Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 216 217 218
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-15 13:57:10  
Odin.Slore said: »
I am not for more gun control simply because we have enough laws now and it is hard enough to get guns. Should lower income families not have guns? I ask this because to even apply for a pistol permit in NY its almost $250, that's just to apply you get denied you still pay. On top of that it's not like guns are cheap to begin with. A nice little glock 43 like I recently bought is $550. A Sig will run you almost $1000. This is mainly due to regulations and all these added fees. I have a shotgun that I use for deer hunting that cost me over $1400.
Fees are not the reason guns are so expensive... If a family can't afford a $250 permit don't you think the already high prices for firearms keep them from buying one in the first place? I just think if we require people to go through all of that just to drive a car why shouldn't we enforce the same kind of scrutiny for this weapon? What good is it if someone doesn't know how to use it or is uncomfortable with it?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-15 14:00:01  
The right to 18th century firearms and technology.

So muskets, cannons, barques, carracks.

>_>
By Jetackuu 2016-06-15 14:00:50  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

>_>
lolwut
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-15 14:02:25  
I can't speak for other states as I am not versed in their laws only NY. Besides all the fees you are required to take a firearms safety class for pistols. For hunting in NY you have to take a hunter safety class which is like 24 hours or such. My son did one that did hunting with gun, bow and trapping. He is 14 going on 15 in a month and he has shot more than most adults. He has his own 20gauge shotgun and a 22 rifle for hunting. He has also shot about 200 rounds through my pistols as did my ex wife.

If trained right I agree gun ownership should be for everyone.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-15 14:15:04  
I can't speak for other states as I am not versed in their laws only NY. Besides all the fees you are required to take a firearms safety class for pistols. For hunting in NY you have to take a hunter safety class which is like 24 hours or such. My son did one that did hunting with gun, bow and trapping. He is 14 going on 15 in a month and he has shot more than most adults. He has his own 20gauge shotgun and a 22 rifle for hunting. He has also shot about 200 rounds through my pistols as did my ex wife.

If trained right I agree gun ownership should be for everyone.
And that kind of upbringing breeds a different type of person when you grow up with them... You're taught to respect them and learn to handle them correctly...

My father has two guns one rifle that is the same type he used in the military (he was a marine in Vietnam) and a handgun... He was trained to use these weapons and has the knowledge and experience to do so...

What I'm afraid of is more people like me... I've never really handled one before let alone own one... I don't touch his because I don't want to accidentally shoot my toe off... The I ever made the decision to purchase one I would go out with my pops and get a great deal of practice in before I made a purchase as right now I don't really feel comfortable operating one myself... It's one thing to see people use them on tv of those that have been their whole life as opposed to those people that buy them out of fear and with the increase of concealed carry and the places you can take them... It does concern me a bit...

Guns can be handled responsibly but I do think it's our responsibility to make efforts to make sure that they are within reason.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-15 14:57:01  
I'd just like to see some kind of required training associated with purchasing a firearm and I'm ok with paying a little more taxes to make sure that the laws already in place can be enforced and that people aren't obtaining firearms in an emotional state.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-15 15:23:17  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

>_>

Actually it was the right to firepower on par with he government's arsenal.

Sk bring on the tanks.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-15 16:29:21  
If it is a gun issue why has this only become a problem in say the last 30 years? I am 41 and you never heard of this happening back in the day....
August 1, 1966. A bit before your time.

Quote:
.... I live in NY, if you think you can just walk into any gun shop and buy a gun your mistaken. When I bought my last pistol I still had to have a background check even though I have my pistol permit, do not even get me started on the hops you have to jump through to get a permit. Takes upwards of 6 months, full fbi background check, mental health background check, fingerprints, its not easy.
That's NY. Here in WA I have to go through a background check is all. That is not needed in most states. And in many states you can use an Idaho CC permit. There are classes in getting one in every last state that will recognize the Idaho permit.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-15 16:31:43  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
That's NY. Here in WA I have to go through a background check is all. That is not needed in most states. And in many states you can use an Idaho CC permit. There are classes in getting one in every last state that will recognize the Idaho permit.

Stop giving out our secrets.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-15 16:41:12  
I am not for more gun control simply because we have enough laws now and it is hard enough to get guns. Should lower income families not have guns? I ask this because to even apply for a pistol permit in NY its almost $250, that's just to apply you get denied you still pay. On top of that it's not like guns are cheap to begin with. A nice little glock 43 like I recently bought is $550. A Sig will run you almost $1000. This is mainly due to regulations and all these added fees. I have a shotgun that I use for deer hunting that cost me over $1400.
What percentage of your monthly pay would that be?

At the time of the founding of this country a good flintlock would be cheap to landed gentry and 3 - 6 months pay for a working stiff.
By fonewear 2016-06-15 16:44:10  

At the time of the founding of this country a good flintlock would be cheap to landed gentry and 3 - 6 months pay for a working stiff.

