:53  

Let's not !
By fonewear 2016-06-10 14:39:50  
I made ffxiah poll asking if polls are stupid...89% said yes the other 11% said what is a poll?
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-10 14:42:55  
85% of statistics are made up on the spot.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-10 14:43:55  
Hillary was in rare form during her victory speech on Tuesday. I haven't seen her that fired up since she was leading the Crusade against gay marriage in the Senate.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-10 14:48:43  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I dunno, I've found my degree to be very useful, but there is something to be said for professors in certain fields being out of touch with reality. Two personal examples:

1. My statistics professors (with the exception of one) told me that real businesses do not use Microsoft Excel to do data analysis. Yeah. Took me about a week in the real world to realize how out of touch with reality that was.

2. I had two professors in particular who would not shut up about a new philosophy in statistics, how it was changing the way the world views statistics and how the old ways were wrong. They forced the students to relearn how to calculate practically everything so that they were more in line with the "axioms of probability". I have yet to meet a non-statistician who has a clue what I'm talking about when I mention it, and I've never had a reason to use the "new" method even once (because if I did it would confuse the crap out of the people I make reports for).
Smart businesses use something besides excel (VBA), but frankly most businesses are cheap and use something they've already paid for and already understand rather than trying something different. Like R or Python which are free but require learning something new. Or SAS, or matlab, or a variety of other programs which are excellent, but it also depends on what the business is doing.

Either way Excel is better than e-views. Which is a craptastic program that finagled it's way into many statistics undergraduate and graduate textbooks in the last few years
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-10 15:10:30  
So far, Mr. Trump leads Mrs. Clinton by 27 points among white voters without a degree, 58 percent to 31 percent,

*sigh*

Everyone has the same right to vote, but the uneducated, easily-swayed-by-rhetoric deciding things is really upsetting.

College students are more swayed by rhetoric than any other group. A college degree more often than not leaves people poorly educated with a very narrow focus on useless trivia they forget within five years taught to them by close minded inexperienced adult students that stayed in college forever.

You forgot to mention the overwhelming sense of entitlement that expects other people to pay for their useless degree. "Wah I spent all my time learning nothing of value in the real world, clearly it's someone else's fault!"
[+]
By volkom 2016-06-10 15:24:24  
I want to see an Asian VP
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-10 16:38:12  
volkom said: »
Gary Locke, former governor of Washington state, is the best qualified Asian American politician. Period.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-10 16:41:58  
More Republican fallout:

Hackensack Mayor, Deputy Mayor Break With GOP in Protest of Trump as Presumptive Presidential Nominee

News 4 New York (NBC)

Quote:
The mayor and deputy mayor of a New Jersey city have ditched their Republican party affiliation, fed up with what they call racist comments by Donald Trump, the party's presumptive presidential nominee.

"It's crossing the line now. We're getting to the point where you can't be doing that," said Hackensack Mayor John Labrosse.

"This was not a decision we made lightly," said Deputy Mayor Kathleen Canestrino.

Labrosse and Canestrino ended their party affiliation Thursday and now consider themselves independents. They did not vote for Trump in the New Jersey primaries this past Tuesday.

Trump has been criticized for racially charged comments about Mexicans and Muslims, and drew backlash from many in the Republican party last week after implying an American-born judge presiding over a Trump University lawsuit may not be impartial because of his Mexican heritage.

With a roughly 40 percent Latino population in Hackensack, Labrosse and Canestrino said they owed it to their citizens to distance themselves from Trump.

"It was important for us to say to anyone who's listening that this is not anything we're fond or anything we'll tolerate in our city," said Canestrino.

Ben Rivero, a Republican and owner of Casual Habana Cafe on Hackensack's Main Street said he, too, is disillusioned by the election.

"I'm very happy to hear that the mayor stands behind the Latin community," he said, but added, "I'm not going to vote for Hillary Clinton, that's for sure."

Despite their break with the GOP, Labrosse and Canestrino also say Clinton doesn't have their vote just yet.

"I've voted for Democrats in the past and Republicans in the past, and I'm gonna vote for whoever I think is the best person at the time," said Labrosse.

The mayor and deputy mayor say the city council is a non-partisan voting body so their change won't have any effect on how it is governed.

They say Trump could win their votes for November if he changes his rhetoric.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-10 17:09:39  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
volkom said: »
Gary Locke, former governor of Washington state, is the best qualified Asian American politician. Period.
Sadly, Daniel Inouye isn't around anymore. Dude was a badass.

Also, Mitt Romney is now a voice of reason. What the ***?!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-10 18:18:26  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Mitt Romney is now a voice of reason. What the ***?!
Floored me too. A STUNNING take down of Trump.

