Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Gearing newly 99 COR
Gearing newly 99 COR
By Afania 2016-09-27 18:46:03  
Taffy said: »
I haven't struggled with acc yet - with that being said I haven't tried t3 or helm reisenjima as melee cor as I'm always stuck on blm.

I don't dispute the fact that blurred +1 is BiS. I'm just having a hard time justifying spending 50m (last price on Odin) for one. Also has the need for acc been weighed against the most recent update lowering high level mobs evasion?

Just FYI, a quick check in game shows that blurred +1 has 34 acc more than degen. Which is honestly, a lot.

Just because you aren't "struggling" with acc, doesn't mean you don't gain more dps via having more acc.

For example, my lowest dw tp set with suicide Thaumas body and capped dw only has 934 acc if using degen x2. 987 acc if using adhemar body instead.

This is before food, vorseals, acc from sj and weapon slot, and used ainia collar in neck. Also used QA+3 herc feet with lower acc over my high acc herc feet with TA instead of QA.

I don't think 987 acc is good enough for most relevant content even after evasion nerf.

For example if the content cap at 1055 acc I can hit cap by sacrificing 4 stp for combatants and 3qa for ta using high acc aug herc feet with blurred hq, which is minimal lose.

If using a degen +1 I will need to start looking into sacrificing at least 2 slots (possibly ring and earring slot)for 14 more acc, or use Olseni over windbuffet +1. Or keep every piece and eat sushi instead. With my gear access it's a choice between losing 8 stp and 3 da, or 2 ta 2 qa 5 attack for 3 stp, or 160 attack 1 ta from food. All of the above choice is quite a bit of dps lose especially if you sacrifice food slot instead.

Again, everyone has different value when it comes to gil investment and dps. Some think it's good enough with what they have and don't mind losing a parse or 2, some will aim for max dps possible. Personally I think 34 acc in 1 slot is a lot, especially since it allows more room to adjust the sets to maximize dps instead of just sit there and *sigh at the fact that you need to start sacrificing slots when you are just 30 acc away from cap. Especially when other acc alternatives are much, much more expensive or harder to obtain, 28m(that's how much I paid) is quite a bargain.

I mean, both chirich +1 and mache+1 cost over 100m and people still buy it all the time, they offer less acc than blurred. Woc earring merc price is like 30m as well. You can't possibly pop on the forum and argue 28m for 34 acc is a omfg terrible choice of gil spending or something.
By Taffy 2016-09-28 00:26:39  
Shiva.Eightball said: »
first off, if you have living bullet why the hell are you using Holliday for salute?

second, the main cor thread has many of the gear options you are looking for in the last 5 pages or so.

Was on cell phone and looking at LS sets. I unfortunately don't have DP so thus no Living Bullet - maybe some day. I meant Divine Bullet the Sup 1 ones that sell for like 200k a stack.

I was looking at the cor guide but couldn't see any recent LS sets only Savage blade ones - i'll take another look.
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-09-28 10:20:45  
please DO NOT use "LS" to refer to any weapon skills as it can be confusing, please use Leaden, Salute, Last stand, Stand or w/e else that is more clear lol. next when using salute use cheap bullets unless you want the 2 MAB bullets as the dmg on the bullet means nothing, WKR bullet is best for QD till you get DP bullets.

I checked thru the last 6 pages on main cor thread and found 2-3 ppl posted their savage blade and salute sets, in addition to the first page of main cor thread with sehachans guid node which is up to date.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-28 10:26:36  
I have to add a Savage set though, I keep forgetting about doing it.
 Valefor.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-15 12:46:37  
Afania said: »
Lots of info
Oh wow, I didn't notice this until now. I just came back and have leveled COR to 99. This is SUPER helpful. You should make guides for classes, having a place to start instead of "here is your bis gear item set" doesn't really help. Someone who is reading a guide needs to know the basics and where to start, not a BIS list, lol. Thanks a lot for this, really appreciate it!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-15 13:09:14  
The guide lists alternatives for anything not just the best. There just isn't anything below ambuscade/skirmish/af reforged.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-15 13:32:19  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The guide lists alternatives for anything not just the best. There just isn't anything below ambuscade/skirmish/af reforged.
Yeah but seeing a huge list of gear as someone who hasn't played since 2012(or longer) or never touched cor(which is who is going to be reading guides) is kinda a lot of info that they can't really grasp. These people(I am one of them) have no idea where all this gear comes from and is all equally as unavailable to them as the BIS gear(I had no idea the "Downgrades" are starter gear to work towards on your guide) without a ton of researching before hand, but if you're researching information just to understand a guide, isn't that kind of..bad?

