MNK ACP body
First Page 2
 Bahamut.Shadowskull
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shadow273
By Bahamut.Shadowskull 2009-09-06 16:56:44  
hy everyone!

talked with alot of ppl and all say it on different way.

which adds shall i put in my acp body for mnk???

acc will be a must cause im elvaan and need the acc

att would be cool for ws and dot

da would be nice for PAWN

crit would be a nice combination with destroyers.

any help welcome, if possible with situations

ty
 Valefor.Usul
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Usul 2009-09-06 17:04:22  
ACC/ATK
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-06 17:13:22  
"acc will be a must cause im elvaan and need the acc"
Anything that isn't acc for ANY race is gimp. Its not race based. The 10 acc is the best stat u can get on that body for mnk.

"crit would be a nice combination with destroyers."
You gain more damage from crits when you have LESS 3 crit would be more of an improvement w/ waghs than it would w/ destroyers.

"DA" no

Get acc/attack
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-06 17:19:13  
Usul said:
ACC/ATK
 Siren.Doomrider
サーバ: Siren
user: doomrider
By Siren.Doomrider 2009-09-06 18:31:33  
acc and att all the way, that is all
 Asura.Gavvy
サーバ: Asura
user: Kumbai
By Asura.Gavvy 2009-09-07 02:16:02  
Fast Cast and Quick Draw

What Veg said :) ACC/ATK if you are gonna get it for MNK
[+]
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-09-28 12:11:15  
I got ACC/Crit for mine. It worked really well. Ontop of it, consider that you can get Shura togi if you really want ACC/ATK and its BETTER for TP than ACP body will be. Right now, because I don't have KO, I use Shura for TP, ACP for WS.
[+]
 Hades.Oromis
サーバ: Hades
user: Oromis
By Hades.Oromis 2009-09-28 12:16:55  
Ukiyasan said:
Ontop of it, consider that you can get Shura togi if you really want ACC/ATK and its BETTER for TP than ACP body will be.

No.
[+]
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-09-28 12:21:03  
Oromis said:
Ukiyasan said:
Ontop of it, consider that you can get Shura togi if you really want ACC/ATK and its BETTER for TP than ACP body will be.

No.

5 Dex/Str > 10 Atk
[+]
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-09-28 12:21:41  
Oromis said:
Ukiyasan said:

No.

I use it for WSs because of the STR and DEX mods. Also, with the CRIT, the damage spikes more. And my Shura puts out about 10-15dmg per punch on VT and IT mobs.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-28 12:23:25  
Non- Crit Mod, Non- Mighty Striked, Non- Sneak Attacked WS can't crit.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-09-28 12:24:17  
Yakutatazu said:
Oromis said:
Ukiyasan said:

No.

5 Dex/Str > 10 Atk

Wow, building TP, you want DMG with punches... 10atk does push it quite a bit. I used the ACP before Togi... so I'm going with my experience.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-09-28 12:28:09  
Rumaha said:

I have seen times where my DMG takes a major spike when using ACP then Shura. Now, I think CRIT is better than atk if you have more CRIT get and CRIT merits. Thats the real reason for the CRIT on ACP. I use the body for WS because of STR and DEX
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-09-28 12:29:48  
It's been parsed, and IIRC:
Shura +1 > att/acc ACP >> Shura

Also
Rumaha said:
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-28 12:32:09  
If you are talking about WS, Asuran DK and Howling can't crit barring Sneak Attack, dmg spike is probably a Double Attack or more landed hits on Asuran. Crit build + Destroyers and merits is very nice though yes.

Edit**

Altar said:
It's been parsed, and IIRC:
Shura +1 > att/acc ACP >> Shura

Sounds like that would be true, probably close for Togi+1 and ACP.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-09-28 12:34:31  
Again IIRC, Asuran Fists can't hit more than 8 shots, so double attack is a moot point. I'm not a monk so I don't pay too much attention to it, just going off memory.

