Floppy is special because GIRTH.

YUP.

Asura.Cyleena said: »
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Asura.Kaitaru said: »
I'm just not quite sure why I can't find players like the ones I converse with on the forums here and in FFXI on other boards/MMO's.
Forum people that actively play 11 are in short supply but don't give up. I bet you'll find some quality friends in time~

Coming around here more often will help I bet.

They are hard to find cause a great deal of people that post forums are not even playing anymore. That being said there is still some that that do play, and its just getting with the right people. Also, it makes it hard if you take breaks then come back because so many things have changed, people move on and quit, etc, so have to build new friendships. There is still a lot of good people on FFXI. You just have to get out there and find them. Meeting people on forums especially ones on your server helps.
Yeah I agree thats what I meant with the bolded bit.
Depends on the server, seems I worded my above post wrong and bolded the part that I was meaning to specify. Spicy and Draylo are just one of the few that went above and beyond, still met many helpful people on Asura. I still kind of do miss gilgamesh but I found Asura to be very friendly despite how much flack it got on the forums here over the years. We seem to get a lot of crap for being the reddit linkshell server but I still have one of their pearls. Never a shortage of players to talk to in those shells and I found them player capped during prime time mostly.

Hope we see server merges soon so all you other loners can get in on this!
Well to be honest Asura got its reputation rightfully. Hardly a day goes by without someone trolling or drama in shouts/yells. We do have lots of people looking for attention, and using yells/shouts to get it. We break out the popcorn a lot on Asura. There is a lot of helpful people on Asura, as well as good people you just have to filter out the bad.

No, no it didn't.

The flack Asura gets for being Asura is the same ***NYC gets for being NYC or France gets for being France.

It is only more likely that the more occurrences there are then the more likely things are to happen. More people and more occurrences of activity. Good and bad.

If you are on bumblefuck Slyph or something with 3 times less of a population. Then it might seem more peaceful and contain less trolls simply because there is less activity.

If Asura was a server with 300-500 on compared to over 1,000 on then the popcorn would go away. It is called being dead :P

I remember when the server merge occurred and Asura people hated Pandy people from coming to their server. There was tons of drama in town shouts over it especially when Rollanmart disappeared and all the bazaars started appearing in Ru'Lude Gardens. Asura people totally did not like the fact that all these new people were on their server, which actually gave a lot of people the impression people on Asura were jerks. I have not been on many servers, so I really do not know how the other servers are especially like Odin, Bismark, etc, which are some of the bigger servers out there. I do not remember Pandy server having as much trolling and drama in shouts as Asura does but that was a long time ago. I have dealt with a lot of idiots on Asura, but tons of nice helpful people too, which is probably how it is on other servers as well.

Regardless, I just stay out of the drama in town, and just bring out the popcorn and watch people make fools out of themselves in front of everyone. :P
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-24 11:09:17  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Being from Pandy, I hated being sent to Asura. Eventually you assimilate and get over it. Pandemonium is/was the best part of Asura. Pandemonium had just as much trolling and shouting as here though. I know because I did it. :P

Anyway, doesn't change the fact that Asura is the best server nowadays for how active it is. The tales of trolls is akin to there being more crime in a city compared to a rural area or something. Most people are just crybabies and whiners though.

I can't even impress upon you how true this is.
 Asura.Cyleena
サーバ: Asura
user: Cyleena
By Asura.Cyleena 2016-02-24 11:11:43  
Being from Pandy, I hated being sent to Asura. Eventually you assimilate and get over it. Pandemonium is/was the best part of Asura. Pandemonium had just as much trolling and shouting as here though. I know because I did it. :P

Anyway, doesn't change the fact that Asura is the best server nowadays for how active it is. The tales of trolls is akin to there being more crime in a city compared to a rural area or something. Most people are just crybabies and whiners though.

You like doing it on Asura too at times. :P :P :P I was not on Pandy long before the merge cause I had just started playing the game about 5-6 months before the merge.

There is a lot of people that do it for attention like the crybabies and whiners. Anything to get a reaction to satisfy their needs.

Asura is a great server, and is very active. I rarely have downtime when I am on game. If I am in town it is usually cause I am afk, or I had to go to mh or ah for something. Always something to do with on Asura.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-24 11:34:55  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

'JP communities are so much better than NA. I hate this server, want the transfer price to go down, and want to go to a JP one.'

