言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 216 217 218
VIP
By Jassik 2015-09-08 10:15:57  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
If you are going to intentionally still continue to misquote Trump, the only thing it does is destroy any credibility that you might still have and show clearly your dishonesty.

If he actually said that all Mexicans are drug traffickers and rapists then yes it would be racist. He clearly did not though ergo it was not racist. He has clarified it time and time again yet you and other liars cling to a complete distortion and misquote.

"They have a lot of problems. They're bringing drugs, they're rapists... And some, I assume, are decent people.". How is that different than saying "negros are violent, but some are OK"?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-08 14:03:36  
War Hero Donald Trump Was Most Terrific War Hero In Prep School
Wonkette

Quote:
We finally know why Donald Trump never cared so much for war guys who got captured: When he was in the military, he never got captured, so why should he think all that much of guys who were? Now, you might think that Donald Trump, who got a bunch of draft deferments during Vietnam, has never been in the military, simply because he never served in the U.S. armed forces in any formal capacity. But he feels like he’s been in the military, because his parents sent him to military school, so shut up already.

The New York Times informs us that in interviews for an upcoming biography, Trump told author Michael D’Antonio that because his parents shipped him off to a military boarding school, he “always felt that [he] was in the military,” and really, who would know better than Donald Trump what being in the pretend military is like? Unless maybe it was Sarah Palin, who agrees that he was a pretty impressive war hero and a POW, too. So that’s one more thing she’s been right about.

Quote:
Mr. Trump said that his experience at the New York Military Academy, an expensive prep school where his parents had sent him to correct poor behavior, gave him “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military.”
Yes, we’ll be reading that book. We also learn that Trump sat down with D’Antonio for six hours of interviews for the book, but abruptly terminated his cooperation “after Mr. Trump learned that Mr. D’Antonio had spoken with a longtime Trump enemy” — which hardly narrows down the field of people that could have been. If consistency counts for anything, we at least learn that even in his adolescence, Trump was already working hard at being an ***:

Quote:
Mr. Trump’s preoccupation with winning — at anything and everything, big or small — dominated his youth. His mentor at the New York Military Academy, Theodore Dobias, called Mr. Trump “a conniver, even then.”
Trump attended the military school from eighth grade through high school, starting in 1959; his parents sent him there after he’d gotten into too much trouble at his previous boarding school, where, he told D’Antnonio, he gave a teacher a black eye “because I didn’t think he knew anything about music.” You don’t go around disagreeing with little Donald.

At New York Military Academy, Trump got a real sense of what the military is all about:

Quote:
[He] wore a uniform, participated in marching drills and was expected to conform to a hierarchy imposed by instructors, some of whom had served in the military.

Despite sitting out Vietnam because of deferments followed by a high draft lottery number of 356 out of 366, Mr. Trump said that he endured the rigors of real military life.

“My number was so incredible and it was a very high draft number. Anyway so I never had to do that, but I felt that I was in the military in the true sense because I dealt with those people,” he told Mr. D’Antonio.
Obviously, it was one hell of a good school, and the drills no doubt included a fair amount of head spinning. Also, he got out of Vietnam fair and square, because he had a bunch of education deferments, and then a medical deferment for his feet, and then finally a very high lottery number, so maybe he’s a “fortunate son” or something.

In related news, Trump has also been a little defensive about a recent interview where he accused conservative talk show host Hugh Hewitt of asking him “gotcha” questions after Hewitt asked Trump if he knew anything about Middle Eastern military leaders. Trump explained that it didn’t matter because by the time he’s in office, all those guys will be dead anyway:

Quote:
I’ll tell you honestly, I think by the time we get to office, they’ll all be changed. They’ll be all gone. … But as far as the individual players, of course I don’t know them. I’ve never met them. I haven’t been, you know, in a position to meet them. If, if they’re still there, which is unlikely in many cases, but if they’re still there, I will know them better than I know you.
Besides, who’s running the various factions doesn’t matter, because whoever the funny foreigners are in the comical uniforms are when he becomes President, Trump will whip them into line: “I will be so good at the military, your head will spin.”

So that settles the question of Donald Trump’s fitness as commander in chief: We was pretty much in the military, just like Bill O’Reilly was a war correspondent, and he will not be having any of your gotcha questions.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-08 16:31:29  
Donald Trump’s troll game of Jeb Bush: A+
Washington Post

Quote:
The second the Internet alerted me to the fact that someone -- a woman in a hat to be specific -- had nodded off while on camera at a Jeb Bush event last week, the first thing that came to my mind was: Donald Trump is going to have a field day with this.