Also, crit hit (and DA too) are decreasing returns, so having crit merits makes crit on the body worth less than it would to someone with no crit merits.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-28 12:36:23  
Altar said:
Again IIRC, Asuran Fists can't hit more than 8 shots

Even so, even with capped ACC, Asuran Fists only has a roughly 65% chance of hitting all 8 hits, meaning higher DA=higher chance of getting the 8 hits.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-09-28 12:36:44  
Well, I was using a Crit build for awhile. For my TP build, it was great. Just seems that as of late, I'm not landing crits as much and you have to consider, my ACP has ACC/CRIT, therefore, with that one... +20ATK > 5STR/DEX for TP gain.... it could just be a string of bad luck, but I'll always use both. I just personally love my Togi.

Also, most the time with my CRIT build, I was CRITing about 4-5x more than other MNKs I knew. The damage was noticable.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-28 12:37:12  
Altar said:
Again IIRC, Asuran Fists can't hit more than 8 shots, so double attack is a moot point. I'm not a monk so I don't pay too much attention to it, just going off memory.

Also, crit hit (and DA too) are decreasing returns, so having crit merits makes crit on the body worth less than it would to someone with no crit merits.

DA Was for Howling and DK, attacks are capped at 8 per round yes, landing more hits for Asuran would be more dmg, hard to hit 8 hits all the time :x so say you land 6 on avg, hitting 8 would be a chunk more.

Edit**

Enternius said:
Altar said:
Again IIRC, Asuran Fists can't hit more than 8 shots

Even so, even with capped ACC, Asuran Fists only has a roughly 65% chance of hitting all 8 hits, meaning higher DA=higher chance of getting the 8 hits.

This too, but I think its a lot higher then 65% to land 8 with capped acc, I think its closer to 80% not sure.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syla
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Syla
By Leviathan.Syla 2009-09-28 12:41:32  
I've heard that Shura +1 does actually outparse an acc/atk ACP body for MNK. With that in mind I plan on getting acc/DA for mine. It'll be a zerg piece more than anything really for me. MNK/DRK w/ Faith Baghnakhs, brutal earring, and ACP body w/ DA on it is awesome for zerging. In a zerg w/ plenty of support you'll probably want the extra attacks from DA than 10atk (or at least I personally do.) Keep in mind that when using Faith Baghnakhs you can DA on either of your 2 regular punches and also on the virtue stone proc'd punches. Combine this w/ Fighter's Roll and a WAR in your pt and you've got an amazing zerg combo.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-28 12:42:58  
Rumaha said:
This too, but I think its a lot higher then 65% to land 8 with capped acc, I think its closer to 80% not sure.

Well based on the 95% hit rate cap per hit, it's simple math, 95%^8 = 63.025% chance of hitting all 8 hits.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-28 12:44:01  
Idk where said:

Hit rate: 95.0%
Chance of a:
8-hit Asuran: 66.3%
7-hit Asuran: 27.9%
6-hit Asuran: 5.1%
5-hit or less: 0.6%

Hit rate: 90.0%
Chance of a:
8-hit Asuran: 43.0%
7-hit Asuran: 38.3%
6-hit Asuran: 14.9%
5-hit or less: 3.8%

Hit rate: 85.0%
Chance of a:
8-hit Asuran: 27.2%
7-hit Asuran: 38.5%
6-hit Asuran: 23.8%
5-hit or less: 10.5%

Hit rate: 80.0%
Chance of a:
8-hit Asuran: 16.8%
7-hit Asuran: 33.6%
6-hit Asuran: 29.4%
5-hit or less: 20.3%

So it indeed is 65%
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-28 12:45:50  
Syla said:
Keep in mind that when using Faith Baghnakhs you can DA on either of your 2 regular punches and also on the virtue stone proc'd punches. Combine this w/ Fighter's Roll and a WAR in your pt and you've got an amazing zerg combo.

I outparsed a Kclub DRK on Dynamis Lord with those Baghnakhs. They're freaking killer, lol.

That being said, you might be better off using Melee Cyclas for the added HP for zerging.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-09-28 12:49:31  
Enternius said:
Syla said:
Keep in mind that when using Faith Baghnakhs you can DA on either of your 2 regular punches and also on the virtue stone proc'd punches. Combine this w/ Fighter's Roll and a WAR in your pt and you've got an amazing zerg combo.