Not sure if serious ;p. I vaguely recall there used to be a Ragnarok Player warning thread on 2ch where JP flame or make fun different players for various reasons....from ls drama to gimp or fail PUG leader.

Reading that thread seeing familiar names popping up here and there is like watching horror movie with pop corn.

But hey, would be cool to get some JP hate by spamming yell in town 24 hr a day.

IMO JP culture is a lot more reserved, they're nice and polite most of the time, but they can talk ***behind your back. Ive seen JP talk ***in ls(forgot if it's ff11 or 14), I've even seen them flame NA in my NA PUG pt in their own language because they didn't know I can understand some JP. NA are more likely to yell silly stuff in town from my observation, but that doesn't make NA community worse than JP.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-24 11:43:14  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Cerberus.Avalon said: »

'JP communities are so much better than NA. I hate this server, want the transfer price to go down, and want to go to a JP one.'

Not sure if serious ;p. I vaguely recall there used to be a Ragnarok Player warning thread on 2ch where JP flame or make fun different players for various reasons....from ls drama to gimp or fail PUG leader.

Reading that thread seeing familiar names popping up here and there is like watching horror movie with pop corn.

But hey, would be cool to get some JP hate by spamming yell in town 24 hr a day.

IMO JP culture is a lot more reserved, they're nice and polite most of the time, but they can talk ***behind your back. NA are more likely to yell silly stuff in town from my observation.

Paraphrasing a misguided soul.

That's why I said not sure if serious!
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2016-02-24 22:57:30  
Back on topic!!

Yuckie - great sch, bst on Asura very knowledgeable and one of the better players in this era of the game for sure that I've met.

Tantehblackmage from Hades. Taught me how to solo on blm back in the day and lead a good linkshell for a very long time

Tabooo on Cerberus .. the dude is a machine ask anyone whos played with him. Hes also an extremely nice guy, at least always was to me.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-02-24 23:22:55  
I can personally attest to Yuckie being the best ever
(I've never talked to them or done anything with them, I just like their name)
[+]
 Asura.Krystela
By Asura.Krystela 2016-02-25 01:22:27  

I remember when the server merge occurred and Asura people hated Pandy people from coming to their server. There was tons of drama in town shouts over it especially when Rollanmart disappeared and all the bazaars started appearing in Ru'Lude Gardens. Asura people totally did not like the fact that all these new people were on their server, which actually gave a lot of people the impression people on Asura were jerks. I have not been on many servers, so I really do not know how the other servers are especially like Odin, Bismark, etc, which are some of the bigger servers out there. I do not remember Pandy server having as much trolling and drama in shouts as Asura does but that was a long time ago. I have dealt with a lot of idiots on Asura, but tons of nice helpful people too, which is probably how it is on other servers as well.

Regardless, I just stay out of the drama in town, and just bring out the popcorn and watch people make fools out of themselves in front of everyone. :P

We had the same happening on Cerberus when Hades merged into us. I was so ashamed of the behavior of the people on my server. Always saw it as more people to have fun with.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2016-02-25 04:01:48  
Think it should be said that this list is something neat that OP is doing in their free time, not something official. Not to discredit how serious OP will be about their list, but what I mean is someone else could just easily go do the same thing and claim it has the same weight, so I don't think anyone should be overly critical about this.

I do agree that there are a few challenges in making it close as possible to 100% accuracy. Like has been said already, lack of not knowing everyone who's played ever, or not seeing the unseen, presents a challenge, since its not like a competitive game where you can look back on records/results/placings. And if people are just throwing out random names, unfortunately it's hard to get information on that person, and you can't just take one guy's word for it, especially when people are throwing out randos like "Xxcloudstryfexx helped me get my Joyeuse" Personally, I think PodunkHollow on Siren was one of the best lowman endgame LSs for the time, but it's not gonna be easy for you to dig up info on those people =/

I also want to say, I appreciate the diversity in the list. What determines someone should be ranked higher than someone else for something different?(for instance, #12 is a player for best social LS leader, and #13 is a player for best Ballista player, why is that?).

As for the discussion of Avesta, I mean he may not be a candidate for best RDM by today's standards, but I think he definitely paved the way for, and defined how a lot of us view a "solo."

