Random Sportsball!!

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Random Sportsball!!
Random Sportsball!!
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-25 09:27:52  
A thread for all Sporty goodness!

• Try to Stick to Sports, Car sports are OK.

• Have Fun! Sports are for Enjoying!

[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2016-04-25 09:29:38  
Thanks for making the thread - I try to save red for important stuff.

AND NOW THE IMPORTANT STUFF!

Playoff hockey! Playoff Round one basketball!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2016-04-25 09:33:24  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Knicks

Found your problem.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2016-04-25 09:37:38  
Idiot Boy said: »
Knicks

Found your problem.

Funny way of spelling Basketball.

What the Knicks play is anti-basketball. Carmelo's the most overrated "star" in years, and Rambis is probably the worst coach in the league now that Byron Scott's been fired. Oh, and they don't have their first round pick! Dreadful stuff.

If the Knicks didn't have Porkchops Bazingas they'd somehow be more unwatchable than they are now.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-25 09:37:52  
Just a discussion starter? Anyone here watch F1?

What are peoples opinions on the new Qualifying changes? I'm personally not too sure on what they have done. 'Cause it promotes more activity in getting the cars out on Q1, but, even the commentators at times don't know what the hecks going on >:

I think they need to take it out and try it again next year and actually explain it properly. Too the teams and everyone.
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2016-04-25 09:39:28  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

What are peoples opinions on the new Qualifying changes? I'm personally not too sure on what they have done. 'Cause it promotes more activity in getting the cars out on Q1, but, even the commentators at times don't know what the hecks going on >:

I think they need to take it out and try it again next year and actually explain it properly. Too the teams and everyone.

I've tried so hard to get into F1 and I just can't. It's on at weird times on weird channels here, which makes it just impossible to stay current with.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-25 09:44:40  

I've tried so hard to get into F1 and I just can't. It's on at weird times on weird channels here, which makes it just impossible to stay current with.
Ah, it airs on ITV? (I dont know it's just on season record). so like the 3rd default channel lol. It's not really misable.

BBC do OK coverage on the news for it. ^^;; But as yout American, i dont think you could watch live.

>: I hear lots of sports arent well covered in the US. But then again, Hockey and Basketball aren't well covered here. Oh, and American Football and Nass Car isn't covered here. But then again they are very Traditional american sports.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 09:47:53  

I'd like to but it's just too hard to follow in the states without really working for it.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-25 09:48:02  
Anyone here watch F1?

Why bother when you know the whole sport is a sham since they don't let the Stig compete?

Really felt bad for Flyers fans yesterday, heartbreaking to lose 1-0.

Didn't catch the end of the Stars/Wild game, but last I saw was something like 3-0, with 17 shots vs 3... yeah... (just check the score, surprised they got 4 on the board after that start).

Hoping the Penguins advance for 2 reasons, 1) I am a Pens fan, and 2)If Ovechkin gets a cup, I lost my favorite NHL related joke :(
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 09:50:26  
Grumpy Cat said: »
Really felt bad for Flyers fans yesterday, heartbreaking to lose 1-0.

First of all, never feel bad for a Flyers fan. They don't have souls. (edit: you're a Penguins fan, you should know this.)

Secondly, the Flyers were screwed from the start, they only held on the way they did due to the emotional motivation of Ed Snyder's demise and a doubly-motivated backup goaltender playing his old team.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 09:52:25  
I'll also reiterate here what I said in RT.

I think Pat Kane is an unlikable, intolerable little douchebag and I think Toews is as overrated as they come when it comes to "superstars," but the Blackhawks are just scary good. That game Saturday was absurd. Down 3-1 and they roar back and win 6-3?

Yikes.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-25 09:59:00  
Spurs swept Grizzlies and Curry sprained his knee again.

Highlights of yesterday's games. Everyone else doesn't matter, the real NBA finals will be the Western Conference Finals.
[+]
Administrator
By Idiot Boy 2016-04-25 10:01:59  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Highlights of yesterday's games. Everyone else doesn't matter, the real NBA finals will be the Western Conference Finals.

On a scale of one to The Real Housewives of Orange County, how much does that Rockets team *** hate each other? Holy ***! I don't think I've ever seen a playoff so openly give no ***.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-04-25 10:04:24  
Ramyrez said: »

I think Pat Kane is an unlikable, intolerable little douchebag and I think Toews is as overrated as they come when it comes to "superstars," but the Blackhawks are just scary good. That game Saturday was absurd. Down 3-1 and they roar back and win 6-3?

