Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-21 12:29:49  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Ramyrez said: »
Can we not pretend there aren't extremist Christian factions/leaders praising these murders as a good thing?

Because there are.
He numbers here just don't add up. However many people you could point to to make your point does not compare to the tens of not hundreds of million of devout Muslims that share a sympathetic view on "killing gays because they're gay".

[Mod Edit: Fixed quote - AnnaMolly]
You don't have any actually numbers that are factual beyond you just saying actual numbers.

Pew did a study back in 2007 or 2008 where they polled every Muslim country in the world. There are tens if not hundreds of millions of Muslims who think throwing gays off of rooftops (or otherwise killing them for being gay) is appropriate. Do you think the Islamic world has moderated since then or gotten more radical.

He study has been shared numerous times in p&r.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-21 12:36:36  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »
Pretty sure homeland security and the FBI are already aware of it....

Inner agency cooperation has never been our strong suit...

Also, the FBI is too busy competing against the CIA and the DEA to control the heroin market to be bothered with NSA'a ginormous data ***

Oh pish and posh.

There are plenty of druggies to go around.
By fonewear 2016-06-21 12:41:56  
Hell with the CIA we need the CIO !

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Eboneezer
サーバ: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-06-21 12:45:41  
Do you really think there are no databases? The country that sucks up information and stores it for years has no databases to check against?

If the US sucks so much at security why do we spend so much damn money within the industry, why do we have new and bigger and greater data storage centers?

Seriously. We have lists that have lists in the US.

But we don't have lists that have lists of Syrian citizens. From the FBI director's own mouth, "We can only query against that which we have collected. If someone has never made a ripple in the pond of Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home but there will be nothing to show up because we have no record of them." He also acknowledged differences in our ability to screen Syrian refugees as opposed to Iraqi refugees stating, "And with respect to Iraqi databases, we had far more because of our country's work there for a decade. This is a different situation."

The former head of the department of homeland security stated in 2015, "Particularly in certain parts of the world, Im just not sure that we've got the background information. I'm just not confident that they've got sufficient information from law enforcement, the intelligence community to do effective screening. So a pause for refugees from that part of the world is very appropriate at this time."

Here's one database for you
Quote:
DOD Defense Forensics and Biometrics Agency (DFBA)’s Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS)
A biometric record check of the Department of Defense’s (DOD) records collected in areas of conflict (predominantly Iraq and Afghanistan). DOD screening began in 2007 for Iraqi applicants and has now been expanded to all nationalities. CBP’s National Targeting Center-Passenger (NTC-P) conducts biographic vetting of all ABIS biometric matches against various classified and unclassified U.S. government databases.

Well that's nice. Again, like the FBI director said, "Syrian refugees will be even harder to check because, unlike in Iraq, U.S. soldiers have not been on the ground collecting information on the local population. “If we don’t know much about somebody, there won’t be anything in our data,” he said. “I can’t sit here and offer anybody an absolute assurance that there’s no risk associated with this.” These people are entered and documented based on whatever documents they hand us. Of course, they're checked against any databases we might have, but our own people are saying our databases are severely lacking from this region.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-21 12:47:04  
There is a way we can keep track of Syrian refugees it's pretty complicated though...just wait for them to go on a rampage blow up a subway etc !
By Ramyrez 2016-06-21 12:50:06  
I wonder how many people afraid of extremely unlikely terrorist attacks smoke, drink, eat fatty/terrible foods, own guns, drive, or see even one other person every day.

Because I'm pretty sure every one of those things is considerably more likely to kill you, statistically speaking.

Must live in perpetual fear of everything. That's rough.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-06-21 12:52:09  
Shiva.Eboneezer said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
You've casually dismissed the vetting process solely because it adheres to the pants-wetting fear that Trump is selling. It takes years to complete and is carried out by multiple agencies. No one is getting in here blindly. They're subjected to the highest level of scrutiny of anyone trying to get into the country.

Please enlighten me on the vetting process then. Carbon Copy the DHS and FBI as well. Look at the process.

Collect documents from applicant. That's reassuring as there is no database to compare it to or verify that they are who they say they are.

Screen for outstanding warrants or ties to known bad actors. Again that's reassuring as there is no database to compare it to other than what little bit we know. Their country has ***infrastructure and data for us to use.

