サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-18 13:10:26  
Jassik said: »
Odin.Slore said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
fonewear said: »
Take the Hillary talk to the Random Politics and Hillary thread !

This is about our personal hero and overlord Trump !

I got banned from that thread for showing a pro-second amendment picture of rioters attacking police officers and lighting cars on fire. Banned by the same mod that nuked the Hillary thread. When you criticize Hillary here, tread lightly.

Me too, seems if your liberal you can say anything you want but when you fire back they all have the report button on hot key.

Fire back with coherent counterpoints.

It's not always easy when the original points aren't always coherent.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-18 13:32:59  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I got banned from that thread for showing a pro-second amendment picture of rioters attacking police officers and lighting cars on fire. Banned by the same mod that nuked the Hillary thread. When you criticize Hillary here, tread lightly.

Me too, seems if your liberal you can say anything you want but when you fire back they all have the report button on hot key.

In high school I was voted most likely to be incoherent !

I'm proud to admit I achieved that dream.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-18 13:39:49  
Here is a video of me in high school:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-18 13:43:14  

Then ignore them.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-18 13:44:23  
In high school I was voted most likely to be incoherent !

I'm proud to admit I achieved that dream.

I was voted most likely to waste a ton of time discussing politics on the internet. I can't wait for the next reunion to prove how wrong they were.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-18 13:50:34  

Then ignore them.

Easier said than done, and you should know. This is P&R. Bickering over incoherent talking points is what we do.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-18 13:55:31  

Then ignore them.

Easier said than done, and you should know. This is P&R. Bickering over incoherent talking points is what we do.

It doesn't have to be.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2016-06-18 14:11:34  
what I cannot stand is how people see one source for a story and treat it as gospel. Do some damn research other than fox/cnn/msnbc. I am a die hard conservative and even I pull from multiple sources.

Fox: highly right wing
CNN: mainly left very pro hillary/anti trump
MSNBC: so far left it make liberals cry
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-18 14:13:36  
what I cannot stand is how people see one source for a story and treat it as gospel. Do some damn research other than fox/cnn/msnbc. I am a die hard conservative and even I pull from multiple sources.

FFXIAH: So far to the left it is actually to the right !
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-18 14:23:23  

People also dismiss anything from a single source and mistake commentary for news. None of the 24hr networks primetime shows are hard news.
By fonewear 2016-06-18 14:24:42  
I only use FFXIAH for my news source I'm highly informed !
By Zululu 2016-06-18 14:26:36  

Bernie is the only far left person. He doesn't like MSNBC because it's corporate.

You need to re-examine the US political spectrum to include the new far left and right.

Trump supporters - far right
Fox - mid to far right.
CNN - middle
MSNBC, Hillary - mid left
Bernie supporters - far left

Trump is amazing. He's all over this map. No one is even surprised when he says he will fight for gays.

Trump says anything to get support. He's flip flopping so much that he's losing support.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-18 14:51:18  
Bernie isn't far left, he's centre left.

However compared to the rest of the political spectrum in America it must seem that way.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-18 14:52:48  
Zululu said: »
He's flip flopping so much
Please, he's evolving!

"I will evolve so fast that you'll have trouble keeping up" he said something like that a few months ago lol. Homer Simpson for president.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-18 15:01:38  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Bernie isn't far left, he's centre left.

However compared to the rest of the political spectrum in America it must seem that way.

Bernie might not be European far left, but even in the 90's he would have been pretty far left. You can make s case for Obama or 2012 Hillary being center left, but Bernie is well into the progressive territory.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-18 21:10:54  
In the mid 20th century Bernie would have been left of average in the Denocrats.

Today there is no one on the national stage left of Bernie.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-18 21:27:36  
Vic just had a whole page of posts deleted by a mod in this thread but he's still not banned from it.

Really? Hmm, didn't notice.
By Ruaumoko 2016-06-18 22:45:49  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
In the mid 20th century Bernie would have been left of average in the Denocrats.

I've no grudge against Bernie Sanders, I really don't. He seems an earnest person who has a good heart. Sadly, a good heart isn't the key component for being the leader of the major superpower in the world of today. That's a job for a head filled with realism. Sanders might have been a great president but America in its current state is just not ready for him, he's ahead of his time.

If you ask me, the best outcome for the Democrats after the election would be an administration akin to this.

