“I mean, look, we should not be encouraging illegal immigration,” Obama said. “What we should be doing is setting up a smart, legal immigration system that doesn’t separate families, but does focus on making sure that people who are dangerous, people who are gang-bangers or criminals — that we’re deporting them as quickly as possible, that we’re focusing our resources there — that we’re focusing on a strong border. We’ve made improvements on all those fronts, but we could be doing even more if we had immigration reform.”
vs
Quote:
"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you," Trump said. "They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."
On Wednesday, Trump, who is a Republican presidential candidate, told Lemon he was pulling his facts from a Fusion article.
"Well if you look at the statistics of people coming, you look at the statistics on rape, on crime, on everything coming in illegally into this country it's mind-boggling!" he told Lemon, in a clip previewed on CNN's "Situation Room."
"If you go to Fusion, you will see a story: About 80% of the women coming in, you know who owns Fusion? Univision! Go to Fusion and pick up the stories on rape. It's unbelievable when you look at what's going on. So all I'm doing is telling the truth," Trump said.
Lemon replied that the press stories are about women being raped, but not about criminals coming across the border.
"Well, somebody's doing the raping, Don! I mean somebody's doing it! Who's doing the raping? Who's doing the raping?" he asked.
Wow, maybe instead of asking who is doing to the raping (which itself is unbelievable), he should actually attempt to prove his claims. He says is he telling the truth, but can't seem to back any of it up.
When will NBC and Macy's be announcing that they will be cutting all ties with the administration?
I'm fairly certain that unless things have *radically* changed in the US lately, NBC and Macy's don't have commercial agreements with the administration.
Well a bunch of illegals cross the border and get raped in transit, who IS doing the raping?
Answer: The other illegals.
Oh I forgot this is america, it must be privileged white males.
Because if they come in via a truck/container driven by a US citizen/resident, they are automatically excluded from consideration? Because they certainly wouldn't have any power over the people they are transporting.
There's as much logic in saying illegals are rapists as there are in saying legal residents are rapists. There certainly are rapists in either population, but it is the vast minority.
So if its from America and doesn't have mammary glands sufficiently enhanced with either surgery or underwire push up bras its TOTALLY true!
Quote:
'Poll of polls' shows Trump ahead of front-runner Jeb Bush
He defended comments calling Mexican immigrants 'rapists' despite some saying that phrases in his presidential campaign announcement were racist
Former candidate Romney said that Trump made 'severe error' and hurt the Republican party with the remarks
He also blasted candidate Marco Rubio for being 'weak on immigration'
Quote:
Donald Trump continues to stand by controversial comments he made about Mexican immigrants as his standings in Republican primary polls improve despite increasing criticism.
The presidential hopeful placed ahead of perceived front-runner Jeb Bush in a new aggregated 'poll of polls' with 13.6 per cent support compared to the former Florida governor's 13.3.
The rise comes as public figures and businesses continue to admonish Trump because of the comments saying that those crossing the border from Mexico illegally were 'rapists'.
Former Republican candidate Mitt Romney told CNN Saturday that the businessman 'made a severe error in saying what he did about Mexican-Americans'.
Trump defended the remarks,and used an interview on Fox and Friends Saturday morning to take a dig at fellow presidential hopeful Marco Rubio.
'Rubio is weak on immigration,' Trump told Fox, while praising the stance of Tea Party favorite Ted Cruz.
He linked policy at the southern US border to crimes, including the San Francisco shooting of 32-year-old Kathryn Steinle by a man who had been deported back to Mexico five times.
'The crime is raging and people don't want to talk about it. And if you talk about it you're a racist,' he said Saturday.
Trump has continued to lose partnerships business after saying in his presidential announcement that migrants from Mexico are 'bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists. And some I assume are good people'.
On Saturday NASCAR decided not to hold an event at one of his hotel's in Miami. Univision and NBC have cut ties with his Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants after outrage among Hispanic and Latino groups.
'I'm a little surprised at NASCAR to be honest', Trump said.
While Trump's polling numbers have risen beyond Jeb Bush's, Romney, whose father was born in Mexico, replied that the comments have hurt the Republican party.
He replied 'yes' when asked about the matter, according to CNN.
I love how people still support Hillary despite her being backed by the very same people who caused the financial crash of 2008/2009 and are causing the next crash.
I love how people still support Hillary despite her being backed by the very same people who caused the financial crash of 2008/2009 and are causing the next crash.
Talk about insanity.
Because third party voting is pointless, as for the primaries: don't have a reason for them there. I'm registered I.
If I don't vote for Hillary I'm a misogynistic white male. Which is basically what I am every other day but at least on election day I'll be a feminist !
Hillary represents something more a different kind of women. An older more wrinkled America. The kind of America that doesn't think you need eight pounds of makeup to look good. She is "every woman" she could be your neighbor, pastor, or friend. Hillary is everything to America and so much more !
US TV network NBC is cutting ties with Donald Trump over "recent derogatory statements" that the veteran businessman made about immigrants.
NBC said the company would now not be airing the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants that are co-owned by Mr Trump.
Responding to the announcement, Mr Trump said he would consider suing NBC.
Earlier this month, he accused Mexicans of adding drugs and crime to the US as he announced he was seeking the Republican presidential nomination.
"They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists, and some I assume are good people, but I speak to border guards, and they tell us what we are getting," he said in his speech on 16 June.
He also pledged to build a "great wall" on the US border with Mexico and insisted it would be paid for by Mexicans.
He later insisted he was criticising US lawmakers, not Mexican people.