Interviewed by USCIS officers. ...

Fingerprints collected. ...

Fingerprints scanned and ran through our databases. ....

That's it for security concerns
This isn't a kid buying a six pack with a fake ID. A miniscule fraction of applicants mange to get a UN recommendation and a fraction of those actually get admitted into the US. If there are huge info gaps, we have no obligation to allow them entry.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-21 12:52:43  
I drink beer so I don't worry about Muslims killing me... it all finally makes sense !
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-21 12:53:17  

Inner agency cooperation has never been our strong suit...

Also, the FBI is too busy competing against the CIA and the DEA to control the heroin market to be bothered with NSA'a ginormous data ***
Eh, a lot of the databases can be accessed by multiple agencies or private (for example how Snowden could have access). Some of NSA's specific programs are only accessed by their analysts, but they are also using DOD databases or other countries databases while running those programs.

An argument could be made (that I would find more probable) that we have too much data to sort the chaff from the wheat, not that we have limited to no data...
 Shiva.Eboneezer
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-06-21 12:55:45  
Jassik said: »
Who are these people and why do you believe that s presidential candidate has direct access to them?

FBI Director James Comey
Assistant Director Michael Steinback
Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee Michael McCaul

And Trump doesn't have to necessarily have access to them directly in these cases. They make these claims in briefings and through the media all the time.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-06-21 13:22:28  
Pew did a study back in 2007 or 2008 where they polled every Muslim country in the world. There are tens if not hundreds of millions of Muslims who think throwing gays off of rooftops (or otherwise killing them for being gay) is appropriate. Do you think the Islamic world has moderated since then or gotten more radical.

He study has been shared numerous times in p&r
Then you shouldn't have much of a problem linking it again.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-21 13:24:12  
Eh, a lot of the databases can be accessed by multiple agencies or private (for example how Snowden could have access). Some of NSA's specific programs are only accessed by their analysts, but they are also using DOD databases or other countries databases while running those programs.

An argument could be made (that I would find more probable) that we have too much data to sort the chaff from the wheat, not that we have limited to no data...

when skynet takes over and our government is run by robots I'll be behind you 100%

I once saw a guy dump his inbox into his trash can and utter the words "if it's important they'll make the request again"

as in my earlier BMV joke...it's not the government that scares me it's the people that are more interested in crop rotation on farmville ...that make it up
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-21 13:25:29  

but teh google overlords are suppressing teh republicans!

/pitchforks and torches
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-21 13:25:53  
But we don't have lists that have lists of Syrian citizens. From the FBI director's own mouth, "We can only query against that which we have collected. If someone has never made a ripple in the pond of Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interest reflected in our database, we can query our database until the cows come home but there will be nothing to show up because we have no record of them." He also acknowledged differences in our ability to screen Syrian refugees as opposed to Iraqi refugees stating, "And with respect to Iraqi databases, we had far more because of our country's work there for a decade. This is a different situation."

The former head of the department of homeland security stated in 2015, "Particularly in certain parts of the world, Im just not sure that we've got the background information. I'm just not confident that they've got sufficient information from law enforcement, the intelligence community to do effective screening. So a pause for refugees from that part of the world is very appropriate at this time."

Here's one database for you
Quote:
DOD Defense Forensics and Biometrics Agency (DFBA)’s Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS)
A biometric record check of the Department of Defense’s (DOD) records collected in areas of conflict (predominantly Iraq and Afghanistan). DOD screening began in 2007 for Iraqi applicants and has now been expanded to all nationalities. CBP’s National Targeting Center-Passenger (NTC-P) conducts biographic vetting of all ABIS biometric matches against various classified and unclassified U.S. government databases.

Well that's nice. Again, like the FBI director said, "Syrian refugees will be even harder to check because, unlike in Iraq, U.S. soldiers have not been on the ground collecting information on the local population. “If we don’t know much about somebody, there won’t be anything in our data,” he said. “I can’t sit here and offer anybody an absolute assurance that there’s no risk associated with this.” These people are entered and documented based on whatever documents they hand us. Of course, they're checked against any databases we might have, but our own people are saying our databases are severely lacking from this region.