I outparsed a Kclub DRK on Dynamis Lord with those Baghnakhs. They're freaking killer, lol.

That being said, you might be better off using Melee Cyclas for the added HP for zerging.

This one I can agree with because if you are MNK/DRK for a zerg with Faith... Souleater will do more DMG with added HP.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-28 13:25:25  
If you outparse a DRK as mnk/drk, the drk died or was doing it very wrong.
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2009-09-28 13:29:41  
Vegetto said:

Well thats true too, except when you Hundred Fist if they aren't smart enough to pop Blood Weapon. Again, that is them not doing something right. Also, MNK/DRK should die faster if they Hundred Fist with Souleater on.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-09-28 13:35:16  
Enternius said:

Rumaha said:
hard to hit 8 hits all the time :x so say you land 6 on avg, hitting 8 would be a chunk more.

Ya, you guys are entirely correct, I forgot about the accuracy issue.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-28 13:37:15  
Vegetto said:

Not necessarily. A MNK/DRK with Faith Baghnakhs and capped Haste is faster than a DRK with Kclub and capped Haste. The only problems are
1) You need like 3 dedicated healers, and you're not temporarily invincible like on DRK.
2) You waste lots of Virtue stones.

That being said, my MNK has roughly 2300 HP when I don't have my Haste gear equipped for Hundred Fists. A MNK/DRK's ACC, individual hits, and frequency of hits are all going to be higher than a Kclub DRK's.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-28 13:59:52  
2300 HP at 10% hp taken, 5% damage deal is gonna be 115 extra damage for the first strike
That knocks off 230 hp
2000 hp for 2nd strike, 10% taken off 5% damage
100 dmg extra dmg
Knocks off 200 hp
1800 hp for third strike 90 dmg added to punch
180 hp taken off
1620hp 81 dmg added to 4th strike

Now with faiths you will average about 4 stikes per round. So you have 386 added damage per attack round on average. Then you'll average about 100 per hit w/ faiths even w/ top of the line buffs in a zerg, so we're looking at 400 + 386ish as my estimation = 786 dmg/round on average. (and it goes by attack round so even w/ cure won't help the dmg on that around for all the hits after the first)

Now as for drk, you can push about 1800 hp (higher w/ drain II obviously but let's go with 1800)
now don't quote me on this, since I've never owned one, but the average kclub number of swings is 4 from what I hear. However, drk will get 12% dmg/hit
1800 at 12% dmg hp dmg proc is 216 dmg/hit
Averaging 4 hits per attack round is 864 dmg/round

Kraken burn drk can get 25% haste in gear, which puts them at 68.75% haste for cap

"Not necessarily. A MNK/DRK with Faith Baghnakhs and capped Haste is faster than a DRK with Kclub"
Wrong, and here's why

Kraken is 264 delay
264 x .3125 = 82.5 delay/attack round

Faiths are 413 delay, 74% haste (hundred fist speed)
107.38 delay/attack round

1/(82.5/107.38) = 1.3015 = 30% increase in attack speed.

So, let's review

Kraken, 30% faster, more average dmg/attack round. Faiths don't come close

Also, zerg w/ proper brd rotation puts the drk and mnk at double march, double minuet, double madrigal. Double madrigal and feint on a zerg should level the playing field in terms of acc.

Also, this is w/o even factoring in jump/high jump which stacks w/ kraken for massive damage.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-28 14:05:54  
I know, in ideal situations, yes, a Kclub DRK would be far better. I'm not saying my MNK is better than a DRK with Haste and SV Marchx2, but here's the thing.

We low-man pretty much everything we do. Taking DL with 15 people means less melee, more mages. That being said, we only have one BRD. Just one. And he was doing double Madrigal, so whereas the MNK/DRK (Me) was at full speed (Obviously because of Hundred Fists), the DRK was not.

Again, Kclub DRK > Faith MNK/DRK in ideal situations. These are not ideal situations.
[+]
First Page 2