Random Politics & Religion #06

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #06
Random Politics & Religion #06
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 34 35 36
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-12 09:59:16  
Jetackuu said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
He was apparently mad over seeing two men kissing.

[Mod Edit: Mateen, not Lordgrim. - AnnaMolly]

He probably just wanted the action for himself and was too repressed to admit it.
The sad thing is that many gays go to night clubs while still being in the closet to their families, so you have to imagine that some of those families are learning their child, brother, sister, etc. was gay from a notification of their death.

It's a sad thing.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-12 10:00:38  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/index.html

Quote:
Orlando, Florida (CNN)Approximately 20 people are dead inside Pulse, a gay nightclub, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said Sunday morning, just hours after a shooter opened fire in what authorities are saying is a domestic terror attack.
At least 42 people have been transported for medical treatment, he said. Police have shot and killed the gunman, Mina told reporters.
"It's appears he was organized and well-prepared," the chief said, adding that the shooter had an assault-type weapon, a handgun and "some type of (other) device on him."
Law enforcement sources told CNN that the suspect had possible explosive devices strapped to his body and in his vehicle, but a U.S. official said later that no explosives were found.
At least nine officers were involved in the shootout, Mina said. Several coroner vans were seen traveling toward the nightclub.

One officer suffered an eye injury when a bullet struck his Kevlar helmet, said Danny Banks, special agent in charge of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Orlando bureau. The helmet saved the officer's life, Banks said.

The shooter is not from the Orlando area, Mina said. He has been identified as Omar Saddiqui Mateen, 29, of Fort Pierce, about 120 miles southeast of Orlando, two law enforcement officials tell CNN.

Swedish news is saying ~50 dead, not sure how accurate it is (maybe CNN hasn't updated it yet)

This right here is not a 2nd amendment issue it is a immigration issue.

Clearly Islamic culture can not coexist with western culture. This is another example of enforcing Sharia Law the price of being homosexual is death.

This will be another political correct issue to cover up Islamic extremism from both the Republican and Democrat parties.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-12 10:01:21  
Oh, *** me running...
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-12 10:16:49  
Sorry Lordgrim, he was born, and probably radicalized, in America. Emphasis added to the probably radicalized but nothing definite yet parts. He could have been a homophobe who just happened to be Muslim.

What We Know About Omar Mateen, Suspected Orlando Night Club Shooter

ABC news

Quote:
Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old U.S.-born citizen, has been identified as the suspect in Sunday's mass shooting that left at least 50 dead and more than 50 others wounded at the Pulse Nightclub, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida.

Mateen's parents were born in Afghanistan, and he was "on the radar" of U.S. officials for some time, but was not the target of a specific investigation, law enforcement officials told ABC News.

A police officer working at the club responded to shots fired at 2:02 a.m., and then exchanged fire with Mateen, according to police.

At approximately 5 a.m., the SWAT team made the decision to rescue the hostages, officials said. Mateen was killed in a gunfight with those officers early this morning.

FBI assistant agent in charge of the agency's Tampa division, Ron Hopper, said this morning investigators were "looking at all angles right now" to find a motive.

"We do have suggestions that that individual may have leanings towards that, that particular ideology [Islamic extremism]. But right now we can’t say definitively, so we’re still running everything around," he said.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-06-12 10:36:51  
Now is not the time to talk gun control.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-12 10:39:05  
Few weeks later

Is it time to talk about gun control now?

Another shooting

Well ***
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-06-12 10:43:01  
Few weeks later

Another shooting

Well ***

For a lot of people it will never be time to talk gun control. Until something happens to them or one of their loved ones, then it'll be "There was no way to prevent this tragedy.".
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Terlet Sangria 2016-06-12 10:47:55  
Bahamut.Omael said: »
Few weeks later

Another shooting

Well ***

For a lot of people it will never be time to talk gun control. Until something happens to them or one of their loved ones, then it'll be "There was no way to prevent this tragedy.".

Obligatory: http://www.theonion.com/article/no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-where-this-36131

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
This right here is not a 2nd amendment issue it is a immigration issue.

Welcome back! Do try to at least attempt reading the news before launching the talking point salvos. He's homegrown, like Chanti said.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-12 10:56:25  
Few weeks later

Another shooting

Well ***

Gun control can not, and will not happen. The right to self defense is one of those inalienable rights granted to all humans "by the creator" and is cemented into the foundation of the US Constitution. No law, not even an amendment could change that. The only way to do so would be to call a constitutional convention and have the Constitution rewritten and ratified again by the individual States. There are more then enough states against "Gun Control" that any attempt at doing such would fail miserably and likely lead to another civil war.

This is one of those area's where States can go tell the Federal government to *** off and there is absolutely nothing the Federal can do about it.
[+]
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2016-06-12 11:02:48  
Asura.Saevel said: »
will not happen

We agree on this, but for totally different reasons.

If nothing changed after Sandy Hook, then we need to accept that it is never changing, ever. I don't think a gay nightclub being shot up is exactly going to motivate that demographic.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-06-12 11:09:28  
Cruz Missive said: »
will not happen

If nothing changed after Sandy Hook, then we need to accept that it is never changing, ever. I don't think a gay nightclub being shot up is exactly going to motivate that demographic.

