フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Sarama unity concord
Sarama unity concord
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Foreverj
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-22 10:57:26  
Anyone have a strategy against this guy? It drops the awesome new sword (I think). Every time we get it to 80 percent it it regens back up while we run away from chain spell
 Cerberus.Midgitis
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-11-22 11:09:10  
Just melee burn it, its a pretty easy fight. Vex/Attunement/Barfire and a whm standing 20+ make the magic damage do very little. Brd/cor/2nd geo works fine as other support. 2 dd should be able to kill it pretty quick no matter their jobs as long as they have the accuracy to hit and whm and other support paralyna them.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-22 11:21:02  
We did as u said already and we couldn't get it down. After 80 percent it regened as much as we damage it. There's gotta be some
Sorta gimmick and aoe fire still do a lotta damage with all that support. Another member that joined me said his group went thru the same crap and gave up as well.
By geigei 2015-11-22 11:27:35  
Very well geared blu's with geo's destroy him.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-22 11:29:57  
Yea I told the blues we must prob get all the bis gears from
Reisenjima and 1200 Jps at least before challenging get him again
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-11-22 11:30:05  
Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
After 80 percent it regened as much as we damage it.

I think one of the cerberus move has blazespike + stoneskin effect, have you tried dispel?

Otherwise may be just uncapped acc so your DD couldn't hit it, or not hitting it hard enough. You need about 1250~1300 accuracy for this.

aoe fire still do a lotta damage with all that support.

BLU can try /RUN if they take too much fire damage.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-11-22 11:40:59  
What you are attempting is top tier content, this is a very high ilvl fight and you realistically won't be able to successfully farm it without job points put into the classes you bring.

Of course you can get away with a few jobs like whm or even geo but as far as your melee or damage dealers go, job points are needed to increase the effective level of the job. They are not bonuses but requirements for stuff beyond 135, that is why you have categories such as def, m.def, acc, atk, evasion gifts to effectively increase your base stats beyond the theoretical lvl 99. It's more like you're lvl 109 after gifts then putting 119 gear ontop of that.

People really do under estimate the importance of job points and gifts when trying high level content and always assume it is 100% gear related when it really isn't.
[+]
 Odin.Zadora
サーバ: Odin
user: Zad
By Odin.Zadora 2015-11-22 11:42:27  
Our setup is 2xblu, 2xgeo, whm, brd. The geos do vex/attunement and fury/frailty and the brd does 2x madrigal and march.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-22 11:49:08  
Cerberus.Midgitis said: »
What you are attempting is top tier content, this is a very high ilvl fight and you realistically won't be able to successfully farm it without job points put into the classes you bring.

Of course you can get away with a few jobs like whm or even geo but as far as your melee or damage dealers go, job points are needed to increase the effective level of the job. They are not bonuses but requirements for stuff beyond 135, that is why you have categories such as def, m.def, acc, atk, evasion gifts to effectively increase your base stats beyond the theoretical lvl 99. It's more like you're lvl 109 after gifts then putting 119 gear ontop of that.

People really do under estimate the importance of job points and gifts when trying high level content and always assume it is 100% gear related when it really isn't.

We are geared and have around 400 Jps we not maxed out gear and we are not 2100 Jps. I'm not going to attempt 135 level gear with a slap together equipment. What we need to do is upgrade out gears with reisenjima gears and get 1200 Jp before retrying. And possibly dispelling that stone skin regens. Thanks all for advice
 Bismarck.Johnb
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-11-22 12:52:42  
I've tried this before. We wiped very hard. The BLU couldn't hit it and the SMN didn't do enough damage. Stoneskin took a long time to get off. The WHM kept getting hit by GoH for some reason and dying -_- . Since then, I find it very difficult to find people over /yell . It is incredibly difficult to find people that want to do the new unity.
 Asura.Frod
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2015-11-22 13:08:22  
***is content level 135, if you're not extremely well geared, you're wasting your time.

My setup for him would be pld, whm, geo, smn, bst(or smn) cor.

Geo needs to be 900 skill as a baseline
Smn and bst need the equivalent of NQ apogee in pet DD gear.

AF/AC on a 2100 smn with apogee tier gear will do a LARGE chunk to him, In fact i've done this in an 18 man alliance and both me and another 2100/2100 bst in equivalent gear did roughly 60-70% of the monster's health in a zerg.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-22 13:34:22  
Asura.Frod said: »
***is content level 135, if you're not extremely well geared, you're wasting your time.

My setup for him would be pld, whm, geo, smn, bst(or smn) cor.

Geo needs to be 900 skill as a baseline
Smn and bst need the equivalent of NQ apogee in pet DD gear.

AF/AC on a 2100 smn with apogee tier gear will do a LARGE chunk to him, In fact i've done this in an 18 man alliance and both me and another 2100/2100 bst in equivalent gear did roughly 60-70% of the monster's health in a zerg.