Tom Ridge resigned from the Department of Homeland Security in 2004. He is the former head of DHS but a lot has changed in 12 years. His knowledge is out of date.

Syria is different from Iraq in that we aren't running prisons where we are taking biometric data to test against.

So, no, we don't have biometric data from prisons. Does this mean that it was 100% safe when we admitted Iraq refugees? No.

There is no way to make this process 100% safe or no risk involved. A guarantee of "no risk involved" is going to be damn difficult to replicate anywhere is real life.

However, this doesn't mean we have no information, it just means we don't have the information we had access too when we occupied a country for a decade. Just like when we accept refugees from other countries that are war-torn that we haven't occupied for a decade.

If that is what you want (a guarantee of no risk involved) then you will never be happy with the security measures put in place because that variable can never be satisfied.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-06-21 13:30:58  

when skynet takes over and our government is run by robots I'll be behind you 100%

I once saw a guy dump his inbox into his trash can and utter the words "if it's important they'll make the request again"

as in my earlier BMV joke...it's not the government that scares me it's the people that are more interested in crop rotation on farmville ...that make it up
It's hard to argue against the fact that there are a lot of incompetent people in the world.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-06-21 13:32:27  
A guarantee of "no risk involved" is going to be damn difficult to replicate anywhere is real life.

^^^^^^^^

life is intrinsically a risk...
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-21 13:37:10  
Jassik said: »
Who are these people and why do you believe that s presidential candidate has direct access to them?

FBI Director James Comey
Assistant Director Michael Steinback
Chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee Michael McCaul

And Trump doesn't have to necessarily have access to them directly in these cases. They make these claims in briefings and through the media all the time.

Executives will claim anything that gets them a bigger budget and reports tend to be misquoted. You said the people doing these checks are telling trump there's no databases and it's a big security issue, which is clearly not true on many levels.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-21 13:39:51  
Siren.Lordgrim said: »
Shirori your absolutely right he was not a immigrant but his mother and father were and he is a anchor baby just like those two brothers responsible for the Boston bombing who were also Muslim as well and both had motives for middle eastern conflict that the US is still in.

The question is how many other radical Muslim anchor babies are waiting.
You misuse the term "anchor baby."

An anchor baby is produced by tourists, green card holders, or illegal aliens to anchor them to this country.

An immigrant with permanent residence status or who has attained citizenship has no need for an anchor baby. They are anchored here by their status.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-21 13:43:45  
Siren.Mosin said: »
A guarantee of "no risk involved" is going to be damn difficult to replicate anywhere is real life.

^^^^^^^^

yeah but you don't have to put one in the chamber, hand it to your worst enemy and then reenact a scene from Deep Throat with the barrel while goading him into pulling the trigger.

unless you're into that....

there is such a thing as risk mitigation
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-21 14:01:18  
Siren.Mosin said: »
I knew I should have stayed in the womb..
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-06-21 14:03:13  
You can most certainly mitigate risk and its something we do every day... Risk still remains though... You could do everything possible yourself to safely get home and still have a drunk *** t-bone you a block before you get home... No one is saying don't do anything at all... things are already being done to mitigate risk...
By fonewear 2016-06-21 14:04:12  
Reading this thread is a risk...I recommend just not reading it at all.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-06-21 14:10:25  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
No one is saying don't do anything at all.

I am! stay in bed with the covers over your head until a government official comes by your place and tells you everything is going to be OK.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-06-21 14:29:36  

but teh google overlords are suppressing teh republicans!

/pitchforks and torches
I thought it was Facebook that was filtering out conservative news in favor of the most recent Hillary talking points and latest Kardashian queef updates.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-21 14:42:24  
Kardashian queef updates.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-21 14:43:01  
Have we talked about the trump assassination was perpetrated by an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-21 14:43:29  
How about the other bombshell of the day, that DHS gave the Orlando shooter his gun?
By fonewear 2016-06-21 14:44:48  
Hey Kim K is a Hillary supporter:

So that is all you need to know about the people that support Hillary...
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-21 14:45:20  
Have we talked about the trump assassination was perpetrated by an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT?

wat?

also, *undocumented immigrant.
By fonewear 2016-06-21 14:45:32  
Hillary for Presisent ! lol
First Page 2 3 ... 135 136 137 ... 216 217 218