Trump never disappoints. Here's the Instagram video he released Tuesday afternoon.

Trump has been bashing Bush for being "low energy" for some time now -- although this video, which purports to be a sleep-aid commercial, is either a new low or a new high in that effort depending on what you think of The Donald. The ad's tagline -- "Jeb: For all your sleeping needs" -- is absolutely brutal.

Trump's trolling of Jeb speaks to the challenge the reality star/real-estate investor poses for the former Florida governor and all of the other more "traditional" candidates in the race. Trump is playing by a different set of rules than everyone else he is running against. Can you imagine Jeb Bush posting a video that suggests Marco Rubio is so boring he puts people to sleep? No. Trump can -- and is willing to -- say things that no one else in the race would ever dream of uttering in public. And so, Trump is always getting the last laugh.

The current state of the race reminds me a lot of an episode of "Black Mirror," a terrific BBC show about a dystopic near-future. In one episode -- called "The Waldo Moment" -- a blue animated bear named Waldo (stick with me here) decides to run for a local office as a way to boost ratings on his TV show. (Waldo is voiced by a comedian who never shows his face.) Waldo has no qualms about using profanity, lewd jokes and all sorts of non-PC behavior to win verbal sparring matches with his opponents. Those traditional pols have no idea how to handle Waldo because he is, well, a made-up bear. Waldo loses, but his impact on the public -- and against politicians -- is huge.

But wait, you say, Donald Trump is not an animated bear. You are correct! But Trump's ability to say and do things no one else would makes it very difficult for Bush to win a fight with him. If your opponent doesn't play by the rules -- or doesn't acknowledge there are rules at all -- it's no fun to play a game with him. Bush is learning that the hard way.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-08 22:39:04  
Jassik said: »
If you are going to intentionally still continue to misquote Trump, the only thing it does is destroy any credibility that you might still have and show clearly your dishonesty.

If he actually said that all Mexicans are drug traffickers and rapists then yes it would be racist. He clearly did not though ergo it was not racist. He has clarified it time and time again yet you and other liars cling to a complete distortion and misquote.

"They have a lot of problems. They're bringing drugs, they're rapists... And some, I assume, are decent people.". How is that different than saying "negros are violent, but some are OK"?

Do you disagree with any of those facts about people that have illegally entered our Country from Mexico? Have there been drug dealers? Yes. Have there been rapists? Yes. Have there been decent people? Yes.

Good, you agree with Donald Trump.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-09 10:10:33  
Jassik said: »

Do you disagree with any of those facts about people that have illegally entered our Country from Mexico? Have there been drug dealers? Yes. Have there been rapists? Yes. Have there been decent people? Yes.

Good, you agree with Donald Trump.

Trump doesn't suggest all illegals are rapists. He states that Mexico is sending us rapists (as policy) amongst the people flooding or southern border.

If you're running Mexico, why would you bother jailing any criminals when you can just as a matter of policy, encentivize them to come north for us to deal with instead?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-09 10:51:04  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
If you're running Mexico, why would you bother jailing any criminals when you can just as a matter of policy, encentivize them to come north for us to deal with instead?
Is this a real question? Cause the way it's formulated it implies it's what you would do if you were in charge.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-09-09 11:21:14  
It's no secret that the Mexican government is heavily influenced, or just short of being ran by, drug cartels.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-09 11:44:12  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
It's no secret that the Mexican government is heavily influenced, or just short of being ran by, drug cartels.

Which is a consequence of the American war on drugs. Or are we imagining all the drugs going... up in smoke?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-09-09 11:46:06  
Also Trump's statement was meant to be offensive and inflammatory. Meant to make white nationalists feel good while making hispanics seem like outsiders. Speak 'American'? Yeah, ok. Whatever 'American' is.

Stop trying to play apologetics when his whole schtick is 'neener neener neener, I can say what i want without consequence.' it makes you seem rather PC yaknow.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-09-09 11:46:15  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Which is a consequence of the American war on drugs.
AKA how the CIA raises funds for off the record ops.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-09 14:32:55  
Also Trump's statement was meant to be offensive and inflammatory. Meant to make white nationalists feel good while making hispanics seem like outsiders. Speak 'American'? Yeah, ok. Whatever 'American' is.

