users online
Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 205 206 207 ... 216 217 218
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 11:35:35  
Oh how quickly we forgot poor Cecil. Better shoot another lion.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-22 11:36:47  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Oh how quickly we forgot poor Cecil. Better shoot another lion.

Every time I think of Cecil I imagine a Lion with a Dark Knight helmet on.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 12:01:05  
They ever find that UFO the Nazis captured?
Funny that I mentioned this, there's a show mentioning this on History Channel atm.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-22 12:05:05  
Funny that I mentioned this, there's a show mentioning this on History Channel atm.

Somehow this is oddly appropriate for Trump talk.

TLC, History, Science...all stations intended for learning and enrichment, the endless possibilities of expanding knowledge available to them.

And they instead devolve into reality television and utter nonsense because that's what the viewing public prefers.

Is it any wonder this is what our election looks like?

Ugh.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-08-22 12:11:32  

YouTube Video Placeholder
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-22 12:14:52  
Ramyrez said: »

Somehow this is oddly appropriate for Trump talk.

TLC, History, Science...all stations intended for learning and enrichment, the endless possibilities of expanding knowledge available to them.

And they instead devolve into reality television and utter nonsense because that's what the viewing public prefers.

Is it any wonder this is what our election looks like?

Ugh.
You mean 'divulge' right?

But yeah, I don't mind American Pickers because they throw in history when the show items. Pawn Stars does that occasionally. But it's the conspiracy ***and 24/7 Bible stuff one week followed by 24/7 apocalypse stuff the next. I get a bit annoyed.

TLC hasn't been The Learning Channel in years, instead they just rake in the cash exploiting little people, fat people, that transgender girl, and the dude with a 260 pound scrotum.

I actually watched that last one.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-08-22 12:37:04  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Pretty insensitive

Having this framed as "nicest thing ever said about me on an internet forum"

I didn't even have to crawl through broken glass to get this compliment!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-22 12:56:26  
And here he goes again....

Trump Slams Mika Brzezinski as 'Neurotic,' 'Not Very Bright'
Twitter fight comes day after campaign says he doesn't use personal insults

Quote:
(Newser) – Donald Trump tuned into MSNBC's Morning Joe on Monday and clearly didn't like the negative coverage from hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski. Thanks to Twitter, we know all about it: "Tried watching low-rated @Morning Joe this morning, unwatchable!" Trump tweeted. He then labeled Brzezinski "off the wall, a neurotic and not very bright mess!" He followed up with another: "Some day, when things calm down, I'll tell the real story of (Scarborough) and his very insecure long-time girlfriend, (Brzezinski). Two clowns!" Both hosts are recently divorced, notes CNN. Several outlets, including Politico, point out that the slams come one day after Trump's campaign manager insisted that her boss doesn't "hurl personal insults."

During the show, Scarborough himself took note of the attacks, tweeting during a commercial break that Hillary Clinton "is targeting key swing states today while Trump starts his day obsessed with cable news hosts while channeling Gawker. SAD!" Also: "Neurotic and not very bright? Look in the mirror." Business Insider observes that a once-friendly relationship between Trump and the hosts has gone downhill quickly, enough so that Scarborough has urged GOP leaders to dump him from the ticket.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-22 13:34:29  
eliroo said: »
In regards to them not receiving benefits:
http://cis.org/Cost-Welfare-Immigrant-Native-Households
No distinction in the article between legal and illegal immigrants. You cannot apply for benefits as an undocumented worker. No documents = no welfare. Like, wtf.
By Eboneezer 2016-08-22 18:11:48  
But is it not a massive slap in the face to all the people who have supported him because they want to get rid of all them darn illegal Mexicans rapin' our women and not paying taxes on jobs we don't want to do?

Exactly what specific jobs do we not want to do?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-08-22 18:49:51  
Eboneezer said: »
But is it not a massive slap in the face to all the people who have supported him because they want to get rid of all them darn illegal Mexicans rapin' our women and not paying taxes on jobs we don't want to do?

All of them, if you're ramy or one of union buddies in the international brotherhood of communist pigfuckers local 86 in podunk, pa
By Eboneezer 2016-08-22 18:53:54  
I guess I can't link to a direct portion of the article. They can't apply for welfare, but they can still receive it through anchor babies and average $5,692 per household annually.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-22 18:57:35  
anchor babies
So U.S. citizens are eligible for welfare? ¡Escandalo!
By Eboneezer 2016-08-22 19:03:01  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
anchor babies
So U.S. citizens are eligible for welfare? ¡Escandalo!

How do children apply for welfare?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-22 19:29:19  
I don't think it's a special process, but I don't know the specifics. It doesn't matter. As natural-born citizens, the children of illegal immigrants are entitled to those benefits.
By Eboneezer 2016-08-22 20:18:02  
Fair enough, and as foreign-born illegal immigrants, the parents are entitled to be deported.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-22 20:25:24  
Farmwork. Every year the farmworker's union holds a "Take our jobs please" event in CA. IIRC last year they had 6 people show up.

The other industry I know that cannot exist without the undocumented is slaughterhouses. The largest kosher slaughterhouse in the country died after an ICE raid a few years ago.

Of course we are talking wages / effort here. If they paid a living wage they could get American workers.

I think.

And then there is the fact that Trump just can't find an American woman who will marry him.
By Eboneezer 2016-08-22 21:05:34  
I see Slaughterhouse workers as 62% natural born citizens and 38% foreign born citizens? I don't think I would necessarily call that a job that American's won't do.