YouTube Video Placeholder
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-15 20:43:54  

They were also made one at a time by craftsmen. It would be a little more honest to compare with prices after the steam engine when mass production made the cost per unit more reasonable.

The founding fathers also weren't expecting people to have several guns or for people to collect them recreationally. The context of the time when the document was written doesn't seem to be considered when modern interpretations are used.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-15 21:37:38  
Jassik said: »

They were also made one at a time by craftsmen. It would be a little more honest to compare with prices after the steam engine when mass production made the cost per unit more reasonable.

The founding fathers also weren't expecting people to have several guns or for people to collect them recreationally. The context of the time when the document was written doesn't seem to be considered when modern interpretations are used.
OK, my favorite example.

A fully armed huey cobra and a letter of marque and reprisal.
By fonewear 2016-06-16 11:45:08  
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-16 12:35:47  
Context doesn't ever seem to matter though... It's more about how it lines up with the individuals belief in what they want to do right now...
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-17 14:27:55  
The stop Trump movement is gaining members and traction. They do not seem to be gaining ideas or methodology.

How the GOP could cut ties with Donald Trump

Quote:
Washington (CNN)As Republican angst about Donald Trump grows closer to panic, some longtime GOP strategists and donors are discussing creative ways to cut their presumptive nominee loose at their convention in July.

There's renewed talk in some Republican circles to find a way out as Trump lags big time behind Hillary Clinton in several new polls, and he has the highest unfavorable rating of any candidate for a major party on record -- 70% in this week's Washington Post-ABC poll.

One source with knowledge of these discussions underscores to CNN, however, that all of the ideas being bandied about now are highly unlikely to see fruition -- mostly because this kind of move to get rid of a nominee elected by GOP primary and caucus voters would be unprecedented. And a second source says he has spoken directly to senior GOP operatives with extensive convention experience who are actively exploring how to dump Trump.

Still, here are some options they are exploring:
Excerpts:

Quote:
Free delegates at the convention
Right now the ideas are focused in and around freeing convention delegates who are bound to Trump.

One way to do that would be to survey the delegates and find out who is willing the go with someone else in a second ballot....

A huge hurdle for "Never Trump" Republicans is that the alternatives -- Ted Cruz and others -- are still considered by many to be "untenable."

Using the Rules Committee
Another idea is to use the RNC convention rules committee to try to pass a rule freeing all the delegates to vote for whomever they want on the front end.

Conservatives Eric O'Keefe and David Rifkin, Jr., wrote an op ed in the Wall Street Journal this week advocating the idea, and pushing back on those who say it's not possible because state party rules, not national party rules, dictate whether delegates are bound.

"These statutes can't be legally enforced. When Republican delegates arrive in Cleveland to select their party's nominee, they should recognize that they are bound only by their consciences," wrote O'Keefe and Rifkin.

'Conscience clause'
Another idea is to dust off an addition to the rules at the 1976 convention, called a "conscience clause," which would allow delegates bound to a candidate to be unbound if they feel the candidate did or said things they disagree with between their state's primary or caucus and the convention.

... most of these ideas would be incredibly hard to execute -- never mind that they understand it would feed into the very real anger at the "establishment" among GOP voters that fueled Trump's victories in the first place.

It would likely prove Trump's point: party systems are rigged and can't be trusted.

Romney redux?
The problem for Republicans who are critical of Trump is they lack a viable alternative. One source stressed that Mitt Romney and those close to him have calculated that it's not feasible for him to jump into the race. And while some on the Hill are aware of such discussions to dump Trump, several GOP sources said that Republican leaders are staying away from any such effort to remove him. One top Republican said bluntly: "We are stuck with him." ...
By fonewear 2016-06-17 14:33:25  
Why would anyone want to stop that which cannot be stopped ?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-17 15:03:41  
Barring some major bombshell, they're pretty much doomed whether they go with Trump or go with an alternate.

So, what are we going to call Bill? First Gentlemen? First Dude? Hey-didn't-you-used-to-work-here?
By fonewear 2016-06-17 15:05:57  
First Philander !
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-17 16:19:57  
The stop Trump movement is gaining members and traction. They do not seem to be gaining ideas or methodology.

How the GOP could cut ties with Donald Trump

Quote:
Washington (CNN)As Republican angst about Donald Trump grows closer to panic, some longtime GOP strategists and donors are discussing creative ways to cut their presumptive nominee loose at their convention in July.

There's renewed talk in some Republican circles to find a way out as Trump lags big time behind Hillary Clinton in several new polls, and he has the highest unfavorable rating of any candidate for a major party on record -- 70% in this week's Washington Post-ABC poll.

One source with knowledge of these discussions underscores to CNN, however, that all of the ideas being bandied about now are highly unlikely to see fruition -- mostly because this kind of move to get rid of a nominee elected by GOP primary and caucus voters would be unprecedented. And a second source says he has spoken directly to senior GOP operatives with extensive convention experience who are actively exploring how to dump Trump.

Still, here are some options they are exploring:
Excerpts:

Quote:
Free delegates at the convention
Right now the ideas are focused in and around freeing convention delegates who are bound to Trump.

