Random Politics & Religion #09

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 53 54 55
By fonewear 2016-08-04 14:54:06  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I won't comment on what's libel and what isn't, but when an article hits top news that's based entirely on 3rd party hearsay, that's just ridiculous. And you wonder why fewer and fewer people trust the media.

That's why we come to FFXIAH for honest unbiased Pro Hillary news !
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-04 14:55:01  
I won't comment on what's libel and what isn't, but when an article hits top news that's based entirely on 3rd party hearsay, that's just ridiculous. And you wonder why fewer and fewer people trust the media.

Trump accused Ted Cruz' dad of being part of JFKs death. And now he's getting an unfair shake when he pulls from conspiracy theory? This being the same guy that entertained truthers.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-04 14:56:05  
I've talked to Ted Cruz dad and yes he was there behind the grassy knoll.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 14:57:01  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Trump accused Ted Cruz' dad of being part of JFKs death. And now he's getting an unfair shake when he pulls from conspiracy theory? This being the same guy that entertained truthers.
Fine, attack Trump when he says stupid ***like that.

Just don't make ***up to attack him with.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-04 14:57:35  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
If that's the case, you just prove my point.

Except Trump has said each and every thing that's been reported...and it's documented...
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-04 14:58:36  

media bias!
By Ramyrez 2016-08-04 15:00:11  
I personally find it super amusing people lambast the media over the things they say about Trump when he wouldn't be in this position without their coverage in the first place.

He's ridden his idiotic ***right to the top.

The American people are the problem. The media just reports what sells, and apparently Trump's oral diarrhea sells like hotcakes.
By fonewear 2016-08-04 15:00:42  
Ramyrez said: »
I personally find it super amusing people lambast the media over the things they say about Trump when he wouldn't be in this position without their coverage in the first place.

He's ridden his idiotic ***right to the top.

The American people are the problem. The media just reports what sells, and apparently Trump's oral diarrhea sells like hotcakes.

No you are the problem !
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-04 15:01:03  

Except Trump has said each and every thing that's been reported...and it's documented...

It's has to be a typo, since it proved your point and couldn't some how be a display of mental contortion to fit into his.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-04 15:01:20  

One form of stupid does not justify the other.

On a side note, why is a long-form birth certificate not required to become president in the first place, regardless of what you look like? There's more scrutiny required to get a mortgage for a double wide than there is to inhabit the White House.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 15:01:26  

Prove it.

And while you are at it, prove this one too
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-08-04 15:02:42  

You new here?

Yes yes it does
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-04 15:02:49  
Yeah what if the president's birth certificate shows that he isn't born yet? *cue Futurama episode*
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-04 15:06:19  
Quote:
(CNN)A total of 271 Russian athletes have been cleared to take part in the Rio Olympics, Alexander Zhukov, president of the Russian Olympics Committee, told reporters in Rio de Janeiro.
One of those competitors will participate in athletics, he said. There are still some cases the International Olympic Committee has yet to decide, Russian officials said.

The news means that more than 100 competitors of the original 387-strong Russian team have been banned from competing in Rio.
IOC President Thomas Bach confirmed during a news conference Thursday that a final decision on which Russian athletes will be able to take part in the Games will arrive before Friday.
Bach said all international sports federations had to be informed before a final list could be released.

A three-person IOC panel has been assessing which athletes from Russia can take part after an independent World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) report alleged state-sponsored doping in the country.
Hundreds of Russian athletes are in the Brazilian city for the Games, which officially begin Friday.

Earlier Thursday, The International Boxing Association confirmed that all 11 Russian boxers registered for the Games had been cleared to compete by the IOC panel.

The International Judo Federation also stated that all Russian athletes who qualified for the Games will be able to compete. The International Shooting Sport Federation has also cleared 18 Russian shooters to compete in Rio.
The respective governing bodies of athletics and weightlifting, the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and the International Weightlifting Federation, had already decided that no Russian athletes will take part in their sports during the Games.
But Zhukov said long jumper Darya Klishina will be able to compete. It is unclear whether she will be competing for the Russian team or as an independent athlete. The IAAF has said Klishina, who is based in the United States, can compete as a "neutral athlete."
Although the Russian Weightlifting Federation appealed that decision at the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), its petition was rejected Wednesday.
A number of Russian athletes were also banned from swimming, rowing and canoeing, although there was no blanket ban on competitors from the country in these sports.