The farming rate is much higher than I thought.

The original point was to debunk the saying that illegal immigrants are taking the jobs that American's won't do. Pew studies show that of the illegal immigrant workforce, only 3-4% of them are in farming, fishing and forestry. I think the main point still stands, that they are taking more jobs that citizens would compete for. Although I didn't realize they had such a hold on farm labor. I'm surrounded by tons of farms here and every one of them that I know, use American labor. I didn't expect the numbers of illegal immigrants to be so high nationally. Very interesting.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-08-22 21:12:35  
The original point was to debunk the saying that illegal immigrants are taking the jobs that American's won't do. Pew studies show that of the illegal immigrant workforce, only 3-4% of them are in farming, fishing and forestry.

Then lead off with that next time ***..

and do it in the right thread ~Random p&r
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-22 21:16:28  
Fair enough, and as foreign-born illegal immigrants, the parents are entitled to be deported.
It's not like I'm pro illegal immigration. I do think immigrants make convenient targets when they're mostly just regular people trying to work and raise families. I also don't believe that obtaining the proper documentation is going to magically change some people's negative views of immigrants, legal or otherwise, especially given the nationalist sentiment that comes with it. There always has to be some metaphorical bottom rung on the societal ladder and today's immigrant Latinos are yesterday's Italians or Irish.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-22 21:17:58  
Around here, WA state, when its harvesting time the farms put up hiring signs in Spanish.

And even on dairy farms, which are year round employment with a fair degree of skilled knowledge, the majority of the workers are Mexican Americans. I mean ascentless English. Never asked for papers save on the puppies I was looking at there.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-22 21:20:53  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
The original point was to debunk the saying that illegal immigrants are taking the jobs that American's won't do. Pew studies show that of the illegal immigrant workforce, only 3-4% of them are in farming, fishing and forestry.

OK, Where are Trump suits made? Or Trump ties? Or Ivanka's dresses and plagiarized shoes?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-08-22 21:24:54  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

OK, Where are Trump suits made? Or Trump ties? Or Ivanka's dresses and plagiarized shoes?

China which probably has zero illegal immigrwnts.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-22 21:29:41  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
China which probably has zero illegal immigrwnts.
Wrong on two counts.

Trump ties are made in Mexico and China has illegal immigrants.
By eliroo 2016-08-23 07:54:31  
It's not like I'm pro illegal immigration. I do think immigrants make convenient targets when they're mostly just regular people trying to work and raise families. I also don't believe that obtaining the proper documentation is going to magically change some people's negative views of immigrants, legal or otherwise, especially given the nationalist sentiment that comes with it. There always has to be some metaphorical bottom rung on the societal ladder and today's immigrant Latinos are yesterday's Italians or Irish.

They are definitely people just trying to work for their families. I see it everyday. The problem still exists that they don't pay income tax and are never hunted down by the IRS to pay tax because all of their funds come from straight cash. They also will receive sometimes medical attention at a hospital if needed and will not have to pay a cent. Though the overall cost of this isn't as big as you'd think considering the government pays the hospitals the bare minimum. They also partake in other social aspects that costs the tax payers money.

Anyway, the only problem is most of them don't pay income tax and they offer cheaper labor because of that making it hard for legitimate people to work. This only applies to more manual jobs but a legal roofer will have a lot harder time find working than some guy at Home Depot who knows how to roof.

I've also been through the immigration process and it was roughly 1500 to run through it. We missed a meeting that we got the dates confused and called the office the same day. We were declined. I then had to run through the process again spending another 1500 and we did get my wife a green card in the end.

The process also takes forever. 4-6 months to review my wife's case and she was from canada with no record. A decision like that should take 10 minutes and should cost very little.

I think we should crack down on illegals and either deport them or get them through the system and make sure they are paying income taxes.
By fonewear 2016-08-23 08:32:55  
We should send all the illegal immigrants to work for FFXIAH. Then maybe we can get an edit button !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-23 08:34:41  
eliroo said: »

They are definitely people just trying to work for their families. I see it everyday. The problem still exists that they don't pay income tax and are never hunted down by the IRS to pay tax because all of their funds come from straight cash. They also will receive sometimes medical attention at a hospital if needed and will not have to pay a cent. Though the overall cost of this isn't as big as you'd think considering the government pays the hospitals the bare minimum. They also partake in other social aspects that costs the tax payers money.

Anyway, the only problem is most of them don't pay income tax and they offer cheaper labor because of that making it hard for legitimate people to work. This only applies to more manual jobs but a legal roofer will have a lot harder time find working than some guy at Home Depot who knows how to roof.

I've also been through the immigration process and it was roughly 1500 to run through it. We missed a meeting that we got the dates confused and called the office the same day. We were declined. I then had to run through the process again spending another 1500 and we did get my wife a green card in the end.

The process also takes forever. 4-6 months to review my wife's case and she was from canada with no record. A decision like that should take 10 minutes and should cost very little.

I think we should crack down on illegals and either deport them or get them through the system and make sure they are paying income taxes.

How about they stay in their own country and work to make it better. Instead of coming here to take advantage of our tax dollars ?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-08-23 08:37:00  
You want to solve illegal immigration? Start going after the businesses that keep hiring people under the table... I never see people really complain about them all that much which surprised me... Why dont you complain about them not paying taxes associated with their employees? I guess it's alright because they're American?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 205 206 207 ... 216 217 218