Stop trying to play apologetics when his whole schtick is 'neener neener neener, I can say what i want without consequence.' it makes you seem rather PC yaknow.

It was only inflammatory to liberals that want open borders and think that all Latinos are illegal immigrants.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-09 17:30:24  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Which is a consequence of the American war on drugs. Or are we imagining all the drugs going... up in smoke?

"There's a fire in the hemp fields,
"And the smoke it fills the sky.
"And in every town for miles around,
"The people are getting high.
"God bless the careless field hand,
"Who went and kindled the blaze,
"For he's gone and turned the countryside on,
"And we'll all be stoned for days."

(A friend wrote that song half a century ago but I couldn't find it on the interwebs so I guess he never did publish it.)
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-09-09 17:54:42  
Trump doing something good with his 'star power' perhaps?

Quote:
Real-estate developer Donald Trump wrote a letter to CNN boss Jeff Zucker on Wednesday that called for him to donate the profits from next week's presidential debate to charity.

The Republican front-runner noted that CNN reportedly hiked its advertising rates 40 times its normal rates for the September 16 debate, which the network is hosting.

"While I refuse to brag, and you know very well, this tremendous increase in viewer interest is due 100% to 'Donald J. Trump,'" Trump wrote to Zucker.

Trump's campaign forwarded the letter to reporters and shared it on social media.

Fox News hosted the first official prime-time debate and saw viewership soar to a reported record of 24 million viewers. Trump suggested that was because of his star power.

The former "Apprentice" star has surged to the top of almost all recent polls testing the Republican primary.

"As you are aware, for the first debate, FOX unexpectedly (but not to those who know), had one of the largest audiences in the history of cable television, 24 million people plus, and word is that your audience will be even larger," he wrote.

Trump then informed CNN that the network should view its debate as "a public service and not accept the massive profits that this airing will generate."

"I believe that all profits from this broadcast should go to various VETERANS groups, a list of which I will send to you in the near future," he wrote. "The veterans of our country, our finest people, have been treated horribly by our government and its 'all talk and no action' politicians."

"In fact, some would say they are treated like third class citizens — even worse, in many cases, than illegal immigrants. It is about time that someone comes to their aid. Let's start now!" he added. "This large contribution of many millions of dollars would be a truly wonderful thing for CNN to do."

The billionaire Republican concluded the letter by noting his own past generosity to veterans' causes.
Donald Trump just put CNN in an awkward position

Will CNN do anything?
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-09-09 18:06:21  
I wonder if Fox News donated their profits? I doubt it. I don't expect CNN to either.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-09-09 18:12:26  
Just another Trump-tactic. Even if CNN donated anything substantial, at least Trump couldn't use this trumped up accusation against them afterwards. Then if he tried to go after the amount, their rebuttal could then be on how little Fox News has donated.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-09 18:30:04  
Well, that's the nature of the media game. They'll bash Trump, make millions in extra profits due to his presence alone, then continue to bash him while the big wigs at CNN enjoy their fat bonuses that he helped generate.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-09 21:29:49  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Is this a real question? Cause the way it's formulated it implies it's what you would do if you were in charge.
If I've got a violent criminal problem inside my country, I'd be far easier to give them incentives to head out of my country into the arms of a country with broken borders, than it would be to rehabilitate them. Especially when the country next door will do it for you.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-09 21:30:39  

Nothing to do with race bro.

Get over it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2015-09-10 01:44:18  
Shouldn't Trump be proud of CNN for raising advertising rates? That is what good capitalists do isn't it, find any way to increase profits.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-10 03:43:21  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If I've got a violent criminal problem inside my country, I'd be far easier to give them incentives to head out of my country into the arms of a country with broken borders, than it would be to rehabilitate them. Especially when the country next door will do it for you.
This speaks a lot about your idea of responsibility then.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-10 15:07:56  
Two excelent articles:

This Is How You Beat Donald Trump
The Daily Beast

Republican strategist Liz Mair lists 10 ways to blow the billionaire out of the water.

Trump Seriously: On the Trail With the GOP's Tough Guy
The Rolling Stone

Paul Solotaroff spent 10 days on the campagin trail with Trump and tells the tale.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-09-11 13:17:21  
Jeez, rolling stone would never make anything up (like rape) in the interest of selling more magazines right?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-11 17:08:28  
Actually its a fairly objective piece.