I didn't really find much useful information in any guide I've read here for jobs I want to play. They tell me to use X and pick X merits but don't really explain WHY I should be using X gear or picking X merits very thoroughly. They aren't really guides in the sense I feel a guide should be, and seem more like a BIS list for experienced players to look at I guess?

My boyfriend who is brand new to the game hasn't gotten basically any information from any guide, all from me or wikis because it's just list of merits/gear and nothing of the playstyle of the class or how to play or be optimal. It's just "here's some gear, here's merits, now go play", but doesn't tell you how to optimally play AT ALL. It doesn't tell you what your class is supposed to be or do, or how to manage your resources or anything.

For example, the corsair guide didn't tell me how to optimally roll 11's with fold/snake eye or fish for 11 or how to take advantage of having an 11 and fishing for another 11. It didn't even tell me I had to figure this ALL out for myself. I mean, it didn't even have any information at all on crook or how to use it optimally and I had to figure and learn this all ON MY OWN.

Keeping up dual 11's 100% of the time is how you optimize and play corsair at max potential, yet the guide doesn't give an ounce of information on how to, nor does it say you should be doing that.

A guide should be for people who know NOTHING about the class, not assuming people are already experts on it, which is what these guides seem to be. They should be renamed "Gear BIS lists"

I don't mean to bash you for all the hard work, or bash anyone for all the hard work that was put into the guides. I appreciate them greatly, I just have massive criticism towards them that I would like to share so that we could perhaps get the best guides humanly possible for every class!
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-15 13:44:37  
If you want to know where something comes from, click on the item, then click on the BG wiki link, which will likely list where it comes from. If it doesn't, then you can click the reference button which will list pages where the item is listed.

I don't think it's really the responsibility of a guide to teach you how to internet.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-15 13:44:59  
Guides are interactive. People who ask get all the answers in the world that they want. But bemoaning will get you neither answers, nor sympathy.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-15 13:47:08  
Guides are interactive. People who ask get all the answers in the world that they want. But bemoaning will get you neither answers, nor sympathy.
I guess that's fair. That seems to be the best way to get any information.

Sorry if I offended you or any guide maker, wasn't my intention. Just confused on why the guides are how they are.
 Asura.Crevox
サーバ: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-15 13:55:21  
Valefor.Kiaru said: »
I guess that's fair. That seems to be the best way to get any information.

Sorry if I offended you or any guide maker, wasn't my intention. Just confused on why the guides are how they are.

Alas, in many cases, guides are not as descriptive to those fine points as they possibly could be. I think that people would appreciate the specifics you have described, but it's up to the individual writing the guide whether or not they want to include those details.

We also have a limited number of players as is that are willing to write guides or catalog information in a public location. Because of that, there is a large quantity of information both in and out of the game that just sort of floats around the community, and until you become privy to it, you are in the dark. The bg-wiki has done a good job of providing a lot of this information to the community, but it just can't provide some things (for example, Corsair rolling strategies). For those things, all you can really do is inquire, or come to the conclusion on your own (which may be a better conclusion than what is known in some cases).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-15 14:02:38  
Not just the raw acc really, we have more of that simply because of weapon type.

enhaste is a HUGE differance
If you like me solo a lot it sure does...considering that trusts only give us flurry................

Not true. If you cancel every flurry attempt (I & II), eventually either Koru or Apururu will haste you. Koru will even use haste 2, but the priority is FlurryII > Flurry > Hastes. Annoying, but its a workaround.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-15 14:04:14  
Eventually... <.<
By Afania 2016-10-15 14:09:25  
Valefor.Kiaru said: »
For example, the corsair guide didn't tell me how to optimally roll 11's with fold/snake eye or fish for 11 or how to take advantage of having an 11 and fishing for another 11. It didn't even tell me I had to figure this ALL out for myself. I mean, it didn't even have any information at all on crook or how to use it optimally and I had to figure and learn this all ON MY OWN.

Keeping up dual 11's 100% of the time is how you optimize and play corsair at max potential, yet the guide doesn't give an ounce of information on how to, nor does it say you should be doing that.

The thing is that everything in FFXI is situational, nothing is optimal in every single situation. If you want the guide to cover every situation on how to play optimally it would be way too much info for pretty much anyone to read, considering FFXI has quite a bit of content now.

For example keeping up dual 11 is optimal when COR isn't also doing DD or when you have lots of down time. Double up on 6 is ideal in some situations but not fast paced zerg event like ambuscade. Optimal merit allocation is also different depending on content.

In other words the optimal way to play the job is different from content to content, and in different pt setup as well.

For example I never double up on 6 in ambu and roll with WS 3 snake eye 5 merit allocation, because if you bust you lose more time reroll than actually killing the NM. So I just snake eye on 6 for higher roll potency and a chance for 11 then reset snake eye with RD.

