Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
VIP
By Kalila 2016-06-06 16:53:33  
Just think of the mods when it eventually comes to PC!

Totally getting the remove Vaan's abs mod/reskin.
 Asura.Cicion
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2016-06-06 16:58:08  
Ill save my money and emulate the International Zodiac Job System version when i feel the itch to play 12
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 16:58:20  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I have a much bigger gripe with this game but I'll save it for another post.
Alright, it's time.
I've said this before in the past, but it wasn't a dedicated thread so I'mm say it again here..

Also inb4. No, I'm not a hater. At all.
FF is actually my #1 obsession, I even got a roleplay forum dedicated to it since 10 years. You often see me critical of the games because I really love them, and I think about them a lot. It's not hate, rather analysis.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-06 16:58:45  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Do we get to play as Basch, the real main character, or are we still that little mary sue ***?
Balthier is the true main character, srsly.
Yup, Balth was the original main character. They added Vaan/Penelo midway to appeal to younger folks since Vagrant story kinda bombed with an older lead.
Guide Maker
By Seha 2016-06-06 17:00:05  
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Do we get to play as Basch, the real main character, or are we still that little mary sue ***?
He even said it at one point, did he not?
That was just boasting and a play on words to break the fourth wall..

Ashe is the main character with Balthier as co-protagonist. The others are support(except for Penelo, I still don't know why she's even there..even Vaan as much as I hate him at least has a modicum of sense for existing).
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-06 17:02:19  
Seha said: »
Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
He even said it at one point, did he not?
That was just boasting and a play on words to break the fourth wall..

Ashe is the main character with Balthier as co-protagonist. The others are support(except for Penelo, I still don't know why she's even there..even Vaan as much as I hate him at least has a modicum of sense for existing).
Balth is the main character. The director said so himself.
edit: director not creator
VIP
By Kalila 2016-06-06 17:04:52  
The game has a lot of potential that was missed. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the company transition. I read somewhere at one point that the entire team for the game changed, one of the main devs was removed and the FF9 one stayed for a bit but he had health issues.

I can't possibly find a source for that though~
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-06 17:06:04  
The creator said he was originally intended to be the lead.

That's obviously not what happened though, because the game centers itself around Ashe coming to terms with her hatred and winning back her birthright. While also giving a finger to the Occuria and severing their hold on Ivalice's mortals.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-06 17:07:40  
I'm looking forward to playing it again, haven't played it at all in over 5 years. It had plenty of developmental problems which crippled the forgetful story and awful cast, but the gameplay was solid and the Hunts were a blast. Too bad the summons and quickenings were useless. Never played the Zodiac version at all.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 17:10:53  
Hunts are, at least for my taste, the most fun part of this game!

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Too bad the summons and quickenings were useless
I agree on the summons, but I used quicks a lot. Maybe just cause I'm weak *shrugs*
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-06 17:11:45  
Kalila said: »
The game has a lot of potential that was missed. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the company transition. I read somewhere at one point that the entire team for the game changed, one of the main devs was removed and the FF9 one stayed for a bit but he had health issues.

I can't possibly find a source for that though~
Mentions that here.
http://www.gameinformer.com/blogs/members/b/meggo_blog/archive/2010/01/02/so-the-star-of-ff12-was-supposed-to-be-balthier.aspx
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-06 17:13:34  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »

That's obviously not what happened though, because the game centers itself around Ashe coming to terms with her hatred and winning back her birthright. While also giving a finger to the Occuria and severing their hold on Ivalice's mortals.
Could argue it centers around an ex judge who's father went mad and is causing mass destruction. The whole catalyst for Ashe's trials.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-06 17:14:07  
I agree on the summons, but I used quicks a lot. Maybe just cause I'm weak *shrugs*

They had various uses early in the game but honestly by the time you hit level 35+ they were obsolete. You spent a lot of time trying to get as many as you could in one chain and then it does like, 20k damage. While your melees are doing 5k per hit, you could have killed the mob in the time it took to get through the quickenings. They were fun and flashy, but no real use in big fights.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-06-06 17:14:43  
I have a much bigger gripe with this game but I'll save it for another post.
Alright, it's time.
I've said this before in the past, but it wasn't a dedicated thread so I'mm say it again here..