While the magazine itself is fairly liberal, the piece is straight reportage. I quite enjoyed it.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-09-13 13:27:31  
Curious. What do conservatives here think about Trump's message on the corruption of money in politics? I know before Trump came around, conservatives here were unilaterally against such a notion, but I've noticed that Trump supports on other boards have mostly/(all?) jumped on it and pretty much sound like Occupy Wall Street now.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-09-13 15:30:33  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Curious. What do conservatives here think about Trump's message on the corruption of money in politics? I know before Trump came around, conservatives here were unilaterally against such a notion, but I've noticed that Trump supports on other boards have mostly/(all?) jumped on it and pretty much sound like Occupy Wall Street now.

I don't think people believed that there wasn't corruption going on. I just don't think they agreed on what to do about it. So, a charismatic leader comes around and suddenly people jump on a bandwagon that they didn't care about previously. Nothing groundbreaking here.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-13 17:07:13  
Yes. I think the Clintons were for sale Ihina. This is why Hillary had them wipe out her email server because the damage done is minor compared to what would happen if the contents of her deleted emails (the graft and corruption)were ever exposed.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-13 18:20:20  
Yes. I think the Clintons were for sale Ihina. This is why Hillary had them wipe out her email server because the damage done is minor compared to what would happen if the contents of her deleted emails (the graft and corruption)were ever exposed.
They are ALL for sale Ama. Its the nature of the system. They spend more time dialing for dollars than they do in committees or working on legislation.

And legally it ISN'T graft and corruption. If the quid and the pro quo are separated by a year or several everything is legally fine. Rotten and corrupt, true, but the courts are OK with it.

Trump said:
the system is broken... I give to everyone... when I need something from them, two years, three years later, I call them and they are there for me. And that's a broken system.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-09-13 19:16:38  
They are not ALL the same. The Clintons are in a league of their own when it comes too corruption. They often do it in plain sight with the assistance of a complicit media and people that blindly love them no matter what they do.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2015-09-13 19:32:08  
Ama's right when he says they're not all the same (Sanders and Trump, to name a few), but he's wrong if he thinks the Clintons are in a league of their own.

I always wonder what's going on in the minds of the average American whenever Bush or one of his surrogates comes on TV and brags about the 100m+ they've raised well over a year before the election.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-09-15 13:47:06  
Wall Street's latest panic: Trump could win

With Bush and Clinton taking their lumps, financial executives face populist critics in both parties.

Politico

Quote:
Wall Street is growing increasingly terrified that Donald Trump — once viewed as an amusing summertime distraction — could actually win the Republican nomination for president.

The real estate billionaire, who took another populist shot on Sunday by ripping into lavish executive pay, continues to rise in the polls. Would-be Wall Street saviors like Jeb Bush are languishing in single digits. The belief that Trump's candidacy would quickly fade is now evaporating in a wave of fear.

“I held four lunches for investors in August and at the first one everyone assumed Trump would implode,” said Byron Wien, vice chairman of Blackstone Advisory Partners and a senior figure on Wall Street. “By the fourth one everyone was taking him very seriously. He taps into frustrations that are very real and he is a master manipulator of the media.”

The CEO of one large Wall Street firm, who declined to be identified by name criticizing the GOP front-runner, said the assumption in the financial industry remains that something will eventually knock Trump off and send voters toward a more establishment candidate. But that assumption is no longer held with strong conviction. And a dozen Wall Street executives interviewed for this article could not say what might dent Trump's appeal or when it might happen.

"I don't know anyone who is a Donald Trump supporter. I don’t know anyone who knows anyone who is a Donald Trump supporter. They are like this huge mystery group,” the CEO said. "So it's a combination of shock and bewilderment. No one really knows why this is happening. But my own belief is that the laws of gravity will apply and those who are prepared to run the marathon will benefit when Trump drops out at mile 22. Right now people think Trump is pretty hilarious but the longer it goes on the more frightening it gets."

The latest frightening broadside for the Wall Street class came on Sunday when Trump said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that executive pay in America is “a complete joke” and promised to raise taxes on “the hedge fund guys.” In a statement sent to POLITICO on Monday from his campaign, Trump relished in the attacks from Wall Street, singling out both Bush and Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton, another favorite on Wall Street.

"Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton will continue to let Wall Street and the 'hedge fund guys' rip off the people by paying no or very little in taxes," Trump said. "They have total and complete control of Hillary, Jeb and others running. My campaign is self- funded. The only people that have control of me are the people of the United States." ...
There is more....
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 216 217 218