On the other hand in Escha Id roll with WS 5 Snake eye 3 merit and double up on 6, and often roll near warp 1 for super revit access. I also roll differently depending on pt need 2 rolls only or 4.

As you can see, 2 different current events and the optimal way to roll is already very different. Now if you add different pt setup(2 roll v.s 4 rolls), different play style(support only v.s DD),outdated event that returning players may do etc then there's quite a lot of info on JUST rolling. And I don't see how it's possible to fit every info in, personally.
[+]
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-15 14:13:14  
Afania said: »
The thing is that everything in FFXI is situational, nothing is optimal in every single situation.
Yeah that makes sense.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-15 14:26:21  
Not just the raw acc really, we have more of that simply because of weapon type.

enhaste is a HUGE differance
If you like me solo a lot it sure does...considering that trusts only give us flurry................

Can use King of Hearts!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-15 23:35:14  
From my experience, Arciella, Koru, and KoH all have the same mechanic in that they register Corsair as a ranged attacker rather than a short range melee. They will always start out by using Flurry, but if they are on timers, they will default to Hastes. They will always try to use Haste2 on you, unless you already have Haste1, then they won't bother overwriting it (this has been my case).

So what I have done is I will always immediately cancel both Flurries, and then if Apururu gets haste1 off before Haste2 comes from a RDM, I'll cancel that too. Sometimes you can get stuck cancelling 3-4 spells, but you gotta be persistent with that 30% haste!
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-16 02:45:25  
Your experience is wrong- KoH doesn't even have Flurry, which is why I specifically mentioned him.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-16 03:04:44  
my only issue with KoH is his tendency to be a ***and pull 8 extra mobs with his worthless firagas
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-10-17 08:51:04  
KoH will haste 2 corsair, the main problem is that he will always Dia first so if you are killing so fast they only use 1 spell you won't get haste from him.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-17 14:37:44  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Your experience is wrong- KoH doesn't even have Flurry, which is why I specifically mentioned him.

Thanks.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-17 14:43:28  
Technically a different subject, but I been meaning to pick up a Fettering Blade for a long time but never got around to doing Dawn. What kind of setup would people use for Difficult or VD?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-17 15:00:25  
We've done it with a standard HTB setup: COR GEO WHM PLD DDX2 (usually BLU or another AG job). PLD can tank this thing while burping a baby on his lap. Not threatening at all. Just have the mages bring echo drops to take silence off, and use your DT set during impregnability to reduce dmg taken during his Invincible TP move.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-17 15:02:57  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
We've done it with a standard HTB setup: COR GEO WHM PLD DDX2 (usually BLU or another AG job). PLD can tank this thing while burping a baby on his lap. Not threatening at all. Just have the mages bring echo drops to take silence off, and use your DT set during impregnability to reduce dmg taken during his Invincible TP move.

Thanks, don't seem too bad. Guess I should get off my lazy backside and set something up. Also can COR melee this? Or should we stand back? /nin or /dnc if we can?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-10-17 15:06:19  
Cor can melee this safely, as the tp moves aren't threatening at all. /nin is useless, since everything he does wipes shadows. /dnc is the way to go. Chaos/Sam's and can just Savage Blade generously. Just don't interrupt the other DDs self SCs. I think Leaden is worthless on this NM (used to solo this on Normal as RUN, Lunge was pathetic), but I haven't personally tried it so not sure..
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-17 15:08:11  
Cor can melee this safely, as the tp moves aren't threatening at all. /nin is useless, since everything he does wipes shadows. /dnc is the way to go. Chaos/Sam's and can just Savage Blade generously. Just don't interrupt the other DDs self SCs. I think Leaden is worthless on this NM (used to solo this on Normal as RUN, Lunge was pathetic), but I haven't personally tried it so not sure..

Yeah I don't have a sword yet.. that's kinda the point of doing this. :p Guess I'll Last Stand or Wildfire and see what's better.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-17 15:14:33  
/nin is useless, since everything he does wipes shadows. /dnc is the way to go.
Nin is more damage than dnc.

Do Last Stand.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-17 15:19:37  
/nin is useless, since everything he does wipes shadows. /dnc is the way to go.
Nin is more damage than dnc.

Do Last Stand.

I was thinking that too.. cor needs the dual wield. Also I got a Malison the other day out of a Unity coffer, if I +1 it would it be a better fit than my Vanir Gun I been using since last year? lol.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-17 15:20:39  
Vanir should serve you better still.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-17 15:22:25  
Vanir should serve you better still.

Nicely. I did like the look of the Malison but the damage rating let it down sadly :( Guess I'm sticking with it til I get myself a DP or molybdosis years down the line.