School In Texas Has Dumb Policy

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » School in Texas has dumb policy
School in Texas has dumb policy
By Altimaomega 2016-01-25 19:34:57  
I'm far from an optimist. More like a realist with a crack in my glass that was half full.

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Free thinking became all but illegal during the Viet-Nam war.

Which gave rise to the hippy "free-thinkers" Who now blindly follow anything the liberal democrats want.

The ones that have any brain cells left after the 60-70-80s are now calling themselves Conservative Republicans.

Paged!
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-25 19:45:08  
Alti I was there. Hippies hardly thought at all. Beatniks were free thinkers.

But enough of this derail.

Back to hero kid, stupid school.

Do charter schools in TX have to hire certified teachers? And who certifies them?
By Altimaomega 2016-01-25 19:54:12  
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-25 19:56:08  
Are you really that interested? Look up the Texas Education Agency site. There's a few different types of accredited charter schools. If you really wanted to know, you could find out what type Killeen's was then go from there.

This seemed like the perennial "Let's rag on Texas!" thread.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-01-25 20:04:29  
Asura.Darvamos said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Asura.Chiaia said: »
locked up the inhaler to start with
It was pure speculation, we don't even know if there was one.

That is true but seeing how the girl said she was having an asthma attack. She probably did have asthma. Being a person with asthma I was required in both Florida and New Jersey to leave a spare inhaler each year at the nurses office for this very reason. So if I ever had an attack and didn't have my own on me that day at school.

If the school knew she has asthma and didn't require this its pretty stupid. Its the same as any kid with a severe allergy that isn't required to have an epipen at school.
I'm familiar with the process, and it is probable that was the case, but it's rather moot.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-01-26 10:41:34  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
You make it sound like there is something wrong with ragging on Texas.

But I also point out when they do something good.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-26 12:42:32  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
You make it sound like there is something wrong with ragging on Texas.

But I also point out when they do something good.

Yeah, but if any of us had to fish for how many threads you have made to specifically bad mouth the ratio would be pretty high. So, this one positive thread out of how many negative threads? This is why some of us don't think you are sincere in your interest or concern.

Did you find the answer to the question you posed? If you actually wanted a discussion you wouldn't have followed with this trivial ***-for-tat.

Do charter schools in TX have to hire certified teachers? And who certifies them?

Dumb or insincere, fluff question. Not sure if some of us should be insulted by the question itself, or more insulted that you didn't look it up with the material plopped in your lap.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-01-26 12:48:04  
Be at ease Texas, you still aren't Florida. Or Illinois, Or Louisiana. or...*gasp* Mississippi. You're the Democratic equivalent of conservatives ragging on California. Or simply the Republican holy state if the rumors are to be believed.

New York just gets threatened with being blown up every week or dealing with a refugee crisis of hipsters and overseas rich kids who ***up the place. Need some corrupt state officials? We export those.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-01-26 13:09:50  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Be at ease Texas, you still aren't Florida. Or Illinois, Or Louisiana. or...*gasp* Mississippi. You're the Democratic equivalent of conservatives ragging on California. Or simply the Republican holy state if the rumors are to be believed.

New York just gets threatened with being blown up every week or dealing with a refugee crisis of hipsters and overseas rich kids who ***up the place. Need some corrupt state officials? We export those.

I laughed. Thanks. We have Paxton right now, among a string of others. So, cheers, I guess?
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-01-26 13:21:09  
Yatenkou said: »
To keep the thread on topic. I hope the parents of the girl push to get that teacher fired.

As for the teacher's testimony, I highly doubt the kid actually dropped the F-Bomb even with the situation, and that the teacher was trying to act like they were justified.

The teacher might sound like an idiot but it's probably school policy the prevented her from taking direct action.

I can see minor injuries getting the hands-off approach, like a blodied knee (schools want to avoid liability), but anything serious, like being UNABLE TO BREATHE, a minor seizure (there are minor ones), etc should have special policy.

Adults should be smart enough to know when to violate weak policies too.

And yeah, the kid probably said "F**k". Kid's swear, and that would have been a frustrating situation.
By Jetackuu 2016-01-26 13:46:18  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
And yeah, the kid probably said "F**k". Kid's swear, and that would have been a frustrating situation.
Who gives a *** if he did say it?
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-01-26 14:09:27  
So, the school's emergency plan for a situation like this is... write an email? No phone call, no intercom link, but an email? A setup like this belongs in a sitcom or something.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-01-26 14:27:33  
Jetackuu said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »
Who gives a *** if he did say it?

I don't, the person I quoted just said they doubted the kid even said the f-bomb.

But yeah, big deal.