Random Politics & Religion #03

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #03
Random Politics & Religion #03
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 27 28 29
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-03 10:29:51  
I know it comes down to what you've been exposed to and anecdotal story is anecdotal...

but I've seen some insane vitriol coming from the Clinton supporters towards Sanders' supporters. It honestly baffled me, especially if you consider that those two at the end of the day are very similar candidates ideology-wise, and it's just a matter of pushing more for the issue vs focusing more on the maneuvering and political juggling to get them through downsized.

Idk it left me really perplexed and one of the reason I stopped reading politics on bg for example. What you so *** mad about?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-03 11:05:34  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I know it comes down to what you've been exposed to and anecdotal story is anecdotal...

but I've seen some insane vitriol coming from the Clinton supporters towards Sanders' supporters. It honestly baffled me, especially if you consider that those two at the end of the day are very similar candidates ideology-wise, and it's just a matter of pushing more for the issue vs focusing more on the maneuvering and political juggling to get them through downsized.

Idk it left me really perplexed and one of the reason I stopped reading politics on bg for example. What you so *** mad about?

It's going both ways. I don't know why Clinton's supporters would hate Bernie, and I don't think that they necessarily do. It's that they don't like his supporters, because many of his supporters do seriously dislike Clinton, for very good reasons.

She represents a lot of things wrong with the Democratic party.

I personally don't think she represents as badly what's wrong with the Dems as much as Trump and Cruz both do with the GOP, but that is opinion.

The fact of the matter is the frontrunners for both parties are indicative of serious flaws in their respective parties.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-03 11:10:01  
What is with all this agreeing I thought I was in the wrong thread for a minute !
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-03 11:22:25  
Drama Torama said: »
Berniebros

Hmmm sounds like a cereal or video game waiting to happen.
Altimaomega said: »
Whatever we do, let's not have a monument mean different things to different people.

Though this a sarcastic statement it is very much the crux behind the founding fathers intent for America. The Constitution for instance is intentionally worded to create open interpretation.

Or more recently, and on the topic of the Confederacy, "Stars and Bars". For some people it represents the spirit of the South's ante-bellum nobility, along with the rebellious spirit and championing a "lost cause". For others it represents racism due to the efforts of men post civil war to scare the new freed slaves by dawning white cloaks and hoods, pretending to be the ghosts of fallen confederate soldiers. These "ghosts" flew the "Stars and Bars" during their antics

And that's how we have a historical relic mean different things to different people. But the point is it's not a bad thing, if it was the first amendment wouldn't exist and all historic opinions and interpretations would be uniform via mandate.

I don't expect everyone to see how this all related to the conversation, but it is.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-03 11:33:30  
Cruz Missive said: »
- Oh yeah, in case you hadn't noticed, she's beating the hell out of him. The split on non-superdelegates is 55/45, which in an election is solid thumping, and in a primary? That's an ***-whooping.
He does tend to fair much better in the states where there are open primaries, and I wonder if he'd have come out ahead had all state primaries were open. Then I guess it's a question for the DNC of whether there's greater strategic value in having open primaries to get a better idea of what independent voters are thinking.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-03 11:42:52  
Open primaries' in politics should the norm, like how they are for fast breaks in basketball.

Trump would have sealed the needed delegates at this point if all states had open primaries.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-03 11:44:15  
There sure is a lot of bs aroud the entire primaries process in both parties. I hope they will fix this in the future.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-03 11:46:16  
Considering the media and most pundits wrote off Sanders from the start, his campaign has been exemplary and a sign that the Dems have a serious case of soft underbelly with regards to putting up someone like Clinton for POTUS. Grassroots campaign that took Clinton to task when it wasn't supposed to be anything? It clearly defines how weak Clinton is as a person in the eyes of the people.

Unless we're talking about 40+ year old women, or people making well over 200,000 dollars where she can do no wrong.

This was the guy people claimed would win zero states clobbering Clinton across the country but ultimately will come up short on delegates. An honest, modest politician who is concerned about bettering American lives and not geopolitical chess where we blow trillions so some corporation can pocket tax revenue? Who knew such people existed.

Even if my guy doesn't win, it's been a helluva adult primary for Dems all things considered.
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-05-03 11:47:46  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Open primaries' in politics should the norm, like how they are for fast breaks in basketball.

Trump would have sealed the needed delegates at this point if all states had open primaries.

Well, it depends on what people think the point of a primary should be.

If you want it to be about finding the will of the people, then they should all be open.

If you want it to be about finding your party's chosen representative, then they should be closed. The GOP has to be kicking itself that it didn't implement the superdelegate system right about now.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-03 11:48:02  

Primaries are designed to insulate party candidates and to keep certain constituencies relevant like awarding delegates based on congressional districts rather than just an up/down popular vote.

Open primaries also open the possibility of trolling from opposition like voting for weak candidates so your person can win the election not on the issues but by *** with the election system.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-03 11:48:53  
Why exactly do we still have closed primaries? It seems less democratic seeing as though it excludes people who identify as unaffiliated?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-03 11:49:05  
KASICH!
KASICH!
KASICH!

