言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Top 40 FFXI Players Of All Time
Top 40 FFXI Players Of All Time
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 18 19
By Ramyrez 2016-02-19 07:53:54  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
ITT: There is no objective way to determine who the best/top 40 players of FFXI are/were, especially when a majority of them or those who they played with haven't touched the game or its communities in years.

Absolutely this, in both the "objectively there is no 100% accurate metric for this" sense and the "the game is a decade and a half old, encompassing multiple eras, with so many gone that how do we even?"
[+]
 Bahamut.Jezard
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Dre
By Bahamut.Jezard 2016-02-19 08:10:51  
Bahaumt/Ramuh

Darwyn
She lead our LS Pixies back in the day to one the first legitimate AV kills in the game. She also was one of the best whm I ever played with. She was a top tier whm with out the use of any 3rd party tool.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-19 08:22:23  
Finsternis and Prufrock
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2016-02-19 08:50:01  
How can you guys forget the legenday Jponry !

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Phoenix/Jponry
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-19 09:03:34  
I'd like to point out, just cause they solo real good doesn't mean their the best at their job.
soloing and working as a team is the aim of the game here.

^-^
there are plenty of people who are extremely talented at their jobs and never solo at all.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-19 09:15:00  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
I'd like to point out we are quickly moving this to "the best 500 players of all time" with the number of suggestions rolling in from over a decade of players.

Are we really expecting this to pan out anyway? Better said, is the OP expecting that?

This thread would be so much better if it's "Name the top players in your mind" instead of "top 40 of all time". That way we can all just write down players that we appreciate the most.

Otherwise it'll just turn into "A player is better than B player" pissing contest, as many of the posts in this thread are already like that.

I mean, if op's goal is to learn the story of different player, he could just do "name your favorite players" instead of using a more sensitive term like "top 40 of all time" or "stand above the crowd"

I have my list of my favorite players of all time, but kinda reluctant to share it just because I think it's promoting pissing contest lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2016-02-19 09:16:43  
I'd like to see an expansive list of the top 40 players who actively post here but don't even play the game anymore - and haven't for years.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-19 09:24:01  
I'd like to point out we are quickly moving this to "the best 500 players of all time" with the number of suggestions rolling in from over a decade of players.

Are we really expecting this to pan out anyway? Better said, is the OP expecting that?

Brb making a list of every single players that I've met and pt with :)
By Ramyrez 2016-02-19 09:24:04  
Avesta has this big fanboy cult because of the impression he left from videos and not actually because he was the best player. People are impressionable and don't know better.

It wasn't an argument I was prepared to start but I tend to agree whole-heartedly.

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
I have my list of my favorite players of all time, but kinda reluctant to share it just because I think it's promoting pissing contest lol.

More or less. I'm hesitant even to say Ruke. Not that he doesn't deserve to be in consideration if we have to make such a list, because he was a good player and -- uncharacteristic for a lot of good players in this game -- pretty humble about it, and non-judgmental about other people. But he's (still) got enough fanbois already for a dude who hasn't played in over six years. Mofo doesn't need me fluffing him.
By fonewear 2016-02-19 09:26:23  
Cerberus.Avalon said: »
I'd like to see an expansive list of the top 40 players who actively post here but don't even play the game anymore - and haven't for years.

That list would be more than 40 players !
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-19 09:27:50  
Ackeron said: »
Let's not forget the people at Brady Games. They played this game just to make that guide for us all.

God bless you FFXI players of Brady Games!

It's because of that guide I'm played monk/whm the entire time !

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Celdwn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: celdwn
By Fenrir.Celdwn 2016-02-19 09:47:42  
please don't forget to * the cheat users

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-02-19 09:51:36  
Fenrir.Celdwn said: »

Avesta*!

This leads into a dangerous discussion of "what exactly is cheating" though.

For example if I solo with gearswap for an efficiency gain a vanilla player can't touch (this, *music plays*) then that is honestly cheating in the sense of the word. Akin to performance enhancing drugs in sports.

And much like performance-enhancing drugs in sports, it makes the end product more watchable and why do we even bother playing this game of moral superiority?

Make steroids mandatory already. I want entertainment! Don't give me that hogwash about player safety. If we gave a single *** about that the NFL wouldn't exist.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-02-19 09:55:03  
Ramyrez said: »

Avesta*!

For example if I solo with gearswap for an efficiency gain a vanilla player can't touch (this, *music plays*) then that is honestly cheating in the sense of the word. Akin to performance enhancing drugs in sports.

And much like performance-enhancing drugs in sports, it makes the end product more watchable and why do we even bother playing this game of moral superiority?

Make steroids mandatory already. I want entertainment! Don't give me that hogwash about player safety. If we gave a single *** about that the NFL wouldn't exist.
That's exactly why I don't like NFL, Boxing, and the likes.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-02-19 09:57:56  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »

Meh. Won't go into it further in this thread. But boxing/MMA have their own issues that have nothing to do with PEDs that make them intolerable.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-02-19 10:12:40  
Posting in an e-peen thread.

Because obviously I'm the best.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-02-19 10:15:39  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »

Meh. Won't go into it further in this thread. But boxing/MMA have their own issues that have nothing to do with PEDs that make them intolerable.
Oh, I didn't mean because of PEDs, but because they're violent sports and there's potential for lasting, serious disability.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-19 10:16:50  

Avesta*!

Well people use drugs, it force others to use drugs to keep up. In the end every player risk their life and health to "entertain" others.

Regarding GS and tools, it has nothing to do with moral superiority, more has something to do some players act as if they are "better" because they use it, then look down toward others who choose not to use it and call them "suck" or "choose to be bad" or "unfit for endgame", even though there are many players who choose not to use it plays perfectly fine in endgame settings.

Probably another reason why I'm against all that " A Player is better than B Player" discussions.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-19 10:22:04  
Fujilives has a better Gearswap than I, but I know he ain't ***!!

FAVORITE PLAYER.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-02-19 10:24:13  
My antivirus has to be also named after this person everyone talks about!!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2016-02-19 10:25:44  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Posting in an e-peen thread.

Because obviously I'm the best.

I'm better than you because my name start with A. Top of the list!

Waits for someone pop with "Aaaaaaaa" name and beat me*
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 18 19