BREXIT Just Happened...

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » BREXIT Just happened...
BREXIT Just happened...
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 28 29 30
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 08:41:28  
I Agree that there needs to be more to make people more politically aware. Very much a lack of understanding and a lack of interest. but maybe now there will be
 Shiva.Eboneezer
サーバ: Shiva
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-06-25 08:59:04  
Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Being Independent isn't a bad thing, but it does look extremely racist when the last 10 years of complaints about immigration have been aimed at the Polish. "The Polish are taking our jobs". I certainly remember people saying that. I Also certainly remember people saying "They come here, take our jobs and refuse to learn our language" too. Hmm, that looks pretty racist to me.

Which race exactly are they being racist against?

Also, it seems to me that people truly believe that the votes of "the older generation" don't matter for some reason, as if they don't have any kind of say in the matter. Everyone has a right to their vote, and their vote counts just as equally as any other.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 09:13:36  
Uh. Lets see.
The Polish for a start. The Arabic Especially with the migrant crisis.

Seriously have you never heard anyone say "They come here and take our jobs, refuse to learn our language, they shouldn't be in this country"
Did you never see the UKIP Party member who got kicked out of the election for saying to someone "He isn't british enough to be running for parliament" Someone of Eastern background.
Seems pretty racist to me.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 09:16:25  
Did you never see the UKIP Party member who got kicked out of the election for saying to someone "He isn't british enough to be running for parliament" Someone of Eastern background, against someone else running in his consintuancy***
 Cerberus.Ephexis
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2016-06-25 09:28:32  
Did you never see the UKIP Party member who got kicked out of the election for saying to someone "He isn't british enough to be running for parliament" Someone of Eastern background, against someone else running in his consintuancy***

In my constituency (Read: The good end of the Solent), it's been Conservative for decades. They elected an MP, the first of British-Chinese MP, despite the majority of his campaign being based on lies. When this was raised, and proven, I remember the UKIP candidate just being accused of being racist.

Not sure if that stereotype was based on what other UKIP candidates had said previously, but still.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-06-25 09:29:57  
Uh. Lets see.

Seriously have you never heard anyone say "They come here and take our jobs, refuse to learn our language, they shouldn't be in this country"
Did you never see the UKIP Party member who got kicked out of the election for saying to someone "He isn't british enough to be running for parliament" Someone of Eastern background.

I've never heard anyone say Polish is a race. I figured people understood that your nationality isn't your race. But then again, people still say a wall is racist so there's that.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 09:31:31  
It's still racist. It's still discrimination against a group of people, based on where they where born and where they came from.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 09:32:46  
But that upon itself is talk for a different P&R Room not here.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 09:36:47  
Shiva.Eboneezer said: »
I've never heard anyone say Polish is a race. I figured people understood that your nationality isn't your race. But then again, people still say a wall is racist so there's that.
There exists a thing called context in conversations.
Colloquially, the act of targeting a specific ethnicity(in this case the slavic people) is called racism.

I wish people were a bit more honest when getting into debates.
[+]
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-06-25 09:37:20  
If it's still racist, and my asking you to clarify an argument that you made in this forum isn't on topic, then please PM me which specific race(s) it's being racist against.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 09:38:35  
Then look up.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-25 09:38:40  
Uh. Lets see.

That particulr exchange is remarkable for 2 reasons.

1) Obviously a nationality ISN'T a race. So one cannot be racist against say Polish people, it just doesn't work that way.

2) The instigator claiming you ARE racist is actually assuming that everyone from one particular country is of one particular race. That IS in fact racial prejudice.

But that doesn't stop the slander, or the irrational attacks. The unhinged just love throwing the racism charge around too much. It yields too many good feelz.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-06-25 09:43:16  
Sylph.Lilkat said: »
I think people surprised about this don't seem to of realized that the people of Britain never liked the reality of what the EU actually turned out to be or was evolving into (outside of regressive leftists and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE millennials of course), we never really wanted to be part of it at all and have always shunned closer integration at every single turn. It was originally misrepresented and we were pulled into what was shaping up to be a European superstate, large numbers of people who voted out were the ones who were conned into voting in originally.

