Random Politics & Religion #09

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 53 54 55
By fonewear 2016-08-02 15:05:14  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
fonewear said: »
The only positive of marriage is 2 bank accounts instead of one.
One for her and one for the family?

I actually laughed in real life cause it is so true.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-02 15:05:37  
But ideally it is money for both partners but it never works out that way.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-08-02 15:05:51  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
in most cases men are still the bread winners but that is steadily changing... But I mean that right there should be a signal for ya to see why things still are the way they are though I don't typically think it's as bad as you think...

I mean.. If you're married to someone do t you want to make them happy? Isn't that the whole point of it? Is that really all that hard most of the time? There are arguments that can be made for either side though... If someone is caught cheating or if there is physical violence in the relationship or if the kids aren't being treated well by one of them etc... Those all apply to both sexes...

There are arguments to be made for either side but it really depends on the relationship of that specific couple and what you can prove... There are consequences for both and to say otherwise is just false...

So what are some negative consequences for women who choose to divorce their bread winning husband? Let's compare.
The same ones that are there for men...

Women get penalize for cheating among other things just like men do and it works against them in the process just like for men... The only thing that seems to be leading you to this is that there are still more men that bring in more money for the household... So I mean when you have an advantage to earn and advance more then yeah... If women had that advantage over men maybe things would seem different to you so I mean if you want to give up one advantage for another...

Where do you even get the idea that all these women are do or int their husbands to make all kinds of money for nothing? I don't think you truly understand the dynamics of society and divorce...

As I've said before though... Courts do still tend to default to mothers over fathers in custody hearings but even that is starting to change... Child support is a lot different than alimony though...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-02 15:06:17  
Now that women are liberated we will never hear the end of it.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-08-02 15:07:28  
I know I say this every three months or so, but, you two are idiots.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-08-02 15:08:38  
Siren.Mosin said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
eh I wouldn't go that far, just that it's a pretty bad deal for men when you look at the entire picture.

It's a choice just like any other, there are risks, there are rewards.

I agree with that but certainly a different set of risks and rewards for each participant.
By fonewear 2016-08-02 15:08:56  
Siren.Mosin said: »
I know I say this every three months or so, but, you two are idiots.

That won't be the first or last time a man with a raccoon on his shoulder called me that !
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-02 15:17:30  
Is the deadline over for potential outsiders to enter the presidential run?
By fonewear 2016-08-02 15:19:01  
In non marriage counseling news:

The hope of the 3% is with this

Jill Stein has selected human rights activist Ajamu Baraka as her running mate, the Green Party presumptive nominee's campaign announced Monday.
Baraka was the founding executive director of the U.S. Human Rights Network and coordinator of the Black Left Unity Network’s Committee on International Affairs. He has also served on the boards of Amnesty International and the National Center for Human Rights Education.
Story Continued Below
"Ajamu Baraka is a powerful, eloquent spokesperson for the transformative, radical agenda whose time has come — an agenda of economic, social, racial, gender, climate, indigenous and immigrant justice." Stein said in the statement that Ajamu’s life’s work has embodied the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.: "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Stein said she had considered former Ohio State Sen. Nina Turner, a Bernie Sanders surrogate, but that the “conditions were not right for a combined run.”
She also spoke with author Chris Hedges, Green Party Senate candidate Margaret Flowers, activist Kevin Zeese of PopularResistance.org,and former Black Panther Party leader Aaron Dixon.
In the latest CNN/ORC poll, Stein only received 5 percent of support, trailing Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and Gary Johnson. Stein and Baraka will be officially nominated at the Green Party convention in Houston on Aug. 6.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/jill-stein-ajamu-baraka-running-mate-226561
By fonewear 2016-08-02 15:19:54  
My bad she has 5% support pretty impressive !
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-02 15:44:59  
Quote:
(CNN)The CEO of the Democratic National Committee and two other high-level staffers left the organization on Tuesday in the wake of the committee's hacked email controversy.
Amy Dacey is the highest-ranking official at the DNC to step aside due to the matter, a senior Democratic official said. The DNC also announced the departure of CFO Brad Marshall and and Communications Director Luis Miranda in a press release Tuesday afternoon.