An independent WADA report undertaken by professor Richard McLaren and published last month alleged that wide-scale doping by Russian athletes had been covered up by the country's security services over a number of years with the full knowledge of the ministry of sport.
WADA called for a blanket ban on Russian athletes in Rio as a result but the IOC initially opted to leave the decision up to the governing bodies of individual sports. The IOC then later stated it would compile a three-person panel to determine which Russian athletes would be cleared to take part before the Games begin on Friday.
The uncertainty this back and forth has caused led to a war of words between WADA and the IOC in recent days over who was to blame for the uncertainty.

Speaking Tuesday, Bach called for a complete overhaul of the anti-doping system. He said his organization could not be blamed for the timing of the McLaren report, published just two weeks before the commencement of the Rio Games, or the fact that information previously offered to WADA was not followed up.
Bach also defended the IOC's decision not to take the "nuclear option" of issuing a blanket ban on Russian athletes at the Games, stating that would be unfair to clean athletes within the country.
However, WADA president, Craig Reedie, hit back telling IOC delegates that although anti-doping systems weren't perfect, not all of them were broken. He also took aim at an IOC delegate who had alleged Reedie was more interested in self-promotion, calling such claims "offensive."
WADA spokesperson, Ben Nichols, told CNN Wednesday, meanwhile, that his organization had been consistent in recommending an all-out ban that was supported widely by governments, athletes and the public. But Nichols added that WADA can only make recommendations and has to respect the final decision of the IOC.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-04 15:08:15  

Prove it.

Again. They're both things that he's on record as saying or they have from a credible source.

Not. Libel.

Not the greatest reporting.

But not libel.
By fonewear 2016-08-04 15:11:07  

Prove it.

Again. They're both things that he's on record as saying or they have from a credible source.

Not. Libel.

Not the greatest reporting.

But not libel.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 15:11:39  
First one was a 3rd party stating that Trump said the things the 3rd party said he said. Can you prove that Trump said the things the 3rd party said he said? Where's the record?

Second one was Trump saying that he loves babies. Media spun that around saying that Trump booted a baby out of his rally. Did he really kick a crying baby out of his rally? Prove that. Show the evidence.

I know you won't because you can't.
By fonewear 2016-08-04 15:37:07  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

You new here?

Yes yes it does

By fonewear 2016-08-04 15:39:05  
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2016-08-04 15:39:20  
Ffs you're being obtuse. There's nothing to prove. Read the articles that you yourself posted. I'm not defending the content, just the legality. There's nothing libelous there!
By fonewear 2016-08-04 15:40:38  
Ffs you're being obtuse. There's nothing to prove. Read the articles that you yourself posted. I'm not defending the content, just the legality. There's nothing libelous there!

By fonewear 2016-08-04 15:42:28  
This isn't a court of law you don't have to prove anything beyond a reasonable doubt.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 15:48:10  
You just said that Trump stated those.

He did not. One case, not even close.

If making ***up is not considered libel and slanderous to you, then I can't help you.

But I wouldn't be surprised, after this election is over, if Trump sued these media outlets for libel. He can't do it now because of bad press associated with the lawsuits, and the media *could* say that, if Trump sued them, that he is against the 1st Amendment.

They probably would say that even if he didn't sue them anyway.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 15:55:25  
We're the codpiece of the universe.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 15:56:31  
Bloodrose said: »
I....have nothing to say to that.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-04 15:56:58  
Actually, that one about the "Why can't we use nuclear weapons", wasn't taken out of context. It just shows he's unaware of the reasons why we can't use them: The Nuclear fallout alone is reason enough, and the lingering effects that would spread globally in the wake of a nuclear attack.

Then there's the reaction from other countries with nuclear arms as well, which would be using them in retaliation, and poof, people gone. Unless you want to live in a world of Snake Plisken's Escape from L.A.
I prefer Hell Tanner's Damnation Alley. The book was MUCH better than the film BTW.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-04 15:58:21  
Why not go full nielson here?

By Bloodrose 2016-08-04 16:00:01  
I....have nothing to say to that.
I think that's twice I've left you speechless in this thread.
Or once in this thread, and once in the trump thread.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 53 54 55