When the deal started to get worse (and wow has it been getting worse over the last 10 years) we took the opportunity and got out of the sinking ship, the truth is that the poor people bore the brunt of this horrible union and they are the ones that went out in record numbers to vote leave. The lie of the EU being a boon to the poor was rejected because the reality was that the money they gave to those poor areas was only a fraction of what UK tax payers were forced to pay to be a part of it.

Most of the people whining at this result are the well off, the people who live far away from any mass immigration hot spots and/or people in college that are living off their parents ticket. You know, those people who need to "check their privilege"

In short, quit whining and realize that what is done is done. There will not be another referendum, online polls don't matter in the real world, there will not be a change of heart and everything is proceeding here and in the EU to take us out. We are heading out and from here on forward it's about making that decision work for the betterment of us all and not complaining and wishing for failure just so you can be proven correct.

The pound will recover (it's already is), we will get to pick who makes all of our laws again and we will get total control over immigration (and use immigration for our benefit and not that of the superstate ideal). Oh and wanting to be an independent nation does not make you a "bigot" a "racist" or even "literally Hitler" either.

For better or for worse, this is the decision we have made and it's time to accept it and make it work, if the 46% don't like that.. well such is the reality of life. Sometimes you have to accept things you don't personally like for the benefit of the whole.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 09:44:38  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
There exists a thing called context in conversations.
Colloquially, the act of targeting a specific ethnicity(in this case the slavic people) is called racism.

I wish people were a bit more honest when getting into debates.
Another example.

The Irish hate the British and visa versa. Irish isn't a race, but the hatred is still racist.

Reasons why include religion and committing an almost genocide in the 1700s against them. Years of oppression etc. Oh and not saving them during the potato famine. Need i go on?
 Shiva.Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2016-06-25 09:50:48  
Another example.

The Irish hate the British and visa versa. Irish isn't a race, but the hatred is still racist.

Reasons why include religion and committing an almost genocide in the 1700s against them. Years of oppression etc. Oh and not saving them during the potato famine. Need i go on?

I wouldn't go on, no. Instead, I would go look up the many types of prejudice and quit throwing the incorrect term, racist, at everything. And for now, I'm going to bed. I'll shut my racist door to keep all the races out because i'm just that racist.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-25 09:51:41  
Is FFXIAH racist ? That is the question!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 09:52:33  
And for now, I'm going to bed
Good. Intellectual dishonesty isn't entertaining.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-06-25 09:54:33  
Holy ***it's xenophobia, there, stop arguing.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-25 09:55:00  
I feel like my long post was ignored.
R.I.P the Dream Team long post.

Don't worry now that you aren't in the EU you will be ignored a lot...
By fonewear 2016-06-25 09:55:43  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Holy ***it's xenophobia, there, stop arguing.

Why have internet forums then just to post pictures of cats ?
By Blazed1979 2016-06-25 10:03:37  
Quck question for you westerners (baboomlol) - do you consider it racist to want to keep your home countries national identity in tact, perpetuate your cultures etc?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 10:05:01  
You don't need to shut other cultures off to mantain your own. A thing us "westerners" understand well.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 10:06:17  
Independence/National Identity are 2 separate things IMO
And have no part on Xenophobia. However, they always drag it into it.

(Also i totally forgot the word lol)
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-25 10:07:28  
I'm explaining poorly i should just focus on FFXI
By Blazed1979 2016-06-25 10:09:29  
You don't need to shut other cultures off to mantain your own. A thing us "westerners" understand well.

What is "cutting off" (think you meant cutting out) defined as, and what is "maintaining" defined as?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 10:15:39  
That accepting other cultures into your community does not threaten your own. I didn't think it was hard what I said.

The only people who feel threatened are, you guessed it, the xenophobes.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-25 10:28:22  
Blazed1979 said: »
Quck question for you westerners (baboomlol) - do you consider it racist to want to keep your home countries national identity in tact, perpetuate your cultures etc?
Multiculturalism is a failure and a scam.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-25 10:29:16  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Is this what you think of the USA?
[+]
By fonewear 2016-06-25 10:30:23  
Let's ask Japan what they think of multiculturalism... JP ONRY
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-25 10:43:41  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Is this what you think of the USA?
The idea of a "melting pot" is the opposite of multiculturalism.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 28 29 30