Let's try to tone down the attitude. People come here for advice and all. We are geared. Are we 2100 Jp? No, are we full Herculean gears or adhemar +1? No. But we do have enough to beat it now that someone said to dispel his stone skin regen. Are we going to try to beat him now or after we upgrade the new gears? You right it is a waste of time for possibly 10 min fight. So after we upgrade we will re try. Thanks for your input.
By Ruaumoko 2015-11-22 16:09:56  
Taken from this thread.

Quote:
The setup I found best to use was: Blu/Blu/Geo/Geo/Cor/Whm.
Geomancer One: Indi-Frailty / Geo-Vex (Entrust Attunement)
Geomancer Two: Indi-Precision / Geo-Torpor (Entrust Attunement)
Corsair: Hunter's Roll / Samurai Roll
Blue Mages: Blinding Fulgor set for Magic Evasion Bonus III, proper spells set for Accuracy Bonus V.
White Mage: Stands in range with Barfira and Barparalyzra up. Curaga III and Curaga IV are its friends.

You need proper DD's to bring this down reliably, DD's with good accuracy and defensive abilities, which is why I recommend two Blue Mages. Sarama seems to have two phases he can switch between, one where his melee attacks do more but he takes more melee damage and another where his magic attacks do more damage but he takes more magic damage (notably skillchain damage). His change is announced by a 1-hour cloud animation and I'm not really sure what triggers it. Something you'll want to watch out for is Chainspell, which also seems to give him the effect of Meikyo as well as he starts spamming Gates of Hades in tandem with Firaga V. This is why Curaga is your friend here. It's also a good idea to fight him on his tail to goad him into using Scorching Lash, which although it hurts is better than facing a Magma Hoplon spam. There is also a way you can stagger him by doing a large amount of damage or weapon skills during his 'howling' animation.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-22 16:21:38  
Ruaumoko said: »
Taken from this thread.

Quote:
The setup I found best to use was: Blu/Blu/Geo/Geo/Cor/Whm.
Geomancer One: Indi-Frailty / Geo-Vex (Entrust Attunement)
Geomancer Two: Indi-Precision / Geo-Torpor (Entrust Attunement)
Corsair: Hunter's Roll / Samurai Roll
Blue Mages: Blinding Fulgor set for Magic Evasion Bonus III, proper spells set for Accuracy Bonus V.
White Mage: Stands in range with Barfira and Barparalyzra up. Curaga III and Curaga IV are its friends.

You need proper DD's to bring this down reliably, DD's with good accuracy and defensive abilities, which is why I recommend two Blue Mages. Sarama seems to have two phases he can switch between, one where his melee attacks do more but he takes more melee damage and another where his magic attacks do more damage but he takes more magic damage (notably skillchain damage). His change is announced by a 1-hour cloud animation and I'm not really sure what triggers it. Something you'll want to watch out for is Chainspell, which also seems to give him the effect of Meikyo as well as he starts spamming Gates of Hades in tandem with Firaga V. This is why Curaga is your friend here. It's also a good idea to fight him on his tail to goad him into using Scorching Lash, which although it hurts is better than facing a Magma Hoplon spam. There is also a way you can stagger him by doing a large amount of damage or weapon skills during his 'howling' animation.

Wow thank you so much. That's very useful. Fighting in tails is something I'm gonna do. Yea that magma spam is what's stopping our damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-11-22 18:11:31  
From what I've heard, this fight, and the rest of them, have very similar mechanics to the ZNM Cerberus, Hydra, and Khimaira, in addition to new mechanics.

Sarameya would gain a 1 percent/tick Regen whenever it had a Blaze Spikes effect active, which is gained through casting Blaze Spikes, or Blaze Spikes from Hoplon.

It's likely Sarama has the same mechanic, although I'm not certain. Keep Blaze Spikes off her and it may remedy your regen problem.

Tail tanking it as suggested above is sound advice assuming you can deal with the flail damage, enemies with flail abilities do select their tail attack more often than anything else, so it'll help reduce both Hoplon and Hades usage.

Edit: kinda beaten I guess
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-22 18:37:45  
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
From what I've heard, this fight, and the rest of them, have very similar mechanics to the ZNM Cerberus, Hydra, and Khimaira, in addition to new mechanics.

Sarameya would gain a 1 percent/tick Regen whenever it had a Blaze Spikes effect active, which is gained through casting Blaze Spikes, or Blaze Spikes from Hoplon.

It's likely Sarama has the same mechanic, although I'm not certain. Keep Blaze Spikes off her and it may remedy your regen problem.

Tail tanking it as suggested above is sound advice assuming you can deal with the flail damage, enemies with flail abilities do select their tail attack more often than anything else, so it'll help reduce both Hoplon and Hades usage.

Edit: kinda beaten I guess

Thanks for your advice as well. Really appreciate. Wait you playing ffxi again?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2015-11-22 20:35:07  
Odin.Zadora said: »
Our setup is 2xblu, 2xgeo, whm, brd. The geos do vex/attunement and fury/frailty and the brd does 2x madrigal and march.