Romney says Trump will change America with 'trickle-down racism'
CNN

Excerpts:
Quote:
"I don't want to see trickle-down racism" Romney said in an interview here in a suite overlooking the Wasatch Mountains, where he is hosting his yearly ideas conference. "I don't want to see a president of the United States saying things which change the character of the generations of Americans that are following. Presidents have an impact on the nature of our nation, and trickle-down racism, trickle-down bigotry, trickle-down misogyny, all these things are extraordinarily dangerous to the heart and character of America."

Romney again speculated about what might be in Trump's tax returns, which he has repeatedly declined to release, claiming that he's under audit. Asked what might be in there, Romney referred to a months-ago comment by Trump that he could not lose support even if he shot someone on Fifth Avenue in New York City.
"He's calculated that he could get support even if he shot someone, but if he released his taxes, he'd lose support," Romney said. "So there's something in those taxes that's even worse than shooting someone on Fifth Avenue."

"I don't think he got the scrutiny applied to him that is typically applied to a front-runner by the people running against him," he said, lamenting that they were "firing at each other." "Jeb Bush had a super PAC of over $100 million. And they focused their fire on Marco Rubio and others, as opposed to focusing it on the front-runner."
But if Romney had ran?
"Had I been in the race," he said, "I can assure you, I would have taken him on."

Also:

McConnell: 'Obvious' Trump doesn't know issues
And the turtle SUPPORTS him!

It seems that he has a habit of stiffing his contractors and workers. A sucky business model but it works for him.

Reports: Donald Trump stiffs contractors

Excerpts:
Quote:
Washington (CNN)Donald Trump has a pattern of not paying or underpaying bills to everyone from waiters to painters and carpenters to a banking firm -- and was even facing foreclosure at the Trump National Doral Miami golf club, according to exhaustive new reports.
According to an investigation by USA Today published Thursday and a similar investigation by The Wall Street Journal published later in the day on Thursday, Trump's companies are facing hundreds of claims that Trump has stiffed people he contracted with for decades.

USA Today cited numerous examples, including a case as recent as last month in which a Miami-Dade County Circuit Court judge ordered Trump's company to pay a paint supply company more than $30,000 by the end of this month or face foreclosure of the Trump National Doral Miami golf club. According to The Miami Herald, The Paint Spot claimed Trump has owed them the money since 2014.

In another case, the Philadelphia cabinet business of Edward Friel Jr. was never paid more than $83,000 for work completed in 1984, the weight of which Friel's son said started the fall of the company.

USA Today analyzed at least 60 lawsuits and more than 200 mechanic's liens for the report, also finding 24 citations since 2005 of Trump's companies for violating the Fair Labor Standards Act "for failing to pay overtime or minimum wage."

The court records showed not only a pattern of not paying, but also of Trump companies tying up small businesses and individuals in lengthy legal dealings until they either settle, give up or sometimes go out of business altogether*.
* Emphasis added. Remember he has lawyers on staff. It literally costs him only filing fees to do this.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-10 19:26:46  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

*sigh*

You forgot to mention the overwhelming sense of entitlement that expects other people to pay for their useless degree. "Wah I spent all my time learning nothing of value in the real world, clearly it's someone else's fault!"

Some degrees have pretty minimal market value, but the majority of post secondary degrees and certificates earned are done with grants and small loans in blue collar fields at community colleges. The small minority of college students who get liberal arts degrees and whine about underemployment and debt are just the ones who are the loudest.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-10 20:38:58  
Jassik said: »
.... The small minority of college students who get liberal arts degrees and whine about underemployment and debt are just the ones who are the loudest.
I like my history degree. But I mostly sewed for my living. Sewing historical costumes was fun.

I never whined about my degree.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-11 12:52:02  
I might listen to advice from Mitt Romney on a lot of things. Winning an election is not one of those things.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-11 12:58:23  
I might listen to advice from Mitt Romney on a lot of things. Winning an election is not one of those things.
Even so, he does have more experience in the field than Trump, which I can see why some may see that as a plus for Trump but I don't think Trump is the right person.
By Jetackuu 2016-06-11 13:01:18  
Bahamut.Kara said: »
matlab

I so get tired of installing this for people. What part of "I'll run the installer but we don't support it" don't they get?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-11 23:29:01  
How Donald Trump Bankrupted His Atlantic City Casinos, but Still Earned Millions
NY Times out not paywalled.

Perhaps because I linked it through the HuffPo?
First Page 2 3 ... 118 119 120 ... 216 217 218