One way to do that would be to survey the delegates and find out who is willing the go with someone else in a second ballot....

A huge hurdle for "Never Trump" Republicans is that the alternatives -- Ted Cruz and others -- are still considered by many to be "untenable."

Using the Rules Committee
Another idea is to use the RNC convention rules committee to try to pass a rule freeing all the delegates to vote for whomever they want on the front end.

Conservatives Eric O'Keefe and David Rifkin, Jr., wrote an op ed in the Wall Street Journal this week advocating the idea, and pushing back on those who say it's not possible because state party rules, not national party rules, dictate whether delegates are bound.

"These statutes can't be legally enforced. When Republican delegates arrive in Cleveland to select their party's nominee, they should recognize that they are bound only by their consciences," wrote O'Keefe and Rifkin.

'Conscience clause'
Another idea is to dust off an addition to the rules at the 1976 convention, called a "conscience clause," which would allow delegates bound to a candidate to be unbound if they feel the candidate did or said things they disagree with between their state's primary or caucus and the convention.

... most of these ideas would be incredibly hard to execute -- never mind that they understand it would feed into the very real anger at the "establishment" among GOP voters that fueled Trump's victories in the first place.

It would likely prove Trump's point: party systems are rigged and can't be trusted.

Romney redux?
The problem for Republicans who are critical of Trump is they lack a viable alternative. One source stressed that Mitt Romney and those close to him have calculated that it's not feasible for him to jump into the race. And while some on the Hill are aware of such discussions to dump Trump, several GOP sources said that Republican leaders are staying away from any such effort to remove him. One top Republican said bluntly: "We are stuck with him." ...

I doubt this and not just because it came from Clinton News Network
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-17 16:55:56  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
So, what are we going to call Bill? First Gentlemen? First Dude? Hey-didn't-you-used-to-work-here?
First Bubba.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-17 16:58:59  
I doubt this and not just because it came from Clinton News Network

I wouldn't doubt it. You don't need to be a political junkie to notice the huge amount of disapproval of Trump among the republican establishment.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-18 00:33:58  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Barring some major bombshell, they're pretty much doomed whether they go with Trump or go with an alternate.

Why should he be called anything besides First Lady like every other spouse of the President before him? I thought as a society we've moved passed gender titles.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-06-18 00:56:56  
I've more or less accepted Hillary Clinton as the next President. It was going to be difficult to prevent no matter what, but this unbelievable negative campaign against him and collusion with the media and celebrity, immediately beginning every sentence about Donald Trump with the word "racist" or "hate", this will be nearly impossible to overcome. Stephen Colbert literally using a swastika image to describe Donald Trump on what is supposed to be a comedy show; completely exploiting a horrible tragedy for Democrat political gain. This propaganda sinks in.

I take solace in knowing that that one day Hillary will be erased from the history books because she was so openly hateful and antigay for most of her career that a generation from now will remove her like she never happened.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-18 01:40:03  
Well, having a woman president will be great so that we can have another first for the sake of having a first. I'm just thrilled that our first black president got a Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing, proceeded to drone strike the crap out of people, and ended up with "meh" approval. It'll be even better when our first woman president will be known for being dishonest, fighting for women and gay rights after opposing gay rights and taking a ton of money from countries that degrade women and kill gays, and just generally being less likable than her husband... all before she ever got into office.

I'm all for breaking the old white dude for president stereotype, but sheesh.... At least find someone worth remembering fondly.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-18 03:33:01  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Well, having a woman president will be great so that we can have another first for the sake of having a first. I'm just thrilled that our first black president got a Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing, proceeded to drone strike the crap out of people, and ended up with "meh" approval. It'll be even better when our first woman president will be known for being dishonest, fighting for women and gay rights after opposing gay rights and taking a ton of money from countries that degrade women and kill gays, and just generally being less likable than her husband... all before she ever got into office.

I'm all for breaking the old white dude for president stereotype, but sheesh.... At least find someone worth remembering fondly.
I doubt it'll go as well as Margaret Thatcher somehow.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-18 04:14:47  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Warren is her vp from what I gathered. Swap em out?
By Titanfoo 2016-06-18 04:55:27  
[+]
By Rife 2016-06-18 06:13:53  
Titanfoo said: »

I was with it till he blew up the world
 Phoenix.Xantavia
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-06-18 06:35:50  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
I've more or less accepted Hillary Clinton as the next President. It was going to be difficult to prevent no matter what, but this unbelievable negative campaign against him and collusion with the media and celebrity, immediately beginning every sentence about Donald Trump with the word "racist" or "hate", this will be nearly impossible to overcome. Stephen Colbert literally using a swastika image to describe Donald Trump on what is supposed to be a comedy show; completely exploiting a horrible tragedy for Democrat political gain. This propaganda sinks in.
So do you just ignore Trump whenever he opens his mouth and says racist or hateful stuff? It's not really propaganda to repeat quotes, in context, and make a statement based on them.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 216 217 218