While 40 slots won't be able to contain the immensity of notable XI players (I'm sure most can agree that all of us in some way have been essential to the community's growth), I'm sure OP will do their best, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!
By pchan 2016-02-25 05:45:48  
Mdkuser is the first person with an afterglow, and it was an empyreal weapon, which is by far the highest achievement of all time in the game gear-wise even today. It was around 2012.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-02-25 06:25:07  
pchan said: »
Mdkuser is the first person with an afterglow, and it was an empyreal weapon, which is by far the highest achievement of all time in the game gear-wise even today. It was around 2012.

first it's Empyrean and second lol *** no that wasn't hard to do even then now it's a joke to do it, spamming ADL is not a skill
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2016-02-25 06:46:28  
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »

first it's Empyrean and second lol *** no that wasn't hard to do even then now it's a joke to do it, spamming ADL is not a skill

If he made an afterglow empyrean weapon using umbral marrows I'd say that's an accomplishment. ;)

But yeah I agree, even if he was the first player across servers with an afterglow empyrean I don't think that alone would earn him a place among the top 40.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-25 06:59:30  
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »

Not sure if AG empy is the highest achievement compare with first av or pw kill, but to spam adl that efficiently to be able to finish one in 2012 is definitely an achievement. If it's as easy
as you claim we would see a lot more AG empy in 2012.

Also due to pchans trollish comment on forums I think ppl often downplay their accomplishment in this game.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2016-02-29 23:37:34  
No one mentioned me at all. Now I'm just sad :(
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-02-29 23:50:06  

If obtaining an afterglow was any indication of skill, then sure. But, it's not at all.

Asura.Tamoa said: »
If he made an afterglow empyrean weapon using umbral marrows I'd say that's an accomplishment. ;)

They just spammed it to sell the marrows.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2016-03-01 03:24:51  
Sylph.Krsone said: »
Sylph - Gotenzu.
Lol'd pretty hard. Thanks for that

My vote goes to
Ticko/Takutu
 Cerberus.Warviper
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2016-03-01 06:52:15  
Team Viper
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-03-01 06:52:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu said: »
No one mentioned me at all. Now I'm just sad :(

I only did M for testers!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-03-01 09:22:20  
Apparently I got 2 votes, and not out of pity.

But hey, I'll take them. 2 non-pity votes is still better than none.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-03-01 09:23:33  
Cerberus.Warviper said: »
Team Viper

And where is Team Viper these days?
By Fujilives 2016-03-02 13:33:44  
I'm a solo/duo hermit so I'll never make anyone's list, but I do have some people in FFXI's history I'd like to give praise to:

Props to:
Kujaku of Phoenix - Best all around player
Wonchopy of Phoenix - Most helpful and patient player
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-02 14:13:52  
Fujilives said: »
I'm a solo/duo hermit so I'll never make anyone's list, but I do have some people in FFXI's history I'd like to give praise to:

Props to:
Kujaku of Phoenix - Best all around player
Wonchopy of Phoenix - Most helpful and patient player
I vote Fujilives because suck it I like proving people wrong.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-03-02 14:36:05  
Siren.Bruno said: »
As for the discussion of Avesta, I mean he may not be a candidate for best RDM by today's standards, but I think he definitely paved the way for, and defined how a lot of us view a "solo."

I'm no huge fan of Avesta. Some of the stuff he did was amazing and some of it was not (Sorry Bio>Reraise, not impressed). That being said, has RDM solo itself so drastically changed in a way that would make his conquests any less impressive (re: "by today's standards")?

With few exceptions, I'd say the old solos were more impressive because gear at 75 was always very situational. -PDT sets, for instance, sacrificed pretty much all else in the name of PDT, let alone -DT. Some subs also gained some key abilities in /12 levels. Not to mention better spells like Grav2, Refresh2/3. New abils/spells like Composure and Addle, the ability to stun while /blm.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-03-02 15:12:04  
a lot of old solos were just get enfeebling high enough to land sleep or grav. the only hard ones are things you couldn't bind/grav/sleep. chigre and jailer solos were my favorite. chigre probably one of the hardest imo, but there were solos like Aynu-kaysey where you just dot > nuke > zone to lose aggro > repeat, that are just time consumers.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-03-02 16:42:07  
chigre ran slower than you, it was just get to 22', cast something, run until at 22' repeat.. not remotely difficult to execute and didn't require any real thought
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19