Dacey is well-respected by Hillary Clinton's campaign and the DNC circle, a source familiar with the resignation said. But the committee is looking to clean house in the wake of leaked emails that appeared to show the committee favoring Clinton over Bernie Sanders during the primary.
Dacey's resignation was first reported by Politico.
Interim Chairwoman Donna Brazile, who stepped in after the resignation of former Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz, also announced some additions to her team, saying former Howard Dean aide Tom McMahon would lead a transition team focused on November's election. The chief of staff that joined the DNC in June, Brandon Davis, will retain his post and oversee general election efforts, Brazile announced. Also joining as an interim senior adviser is Doug Thornell.
Wasserman Schultz resigned after the party's convention last week as a result of the revelations, and Brazile has stepped in as interim chair through the election.
The changes at the DNC come as the Clinton campaign is moving to take greater control of party headquarters in Washington and in states across the country.
Democrats are also trying to get ahead of the disclosure of more emails and internal documents from hacked computer systems, fearful of more embarrassing revelations.
The press release made no mention of the controversy, focusing instead on gearing up for the November election.
The controversy began late last month when nearly 20,000 internal emails, released by WikiLeaks, were dumped on the Internet.
The emails between a handful of DNC officials revealed conversations about Sanders' campaign, including one official suggesting he should be questioned about his faith to hurt him in key Southern states.
The emails are believed to have been released by Russian operatives after the DNC was hacked earlier this year. The US has not made an official assessment of responsibility, but has acknowledged that experts agree the hack was committed by hackers working for the Russian military and intelligence.
Though the DNC and Democrats have focused on the implications of suspected Russian meddling in the US election, the emails have cast the organization in a negative light.
The White House hasn't officially commented on Russia's involvement, other than to say the FBI is investigating, but in a press conference on Tuesday, President Barack Obama downplayed the significance of the suspicion.
"If, in fact, Russia engaged in this activity, it's just one on a long list of issues that me and Mr. (Vladimir) Putin talk about," Obama said. "I don't think that it wildly swings what is a tough, difficult relationship that we have with Russia right now."
By fonewear 2016-08-02 15:55:39  
Waiting for Russians to hack my e-mail so they can show me how to find all those "sexy girls next door"
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-02 16:05:13  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Is the deadline over for potential outsiders to enter the presidential run?
Been over for quite some time.

You don't apply just on the federal form, but each individual state has deadlines also.

Funny facts:

Candidates who are running for president:

Uncle Touchy The Pedophile Serial Killer Clown
Buddy The Elf
Toy Testicles
Zibble the Puppet (Must be a Puppetmaster)
Walt The Savage
Zorro The Cockroach
Anakin Skywalker and his opponent Yoda Starwars
Mr. Porcupines R. Spikey Jr, a distant relative of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Pizza Hey he stole that guy's
Forrest Gump of the Chocolate Party
COMMANDANT DOG EATING MANIACAL FISH BRAINED UGLY MOOSE LOOKALIKE FOOL THAT WILL BE ELECTED
Deez Nuts, his brother Deez W. Nutz, his sister Ceedeez Nuts, and their mother Hold Ma Nuts
The Crawling Chaos Nyarlathotep
BatMan NotBrucewayne
H. Majesty Satan Lord of Underworld Prince of Darkness !
Kermit Frog
And last but not least:
Cthulhu
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-08-02 16:25:36  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Hold up!

Asura.Vyre said: »
7) There are people, trust me. A family friend of mine, let's call him Russell, his wife became a vegetarian many years ago. She got his daughters to also become vegetarian (though her oldest was just agreeing with her to appease her, and would go out with her father to eat steak behind her back). Basically this forced Russell to have to go out to eat by himself if he wanted meat. She wouldn't tolerate it in the house, and since they'd been married for about 26 years before this change occurred, he knew what she was like and could not change her mind. ***was wack.

The bolded: How old are these kids.

The underlined: Let me guess. The oldest is in the prime time of that "magical" time when girls blossom into women and all that jazz? Yeah! That rare to medium-rare rib-eye is God damn satisfying! BLOODY!!!
This was a few years back(like 13 years... or more, damn). She's about 32 now I think? Back then she was uhh college age? I don't really remember. The other daughter was about 15 or 16.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-02 16:31:48  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Hold up!

7) There are people, trust me. A family friend of mine, let's call him Russell, his wife became a vegetarian many years ago. She got his daughters to also become vegetarian (though her oldest was just agreeing with her to appease her, and would go out with her father to eat steak behind her back). Basically this forced Russell to have to go out to eat by himself if he wanted meat. She wouldn't tolerate it in the house, and since they'd been married for about 26 years before this change occurred, he knew what she was like and could not change her mind. ***was wack.

