users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Wyvernhunter Bambrox
Wyvernhunter Bambrox
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-17 13:14:45  
Anyone know this dude's gimmick? His HP is pretty low so he is zergable, but has anyone figured out his non-zergy strategy? The first few volleys of mines are no big deal, but when he gets to 8(4th time dropping them) you're basically boned. You can run away, but your tank is kinda boned. Running away on SCH and keep gravity up also works, but it's slow as hell.
 Valefor.Maurauc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2016-02-17 13:29:38  
Well, each volley of mines occurs after an Eagle Eye Shot, which happens at 80/60/40/20, so you can know when the mines are going to happen. Just gravity, and get everyone to run away when they happen.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-02-17 13:47:24  
Or just kill the mines.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-17 13:50:33  
The last volley of mines is spaced out pretty far, and they have a 30 yalm radius. I've seen the damage on them go down, but I have no idea what causes it. Shell and Barfire seem to have no impact, nor does doing damage to the mines(I think). Also, I'm fairly certain under a certain percentage he just does EES any time he feels like it. I've seen mines drop at 8% and 5% before, and the field is huge at that point.

My main thing is that I know SOMETHING reduces the damage the mines do, but I can't figure out what it is.
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-17 14:05:47  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
The last volley of mines is spaced out pretty far, and they have a 30 yalm radius. I've seen the damage on them go down, but I have no idea what causes it. Shell and Barfire seem to have no impact, nor does doing damage to the mines(I think). Also, I'm fairly certain under a certain percentage he just does EES any time he feels like it. I've seen mines drop at 8% and 5% before, and the field is huge at that point.

My main thing is that I know SOMETHING reduces the damage the mines do, but I can't figure out what it is.

Glue a GEO to your back and do Indi-Vex Entrust Indi-Attunement while running for your lives.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2016-02-17 14:07:55  
Okay, I'm gonna be that person. This gob is a she, not a he. :P
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2016-02-17 15:00:10  
We did ours pld sch geo blu and had the blu sitting on mines and AoEing them for as long as possible. Blu can 1 shot the mines np, the issue eventually becomes how spaced out they are. In theory, you could have 2 blus, 1 on each side, responsible for dropping the mines as soon as they pop. It's not like blu's can't do dmg via nuking so you aren't "wasting" slots just for mines so to speak as blu's can nuke between mine pops. Haven't tried it with 2 blu's yet so not sure if 2 can cover all mines at low hp, but 1 sure as hell can't.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-03-30 21:20:22  
This fight blows chunks.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr
user: drkstr
By Quetzalcoatl.Drkstr 2016-04-01 14:27:41  
It does kinda blow chunks. Was able to go as 2 BSTs and a COR mule and trusts to kill it though, had to use the bunny to AOE for killing the bombs, but super super careful for placement on where they are engaged, its easy to have a bomb miss and die. with 2BSTs though it allows for recovery if both were to die. Its quick to raise 1 person up and send pet in while the other gets trusts back out and try to settle back in.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-01 14:54:11  
I ended up cheesing it as SCH. MB Helix and have August tank until the first EES, then disengage and run to a far corner without exiting the battlefield. Re-engage August when he follows you after the bomb explodes on nobody. August continues to tank while you MB tier V nuke which should bring it to next bombs. Run to the other far side and repeat this rotating tier V and Helix with RR up in case of something going wrong.

I got the Scythe first kill and fortunately never have to worry about this bish again.