Yikes.

What is Kane like off the ice? I take that into consideration when picking my favorite players. With Crosby he does a lot of good things, time with fans, charity work etc but he is just such a whine *** on the ice that it cancels out and I don't like him.

All-time favorite player, Jarome Iginla. "...while a member of the Flames, Iginla donated $2,000 to the children's charity Kidsport for every goal he scores."

All-time most hated player, Jagr.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-25 10:05:39  

On a scale of one to The Real Housewives of Orange County, how much does that Rockets team *** hate each other? Holy ***! I don't think I've ever seen a playoff so openly give no ***.
They knew they were going to lose to the Warriors.

Hell, even when they won they lost. Just means they have to play the Warriors again.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-04-25 10:07:44  
What is Kane like off the ice?

Not. Good.

Every couple years something else pops up.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-25 10:09:16  

Well Dwight Howard is one of the most disappointing players to ever play the game, so much potential but has never even tried to develop his offense, this is a guy that should average over 20 PPG every season but doesn't even come close. And James Harden hates playing defense, I mean the clips of his defensive failures this year are just hilarious. Blow the team up, get rid of both of those guys.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-25 10:11:33  

Yikes.

Yeah well, there is nothing overrated about Kane on the ice, he is the best American player in a long, long time. That OT winner in Game 5 was just ridiculous, no one else scores that goal.
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 10:12:28  

Yikes.

What is Kane like off the ice? I take that into consideration when picking my favorite players. With Crosby he does a lot of good things, time with fans, charity work etc but he is just such a whine *** on the ice that it cancels out and I don't like him.

All-time favorite player, Jarome Iginla. "...while a member of the Flames, Iginla donated $2,000 to the children's charity Kidsport for every goal he scores."

All-time most hated player, Jagr.

Kane is basically the Ben Rothelisberger of the NHL. Suspcious disappearing rape allegations included.

Iginla is an awesome player and an awesome guy. I bought an Iggy Penguins jersey just for the hot minute he played with us. It's a shame he had no on-ice chemistry with Sid or Geno.

I used to really hate Jagr; I grew up a Sabres fan and hopped onto the Penguins after college when I moved to the Pittsburgh area, and by then Jagr was a Ranger. But as time has gone on, honestly, I've started to really like the guy. He's easily one of the best players of all-time and his personality is pretty unique, and his work ethic is second-to-none.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 10:12:59  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Yeah well, there is nothing overrated about Kane on the ice, he is the best American player in a long, long time. That OT winner in Game 5 was just ridiculous, no one else scores that goal.

Agreed. He's an unbelievable talent. It's just unfortunate he's got tochosen to be such a *** terrible human being.

As I stated above. I grew up a Sabres fan and I have a lot of family from Buffalo, many still living there. I really liked him at first, it was great to see a Western NY kid doing what he was doing.

But he's such...a douche. Like, "douche" was a word made for him. That smug look every time ***happens just screams, "yeah, well, it happened, I know it, you know it, we all know it, but I'm getting away with it anyway."
By Ramyrez 2016-04-25 10:16:55  
Oh, and all-time favorite player for me is Dominik Hašek, all day, every day, forever and ever amen.

Pictured here wearing my favorite jersey of all time.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-04-25 10:22:01  
He is a douche on the ice as well, I remember Toews talking about how unapproachable he is during games, just don't talk to him when he is locked in.
They had a 2 on 1 breakaway with Kane and Toews (which is very bad news) and Kane just fired it into the net, and Toews was like I was wide open with a wide open net, why didn't you pass it?
So, a period later, they had another 2 on 1 with Kane and Toews (how does this even happen, they don't even play on the same line!) and this time Kane fired it to Toews who put it in and Kane said "There I *** passed it are you *** happy now?"
But he is a hockey player, in Chicago, nobody cares if he is rough, its expected here. Cubs are going all the way this year, everything else is a bonus.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-04-25 10:24:18  
Should change the title to "Random Hockey and possibly other sports also"
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-04-25 10:30:07  
My Sports Knowledge is limited to Rugby, F1 and E-sports.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 12 13 14