Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
First Page 2 ... 116 117 118
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-18 03:03:28  

YouTube Video Placeholder

The game has officially launched Globally! Get in there and start playing!

For more information on unit abilities, stats, caps, rankings, etc.: https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_List

For information on Quests, Dungeons, Enemies, Items, etc.: https://exviuswiki.com/Main_Page

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is a mobile (iOS and Android) based RPG set in the world of Lapis. It features original characters, story, and locations while also featuring familiar elements such as heroes and villains from main-line Final Fantasy titles that can be summoned ("Visions") to battle, each with their own unique skillsets and talents. It is a mobage, meaning that to get characters you must gamble for them with in-game or real life currency. More on this later.

The Characters: Exvius features characters from across the Final Fantasy series as well as a suite of new, original characters. Each character comes with its own set of abilities, spells, traits, equipment affinities, and "Trust" gift (more on that later). Characters are rated between ☆ and ☆☆☆☆☆☆ (currently, only characters up to ☆☆☆☆☆ are available in Global). This ☆ level generally depicts a character's maximum level and general power compared to other characters (with some exceptions).

Evolution: Characters each have their own cap on what ☆ level they can reach, however a ☆☆☆ character that has the potential to reach ☆☆☆☆☆ (for example) can be upgraded to that point with no loss in stats or abilities. For example, Cecil can reach up to ☆☆☆☆☆ in Global, however you can draw him as low as ☆☆☆. Using the Evolution system, you can increase his ☆ rank all the way up to ☆☆☆☆☆ (and later, ☆☆☆☆☆☆) and he will have the same stats as if you had drawn him naturally at ☆☆☆☆☆. Characters gain different abilities, spells, and Trust gifts depending on their ☆ rank, generally getting better with the upgrade. The only time that you would ever want to keep a character at a lower level is if you want to min/max your Limit Break evolution. More on this below.

Trust System: Each character has a Trust level. Upon reaching 100% Trust with that character, you will unlock a special weapon, armor, accessory, ability, spell, or trait to use on any character in your team that meets the equip criteria. To increase trust, you either need to fuse identical characters (i.e., Cecil + Cecil) or get a 10% chance proc of +0.1% Trust at the end of a battle. The Trust process takes a very long time to complete, it is generally an endgame goal unless you get lucky draws. It is worth noting that accumulated Trust on each character being fused carries over, i.e. 25% Trust Cecil + 25% Trust Cecil = 55% Trust Cecil (25 + 25 + 5). There will be additional ways to gain Trust in the future.

Limit Breaks: Among each character's ability set is a unique Limit Break. These are normally quite straightforward, however what isn't mentioned very plainly in-game is that these "level up" along with their use. The level/potency of a Limit Break will increase at a 1:1 ratio with use, i.e. 1 use of that Limit Break = 1 Limit Break EXP, and the amount of EXP required to master the Limit Break is based on rarity. This means that a ☆☆☆ character will level their Limit Break up far faster than a ☆☆☆☆☆ character, so some players opt to leave their strongest Limit Break bearers at ☆☆☆ to maximize the Limit Break's level before Awakening them. (Usually, it goes ☆☆☆ = 100 uses, ☆☆☆☆ = 200 uses, ☆☆☆☆☆ = 300 uses, etc.)

Espers: There are currently four Espers available in Global: Siren, Ifrit, Golem, and Shiva. Espers serve as effectively another piece of equipment for your character in addition to another set of abilities. Your Espers can be leveled up and upgraded using Magicite. As they gain levels, you will be granted SP which can be spent on skill trees for your Espers. Skill trees grant that Esper higher stats and new abilities: these abilities and 1% of the Esper's stats being passed on to the character equipping it. Please note that there is currently no way to respec an Esper and you do not get enough SP to buy every node, so be careful when allocating your points. After an Esper reaches level cap for ☆ (Level 30), you can rechallenge the Esper in the dungeon that you originally recruited it. If you defeat the Esper in battle once again, you unlock its stronger ☆☆ form which grants 40 more levels (resets to 1 during the upgrade), each giving more SP on top of what you got during the first 30 ☆ levels in addition to an expanded upgrade grid with more abilities. It is always advised to unlock an Esper's "Killer" (i.e. Stone Killer, Beast Killer, etc.) abilities and then grab the best/most usseful abilities after that, getting whatever stat nodes are directly on the path to those abilities and ignoring the rest.

