Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 216 217 218
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-15 11:48:32  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Yeah, by now Trump will be making up more stuff about the American shooter.
Is there even a source that he was gay or is that speculation?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-15 11:49:25  
Hey if you can talk bad of both muslims and gays that's a precious chance!
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-15 11:49:48  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I have not heard that. I'very heard he basically stalked the club and some men from the club over the last few years.
By fonewear 2016-06-15 11:49:52  

I heard not only he is gay but transgender !
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-15 11:51:55  
fonewear said: »

I heard not only he is gay but transgender !
Let's claim he was also a furry that went by Cassie Coyote or something.
By fonewear 2016-06-15 11:55:23  
I'm pretty sure CNN etc has setup tents so they can live in Orlando for the next 3 weeks. With 24/7 coverage that while other news continues around the world.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-15 12:00:17  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
These people have been convicted of no crime but should lose constitutional rights?

I'll get a storm for this, but I don't think owning firearms should be a constitutional right. People using firearms should be properly trained and mentally stable.

Do you understand what and how a Constitution works ?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-15 12:06:00  

Yes. Did you think constitutions cannot be modified?

It can be but it isn't just as easy as taking a sharpie and rewriting Constitutional rights...

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-15 12:08:13  
These people have been convicted of no crime but should lose constitutional rights?

I'll get a storm for this, but I don't think owning firearms should be a constitutional right. People using firearms should be properly trained and mentally stable.

Yes. Did you think constitutions cannot be modified?

It can be but it isn't just as easy as taking a sharpie and rewriting Constitutional rights...
I'm...actually impressed. Nicely done.
By fonewear 2016-06-15 12:14:29  
I'm no Constitutional scholar but I think the founding fathers knew a thing or two about forming a country. And to change the Constitution (implement new gun laws) cause some nut kills people. That would be a bit of an overreaction.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2016-06-15 12:17:09  
You guys read up on the BLM leader hack?

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-15 12:43:27  
Odin.Slore said: »
Just like the recent attack in Paris with the cop and his wife, if people want to kill others they will find a way regardless of banning legal owners from having firearms.

It is a person issue not a gun issue. If we are to not judge all Muslims by the actions of a few, then why do we judge all gun owners by the actions of a few?
No one is claiming the person is responsible but they are claiming that guns make it very easy to commit these crimes...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-15 12:44:21  
Speculation at this time from what I've read...
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-15 12:45:48  
I'm no Constitutional scholar but I think the founding fathers knew a thing or two about forming a country. And to change the Constitution (implement new gun laws) cause some nut kills people. That would be a bit of an overreaction.

The problem is that the world changes a lot over time and what was best for people in the past might not work in the present or future.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-15 12:56:51  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

The problem is that the world changes a lot over time and what was best for people in the past might not work in the present or future.

When we get a group of lawmakers that can prove that they are actually competent enough to handle present-day problems well, only then would I consider letting them change documents as important as the Constitution.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-15 13:06:28  
If it is a gun issue why has this only become a problem in say the last 30 years? I am 41 and you never heard of this happening back in the day. I still say it's a people issue not a gun issue. How can you argue that it is not. When I was in school in early 80's we actually were taught guns in school, we fired them in school(well outside).

The problem I see is the people more so the object. I live in NY, if you think you can just walk into any gun shop and buy a gun your mistaken. When I bought my last pistol I still had to have a background check even though I have my pistol permit, do not even get me started on the hops you have to jump through to get a permit. Takes upwards of 6 months, full fbi background check, mental health background check, fingerprints, its not easy.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-15 13:09:53  

The standard interoperation of the 2nd amendment was different in the time of the founders. The current interpretation didn't come about until the early 20th century by a supreme court ruling. If they did pass a law limiting it, it would likely lead to a case that could change the interpretation again. Amendments aren't the only way that the constitution changes. The patriot act and the 5th amendment comes to mind.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-15 13:12:16  
Like I said... It is a people issue but it's also a gun issue... People make the argument that it relative simplicity to obtain in many states as well as the ease of use makes it very deadly in comparison to other weapons...

Many people have no experience with weapons as well as fear them... Some people never experience their use in their lives and don't see why others can't get by the same way... Let's be honest here though there is no taking away everyone's guns... Even if we wanted too it would take forever to do it... There's more guns out there than people in the us... I do believe if you want a gun though there should be restrictions and something implemented like we do for obtaining a drivers license... People should be comfortable with and actually be able to use it defensively to protect themselves as well as learn about gun safety
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-15 13:21:00  
I do not think you could ever outlaw guns anyway. The people would simply not stand for it. I think it would be another revolution, hell I do not think we are that far from one now.
By Jetackuu 2016-06-15 13:24:58  

Good thing that it's a natural right. The Constitution doesn't grant us our rights. It's a common misconception though.

You're entitled to your opinion and we're entitled to tell you to get bent.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-15 13:35:31  
I've always found it interesting that the people fighting hardest to keep their guns are the only kinds of people I want guns taken away from.

Guns are a tool. They're not toys, and they're definitely not something you feel entitled to because it makes you feel like a big man.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-15 13:39:08  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I've always found it interesting that the people fighting hardest to keep their guns are the only kinds of people I want guns taken away from.

Guns are a tool. They're not toys, and they're definitely not something you feel entitled to because it makes you feel like a big man.

What type of person would that be? There really aren't that many types of gun owners. You got people like me that use them for protection and put food on the table and maybe collectors/historians.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-15 13:39:28  
Odin.Slore said: »
I do not think you could ever outlaw guns anyway. The people would simply not stand for it. I think it would be another revolution, hell I do not think we are that far from one now.
I don't think it would ever come to another revolution but I also don't see anyone trying to take everyone's guns away either... It's fear mongering when someone suggests that's a legitimate outcome...
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-15 13:40:29  
There are legions of gun owners out there who are ok with stronger, or even the strongest gun control procedures, likely because they're able to pass with no problem.

If you're against stronger/the strongest levels of gun control, something tells me that it's because they won't be able to pass that level of scrutiny. Those people, rightfully, have no business owning a gun.
 Odin.Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-15 13:44:47  
I am not for more gun control simply because we have enough laws now and it is hard enough to get guns. Should lower income families not have guns? I ask this because to even apply for a pistol permit in NY its almost $250, that's just to apply you get denied you still pay. On top of that it's not like guns are cheap to begin with. A nice little glock 43 like I recently bought is $550. A Sig will run you almost $1000. This is mainly due to regulations and all these added fees. I have a shotgun that I use for deer hunting that cost me over $1400.

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-15 13:56:59  
Jetackuu said: »
Good thing that it's a natural right.

I'm interested in where you are picking this from.

Well, the founding fathers used language like "we hold these rights to be self-evident" and "inalienable" then wrote a document outlining those rights. I get where that understanding comes from.
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 216 217 218