President - Hillary Clinton
Vice President - Elizabeth Warren
Secretary of State - Jerry Brown
Secretary of Treasury - Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren or Jerry Brown as VP would be a very shrewd appointment from Clinton as it would unite the party electorate and would likely pull more independents away from Trump. Sanders as VP simply won't happen but it would be a serious curve-ball if it did. I'm very fond of Jerry Brown, especially after seeing what he did in California. I'm actually surprised he did not throw his hat into the ring for the nomination as he really is the mid-way point between Sanders and Clinton.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-18 23:26:30  
I dunno about Warren for VP. Hillary needs someone who has support from Independents, especially if Johnson becomes a viable candidate. Warren may be a superstar in the liberal crowd, but it's not like anyone else is singing her praises.
By fonewear 2016-06-19 06:19:41  
Ruaumoko said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »

I've no grudge against Bernie Sanders, I really don't. He seems an earnest person who has a good heart. Sadly, a good heart isn't the key component for being the leader of the major superpower in the world of today. That's a job for a head filled with realism. Sanders might have been a great president but America in its current state is just not ready for him, he's ahead of his time.

If you ask me, the best outcome for the Democrats after the election would be an administration akin to this.

President - Hillary Clinton
Vice President - Elizabeth Warren
Secretary of State - Jerry Brown
Secretary of Treasury - Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren or Jerry Brown as VP would be a very shrewd appointment from Clinton as it would unite the party electorate and would likely pull more independents away from Trump. Sanders as VP simply won't happen but it would be a serious curve-ball if it did. I'm very fond of Jerry Brown, especially after seeing what he did in California. I'm actually surprised he did not throw his hat into the ring for the nomination as he really is the mid-way point between Sanders and Clinton.

[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-19 06:20:43  
I dunno about Warren for VP. Hillary needs someone who has support from Independents, especially if Johnson becomes a viable candidate. Warren may be a superstar in the liberal crowd, but it's not like anyone else is singing her praises.

She is a woman so she is not qualified to be VP !
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-19 09:27:46  
I prefer Warren in the senate.

Jerry Brown brings nothing with him. The dems have a solid lock on CA.

I would prefer a minority candidate. Julian Castro would be a good choice.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-19 12:45:29  

She is a woman so she is not qualified to be VP !

I'd kind of like to see it go back to winner/loser president/vp like the early days. It would force individual party officials to work together as well as effectively putting the head of each party into brokered marriage where partisan politics took a back seat.

You don't really need any special qualifications to be VP right now, especially since their official job is wait for a 50/50 senate vote or dead president.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-19 14:52:05  
I found a woman after my heart:

[+]
By Odinz 2016-06-19 16:25:38  
In my 39 years I never thought I would be supporting a republican candidate. Of all of the Republican candidates that have come and gone, I would have never in my wildest dreams thought I would side with the likes of Trump... but then Hilary happened.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-19 18:17:19  
Zululu said: »

Bernie is the only far left person. He doesn't like MSNBC because it's corporate.

You need to re-examine the US political spectrum to include the new far left and right.

Trump supporters - far right
Fox - mid to far right.
CNN - middle
MSNBC, Hillary - mid left
Bernie supporters - far left

Trump is amazing. He's all over this map. No one is even surprised when he says he will fight for gays.

Trump says anything to get support. He's flip flopping so much that he's losing support.

The only side that should be stated is who is for the nation

Trump supporters, Trump - For America

Fox - Anti America- military industrial complex voice for war propaganda

CNN - Anti America- Establishment /CIA mouthpiece

MSNBC, Hillary - Anti America- Establishment /CIA mouthpiece

Bernie supporters , Bernie Sanders - For America

Way i see it Sanders, and Trump would both be pro America first in all there policy choices.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-19 18:23:03  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »

Way i see it Sanders, and Trump would both be pro America first in all there policy choices.

I've no doubt Sanders would make policy decision for the America as he sees it, but Trump is a con-artist. He's got a long history of backroom deals, broken agreements, and short-sighted and egoistic decisions. Even his motto is dubious. When was America great? What about it was great? When did it stop being great? Who was it great for?
By fonewear 2016-06-19 18:25:39  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »

I've no doubt Sanders would make policy decision for the America as he sees it, but Trump is a con-artist. He's got a long history of backroom deals, broken agreements, and short-sighted and egoistic decisions. Even his motto is dubious. When was America great? What about it was great? When did it stop being great? Who was it great for?

It was great when Obama promised hope and changed and delivered disappointment and divide.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-19 18:27:38  
My bad it was great when my Penguins won the Stanley Cup so about a week ago America was great !
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-19 18:42:03  
When was America great? What about it was great? When did it stop being great? Who was it great for?

Reagan era, berserk profits for war profiteers, 2008, me.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 125 126 127 ... 216 217 218