Also inb4. No, I'm not a hater. At all.
FF is actually my #1 obsession, I even got a roleplay forum dedicated to it since 10 years. You often see me critical of the games because I really love them, and I think about them a lot. It's not hate, rather analysis.
Ya know, I can relate to that. The whole idea of wasted potential is much of why I hate Type-0. When I tell people I don't like it many think it's something to do with FF despite it being my favorite series, hell, FFX changed my life even, Type-0 just disappointed the hell outta me.
 Bismarck.Vasch
サーバ: Bismarck
user: heykojiro
By Bismarck.Vasch 2016-06-06 17:18:12  
I'm Captain Vasch fon Ronsenberg of Dalmasca!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2016-06-06 17:21:12  
Is this actually gonna be a remake that is noticeably better than an emulator this time around?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-06 17:21:58  
Phoenix.Morier said: »

Could argue it centers around an ex judge who's father went mad and is causing mass destruction. The whole catalyst for Ashe's trials.
Having your dad cause the conflict doesn't mean much when the narrative is based around Ashe.

Balthier is not the lead. He plays a very heavy involved support, but the story is very much centered around Ashe.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-06 17:22:02  
Its a remaster, yes.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-06 17:24:56  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

They had various uses early in the game but honestly by the time you hit level 35+ they were obsolete. You spent a lot of time trying to get as many as you could in one chain and then it does like, 20k damage. While your melees are doing 5k per hit, you could have killed the mob in the time it took to get through the quickenings. They were fun and flashy, but no real use in big fights.
It's a 20k chunk of damage where you aren't taking any damage in return.

It saved my *** during a 30 minute grueling fight against Ultima when I went in unprepared and under leveled.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2016-06-06 17:26:58  
I put about 350 hours into the original non-Zodiac version and did everything except Yiazmat (because I missed getting a piece of gear, and put off doing it for so long that I would have needed to re-learn the game). So I'll wait for the PC version of this.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2016-06-06 17:34:11  

Perhaps it's just me, but I didn't think the characters in XII all that bad. They largely had reasons for their being there, with the exception of Vaan/Penelo. It felt like playing as a third party rather than the hero of the story, which was different, because it made it feel more like you're a citizen of the world helping to save it, rather than someone special and important who's integral to the world itself.

Kinda a story about how anyone, given the motivation and wish to do so, can help to save the world from it's issues. You won't do it alone, and you will need some people who're important to aid you, but you needn't feel as though you're incapable of contributing. But, perhaps I read too much into stories like that.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-06 17:36:11  
Vaan at least is a kid with a dream to realize. Which is still weak *** motivation, but it's something.

Pennello tho..

It's nice to see them getting it on in RW at least.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-06 17:37:04  

I thought Basch was intended to be lead but it was scrapped in favor of a younger protagonist that could appeal to younger fans or some crap
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-06-06 17:37:59  
Quote:
Basch was initially meant to be the main protagonist of the story, but the focus was eventually shifted to Vaan and Penelo when the two characters were created later in development. The development team explained that their previous game, Vagrant Story, which featured a "strong man in his prime" as the protagonist had been unsuccessful and unpopular; the change regarding Final Fantasy XII from a "big and tough" protagonist to a younger, youthful one was thus decided after targeting demographics were considered.

That's what wiki says at least and there's a French interview cited as the source but I know like three words in French

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Comment: Profanity in images, baiting
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-06 18:01:09  

Having your dad cause the conflict doesn't mean much when the narrative is based around Ashe.

Balthier is not the lead. He plays a very heavy involved support, but the story is very much centered around Ashe.
Ashe would not have a story without Cid. Balth = leading man Ashe = leading lady.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-06 18:04:06  
And? It's still Ashe's story. Being the catalyst's son doesn't make someone the main character.

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

I thought Basch was intended to be lead but it was scrapped in favor of a younger protagonist that could appeal to younger fans or some crap
Someone with a B was intended to be the lead, but it was scrapped. /shrugs
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-06-06 18:07:34  
And? It's still Ashe's story. Being the catalyst's son doesn't make someone the main character.

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Someone with a B was intended to be the lead, but it was scrapped. /shrugs
It does when she is totally helpless without him. He drives the story. She begs for his help. The only decision she makes is to destroy the sun cryst and fails at that.
By Blazed1979 2016-06-06 18:14:51  
FFXII's soundtrack is also timeless.

- Final Fantasy XII - Boss Battle
- Final Fantasy XII - Secret Practice
- Final Fantasy XII - Royal Capital Rabanastre-City Upper Ground
- Final Fantasy XII - The Dalmasca Estersand
and
- Final Fantasy XII - Giza Plains

This was the first FF game I bought as an independent adult. Has my big TV and home entertainment system surround sound. When I heard Giza Plains it was like my sitting room was immersed into the fantasy.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-06 18:28:36  
So can anyone explain what the Zodiac job system is?