Vortex Dungeons: Every day you may unlock one Vortex for free (additional unlocks cost 100 Lapis, it is unwise to spend Lapis on these). The Vortex will remain open until the next daily reset and you may use it an unlimited number of times (as energy permits) during that span. Vortex dungeons offer unparalleled amounts of EXP (outside of certain events) and evolution/crafting materials and are well worth the energy investment if you need the things that they offer.

The Farplane: The Farplane houses unique and advanced challenges. Boss fights located here cost no energy to attempt, and victory generally entails a very sizeable reward. Defeating the White Dragon, for example, proffers the player a unique weapon: Murasame.

Events: Now that the game has launched, we will be seeing two types of events: Special Events and Story Events. Special Events entail things such as Cactuar Dunes (very high EXP payout via Cactuar units that drop from the event battles), Gil Snapper Caves (moderate Gil gain via the Gil Snappers that drop from event battles), Crystal Caverns (very high Magicite drop rates), Lands of Plenty (Low to mid tier crafting materials in droves), and Friend Point Summon Boosts (these come in the form of either a 5 times multiplier on Friend Points gained from bringing Friend List Companion Units to battle or bonus units being drawable from Friend Point summons such as EXP cactuars and Gil snappers; generally these two events happen simultaneously). Story Events involve a set of dungeons with unique rewards and usually come along with special Rare Unit Draw banners that introduce new characters in the theme of the event, i.e. a Final Fantasy Tactics event will add new Final Fantasy Tactics characters. Events are almost always worth doing, and they are always worth clearing at least once since completing all three tiers of any event rewards you with Lapis and occasionally other items or recipes.

Currently Available Characters: Currently the following characters are available to draw in Global: Cyan, Shadow, Shantotto, Vivi, Fran, Edgar, Rydia, Sabin, Kain, Maria, Penelo, Galuf, Krile, Exdeath, Cecil, Firion, Bartz, Cloud of Darkness, Kuja, Vaan, Zidane, Garland, Terra, Celes, Leo, Luna, Russell, Anzelm, Clyne, Bedile, Rakshasa, Roselia, Klein, Cerius, Duane, Xiao, Gilbert, and Miyuki. Generally, these are the ones you want to aim for as the best possible if you want to min/max:

Best: Vaan, Exdeath, Bartz, Cecil, Cloud of Darkness

Noteworthy: Firion, Garland, Terra, Roselia

Useful: Cyan, Miyuki, Edgar, Shantotto, Krile, Vivi

Here is a list of characters that will be receiving a ☆ cap boost in the future:

5☆ -> 6☆: Exdeath, Bartz, Cecil, Cloud of Darkness
4☆ -> 5☆: Krile, Kain, Rydia, Galuf

[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-18 03:08:46  
Nice work!.
yes Huge point out to Shantotto being available from the start!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-18 03:39:38  
Btw the character and monster art in this game? Absolutely *** gorgeous. Even weapon sprites look incredible.

[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-18 09:14:46  
The OST is also outstanding.Now that i've played it for a while.
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-05-18 10:02:24  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Btw the character and monster art in this game? Absolutely *** gorgeous. Even weapon sprites look incredible.

I have been playing brave frontier a couple of years now. They do make their stuff purdy.
 Bismarck.Leneth
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-05-18 10:50:46  
Is this a FFRK 2.0 or is there more to it?
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-05-18 12:25:50  
Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Read the first post?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-18 13:44:50  
Just as a note for OP:
The Download link the APK doesnt work, its just a black screen on most emulators. Ive been told This Link works. it's someones drop box download.
 Bismarck.Leneth
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2016-05-18 13:45:01  
Phoenix.Morier said: »
Read the first post?
I did and the question remains valid.
From the bare description everything is already in FFRK besides the Trust grind.
The OP didn't gave an impression yet how the actual gameplay would be like. For example if we can move a character around a map or if there is a real story unlike in FFRK.
 Shiva.Zykei
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2016-05-18 13:46:56  
Read the first post?
From the bare description everything is already in FFRK besides the Trust grind.
The OP didn't gave an impression yet how the actual gameplay would be like. For example if we can move a character around a map or if there is a real story unlike in FFRK.
It's Final Fantasy's version of Brave frontier.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-18 13:50:34  
Read the first post?