Chanted no one ever.
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-05-03 11:50:48  
KASICH!
KASICH!
KASICH!

Chanted no one ever.

He's actually super popular here in Ohio. His fans aren't really the chanting sort though, so you're probably still right.
[+]
Administrator
By Drama Torama 2016-05-03 11:51:34  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Why exactly do we still have closed primaries?

Sure, I can answer that for you

less democratic

nvm, you got it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-03 11:56:30  
KASICH!
KASICH!
KASICH!

Chanted no one ever.

He's actually super popular here in Ohio. His fans aren't really the chanting sort though, so you're probably still right.

I'd hope so considering he's the sitting governor.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-03 11:56:57  
Surprised nobody noticed I snuck in TToF AI in one of my posts on this page. #Garudakshmi2016! Errrrr I digress..

The funny thing about super delegates is they can flip flop with the proper motivation.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-03 11:58:34  
Why exactly do we still have closed primaries? It seems less democratic seeing as though it excludes people who identify as unaffiliated?

"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
"Only a Sith Democratic/Republican closed primary deals in absolutes."
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-03 12:10:45  
KASICH!
KASICH!
KASICH!

Chanted no one ever.

He seemed like a decent compromise (due to his willingness to expand Medicaid, which showed minimum malleability) until his anti-abortion record came to light nationally after he was caught up in the whirlwind of the and fell in line with the PP debacle.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-03 12:12:25  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
fonewear said: »
So I heard Bernie said it is going to be a contested convention. Did he skip Math class in school ?

Probably. It's the only way he could possibly think that the U.S. could pay for all of his proposed programs.
I dunno, I'm sure the $400,000,000,000 that went into the development of the F-35 could've helped. Apparently, that's $200,000,000,000 over it's original budget.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-03 12:16:58  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
KASICH!
KASICH!
KASICH!

Chanted no one ever.

I'd hope so considering he's the sitting governor.

Rendell got elected and reelected screwing over all of Pennsylvania that wasn't the corridor running from Harrisburg to Philly.

Sometimes it's just about blowing the right population base.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-03 12:17:25  
The funny thing about super delegates is they can flip flop with the proper motivationpayoff.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-03 12:20:38  
Oh, $400,000,000,000 for 2,457 jets. And then an additional estimated $1,000,000,000,000 (this is a lowball estimate) to maintain them and the program over their expected lifetime.

We might see it in action sometime next year, if the massive issues, such as the program not correctly distinguishing allies and enemies apart, get fixed.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-05-03 12:21:02  
The only reason sanders really cared as well as he did is because Clinton has been taking beating after beating since before the primaries began... The fact that he couldn't over take someone taking all that abuse and bad press is a failure on his part and a sign that Democrats aren't ready to move on to his type of politics yet...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-05-03 12:22:16  
How about those Detroit sickouts???
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-03 12:24:32  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
So I heard Bernie said it is going to be a contested convention. Did he skip Math class in school ?

Probably. It's the only way he could possibly think that the U.S. could pay for all of his proposed programs.
I dunno, I'm sure the $400,000,000,000 that went into the development of the F-35 could've helped. Apparently, that's $200,000,000,000 over it's original budget.

America has been at war against some of the most technological opponents the world has ever seen. Have you seen the Afghan, Iraqi and ISIS' air forces?!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-03 12:26:07  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

America has been at war against some of the most technological opponents the world has ever seen. Have you seen the Afghan, Iraqi and ISIS' air forces?!
Something we saw in Iraq and Afghanistan sparked the desire for the F-35, considering the project started in '00-'01.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-03 12:27:09  
Wow, I missed those dates up. Meant '02-'03.
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2016-05-03 12:27:40  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
How about those Detroit sickouts???

I was going to say, "I can't believe we haven't heard more about this", but then I realized that if anyone, anywhere, gave a ***about public schools in Detroit, this wouldn't be a problem in the first place
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-03 12:28:01  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
The only reason sanders really cared as well as he did is because Clinton has been taking beating after beating since before the primaries began... The fact that he couldn't over take someone taking all that abuse and bad press is a failure on his part and a sign that Democrats aren't ready to move on to his type of politics yet...

Clinton has had YEARS of ground game with minority communities and among influential types in the Democratic party. Among the older crowds she's an established figure where Bernie cannot hope to undo all of that work which is why he did so well with young, tech-savvy sub 35 year olds who don't really feel any affiliation to the Clinton construct.

It also helps that his campaign focused on young issues like the college debt crisis and corporate corruption.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-03 12:37:39  
Oh, $400,000,000,000 for 2,457 jets. And then an additional estimated $1,000,000,000,000 (this is a lowball estimate) to maintain them and the program over their expected lifetime.

We might see it in action sometime next year, if the massive issues, such as the program not correctly distinguishing allies and enemies apart, get fixed.
We should instead be using the ZF-1 from Fifth Element. Only costs 4 stones for 4 crates.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 27 28 29