Hmm, with 2 BLUs, you probably wouldn't need a March since they can alternate Mighty Guards for each other. Could do Minuet instead.
 Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon
By Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon 2015-11-24 17:30:00  
Let's try to tone down the attitude. People come here for advice and all. We are geared. Are we 2100 Jp? No, are we full Herculean gears or adhemar +1? No. But we do have enough to beat it now that someone said to dispel his stone skin regen. Are we going to try to beat him now or after we upgrade the new gears? You right it is a waste of time for possibly 10 min fight. So after we upgrade we will re try. Thanks for your input.

The thing is, there is a very large gap between being 'just 119' and being peak now. Job points are a major booster and are absolutely required on all content ilvl 130 or higher as is the right equipment. Stuff like nq apogee equivalent as a baseline for gear or full job points allowing for more opportunities like 900 skill geo or more frequent skillchains in scholar.

To give an example, i recently did an 18 man sarama fight. Setup was 2 pld, 2 geo, whm, rdm, 2 cors and the rest bsts and smns. We killed him in under 2 minutes with 60% of the damage split between me and a single other bst. That leaves 40% of the damage spread between 8 others. That shows how wide the gap between being 'just 119' and endgame geared can be.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-24 17:39:27  
Quetzalcoatl.Frodnon said: »

The thing is, there is a very large gap between being 'just 119' and being peak now. Job points are a major booster and are absolutely required on all content ilvl 130 or higher as is the right equipment. Stuff like nq apogee equivalent as a baseline for gear or full job points allowing for more opportunities like 900 skill geo or more frequent skillchains in scholar.

To give an example, i recently did an 18 man sarama fight. Setup was 2 pld, 2 geo, whm, rdm, 2 cors and the rest bsts and smns. We killed him in under 2 minutes with 60% of the damage split between me and a single other bst. That leaves 40% of the damage spread between 8 others. That shows how wide the gap between being 'just 119' and endgame geared can be.

We are not elite but we are above average we just need to find his mechanics that's all. T1 Sky catarae is easy right? But a group of unprepared elite players who didn't bring the necessary types of damage won't break the shield correct?

Anyway we are no longer after that sword as a coloda is best in slot.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2015-12-25 12:09:42  
Just to note, I have been attempting this. Troub / Finale says No effect so I would assume he can't be dispelled.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-12-25 12:41:04  
No effect would mean that there was nothing to dispel.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2015-12-25 15:08:36  
Had spikes/shield(ss)?.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-12-25 15:24:56  
Yeah, it means they're undispellable.

I did this as the only DD a few times the other day on DNC. It's not a particularly difficult fight, as long as you cheat with Vex/Attunement + Barfira. If you don't feel like doing that, we also tried Earthen Armor + Scherzo instead and it seemed to work fine. It was more dangerous, of course, but manageable.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2015-12-25 19:19:37  
Thanks Byrth.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-12-25 19:38:13  
I think accuracy caps around 1350-1375, so you want your DDs to be very well-geared. Other than that, just cheese it with Vex/Attunement and Barfira, as Byrth said. Insert more GEOs as needed for more buffs or more DDs for faster kills, but a group of DD/GEO/WHM can do this.
 Carbuncle.Conini
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2015-12-26 13:48:42  
Did Sarama today for lulz. setup:

PLD
BLU/RUN (1279 acc + Sublime Sushi)
WHM
GEO (Vex/Attunement Entrusted Fade when able)
Selh'Teus
Koru-Moru

So pretty much, you only need 4 people + those two trust if that blu is well geared. The PLD was just kind of... just in case... but, I could definitely see BRD, COR, or something else to speed up the process a bit.

Koru will spam dispel, and distract II as well as phalanx so you don't have to set Barrier Tusk (Saline Coat still very useful). Selh'Teus will close Chant with Luminous Lance and clutch heal with Rejuvenation.

With our setup, we only lost due to whm looking at his phone <_<;... and trying to see if we could replace Koru with King of Hearts (don't do it)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [75 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-03-10 09:46:30  

I wish more people understood this simple concept for today's end game.

It's annoying to be called an elitist just because I ask for well-geared/JP'd jobs for content like this.

Does anyone know if SMN's Pavor Nocturnus is 100% dispel on Magma Hoplon?
 Cerberus.Jeffil
user: Zelljrc
By Cerberus.Jeffil 2016-03-10 09:56:19  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

I wish more people understood this simple concept for today's end game.

It's annoying to be called an elitist just because I ask for well-geared/JP'd jobs for content like this.

Does anyone know if SMN's Pavor Nocturnus is 100% dispel on Magma Hoplon?

After we tried this fight last night, I am motivated now to get all the JP I can on my BLU.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-03-10 10:08:43  
Quote:
They are not bonuses but requirements for stuff beyond 135

This as an unfortunate truth. Time and time again, SE has stated that they were only meant as bonuses. Yet, due to how they design encounters, they are actually requirements.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-10 10:32:56  
If we take the aforementioned BLU, this is their overall bonuses from gifts:

I think it's just easy to not notice the gifts add up when they're given to you a small bit at a time.
[+]
First Page 2