There are several systems in this that are not present in FFRK. That said, the game itself has a more complex combat system, crafting system, character growth system, actual explorable dungeons and towns/cities, etc.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-18 14:00:41  
There is a real story to the game, and you can roam around a map you have the world map and then level maps for some zones you can explore for treasure. It plays like an older final fantasy basically and its pure turn based unlike FFRK
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-18 14:03:28  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Just as a note for OP:
The Download link the APK doesnt work, its just a black screen on most emulators. Ive been told This Link works. it's someones drop box download.
You have to turn off Root Mode to stop the black screen.
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-05-18 14:03:52  
Can't exit Latius Woods Exploration after clearing it because of a communication error. :I

On another note; was kind of disappointed to draw Fran in my first pull, but after experiencing how OP poison is, I'm glad I got her. Made some bosses complete push overs. ( 'w')b

Edit: ID is 207,120,404 if anyone wants to add me.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-18 14:29:07  
907 705 155 is my friend code and i added you Leon. I'm a Ranger atm, but going to change to Penelo at some point
[+]
By Faelar 2016-05-18 14:46:50  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
However, you can circumvent this restriction and play immediately (in English) via one of two methods:

Method A) For Android users, you can directly download the APK file and install it on either an Android device or a PC based emulator.

Will doing this affect my ability to update the game/keep playing when it finally releases in the US?
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-18 14:58:46  
No they said that the data will not be wiped, can always link to facebook if you want to be safe.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-18 15:26:31  

my current reroll stats. running on 4 devices (2 emulators + phone + tablet), about 7 mins per 4 pulls. ugh. Cecil of any rarity is all i want!!!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-05-18 15:51:59  
Just fought this lil guy in Dralnakya Cavern Exploration. Had a boss-style death animation and dropped a Star Quartz.

Just thought I'd mention it since the reddit wiki doesn't list them as coming from anything other than chests/quest/achievements.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-05-18 15:53:25  
Currently. Star Quartz has no use. the trading system for them isnt available.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-18 17:09:10  

F I N A L L Y

Final tally:

Friend code 055 914 179
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2016-05-18 17:16:37  
Is there a way to set my BLM's default move to fire, so I can just click instead of having to swipe, pick fire every damn turn?
By Draylo 2016-05-18 17:19:09  
Gonna download this now, hope I have enough space lol
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2016-05-18 17:36:28  
I keep getting a status connection error every time i try to install the apk on andy D:

first time using emulator. anybody have this issue before?

edit- nvm I'm a scrub, Found the file manager lol

this music doe
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-05-18 18:08:40  
just started. is there a beginner guide everyone goes by? idk what this metal jumbo cactuar is for. xD
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-05-18 18:12:43  
This is too laggy on Andyroid and not working at all on Bluestacks. I wanted to try it out badly too :/
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-18 18:24:29  
Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
just started. is there a beginner guide everyone goes by? idk what this metal jumbo cactuar is for. xD

metal jumbo cactuar is used for character exp, when you go to Enhance a character, use the cactuar in place of another character and it will give 30,000exp.

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
This is too laggy on Andyroid and not working at all on Bluestacks. I wanted to try it out badly too :/

Weird, was running it simultaneously on NOX, Andy, and Droid4x without lag problems
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-05-18 19:24:38  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Is there a way to set my BLM's default move to fire, so I can just click instead of having to swipe, pick fire every damn turn?
Hit repeat.
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2016-05-18 20:35:59  
Got some shitty 1* on my free roll. but then played til i got rank 4 before syncing to my FB. Is it worth it to restart to get a better roll? I'm on android.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-05-18 20:55:35  
The first free roll is fixed, it always gives a 1* BLM, WHM, or WAR. The one that matters is the 2nd free roll that you do by spending your first 500 lapis. If you have the time and the patience, remaking the account over and over to get Vaan, Cecil, Cloud of Darkness, Exdeath, or Bartz is favorable but not required. THey don't have to be high rank, 3* is fine.
First Page 2 ... 116 117 118