More than a few people will be cheering that them *** done got what was comin' to 'em.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-12 11:33:37  
will not happen

More than a few people will be cheering that them *** done got what was comin' to 'em.
Sadly, that's pretty close to the rhetoric nowadays. Here's the thing; maybe the victims were gay, maybe some people have a problem with that. But the victims family isn't necessarily gay. In saying that gays deserve to die, it's also saying that these families deserve to lose a gay family member. The victim who dies isn't the only victim, the family left behind also suffers.
[+]
By Draylo 2016-06-12 11:48:15  
I've seen comments like that on the news sites, some people are just vicious animals. Really makes me cringe at how these people are out there.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
サーバ: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-12 11:52:48  
will not happen

Sadly, that's pretty close to the rhetoric nowadays. Here's the thing; maybe the victims were gay, maybe some people have a problem with that. But the victims family isn't necessarily gay. In saying that gays deserve to die, it's also saying that these families deserve to lose a gay family member. The victim who dies isn't the only victim, the family left behind also suffers.

I agree with you about this and pray for the families. I do not condone the murder of people out to have a good time based on their sexual preference. What I was referring to was Cultural differences between Western society and Islamic society.

We still have around 12 States that have Laws against Sodomy meaning you can go to Jail for being openly homosexual . Since the founding of the constitutional republic of the United States of America it has always been a imprisoning offense and even during the early years of our nation a Executionable offense against the natural order of Family between a Man and a Woman.

World wide there is 77 nations including the United States where it's Illegal to be homosexual.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-06-12 12:03:57  
This is another example of enforcing Sharia Law the price of being homosexual is death.

No, it isn't. Sharia law is based on the principle of retaliation. Punishment for murder is death. If a nation attacks you, you have all the right to retaliate and kill to not be killed etc. Even punishment for murder is not absolute. Parents, or close relatives if parents aren't alive, has the right to forgive the killer if they believe it wasn't intentional and to ask for monetary compensation for their loss (a.k.a. blood money). Being gay is not a reason for retaliation. You can kill a killer, but you can't un-gay a gay. It is strictly called off in Islam, but nowhere it is said to kill them.

Just because you hear that ISIS threw gay persons off the top of buildings, doesn't mean it is accepted as a rule in Islamic law.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-12 12:05:02  
This is neither a gun control issue nor an "Islam/Muslim issue."

This is a person who's beliefs were ill aligned with society, so the only way he thought he could "fix" the "problem" is by shooting up a nightclub.

All this does is strongly goes against his way of thinking. He hurt his "cause" more than anyone else could. Violence is never the answer.

So what if people are gay? Does that effect you one bit? No.

Just like who gives a *** if a person is black, Muslim, or Jewish. It doesn't matter and it shouldn't matter.

Killing people just shows how limited your mind is in solving problems, even if the type of problems you think exist are really not problems at all....

Oh, *** me running...
You would like that, wouldn't you?

World wide there is 77 nations including the United States where it's Illegal to be homosexual.
Show me a law where it's illegal to be gay in the US. I dare you!
[+]
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-06-12 12:05:35  
hear or see* (not saying they don't do that)
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-12 13:35:13  
I'd like to see a tragedy not get used as a pedestal for political rhetoric while the bodies are still warm, but that's just me.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-12 14:10:31  
Ties to the religion of peace, and a registered democrat? I'm shocked I say, shocked. Good thing Obama's out on deflection patrol blaming guns.

Gotta make sure the right narrative is pushed.

Any idea on this guys immigration status?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-12 14:18:51  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'd like to see a tragedy not get used as a pedestal for political rhetoric while the bodies are still warm, but that's just me.
Might want to ring up FOX then.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-12 14:19:14  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Natural born citizen. Good try.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-12 14:26:45  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »

Pointless comment. If you really thought I was giving Fox a pass, then you don't know me very well.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-12 14:56:13  
What about MSNBC?

CNN?

NBC?

Do the rest of the mainstream media gets a pass for doing exactly the same thing FOX does?
[+]
Administrator
By Cruz Missive 2016-06-12 15:08:25  

I think the days of that sort of decorum are, by and large, over.

Both sides were launching rhetoric before the shooting was even over with.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-12 15:21:06  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ties to the religion of peace, and a registered democrat? I'm shocked I say, shocked. Good thing Obama's out on deflection patrol blaming guns.

Gotta make sure the right narrative is pushed.

Nausi: clueless as usual.
Hmmm, seems personal.

Oh you caught me, only a no good bigot could think such a thing was relevant.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-12 15:29:32  

Pointless comment. If you really thought I was giving Fox a pass, then you don't know me very well.
It was more a comment on the futility of your statement than anything.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
What about MSNBC?

CNN?

NBC?

Do the rest of the mainstream media gets a pass for doing exactly the same thing FOX does?
I wasn't going to type out every mainstream news station when they're all identical ***stains. I just happen to, subjectively, find FOX to be the worst of the bunch.

Quit putting words in peoples mouths so you have something to harp on about.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-12 15:30:56  
Oh you caught me, only a no good bigot could think such a thing was relevant.
Glad we agree.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-12 15:33:17  
I mean, it's not like a vast majority of mass shooting in America are carried out by natural born white males or anything.

Clearly it's something only an islamic extremist with a dubious immigration background could do.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-06-12 15:41:46  
I mean, it's not like a vast majority of mass shooting in America are carried out by natural born white males or anything.

Clearly it's something only an islamic extremist with a dubious immigration background could do.
Haven't you realized it yet? White shooters are just disturbed lone-wolf types. It is those of other skin tones or nationalities that are part of some grand conspiracy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 34 35 36