Random Politics & Religion #06

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #06
Random Politics & Religion #06
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 34 35 36
By Ramyrez 2016-06-13 09:48:17  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I'd say that most of the time orientation is due to factors that are out of one's control

This is sort of the thing. Yes, maybe factors of your life led you to be further pushed toward something you were not disinclined to, but not entirely "decided" upon, either.

But these factors are largely beyond your control.

Nothing (of this nature) is ever a simple "choose A or B."

I've said before that I'm not really attracted to men beyond an appreciation for a figure I wish I too could have (and work toward).

But if something happened to my wife and I really hit it off with someone online, for instance. Made a real connection. And they were a guy?

I dunno. Maybe I have a few beers and see where things go? Maybe I don't? I mean, it doesn't really do anything for me thinking about it now, but who is to say in that moment?
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-13 10:30:43  
So. Much. Ignorance. These last few pages.

On the survival of the gay gene or genetic cluster.

For much of human existence we lived in small, interrelated tribal groupings. In such settings having a productive but non procreating member was a survival advantage for the family - tribe.

Remember that the genes you carry do not have to be passed on by you to get to the next generation. Your siblings and cousins can pass every gene you carry on to the next generation for you.

On choice.

I'm bi. Always have been, my first girlcrush was at 15. In 1959. When being anything but 100% heterosexual was SCARY. Big time. With teeth. My only choice was whether I would act on it. I chose not to.

Qualities that attract me include bright, witty, talented, sarcastic, snarky, and, I must admit, broken. Qualities that don't seem to figure in include height, weight, shape, muscle tone, or gender.

There are physical qualities that attract my eye. These include good smiles, good posture, and freckles. They do not tend to attract anything but my eye.

Who you are attracted to is NOT a choice.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-13 10:36:17  
Binary sexuality has been known for millennia to be an incomplete picture. Sexuality falls on a spectrum, from orientation all the way down to individual kinks. Parts of sexuality are learned and parts are hardwired. The actual fact of the matter is that who you're attracted to is not a choice and it's not a defect. It's not even up for debate. Why are so many people so concerned with who people they don't even know are screwing?
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
サーバ: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2016-06-13 11:40:54  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
And now my favourite part the evolutionary biology argument. Which falls flat once you realize that species don't use sex for procreation only. Sex has another great biologic advantage that is not creating offspring, but it's social bonding. Take bonobos, they *** to keep peace between tribes.

Actually sexual attractions only purpose is reproduction. The action of sex can be used for other things but the attraction and mate selection portion are 100% definitely about procreation. It's how genetic fitness testing work.

It's fun to see how little people know about our primal world even though they worship it.
So.... can you provide any studies or research to support these rather bold, broad statements? Since anything which is "100% definitely" should be extremely easy to verify.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-13 11:49:19  
The question of whether homosexuality is a choice or not is actually very, very easy to answer.

When someone claims homosexuality is a choice, tell them to go suck a ***.

Yes, I'm serious. Tell them to temporarily 'choose' to be gay, suck a few ***, then choose to be straight again. See how he responds.

Of course he won't do it, conservatives aren't known for their conviction.
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-06-13 11:50:26  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
The question of whether homosexuality is a choice or not is actually very, very easy to answer.

Yes, I'm serious. Tell them to temporarily 'choose' to be gay, suck a few ***, then choose to be straight again. See how he responds.

That's not fair though, no one wants to suck a ***. *** are nasty and gross, gay or straight.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-06-13 11:54:54  
Grumpy Cat said: »
That's not fair though, no one wants to suck a ***.

My condolences. I'm guessing you've never had an awesome girlfriend before.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-13 11:57:21  
no one wants to suck a ***
That is...so not true.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-13 12:06:16  
Bismarck.Ihina said: »

That's not fair though, no one wants to suck a ***. *** are nasty and gross, gay or straight.

Wash your junk, man.

I've asked women before why they don't like oral and most of it comes down to terrible hygeine. No one wants to smell ***/sweat going down on anyone, male or female.

