users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » New to Phoenix
New to Phoenix
 Phoenix.Kaishen
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Kaishen
By Phoenix.Kaishen 2009-08-31 09:00:50  
Hey there! I just moved to Phoenix from Ramuh a couple of days ago, and wanted to introduce myself. If any of you happen to have a good social shell with nice, fun people, let me know! Also, eventually I'll be looking to get into the endgame scene, and wanted to ask your thoughts on the various endgame shells on Phoenix. How would yo guys rate the top 5 linkshells on the server, based on reputation for talent/quality and reputation for good/nice/friendly members?

Thanks!
 Ramuh.Miemo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-08-31 09:21:09  
Kaishen said:
Hey there! I just moved to Phoenix from Ramuh a couple of days ago, and wanted to introduce myself. If any of you happen to have a good social shell with nice, fun people, let me know! Also, eventually I'll be looking to get into the endgame scene, and wanted to ask your thoughts on the various endgame shells on Phoenix. How would yo guys rate the top 5 linkshells on the server, based on reputation for talent/quality and reputation for good/nice/friendly members?

Thanks!

One word. Dawn.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kaishen
By Phoenix.Kaishen 2009-08-31 09:46:04  
I wanted to find a more active linkshell that works better with my schedule, and the shell I was in over there is the only shell on the server I had any amount of respect for. The rest are pretty much garbage (no offense!).

There are a few shells on Phoenix that caught my eye, but I can only learn so much of the truth about them from their websites, which is why I am hoping for some insight from others! And thanks, Miemo, Dawn is one of the ones I've been looking at. How do you know about them?
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-08-31 09:49:12  
Kaishen said:
I wanted to find a more active linkshell that works better with my schedule, and the shell I was in over there is the only shell on the server I had any amount of respect for. The rest are pretty much garbage (no offense!).

There are a few shells on Phoenix that caught my eye, but I can only learn so much of the truth about them from their websites, which is why I am hoping for some insight from others! And thanks, Miemo, Dawn is one of the ones I've been looking at. How do you know about them?

I spent a good 5 years on Phoenix ;)
 Phoenix.Kaishen
By Phoenix.Kaishen 2009-08-31 09:51:03  
Why'd you leave for Ramuh?
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-08-31 09:53:35  
Im only on a temporarily leave. I'll go back there eventually. Needed a break from the full time end game events I was doing to focus on geting the cap.

But seriously, Dawn is a great LS. I would have applied to them if:

#1 I was American

#2 Wasn't in Silverbullet. (Times where way better for me).

Edit: Also to avoid all end-game drama on Phoenix~
 Phoenix.Astronym
user: astronym
By Phoenix.Astronym 2009-08-31 12:35:52  
hello sir, i am in dawn. www.dawnlinkshell.com. i would advise talking to a few members in game and spending some time with them so that we can form an opinion of you a bit. im currently overseas so i wont be on until mid september, our recruiters atm are bohgo, missnasty, and cinnabun.

also, if you apply, be TRUTHFUL and include everything in your app, we will ask for specifics if were not satisfied with answers. but its just to make sure your a good fit, we dont want lootwhore/high strung/manipulating people in our shell. we do things for fun and enjoyment, gear and such is just a result of that.

have fun on phoenix!
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-08-31 14:07:57  
back in the day when I rolled on Phoenix a little over a year ago, it was Finale and Tiamatsfangs that were the bigboys in endgame if I remember correctly, if they are still going would be worth giving them a shout.

Phoenix is a pretty cool server ^^
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-08-31 14:22:20  
OMG. I wasn't in ls when you said bye. FML.

Have fun over there.
 Phoenix.Kaishen
By Phoenix.Kaishen 2009-08-31 14:34:41  
I'll try Kiri! That's an uhh.... interesting pic you've got there.
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-08-31 15:03:45  
Yeah weird as ever, right. & that is the first time you have called me Kiri in months haha. GL :P
 Phoenix.Fayden
user: Fayden
By Phoenix.Fayden 2009-08-31 15:25:42  
Tiamatsfangs is purely social. Techno created the LS specifically to be kept seperate from end-game activities. Techno is one of the top players on the Phoenix server (in addition to one of the patrols on FFXIclopedia and overall nice guy) and one of the leaders of LandofDreamsIII I believe. Tiamatsfangs may be a good place to start though if you are new to the server.

Otherwise, I think DienamisBums is still going strong, although that might be a little tough to break into. FortEuropa has a pretty solid membership as well if you think you can work off of European times.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-08-31 15:29:08  
ohhh yeh i remember Techno, DRG right?
 Phoenix.Juggalo
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2009-08-31 15:43:45  
I'll throw in some promotion for DynastyofVirtue as well:
http://www.dynastyofvirtue.com/forum/

I do my end-game stuff with them and they're always active, always doing something.
 Phoenix.Pandasouljah
By Phoenix.Pandasouljah 2009-08-31 16:12:09  
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-08-31 16:20:20  
Kiriyu said:
OMG. I wasn't in ls when you said bye. FML.

Have fun over there.
 Phoenix.Kaishen
By Phoenix.Kaishen 2009-09-01 08:47:25  
Miemo said:
Im only on a temporarily leave. I'll go back there eventually.

Well it's really too bad that we didn't meet until so close to the end of my stay on Ramuh. Look me up when you get back to Phoenix. You're a cool dude.
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-09-02 09:32:35  
/slap Znozzy around some from me when there. And huggle Koboy some :D