The bolded: How old are these kids.

The underlined: Let me guess. The oldest is in the prime time of that "magical" time when girls blossom into women and all that jazz? Yeah! That rare to medium-rare rib-eye is God damn satisfying! BLOODY!!!
This was a few years back(like 13 years... or more, damn). She's about 32 now I think? Back then she was uhh college age? I don't really remember. The other daughter was about 15 or 16.

Well, I guess it's somewhat comforting that they weren't actually children when a vegetarian diet was imposed on them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-02 17:46:03  
Even though my wife has had celiac disease since childhood and can't eat gluten, she has never once tried to push me onto her diet. People who try to enforce their radical diets on others drive me nuts, especially when it's a sudden change. I completely respect vegetarians/vegans/etc. for their convictions, but wow can people be obnoxious about it. Just out of protest, I'm more inclined to buy a hamburger whenever I see a condescending PETA post on Facebook.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-08-02 17:54:34  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Even though my wife has had celiac disease since childhood and can't eat gluten, she has never once tried to push me onto her diet. People who try to enforce their radical diets on others drive me nuts, especially when it's a sudden change. I completely respect vegetarians/vegans/etc. for their convictions, but wow can people be obnoxious about it. Just out of protest, I'm more inclined to buy a hamburger whenever I see a condescending PETA post on Facebook.
PETA. It's what's for dinner.

Now served with copious amounts of meat.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-02 17:55:32  
After back reading a bit....

1, Marriage ain't THAT bad. I was married once, we parted friends, indeed we got back together many years later when he had two kids. I got to play wicked stepmother. It was fun. We are still friends.

2, If you can't be faithful find a partner into open relationships. Its so much better than running around behind someone's back.

3, Vegetarian and vegan diets can be healthy diets, even for kids. But you have to work at stuff like balancing proteins. Problem is there are too many bambi principal vegetarians who just find meat icky and know nothing about nutrition. The worst is fruitarian. I don't think its possible to have a balanced fruitarian diet.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-02 17:57:25  
Bloodrose said: »
PETA. It's what's for dinner.

Now served with copious amounts of meat.
People Eating Tasty Animals.

There was a BST LS on Garuda named PETA.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-02 18:41:19  
I'm all for PETA's message, but I'm very against it's methodology.

I mean, I volunteer at animal shelters, and donate money at said animal shelters all the time (plus, it's a tax write-off).

And I adopt cats too! Perfect trifecta of what PETA's message is.

But when you attack Super Mario Bros., that's where I draw the line!
By Bloodrose 2016-08-02 18:45:08  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm all for PETA's message, but I'm very against it's methodology.

I mean, I volunteer at animal shelters, and donate money at said animal shelters all the time (plus, it's a tax write-off).

And I adopt cats too! Perfect trifecta of what PETA's message is.

But when you attack Super Mario Bros., that's where I draw the line!
PETA has also been know to kill over 90% of the animals they "rescue", in the very vans they use to pick them up with. They spend a very large percent of donation money on advertising, like a grossly negligent amount of donation money, which should be spent on caring for the animals. They've got some really questionable methods, unless it's pure madness at this point in time.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-02 18:50:27  
Which is why I don't actually donate to PETA.

That organization is worse than the federal government
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-08-02 18:52:26  
I'd say donate to local charities and veterinarian offices.

Last I remember in Calgary, PETA wasn't welcome there, and neither was Green Peace.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-02 18:54:58  
Bloodrose said: »
Last I remember in Calgary
You don't say?

/applies for a Canadian Citizenship Form, but remembers that Texas > Canada anyday.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-02 18:56:52  
Alberta is beer and steak land.

Haven't been to Texas, but I hear it's the same thing, except it's closer to Oklahoma.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-02 18:59:04  
If Texas has a downside, it's that Oklahoma is our neighbor....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-02 18:59:27  
Also, you don't want to come to Texas now, you would melt.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-02 19:00:24  
that's a pretty big downside.

We make up for being Canadian, with our "yuge" selection beers and fresh steaks.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-02 19:05:45  
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-08-02 19:07:24  
Don't be fooled New Mexico is the worst neighbor. Nothing out there (well, a smidge of skiing). JOkalahoma has Broken Bow and Ouachita. Arkansas has Ouachita and Ozarks. Louisiana has NOLA and meat pies.

Perspective.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 53 54 55