So be a good American. Wash your ***. Throughly.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-06-13 12:08:04  
When in doubt wash your ***.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-13 12:13:13  
Personally, I don't who is screwing as I have my likes and much like broccoli, marmite or lutefisk I'm not about to convince anyone to like what I like. We can debate but ultimately debates are just mental masturbation. No one changes positions. I present years of FFXIAH as evidence.

So go out there, chase down ***, vaginas, both, neither, fursuits or what ever tickles your sexually suggestive vegetable. Just get consent from the other party, be responsible, stay classy and have fun.

Ultimately, we're all destined for the same recycle bin anyway. See you on the scrapheap!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-13 13:57:29  
Jassik said: »
Binary sexuality has been known for millennia to be an incomplete picture. Sexuality falls on a spectrum, from orientation all the way down to individual kinks. Parts of sexuality are learned and parts are hardwired.

exaclty. that's what i was saying earlier. the more important thing is when you find yourself attracted to someone you shouldn't feel any regret, shame, or fear. the fact that people try to define it as anything other than, "I like this person", is ridiculous. Saying that reproduction is the only guiding force is easily disproven. Look at same sex couples who adopt or artificially inseminate. They have the urge, the need to have a child. In nature same sex relationships happen for reasons from dominance, feels good/fun, to who knows... or cares? However, animals don't love the same way we understand it. So using just using biology in this discussion is denying the complexity of the human mind and "heart".
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-13 14:02:27  
It's hard to say what kind of emotional depth animals have. Apes and dolphins have both been shown to have fairly human understanding of mortality and grief. Obviously not the same level of self awareness, but I don't think we have a monopoly on love.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-13 14:04:50  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
the more important thing is when you find yourself attracted to someone you shouldn't feel any regret, shame, or fear

the more important thing is when you find yourself attracted to someone you shouldn't feel any regret, shame, or fear

This over, and over, and over again.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-13 14:06:28  
It's hard to say what kind of emotional depth animals have. Apes and dolphins have both been shown to have fairly human understanding of mortality and grief. Obviously not the same level of self awareness, but I don't think we have a monopoly on love.

well that's why i say in the way we understand it. i read where the red fern grows, i know about these things.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-06-13 14:07:46  

I'm reminded of this story.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-13 14:09:38  
right in the feels.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-13 14:13:52  
using biology in this discussion is denying the complexity of the human mind and "heart"
I was with you until this. Everything is biological. Including how and why we bond.
By Ramyrez 2016-06-13 14:16:13  
using biology in this discussion is denying the complexity of the human mind and "heart"
I was with you until this. Everything is biological. Including how and why we bond.

Not the word I read the first time.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-13 14:35:11  

Everything boils down to chemistry or physics eventually, but there's mechanisms associated with society that are more intricate than simply biology, even if there are physiological effects associated with them.

Adding language changes the way a mind works and adds a dynamic to interactions that has its own scientific fields of study.

Tl:dr it's not just simple biology
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-13 14:50:40  
Higher complexity doesn't mean it's not biological.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-13 14:54:51  

I meant it more directed to people saying that biology makes sex only about procreation. Attraction is more complex than that. Our genetics shape us and lead us towards the experiences that refine that shape. Biology definitely plays a part, is just not as simple as they were making it seem.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-06-13 14:57:15  
LOL
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-13 14:57:45  
Some people who argue against genetics also seem to forget(or are just unaware)that genetics have a nature of duality. It's not all code, but activation too. Genes interact with the environment, they aren't in a vacuum.
You could have cancer predisposition in your code, but it might never get triggered, for example.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-13 15:00:19  

If you want to distill it down that far, it's organic chemistry.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-13 15:01:08  

If you want to distill it down that far, it's organic chemistry.
That is the howdunnit. Biochemistry is the whydunnit.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-13 15:02:36  
If you go deeper than that, it's little heart shaped arrows shot at your butt from a flying baby.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
サーバ: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-06-13 16:04:18  
Ramyrez said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
It is worrying that a lot of people still think sexual orientation is a choice.

More worrying to me is that people still try to relate/equate sexual orientation to pedophilia, rape, and other distasteful things.
Who are you to judge. They were born that way. It's not thier choice whom they're looking at sexually. Others are just Natural Born Killers. Stop hating
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-13 17:39:34  
You'd make a good mainstream news reporter.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 34 35 36